Paradise is Nowhere

Day 5, Private

Once one emerges from the thickets of the lower wilderness, they will finally lay their eyes on the beach. The beach is formed from beautiful golden sands and still provides a scenic view to this day as waves delicately lap at the shore. At the top and center of the sand is a fenced off area made up of wooden decking and carpet that features elaborately carved wooden chairs that at one point in time sat proudly under umbrellas. Now, though, many of them have been knocked over by the winds of the island. The other noticeable feature of the beach is a large amount of washed-up shoes that have been brought in by the tide.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco’s vision was blurry and his taste was filled with iron. He heard the chainsaw revving behind him, and his last coherent thought was that this was over with, that Colin had won out in the end. As he was coming to again, he realized that he wasn’t dead, nor dying yet. He heard distant voices and felt a weight leave his back.

Marco had realized that Adonis jumped in. Marco told him not to, but he did anyways. This was supposed to be against him and Colin alone. This was his way of showing he had honor, and integrity despite being a killer. This was his way of showing he was better, that he wasn’t a hypocrite, that he was the real shit, the real deal. Adonis blew it by jumping in, he made Marco look just like another killer. Marco was only angry for a second until he saw Colin beating the daylights out of him.

Adonis had just saved his life. Adonis had saved him while Marco was trying to prove a point that’d go right over all the plebeians and philistines of society anyways. A point that would’ve gotten him killed.

Marco began to get up off the ground. They wouldn’t have seen him as different, they wouldn’t have understood his reasonings, or even tried to guess why, even when he spelled it out in front of them so many times. They’d just sit back on their high horse, ‘I wouldn’t kill if I was there’, ‘I’d make an escape plan and get everyone out’, ‘I’d go home with no kills’. Fucking hypocrites. Marco began limping to Colin.

Nah, you know what, he’s here on the island. Not them. This shit is his choices, not theirs. In their eyes, he wasn’t a warrior, he was a butcher, a ‘murderer’. He didn’t do it for his pain, he did it for theirs. It wasn’t a triumph when he wins, only the other side gets to call it an accomplishment. “Get the fuck off of him.” He said, as he wrapped his arm around Colin’s neck.

So you know what? Fuck them. Everyone else has help, why wasn’t he allowed it? Why was it only fair when the handicap was against him? Hell, this whole thing started because people ganged up on him, why couldn’t he do the same?

“Turn your fucking back on me, huh? I’ll break your fucking neck for that!”
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Pain.

Everything was hurting in his facial area and he knew that being a fighter was not his style. Adonis was supposed to be a strong person and he had failed at being just that for people that he thought that cared. He had saved Camila and Michael had just taken her out just like that not that long afterwards. He had other people that he thought he could have helped but now he didn't know if they would want him to be near them and he had never.... Regina would be disappointed in him for helping Marco, wouldn't she?

He was bleeding from his mouth as his lips were busted from the brutal punches and he was sure that his nose was broken as well. No, it was definitely broken. He felt blood running out of his nose slowly and he was raising his arms to block himself from the continuing punches. He hoped that Marco was alright and he just wished that the beatdown would stop. He was not used to getting hit by other people and he rather not go through it again.

The punches did not come.

Adonis lowered his arms and he noticed that Marco was getting himself involved again. Adonis felt a sudden laugh coming out of his mouth and he splat some droplets of blood onto his shirt, feeling a bit woozy and slightly dizzy.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

The hero’s punches were only halted as he felt an arm wrap forcefully around his neck.

Volker was spouting more bullshit, maybe some more crap about how he “was the apocalypse” or some other hopped up nonsense. It didn’t matter much, Colin wasn’t listening to the words anymore.

He understood these two well enough and more importantly he knew himself. Colin was right and Volker and Adonis were an active danger to everyone else on the island and needed to be put down.

As Colin tried to rise to his feet once more and free himself from psychofuck’s grip, he felt a sharp pain in the leg that Volker had injured earlier and found he couldn’t continue the motion.

Needing another option and feeling his supply of air getting cut off, the hero needed to move quickly. Grabbing Volker’s arm and forcefully shifting his weight, Colin managed to toss Volker off of him, but he never released his grip.

Not missing a step as Volker collided with the sand once more, Colin moved to press his other had forcefully against psychofuck’s shoulder and positioned himself over Volker as he began to wrench forcefully on the arm.

There was no need for further words or talking, and all that escaped Colin’s lips were grunts and growls as he kept applying more and more pressure, until he felt something give.
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Kruk.

At first Marco felt nothing. He’d just heard the noise then time stood still. He stared at the sky and at Colin’s face in the corner of his peripheral. Blankly he turned to look at his arm in Colin’s hand. He expected something more. For getting his shoulder dislocated he figured it would hurt a lot mo-

Marco could practically hear his nerves buzzing as if Kenshiro had poked one of his pressure points. Was it the worst thing he’d ever felt in his entire life? No, that would’ve been getting his pupil melted closed. Was this pretty close? Yes. Very much yes.

For some time, and for the near foreseeable future, Marco was in pain and would be in pain. There was so much of it that it overlapped his frayed sensations and rewired nerves, and pain was once again, pain.

Marco screamed.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis needed a while to get his senses back and he felt his laughter die away pretty quickly. He had no idea why he had laughed in the first place and he wondered if he was already losing it a little. Maybe he had already since he had this weird obsession with Marco and he knew that it didn't matter anymore. He and Marco were both murderers. Accident or not with Tristan. He couldn't turn back to a better path and he had to step into the darker side more if he wanted to protect the only person he cared about in this moment.

As he sat up slowly with a lowly groan and he was trying to wipe the blood off of his face with the back of his trembling hand; he heard the scream escaping from Marco's mouth. He felt himself not thinking straight in that moment and all he wanted to do was to get rid of the threat that was hurting Marco. He reached out for the first thing that he saw and he stared at the broken makeshift spear that he was crutching in his bloody hand. It would have to do.

I'll kill him....

Adonis shifted behind Colin as he was busy with the screaming Marco and he wrapped his free arm around Colin's neck, feeling the collar against his own skin. He didn't care about that as all he could think about was Marco and he had to take out the so-called hero. He held the tip of the spear against Colin's temple and he let out an growling sound that was almost animal-like.

"Let.... him.... go.... NOW!"
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Hands, arms were on him again. For the third time, triumph was interrupted with farcical rescue.

Colin let out a growl of his own as he dropped Volker’s arm and attempted to thrust his elbow back into Adonis’s body even with some connection, the fucker’s arms didn’t give. Now he felt the sharp wooden tip of his own spear against his head.

With an unintelligible howl, Colin swung his elbow back once more as he attempted to bite down on one of Adonis’s arms. The hero no longer cared how the fight was to be ended, only that he could manage to fucking end it.

This had gone on long enough, drifting back and forth. Colin was proven his combat superiority as well as his moral high ground and now the inevitable was just being dragged out. Were these shitbrains to stupid to know this already?
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco rolled over as Colin lost his grip on him. He grasped at his shoulder, his screams warping into grunts as he actually applied pressure to the pain. He felt himself curl up and wrap around himself as the pain throbbed through his nerves. He rolled over to his front, and curled his knees under him, grasping at his arm as he wrapped his body around it.

Each pulse of pain ebbed away, and a familiar sensation was returning. It hurt, it hurt, it hurt so bad; but it hurt less and less. He began to feel shivers run down his spine as cold chills formed under his skin. He felt the pain change, he felt his body numb once again. He felt energy. He felt alive. This wasn’t over yet. This could go either way. The anticipation was killing him.

To be so close to death again, to be kicked and beaten, to be at someone else’s mercy, at the bottom of the mountain, he’d almost forgotten what it felt like, he would have savored it if he had the time.

This was what he was looking for! The stakes were never higher, the pain never sharper. The idea that he could lose it all, right here, right now, sent waves of exhilaration through Marco’s body. He began to crawl towards his chainsaw, letting his arm dangle under him and drag along the dirt. It hurt, it hurt in all the right places. He growled and sneered through the pain fighting it as he drug himself forward. The thought of obtaining victory through certain defeat pushed him forward.

That wasn’t all. He drug Adonis into this. Sure, Adonis jumped in, but had he not brought him along, Adonis wouldn’t have been roped into it in the first place. Even if Adonis wasn’t involved, Marco knew Colin would come for him next. He’d also killed after all. It was one thing for Marco to die by Colin’s hand, but he’d be damned if he let Adonis fall too. He wasn’t like Arjen, Jackson, Henry, or Valter. He wasn’t some impotent coward who’d let his friends die to save his own skin.

Marco grasped the ripcord of his chainsaw, and stood up. He yanked back, and the chainsaw roared as it jumped from the ground into his hand. He turned to the two quarreling. Adonis wouldn’t last much longer. Marco sprinted forward. The pain gave him motivation, the danger of losing a friend, his only friend, gave him urgency. “Adonis, look out!” He shouted as he planted his foot, spun, and swung with all his might.

A black metallic ring, splattered in blood, rolled through the sand, then clattered to it’s side.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

By whatever means, the hero felt Adonis’s grip weaken. With another elbow flung thrust backwards, he had begun to pull away, only for his eyes to catch Volker charging at him with a chainsaw shouting something.

Colin seemed to discover words again in that moment as he tried to break away, to dodge.

“No! You don’t win here, you motherfuck-!”

At the last moment, Adonis seemed to find his strength and his grip held firm.

Colin McCabe’s dodge turned out just a bit short. His final howl of defiance cut off as Volker’s chainsaw ripped through his neck.

B079, Colin McCabe: DECEASED
96 Students Remain
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis had taken the elbows to the stomach as much as he could have done and he had felt some teeth biting into the flesh of his arm. He felt everything was drifting in and out of his mind. Everything was getting muffled as he felt like his ears were ringing for no reason and he could taste more metallic blood in his mouth, feeling more queasy from everything that was happening.

He heard Marco's voice. He heard the chainsaw once again. He moved his arm holding the spear tip to his side. He still had a grip on Colin with his other hand to not let him get away. Adonis had closed his eyes in the process. He heard Colin's disgruntled voice and his animalistic howl. He felt some warm splatter onto his face and shirt. He heard something landing in the sand. He couldn't... fucking breathe.

Adonis dared to open his eyes.

He was still holding onto Colin's body and he was missing his head. Adonis felt himself let out a small noise of disgust and he let go of the body quickly. But the headless body slumped over onto his legs and Adonis couldn't stop himself from staring at it blankly.

Then he felt a giggle bubble up in his throat and he started to howl with laughter, not even knowing why he was suddenly laughing at a headless corpse.
[+] V7
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

A second later, Marco saw the full damage he’s done to Colin. The most glaring anomaly was that he had no head. Sure, a chainsaw to the neck would do that, but damn he didn’t expect it to be that fast. Marco followed the blood trail to the remaining piece of Colin. Staring at nothing in particular, lips twisted into a curse, face frozen mid sentence...

Well shit, he didn’t feel a thing! That was as clean and painless as anyone could have done. Colin died before he even realized it! He saw his chainsaw coming right for him, and he was out before he even felt anything! That takes talent right there! One armed too! That was humane as fuck, as merciful as you can get! That was the perfect beheadding, goddamn! Damn shame that Colin had to leave this early, but wow, what a way to go!

Marco thumbed the choke and turned his saw off. He closed his eyes and breathed. Fuck, that was satisfying. Marco took pride in that. Sure, it was grisly looking, but in terms of actually going out like that, you couldn’t ask for anything faster or more painless.

Marco sighed in relief, as the adrenaline and warriors high faded away, leaving him numb and warm. He was one hundred and ten percent zen, this singular second lasting a lifetime as all light and sound drifted away into a blur. He dropped his chainsaw and let the sun beam down on him.

That zen was broken by laughing. That perfect numb darkness faded away into light and sudden aches forming as Marco turned his head to look at Adonis. What in the fuck was so funny? What had Adonis all hopped up?

Marco realized that it probably wasn’t every day you see someone get decapitated in front of you, even if they were trying to kill you. Hell, it wasn’t an every day thing that people were trying to kill you until about a week ago. Adonis had killed, but he certainly wasn’t used to it yet.

Marco turned to walk towards Adonis and- oh shit he was really starting to feel everything now- and called out to him. “Hey, Adonis, you okay?” Truthfully it was the dumbest question he’s probably ever asked, but give him a break. He’s not exactly an expert at the whole being nice to people thing, now is he?
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis felt his laughing dying down as he heard Marco's voice and he wanted to say that that everything was totally fine. He wasn't laughing like a maniac over a headless corpse because he had no idea how he was supposed to react to someone dying so sudden in front of him like that and that maybe Marco was making him lose his sanity a little in his presence. He really hoped that he wasn't that broken already and that he was just scaring himself with how scared he was on the island. He didn't want to feel broken.

But I am broken, aren't I?

He reached down and he gently moved Colin's upper body off of his legs, glancing down at the blood on his hands for a few moments. "I.... Not really...? But thank you for asking, Marco...." He said in a quiet tone and he glanced up at Marco, feeling a genuine smile formed onto his bloody face. "...There-There really are no more good people here...?"

He felt completely lost. But he had felt glad to be able to protect Marco for as long as he could and then he remembered what Marco had said to him before the fight between him and Colin. Adonis always had to barge in even if the other person had told him not to and he felt kind of bad about it. But Colin had almost killed Marco and he didn't regret disobeying what Marco had told him to do. However....

"I'm sorry for cutting in on the fight like that, Marco. But I...." Adonis went silent as he still had a helpless look on his face and he was still looking at Marco with a warm smile that he hoped wasn't too weird. Smiling with blood on your face is a creepy thing, Adonis. "I couldn't let him kill you. I didn't want to lose you like that. So I.... I had to stop him!"
[+] V7
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Adonis wasn’t doing so great, Marco could tell, even before he said so. Adonis brought back up what Marco was originally saying, with there being nobody good left. “Yeah, basically. We kinda killed the last one just now...” Marco looked at Colin’s frozen face. He wasn’t even staring at him; just looking off into the trees, more proof he didn’t even feel it.

“Don’t apologize.” He glanced back up at Adonis. “You got nothing to apologize for.” He said as he stepped closer. “I was the one who fucked up, I almost died for a dick measuring contest. You literally saved my life, you shouldn’t be sorry at all.” Marco laughed, and put his hand on Adonis’ shoulder. “That’s what; two for two I owe you?”

“Besides, you saw what he was capable of. If he killed one of us, he’d have killed both of us. You did the smart thing too, you defended yourself, you defended us. He had to die for us both to live. That’s something people back home don’t understand, that’s something people here don’t understand.”

Marco smiled and put his hand on Adonis’ face. “That’s why I hate ‘good’ people. They’re hypocrites and cowards. They’ll let you, or one of their friends get stabbed to death in front of them, all for morals. They want to hold that ‘not a killer’ bullshit high horse so bad, that they’ll sell you out and watch you die so they can call themselves good, and pat themselves on the back for a job well done. They’ll let you die so they can say they have the moral high ground, so they can say they ‘deserved’ it when they made it home.” What was funny was that just a few feet behind Adonis, Marco saw an old friend whom he’d almost forgot about. Case in point right there. Marco didn’t even need to say his name.

Marco used his thumb to wipe away blood from Adonis’ cheek. “But not you. You get it. You understand. Even if everyone back home tries to put their wrong-think into your head, you won’t listen to them, because in the end, you know you’re right. You’re not a good person, but after everything you’ve seen, everything I’ve seen, do you really want to be?”
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis felt like he understood what Marco was saying to him in a way because they were all flawed people and that no one was truly good. They just all think that they are and no one says otherwise. He wanted Myles to yell at him for what he had done to Tristan and he knew that he would have deserved it if Myles had stabbed him with the knife for revenge. Adonis knew he had wanted to do something for Regina and he had taken a step in the wrong direction. Would she ever forgive him...? Would Myles ever forgive him for leaving him with Ivy? If he and Myles met again.... Adonis didn't want to hurt him again but.... but....

"Haha...." Adonis didn't mean to laugh again and he tried to change it to clearing his throat a little, feeling like he was on a new high. "I always thought that I was honestly a good person. I thought that I wanted to be better than most people on this island. But whenever I tried to do something good, it just gets thrown back in my face and then I'm told to be quiet like I'm some stupid little puppy who shouldn't do anything but follow that person around blindly."

He stopped speaking for a few moments. He then moved one of his bloody hands up to lightly touch Marco's hand that was touching his own skin and a small sigh of relief came rattling out of his mouth.

Sorry, Regina. I should have been better. Forgive me for this new me.

"....I don't want to be good anymore." Adonis said honestly as his face looked more serious and he wasn't going to pretend that he was the same naïve, friendly, flirty guy anymore. "....Just let me make my own stupid mistakes if I want to. Okay? You don't have to let me be a lapdog like I was with.... Myles. I want to be as free as I can be. I want to have fun with you, Marco."

What the heck was he saying? He really was rambling on about some nonsense, wasn't he?
[+] V7
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco felt more and more disgusted the more he heard Adonis speak. He was not mad at Adonis. He was mad at the shit Myles put him through. Turning him into a yes man like that, the motherfucker. Had Marco not shown up when he did, Myles would’ve used Adonis as a free ride to the end, then discarded him when he had nothing to give. That infuriated Marco. He wanted to go back there and kill him for that. Myles was another Arjen, another Emmett...

He looked up at Adonis as he touched his face. “Adonis, I’d never use you like that. Myles abused your potential, he never cared about you. You’ve killed once already, and he’d have you kill again so he wouldn’t need to, the weakling. I don’t think he’d fight with you, like I have. He’d run away and leave you there.”

Marco wrapped his arm around Adonis into a hug. Marco just realized that was the first time he’d ever hugged anyone besides his parents. “I’d never make you do anything I wouldn’t do myself, I’d never force you to do anything you couldn’t yourself. If there’s something you couldn’t do, I will help you, and I will never ever make you do anything you don’t want to do. You want freedom, you’ve got it with me. We’re living in the age of Anarchy, Adonis.”

Marco pushed back so he could look Adonis in the eyes. “It’s the apocalypse, Adonis. The rapture has came by and taken all the good away. Anyone who would’ve made a difference for the better has died by now. All that remains is the lost and damned. The creeps, the cowards, the psychos, that’s all who’s left. But not us. We’re the marauders, the warriors. Renegades. Our only sin is that we fight back; and that we win when we fight.”

Marco smiled. “Neither of us have to feel alone anymore. We may as well go all the way, and take it to the end together. At least one of us has an actual good chance of winning if we work together! But hey, if we don’t, then at least we’d have had fun on the way to hell, right?”
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Would Myles had really made him hurt someone else so that he could get ahead? Adonis honestly didn't know and he didn't want to find out if it was the truth or not. Myles didn't need him right now and he wasn't planning on going back to him any time soon. But if they did run into each other again.... Adonis was still struggling to think of what he would do with Myles. He still felt something for Myles and he wasn't going to tell Marco that. He couldn't. He wouldn't.

The hug that Marco had given him had almost made him cry and he blinks several times to stop himself from crying. He didn't want to feel weak in front of Marco anymore and he wanted to look and feel more lively than he had been before everything with Colin. "Together.... Yes, I like that. I want us to have fun until the very end. We can do whatever we want together. No one can tell us what to do anymore and I can't wait." He said with a small giggle of excitement and he felt like his spirits were getting lifted up by the thought of getting rid of people that deserved it. "If we find Emmett at all; let me take care of him. He's more personal for me...."

Getting rid of Emmett would be the best medicine for me, huh? Well, I'll make sure to make him suffer a little....
[+] V7

Return to “The Beach”