Ross Miller's Snapchat and Instagram Inbox

Open to all, participation encouraged

Various areas in the city of Washington, D.C. outside the hotel and the National Mall. Any trip threads not taking place in either of those areas go here.
Cactus

Ross Miller's Snapchat and Instagram Inbox

Post by Cactus »

Background: Ross Miller is a senior at George Hunter High School. Ross is relatively well-known by the student body, but isn't necessarily popular. He's invited to most parties and is usually around, but is more of a wallflower than a part of any particular group. He was originally slated to come on the DC trip, to room with Johnny Ruiz, Jackson Sullivan and Gervais Lambotte. He's been rather excited about it since it was announced, and talked his girlfriend, Ariana Moretti, into coming so that they could have some time to tour the city and have fun before the end of the year.

Unfortunately for Ross, he sustained a serious shoulder injury the evening before the senior trip during a summer rec league hockey game, and is unable to come. His girlfriend has gone on the trip anyway, at his urging.

To try and make her injured boyfriend feel better, Ariana has promised to send him numerous messages, photos, videos, and text messages to make him feel as though he is on the trip with them. She has been asking friends, acquaintances, and anyone that she believes might be on good terms with him to send him a Snapchat or an Instagram message in the hopes that he'll feel as though his presence is missed.

So if you know him or Ariana - or heck, even if you don't and just feel magnanimous - please feel free to leave a message.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Ariana Moretti
New Snap
Friday, June 1, 2018

The video opens up to the face of Ariana Moretti, talking into the front camera of her phone. She is sitting on the bus, the idling of the engine audible in the background.

"Hey babe... I know you're probably still hopped up on drugs right now," she shakes her head with a frown, "but just know that the only reason I'm doing this is because you asked me to. I wish you were here."

Ariana looks up at someone out-of-frame and shakes her head.

"Nope, nobody yet. By all means!" She turns back to the camera. "I'll snap you once we're on the way. Love ya!" She winks, and the video ends.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Morgan THE DRAGONNNNNN
New Snap
Friday, June 1, 2018

The visual opens to a face looking into the camera, obviously distorted by a Snapchat filter that exaggerates the features of the eyes, and rolls cartoon eyes around from side to side. The person in the video opens and closes their mouth a few times. They are seated in a seat in a coach bus, and audible conversation and music is heard in the background. The person opens and closes their mouth a few more times, then glances down and turns the filter off.

"ROSS! Dude. What's this I hear about you not coming? Your girlfriend said you went and broke your shoulder? Who breaks their shoulder!" Features now visible, the face belongs to Morgan Dragosavich. "That sucks though, man. Henry'll be devastated that he doesn't have anyone to talk Star Trek to."

Morgan looks to his left to someone off-screen.

"Say hey to Ross, Mike! C'moooooon, say it! SAY IT!"

The person off-screen does not say anything, and Morgan rolls his eyes as the video ends.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Morgan THE DRAGONNNNNN
New Snap
Friday, June 1, 2018

The snapchat is a still. In the image, Michael Froese sits in the seat of a bus, holding his hand up to the camera, obviously not wanting his picture taken. A captain in bold lettering near the bottom reads: "MIKE REALLY DOES SAY HI, HE'S JUST CAMERA SHYYYYYYYY :P :P". The image is visible for ten seconds before it disappears.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Ariana Moretti
New Snap
Friday, June 1, 2018

The video is simple; only a view from the window of a bus as it drives along the highway towards Washington DC. Out the window, a picturesque landscape is visible as the bus drives by a large stretch of farmland. There is only the background chatter of students on the bus as audio. Four seconds in to the video, it zooms in to focus on some cows grazing in the field. There is a caption at the bottom of the video, that is simply two cow emoji with some exclamation marks. After ten seconds, the video ends.
Endellion

Post by Endellion »

Blanc
New Snap
Friday, June 2, 2018

The video is a short one; thirty seconds of a panning view of some of the scenery of Washington DC, evidently taken looking out of a window several floors above the ground. The monument can, of course, be seen on the horizon. The person recording can be heard talking over the background noise that fills the video, consisting mostly of cars passing by below and other students caught up in their own business.

"So I overheard that Ariana was looking for people to send things your way, seeing as you couldn't make it. I figured I might as well help out a little. Something tells me you'll be sick and tired of this place by the time we're all back home." Julien turns the phone around to face him, at which point the video ends.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Morgan THE DRAGONNNNNN
New Snap
Saturday, June 2, 2018

The video is at the Lincoln Memorial, the statue is in view. It suddenly zooms in and out several times, finally zooming in on Abraham Lincoln's face - a snapchat filter is put on and the statue suddenly has ears. Laughter can be heard in the background as the video cuts out.
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Free Bert
New Snap
Saturday, June 2, 2018

The video is from the window of the hotel in the early morning, looking down on the street below. In the background, the song "Despacito" can be heard being played loudly on a Bluetooth Speaker, with the faint hint of a student singing along off-key in the background. The sound is muffled due to the source of the music being the next room over.
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Abel Zelenovic
New Snap
Friday, June 8th 2018

A still photo with a caption. Various pistols and revolvers are lined up behind glass on the wall as far as the eye can see. On the floor is the body of Faith Mackenzie-Marshal lying down with her arms crossing over her chest as if she was in a funeral casket.

The caption reads: "when the colt exhibit so 🔥🔥 you straight up die 😂😂😂😂😂"
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

((From Life Finds a Way))

Bree Jones
New Snap
Saturday, June 2nd 2018

A still photo of Henry, the eleven-ton elephant display sitting in the entry rotunda of Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History.
Caption: "🐘"
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

DJ_TAIPAN
New Snap
Friday, June 1st 2018

"-don't think the video's working I can't see the-"
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Morgan THE DRAGONNNNNN
New Snap
Tuesday, June 5, 2018

The visual opens on a teenage-boy, who is clearly wearing wet clothes with mildly damp hair. He is indoors in what seems to be a hotel hallway. He looks pensive, and is basically whispering.

"Dude. I fell in a fountain. Totally soaked, from head to toe." The boy's pensive look turns to a smirk, though it is evident that the smirk is a bit of a put-on. ""But I did the thing. I kissed her. That's how I fell in. So here's hoping tha-"

A faint female voice interrupts him from off-screen.

"Morgan? You still out there?"

The boy's eyes go somewhere off-screen, looking at something that isn't visible to the viewer.

""Uh, yeah! I'm still here. Just drying out."

The voice replies a moment later with something that's inaudible to the camera microphone. The boy exhales with nervous energy, and nods at whatever he's looking at off-screen.

"Okay, be right in!"

The boy looks back at the phone for a split-second before the video ends.
Endellion

Post by Endellion »

Blanc
New Snap
Tuesday, June 5th 2018

The recording opens with the phone being moved in such a way as to show the breadth of the room, while the person filming looks out at the great hall of the Thomas Jefferson building from the balcony on the second floor.

Even from the vantage point, the full scope of the hall is quite clearly apparent, all marble, stained glass and art.

"Reminds me of France... I really hope I've done it justice."

The phone turns, camera now facing Julien. He's without his glasses, unlike the last video sent. A mousy young woman with a haphazard braid and dark brown eyes framed by a pair of round glasses can be seen looking out from next to him.

The recording ends.
Espi

Post by Espi »

Johnny Silva Ruiz
New Snap
Friday, June 1st 2018

The picture is hard to make out, but it appears to be a photo of the skyline of Washington DC, taken through a window. It's darker outside than inside, but it's passable.

Caption: "this is gonna suck without you. getting hurt sucks tho hope it isnt too bad"
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Ariana Moretti
Saturday, June 2nd 2018
New Snap

The video is of the inside of a museum, and there are several very large displays that contain many different styles and types of lunchboxes used over the course of American history. The video pans around a few of them slowly, and goes on for almost two minutes like this. At the very bottom of the video, there is a caption which reads: "But whyyyyyyy?" After two minutes, the video ends.

Return to “Around The City”