Introduction Thread

Discuss anything and everything not pertaining to Survival of the Fittest here! Here is the place to introduce yourself, celebrate members' birthdays, discuss media, and generally hang out and have a good time. Also found here is the Fun and Games section, visible only to those who have registered.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

OGSwoosh wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:27 am Hello everyone! Just wanted to swing by and say hey. I'm Swoosh, I had a bunch of characters in V1 when it started waaay back in... 2005? 2006? Anyway, I was 14 years old then (making me *cough cough* years old now). I'd completely forgotten about this site and the characters I'd made until recently, and it was a huge huge shock to not only see all the posts etc still available to read, but that people had done art! (The Elise art looks exactly like I did when I was 14! Very impressed!)

Anyway, it was a lovely surprise to see this forum is still going strong, and I hope you all have fun here :D

Swoosh x
:D we do have fun! And thanks about the art- You were definately one of the better appearance writers back in the day and I had fun drawing you/her

Welcome back, swoosh! We're glad to have you, whether you're staying or not. Everything's changed so much- discord, phpbb, generally the fact that it's been like 16 years...
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Hey, Swoosh! We still have a few handlers here who started from around the same time period floating around so it's always cool to see returning folks.

We concluded v7 and are in the planning stages for v8 if you're ever considering participating again. We also have a Discord server where we stay pretty social in if you ever wanna swing by there and chat; the link is on the front index page.

The people with purple usernames are the staff around here, so if you have any questions and such feel free to ask them. Other than that, welcome to the boards and thanks for stopping by!
Vic Volta

Post by Vic Volta »

Hi. Call me Vic. A friend of mine referred me here when they learned I write. I'm not so good at talking with new people, but it's not so bad over the internet.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Vic Volta wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:04 pm Hi. Call me Vic. A friend of mine referred me here when they learned I write. I'm not so good at talking with new people, but it's not so bad over the internet.
Hey, Vic! Welcome to the boards! We're in the planning stages for v8 pregame if you wanna take a look what what everyone has cooking or have concepts already in mind you wanna share. We also have a Discord server that's fairly active if you ever wanna stop by and hang out.

Otherwise, if you have any questions the staff members are the ones with purple names so don't be afraid to poke them for anything.
bailey

Post by bailey »

hello hello i am new i am bailey this place seems cool, i checked out the discord! i came from tvtropes, like many others before me
backslash

Post by backslash »

bailey wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:46 pm hello hello i am new i am bailey this place seems cool, i checked out the discord! i came from tvtropes, like many others before me
Welcome! Since you're already in the Discord server, you've probably figured out that those of us with purple usernames are the staff team, but feel free to ask us if you have any questions. We're currently in the plotting and planning stage for the Version 8 pregame that's going to open soon, so you can check out the planning forum for that if you want to see what other people are up to there, or just browse the board and the wiki to look at our past versions.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."

Return to “General Discussion”