V6 Senior Quotes and Yearbook Memery

Discuss anything and everything that has to do with SOTF here -- from your favorite character to comments and suggestions about the site! This forum also contains roleplaying guides for your benefit!
Jilly

V6 Senior Quotes and Yearbook Memery

Post by Jilly »

Hey guys, I'll make it quick. One of my rostered V7 kids got a yearbook from Cochise High School for the 2014-2015 school year, AKA the same year part of the junior and senior classes were abducted for V6. So, what I am offering up is a chance to crowdsource for flavor text to incorporate in her opening post or something or just for funsies. I am not making any promises but I will try my hardest to make anything work using the limited brainpower I have available.

Basically, if you had a character participate either in V6 Pregame or V6 Proper AND was a member of the graduating senior class, I would like to know what their senior quote was. Along with this, if they had a particularly "unique" or otherwise interesting senior picture or paid the big bucks to take out a full or half page personalized ad in the back of the yearbook, that would be relevant knowledge as well.

Anyway, that's pretty much it. Peace.
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

Benjamin Fields -
'Qui audet adipiscitur.'

He also appears as part of a collage of what appears to be purposely funny pictures taking up half a page, perhaps a collaboration between several families as he only appears in a small part of the spread. He appears in a corner, an edited image marked in sharpie with his name and with the year '2005', depicting a gangly tween with Ben's senior photo haircut, standing next to a slightly younger girl. He's holding a certificate claiming him the winner of Pike's Peak Sundae Challenge.

Latanna Beckstead -
'Faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things.'

She appears in a half page showing a traditional collage of images of her life- she was in choir, debate, had awards, and seemed to travel and build homes along with a gaggle of family members who look similar to her. The dedication from her family is typically cliche.

Tina Luz -
'The photo's as real as the thing itself.'
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Nadia Riva:

"Of course I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in. ― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie"

Noah Whitley:

"Of course I'm not valedictorian. When have I ever been on top?"
Espi

Post by Espi »

Blair Moore
An astute observer will notice that Blair appears a couple of times in pictures outside of her senior profile. Notably, she can be seen reciting a poem at the front of a class (and is looking rather scornfully to the camera out of the corner of her eye), as well as in the background of an auditorium picture. It might be difficult to pick her out, though, as her hairstyle in the former is very different from that in the latter. Her profile picture was taken before the change, as was the auditorium shot.

"Good girls go to heaven, but bad girls go everywhere."

Jane Madison
(Did anyone even remember she was mine)
In addition to her senior portrair, Jane is present in the drama club group shot, as one of the backstage hands.

"Fiction is only useful for what it tells us about reality. So try to tell some good stories."
backslash

Post by backslash »

I had two seniors!

Min-jae Parker
"Creativity is the greatest rebellion in existence." - Osho

In addition to his standard cap and gown picture, Min-jae has a half-page collage of photos. The pictures include him at a school art exhibition, standing with a painting that has been given some kind of award, a posed portrait sitting on the steps of one of Kingman's historic buildings, and one of him sitting between his parents at a family gathering. The dedication reads Love you with all our hearts, and we can't wait to see where you're going in the future. - Mom & Dad in both English and Korean.

Nathan Lovegrove
"I suppose it will all make sense when we grow up." - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

Nathan has his standard cap and gown picture, a group photo with the other ballet kids, and a few candid shots with his family and his dog. His page has well-wishes from his parents and sister.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

I had a senior, and a junior;

Arthur Bernstein:
"School. School never changes."

He also appears in a group photo with other members of the soccer team, posing in his uniform.

Lili Williams has a cameo in a half page group photo of the entire school band, towards the middle as part of the flute section. A message wishing the graduating seniors the best of luck accompanies the photo, and is signed from the school music department.
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

BB Gunnerson (listed as Barbara "BB" Gunnerson)

"You can always intellectualise something, but it will always have an emotional quality because music is not rational." - Stephen O'Malley, Sunn O)))

She's also pictured with the school choir, in a couple random candid shots around the school, as well as in any group shots featuring Peyote Coyote if there are any but go ask the other handlers about that because I fell way off the planning wagon and I really feel it's more a call for those who were actually in the version.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Bryony Adams
"Do you believe in destiny?" - Pyrrha Nikos
Aside from appearing in several crowd and group shots, Bryony has one photo of note, showing her caught midway through looking up from her DS, a look of surprise on her face.

Astrid Tate
"All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness." - Siddhārtha Gautama Buddha
Astrid appears in several group shots, and is either scowling or folding her arms in every single one of them, with one exception; a crowd shot where she can be seen laughing at something Penelope Fitzgerald has said, to the left hand side of the photo.

Mia Rose
"Nah, she'll never make it as a swimmer. Look at her, she's way too scrawny." - Coach Pugh
Mia has a half-page spread showing off the many sports she's participated in, as well as several photos of her holding medals and trophies. She also appears in a photo with the rest of the cheer squad, and one showing the aftermath of a BMX pileup, which features her legs tangled up with the frame of her bike.
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Here’s some from my kids, plus Darius (Perm granted from RC)

Jonathan Gully: I don’t really know what’s next after school, but I’m not worried. I’ll pull through somehow, it’s what I always did.

Michael Crowe: Say another word about my hair again, and I’ll scissor kick you in the stomach with cinderblocks tied to my feet and give you Crohn’s Disease.

Darius Van Dyke: "In the ninja world, those who break the rules are scum, that's true, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum." - Kakashi Hatake.

The three students appear in various miscellaneous shots on their own, but their most notable picture is a group shot from a Halloween party during junior year.

Michael Crowe is going as Jack Burton, wearing the Japan tank top and blue jeans combo, Jonathan Gully’s face is unseen due to wearing a gas mask and mining suit combo for his Harry Warden outfit, and finally Darius Van Dyke is going as Sans from Undertale, wearing face paint, a skeleton T-shirt and a blue puff jacket. From their body language, it looks like the former two are heckling Darius for his outfit.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Gentle push/reminder that with V7 starting soon there's just be a couple more days until I'll compile parts of this thread for my original purpose, though obvs this thread will remain open if you missed the boat but wanted to participate just for funsies.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Tyler Yazzie: "With strong hearts full, our souls ignite." - Blue Lantern Corps.

Ty can be seen in many pictures of the wrestling team, as well as in the background of school functions with his girlfriend Bernadette Thomas.

Abigail Floyd: "Why blame the dark for being dark? It is far more helpful to ask why the light isn’t as bright as it could be." - Rob Bell

Abby is most prominent in photos of the school's volunteer and community outreach efforts.

Caedyn Miller: "love the life you live. live the life you love." - Bob Marley

Caedyn's inconsistent interests and hunger for attention leave a little of her through many sections of the yearbook, but she is most in focus in photos of the drama club.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Jennifer Wallace: “Your education is a dress rehearsal for a life that is yours to lead.”
—Nora Ephron

Jennifer is wearing a dark red, vintage blouse in her yearbook photo. Hair and makeup are the same; hair’s down, red lipstick and cat eye for makeup.

She appears several times elsewhere throughout the yearbook, including a page on the school newspaper where there’s a photo of her working on a school computer typing something up, another on the Writing Club where she’s seen in the middle of what appears to be a group critique, and a half page that mainly displays photography she’d taken over the years. Some examples are a picture of a notebook and a coffee cup, a hiking trail in Kingman at sunset, and a Route 66 sign.

Emma Luz: “Don’t Luz your head. We know there’s a lot of us.”

Emma is wearing a yellow t-shirt in her photo, with a red ribbon holding her ponytail visible.

Emma appears elsewhere several times. One of the photos is her smiling at the camera wearing a witch costume at what appears to be a Halloween themed event; the shot has her behind a table with various baked goods and decorations on display, implying that it’s a bake sale or otherwise an event where food is offered. Another is her sitting at a piano as if at a rehearsal. Another photo features her at a different event; it appears to be a Spirit Week event themed around pajamas, and Emma is wearing a black tank top and light pink pajama pants with an emoji-themed pattern. On her half-page is a collage of photographs from when she was growing up, including a shot of her cooking with her family when she was in elementary, a baby pic, another shot of her at a piano performance, and a pic of her doing her speech for student council elections for Senior Year. A graphic reading “You Won’t Lose When You Vote Luz!” can be seen just to the side of the last photo. Other Luzes may appear, and Emma may appear in other Luzes’; ask their handlers.

Additionally, Emma has a message in the section for Student Council:
“Hello, class of 2015! I say with great honor and appreciation that the past four years have been extraordinary. We’ve seen our ups, we’ve seen our downs, but in the end, we’ve pulled through. I am happy to call Cochise High School my school and to have dedicated my time as Student Council President. I loved seeing all of us grow and change over the years. See you at the reunion, and I hope life’s great for all of us!

Sincerely,
Emma Luz, Senior President”

Junko Kurosawa: Because Junko was not a Senior, she does not have a photo. However, she does make select cameos in a few shots. She can be seen standing in a group shot for the track team in uniform, as well as a shot of her arm in a photograph of a Cooking Class. Another cameo has her in the background of a shot of the Anime Club during a meeting, putting her chin on her hand as if in boredom; judging by the body language of others in the shot, they appear to be watching something just offscreen.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Cameron Herrig
"Speak with your own voice and be as unique as you possibly can." - John Baizley, Baroness

Cameron is also featured in a set of group shots of Peyote Coyote performing, which have her in full body paint.

Travis Lynch
"The danger is not to set your goal too high and fail to reach it. It’s to set your goal too low and reach it" - Georges St-Pierre

Kimiko Kao
"Even champions make mistakes -- there is no one who doesn't." - Taiwanese proverb

Kimiko also has a half-page in the back showing her competing in gymnastics and pictured with medals and trophies.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Cass Prince
"Let the fact that I have nothing to say live on in perpetuity, I guess."

They have no club memberships, and only appear in the background of various group shots. In the one photo where they and their friends are in focus, Cass looks vaguely uncomfortable.

Asha Sur
"Ahahahahahahahaha! Ha! Hahaha! Haaaaaa."

Asha can be seem most prominently with the ballerinas, grinning widely. She appears often with various groups of people, striking various silly poses in the pictures where she noticed the camera in time.
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Jeremy Frasier
"Can't think of anything witty or inspirational right now so consider this quote a placeholder. I'll fill it in later, I promise."

Like Cass, he has no club memberships, and only appears in other select group shots. He typically looks comfortable, although always stands behind other people and never smiles with his teeth.

Alvaro Vacanti
"Heya! Don't forget to come down to Vacanti's, down at [pretend the address is here, Jilly]!"

He appears near the centre of the soccer team photoshoot, being the captain, and also has a half page with him doing stuff at his family's cafe.

Jasmine V1 was a junior and as thus only appears in the background of a few photoshoots.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — The Cryptid — "Don't... talk to me..."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — The Burnout — "I DO TWO THINGS I RAP AND FUCK"

Return to “Roleplaying Discussion”