Pool Puns-n-Harmony

Pool party around noon during the midweek; Open

The hotel where the senior students are housed for the week of their trip. Students are housed three or four to a room, and rooms are divided by gender. The students have full access to the hotel's facilities, pool, and recreation areas during the day, but there is a strict nighttime curfew, and everyone must be in their rooms by 10 PM each night.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Oh, good, Matthew wasn't too mad. Abel listened closer this time.

"Favorite part?" he repeated the question to himself, taking a moment to stew on it. He looked over at the pool, watching all the hullabaloo. Adonis looked like he was having fun, so today's mission seemed like a success. But where the hell was Jonah?

Oh, right, Matt's question. "We checked out the White House yesterday; that was kinda cool. There's an NRA museum Faith and me are gonna hit up the day before we leave, looking forward to that. That's about it, heh."

Someone else entered the pool and set up shop a little farther away. Jeff. Swiftball. Abel squirmed. Oh God, #swiftball. What little Abel remembered was convincing enough to swear off drinking for the next 50 years.

Someone else snuck up on him and Matthew. Abel turned around just in time to catch Jonah winking and smiling at him. "Man, there he is. Where'd you go, dude?"
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

As she looked around to let the racers pass by, her eyes wandered around the pool area. Behind the blue plastic slide, she spotted a depression in the floor and it immediately rang a bell. Since she wasn't in the way anymore, her feet made wet noises as she walked on the ceramic.

Now past the plastic slide, the depression revealed a jacuzzi that laid there. Angie looked behind her shoulders, and then back to the hidden pool below her. She headed down, grabbing the handle on the side.

She put her feet in. The water was warm pleasant. She smiled. Her legs made splashes around then she dipped in. The water reached her waist. Angie lowered her right arm in the water, searching for a seat. On the left, she found the plastic bench.

((She sat there for a while before going back to her room.))
Super Weegee

Post by Super Weegee »

"The NRA museum?" Matthew said, "Isn't that basically the gun museum? I was planning on going to it at some point, but I keep dicking around. Maybe I can come with you if I have time?"

It was then that he heard someone sit on one of the chairs and turned his head to look. Apparently, his name was...Geoff? Jose? No, he remembered now, it was Jeff. He didn't know him all that much, but from what he heard, he had quite the stick up his ass and isn't exactly the kind of guy to hold a nice conversation with.

He couldn't stop himself from rolling his eyes at him before turning back towards Abel, who seemed to be talking to Jonah. He waved at the pair before walking towards the jacuzzi where Angie was.

As he put his feet in, he felt like he was forgetting something. That thought quickly melted away as he sank his body into the water until it reached his chest. There, he closed his eyes and enjoyed the feeling of warmth around his body.

((Matthew Hunt continued elsewhere))
V8 Relationships Thread
Brook Peterson
Lula Gray
[+] V7
V7 Appearance Tracker
ImageMatthew Hunt drawn by Ryuki and Kotorikun - Profile
Memories: 1 2
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
Trip: 1 2
V7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Image Blake Davis - Profile - "...You knew..."
Memories: 1
Prom: 1
V7: 1 2 3 4
Any thoughts or criticisms on my writing are welcome and appreciated! Feel free to message me on Discord.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis turned to look back at Marco and he felt himself feeling more happier, pushing some of his wet hair out of his face. It felt better to not think about Emmett in such a gloomy manner and all that he could focus on was the guys who were trying their best to cheer him up. It wasn't like he was forcing himself to pretend to be happy for Marco and the others. He was still hurting from the recent break-up because it was officially over. But maybe it was for the better. He was starting to slowly accept that Emmett had fallen out of love for him and he knew that his flirty nature had not helped with matters. Adonis should have keep his flirting under wraps. He should have realized that he had hurt Emmett as much as he had hurt him. He really had been a fool to not see that something had been wrong. It was too late to go back now. Emmett was now just the ex-boyfriend and he couldn't stop Emmett from loving someone else.

"Ha, ha. Thanks, Marco. Really, I mean it." Adonis said honestly as he floated towards him slowly and he had a more mischievous smile. He wanted to play around with Marco more. He felt like Marco could use more of a laugh as well. "And now for your attempt of cheating, you will now receive a punishment...!"

Adonis then did the most childish thing that he had ever done. He splashed some water into Marco's face with a big grin expressed on his face.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco’s head reeled back like his vampire ass had been splashed with holy water, gasping and sputtering. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIII! WATER IN MY NOSE WATER IN MY NOSE ADONIS YOU MOFO, YOU HAVE INVADED MY SINUSES WITH CHLORINE! THIS CBRN WAR CRIME OF POOL PROPORTIONS WILL NOT STAND! I WILL TACTICALLY DEVASTATE YOU THROUGH FIRE AND MANEUVER WHILE FIRING IN CLOSE COMBAT YOU BASTARDO! UR DED KIDDO!!!i!!1!i1i!!

Okay in retrospect Marco probably deserved that, and honestly that was pretty funny, and Marco was glad Adonis was having fun, but POOL WATER UP HIS NOSE, HE HAS LITERAL XENOMORPH BLOOD IN HIS NOSTRILS RIGHT NOW AND IT HURT REALLY BADLY and Marco couldn’t let that stand. War has been declared.

“OOOOoooh! So we’re playing that game, huh?” Marco spoke, his voice proportionally more nasally than before. “Alright, bet!”

One does not start a water war with Marco and win. Adonis truly does not understand the horrors of war he has unleashed. Marco may as well have been a Navy Seal with all the aquatic ways he knew how to kill people in a pool.

Marco swam a pace back, as he was about to show Adonis his true power level. Marco had the powers of Satan and Anime on his side! “You done did it now, Adonis! You done goofed!”

The attack begins.

Marco began rapidly flailing his arms straight forward, his hands half in half out of the water’s surface sending rapid shockwaves of water upon Adonis’ direction.
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

Jeff was not aware of the shenanigans going on in the pool, absorbed as he was in reading. There was an article about emissions and the steps that automakers were taking to reduce them. Good stuff, very impactful. Made him wonder if he could be doing something for his own machine. Only so much he could for the engine. It was an older model and on his budget, he could only swap out parts, not replace the thing.

That’s about when a sudden surge of ice-cold water splashed him right in the shorts.

Someone was going to pay.

His first instinct was to jerk back, throwing his magazine away from the impact zone. This was a guess, but he figured the hotel staff wouldn’t appreciate their stuff getting wet, and he sure as heck wasn’t paying for a new copy.

Second was to rise up, slowly, deliberately, scanning for the one who’d incurred his wrath. Wasn’t hard. Couple of dumb kids, splashing each other in the water. Typical. You’d think they’d have matured out of this kind of crap, but Jeff just conceded that some people grow up slower than others.

He stalked over, catching a face full of water for his troubles, and shouted, “Hey! Watch it, you morons!” He stood by the water’s edge and crouched down so he could get a nice look at them. “‘Case you hadn’t noticed, some of us are trying to read.”
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Yeah, this was fun. There was no thinking to it, no rhyme or reason, it was just fun. Stupid, yes. Immature, yes. But fun? Very yes. So Marco and Adonis weren’t paying attention to their surroundings, sure. So they didn’t really care who they haphazardly sprayed with water, it’s a pool, people come to get wet. So when someone started getting all buttblasted telling them they couldn’t have fun, Marco was confused at first.

“Wuh-“

Morons? MORONS?!? Who does this guy think he is? The absolute nerve! Marco didn’t like Jeff, because let’s be real, the guy is a Squidward. He was a dickhead, he was boring, and worst of all pretentious! Case in point, who the fuck goes to a pool to READ!? Herp I don’t want to get wet so I’m going to lay down by water a derp. Marco really wanted to tell him off, he was going to, but- No. Bad drama. It’s not worth it. He remembered what happened at that shitty party. Talking doesn’t work, he remembered that shit with Ari and he knew he’d just be digging himself a ditch.

But... Marco knew what good drama was. He wouldn’t be digging himself a ditch because he was digging Jeff a ditch. Marco learned from Ariana that words were bad, actions were good. It was now his turn to apply it.

“Alright, sorry. Won’t happen again.” Marco lied. Sort of. He wasn’t going to splash Jeff again, sure. But he’d get him. He would. It’s fine. Marco will get his.

No he will.

“Just go back to reading, we’ll find something else to do. We won’t bother you anymore.” Marco spoke with as much sincerity he could fake. He side eyed Adonis. “Hey let’s go...”
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis was surprised to see someone - Jeff something - getting upset at them for doing what they should be doing at a swimming pool and he found himself frowning a little at Jeff's statement of trying to read. Even the most smartest bookworm knew that it would be a bad idea to sit near the pool to read one of their favorite books. Adonis didn't want to be a mean person, but honestly? Jeff was the true moron right now.

"Oh, uh.... We're sorry?" Adonis said with a kind smile on his face, feeling completely confused by how strange Jeff was acting. It made him suddenly think of Emmett and it annoyed him a little. He really did not like how high and mighty this guy thought he was and Adonis was sick and tired of other people thinking that he would take it laying down. "Please continue to enjoy your reading, Jeff. We can definitely do something else that is more fun."

He give Jeff a cheeky wink and then he noticed that Marco was trying to give him a signal of some kind. Adonis needed a few moments to realize what Marco wanted to do and then he let out a soft chuckle. Well, this was even going to blow up in their face or it would be a good laugh. Besides, Adonis needed something to let out his bottled-up feelings.

"You really are a terrible person, aren't you, Marco?" He whispered in Marco's ear with a smooth smile and he patted Marco's shoulder lightly, glancing back over to Jeff with curious eyes. "Jeff does need to take a chill pill honestly. Hm."
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

"Um, I wasn't feeling good," he responded, gently putting a hand on his stomach. "I hadn't eaten anything before leaving and I was in the back of the bus so I think I got a little car sick. All good now though," he said with a shrug, pulling out his phone and scrolling around.

In the pool, he glanced up in time to see the splash fight be halted by Jeff.

"They're just trying to have some fun," he said quietly enough for only Abel to hear. Jonah pulled his shirt up over his head, still staring at the phone as he did so. The shirt came off and ruffled his hair, making it messy and fluffier than usual.

"Marco's doing a good job of getting Adonis to cheer. You think there's something we can do to keep it going? Like, I'm trying to look on Yelp if there's any fun dinner places around here. Dave and Busters? Some place nicer?"

He clicked absently into texts to look for something and noticed a text up top from Arizona he hadn't seen before. It was from the day before. Jonah's entire face went red and his eyes went wide with shock.

Jonah chewed on his lip and quickly went to respond

Jonah Heartgrave wrote:
"I'm really sorry! Really, my phone bugged out and I didn't see this until now. No plans/plants right now, we went to see the White House, but otherwise whatever's good.

Jonah's thumb hovered hesitantly over the emoji choice list for a few seconds before ending the message with :angel:

"This is ok right? Kiss emoji would have been too much, right?" he said sticking the phone in Abel's face.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Abel waved back at Matthew as he walked away, and then listened to Jonah's excuse. Abel frowned, pausing for a moment before finding the words he was looking for. "...If you say so, man. It's okay to not push yourself if you aren't feeling... good..." His voice trailed off as he saw Jonah looking down at his own phone, probably not hearing anything Abel just said.

Abel just grumbled to himself, looking back down at his own phone. Maybe he could lay off the dad friend act a bit, himself. Just for today.

Another moment or two passed before Jonah said something again, alerting Abel to look up and out at the pool with Marco and Adonis in some sort of commotion with Jeff. Maybe they should help but... eh, they could take him. Marco probably knew to go for the shins, anyway.

"Nah, man, Dave & Buster's would be dope." Maybe it wasn't the classiest place, but who needed class when you had The House of the Dead?

Jonah turned red, eyes bulging as he burned his phone screen's keyboard with his thumbs. "Everything okay, man?" Abel asked with a raised eyebrow before Jonah threw the phone at his face in a panic.

What was this? A text from Ari-

Oh.

Oh.

It all came back to him. The hotel when they first checked in. The phone call to Dad. The notification he accidentally swiped away, reminding himself to tell Jonah immediately after he was done with his own call home.

Whoops.

Maybe Abel could make this right, or at least help bro step up his emoji game, which was severely lacking. Angel or kissy face wasn't gonna cut it for someone who grinded on him at prom.

Abel hemmed and hawed for a bit before making his verdict. "It's good, though I would've hit her with the eyes and a couple of 'em sweatdrops, for interest ya know? But uh... think maybe she'd wanna come to Dave & Buster's, too? Just saying."
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

Jeff cocked an eyebrow, having expected them to put up some kind of resistance or act indignant that he'd dared to call them out. He knew the attitudes of the kids at this school. If you did anything that fit outside what they considered to be the social norm, they acted as if you were from another planet. By all rights, he should have just skipped the chiding and just jumped right in on twisting arms behind people's backs. That would have got the message across faster and avoided this particular scenario.

See, his first mistake was offering up some terms; stop splashing, or else. Else what? Well, he didn't know at the time. He couldn't go in after them, not when they could swim and he couldn't, so he'd have to yank them out of the pool by their hair or something. That would have given him some satisfaction, except they screwed it up by acting all apologetic. If he still went in on them when they were all smiles and reconciliation, that'd make him the bad guy now, wouldn't it?

Those clever bastards...

Facing an untenable situation, he just nodded and rose back up. "Right, fine, see that you do," he grumbled. He was seething inwardly, and it was clear that he wasn't going to be able to pay attention to anything while his mind was occupied, but if he just stormed out of the room, that'd defeat the whole purpose of the exercise. Effectively, it'd be as if he'd wasted his breath on nothing at all.

So he sat. He grabbed his magazine and he plunked himself down in a sharp, sudden fashion. He had to just hold it up in front of his face, pretending that nothing was wrong. There was nothing that bothered him more than realizing that he'd been placed on the moral low ground, that he was the villain yet again. These duplicitous little children and their plastic smiles, always acting like they were nothing but wrongfully-accused saints. Jeff could never compete in the field of words and social maneuvering, and he wasn't allowed to just slap the smugness right off their faces, so he was stuck, effectively, forced to watch them swagger their way through life while he was constantly made to act the fool.

He couldn't get to college fast enough.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Once Jeff had returned to the mope cave, Marco had began moving to the other side of the pool, scoping the scene before the big heist. Marco watched as Jeff went back to the book again, hating life as he does. It’s funny... He’s going to be hating life even more in just a short moment.

Marco nodded for Adonis to follow. He got next to the ladder and whispered his plan. It was time to leave. Marco was wanting to stay in the pool, but that wasn’t the safest option, they were about to dump a nuclear reactor in it so it could cool off after all.

Marco pulled himself up the ladder and made his way to his clothes pile. He dried himself off a bit with his towel and put his shirt and shoes back on. He picked up the phone and started texting Abel through Snapchat.

Mad Marc: Get ready to run.

Mad Marc: oh also record this shit it will be funny af.

Marco pocketed his phone and looked towards Jonah and Abel, before glancing back at Adonis. Time to move. Marco looked towards Jeff and saw an exit door behind him, perfect. Marco walked that way, before stopping, and opening the door, not walking through it, instead taking a left and walking along the wall behind everyone.

He didn’t tippy toe his way behind Jeff, that wasn’t how you do sneaky ninja shit. When you want absolute zero sounds coming from you, you take your time and walk heel to toe on each foot. The door closed behind him, but Marco was now way behind Jeff’s line of sight. If he turned his head it’d look like Marco had went through the door and left.

At this point he was ready. All he had to do now was wait for Adonis to be in position. Ready? Ready.

It begins. The two strode towards Jeff’s chair, Marco on the left, Adonis on the right. The exact moment the two were close enough to strike, they pounced like a pack of hyenas. Marco and Adonis each grabbed a side of Jeff’s chair and lifted up, sprinting towards the pool.

“WITNESS MEEEE!” Shouted Marco as the two chucked their keelhauled bounty into the ocean blue.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis pretty much didn't have to use the ladder and he swiftly got himself up and out of the pool side. He glanced over at Marco as he himself dried himself down as smoothly and as causally as possible. Then he put on a buttoned shirt and his sneakers quickly. Then he started to follow along with Marco's plan and he followed his every move.

Adonis never thought that he would have the guts to do something like this to anyone before. Marco really was a bad influence indeed. However, he had been willing to do it and now he could not back out of it. Honestly, Jeff was making him feel upset about not letting them have fun. Who did Jeff think he was? He and Emmett would be the perfect assholes for each other. Adonis' thoughts were not what he would think normally but if someone wanted to rain on their parade because they just wanted to be mean for no reason... Then Adonis was not going to take it anymore.

Marco was now ready for their plan to begin. Adonis gave him a nod before they both strolled forward towards Jeff's chair and they grabbed hold of it, making themselves move more faster towards the pool. Adonis felt a wave of excitement pulse through him and he felt like he was free from all the sadness that he had felt before. Just for the few moments of punishing Jeff.

Adonis felt himself laughing in a cheerful tone as they throw Jeff and his mighty chair into the swimming pool.
[+] V7
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

In retrospect, Jeff would realize that he should have seen this coming. Granted, he wouldn’t have predicted this specific outcome, but if he was expecting to antagonize someone and get away without any reciprocation, he was perhaps more naive than his gruff exterior would suggest.

“Wha-Hey!” he shouted, realizing what was coming; not out of fear for himself, but the magazine. The water was coming up quickly, too quickly. He couldn’t throw it to safety, nor could he jump off the chair. All he could do was close his eyes, take a breath, and brace for impact.

The water hit him like an icy sheet. If he’d had his eyes open to see it, he might have been impressed by the splash he’d made, but as it was, he felt the chair slip out from under him as it sank to the bottom of the pool. He was hanging there, limp and weightless, and he panicked, flailing beneath the surface and churning the water with his thrashing.

That’s when he kicked the chair and realized he was only in five feet of water.

He was such a dumbass.

He stood on the pool chair, breaking the surface, his shirt and shorts soaked through and the soggy literature hanging limply by a couple pages. He calmly, yet deliberately, waded over to the edge of the pool, laid the magazine upon it, and raised his gaze towards the pair of smart-aleck pranksters. He only had one word for them, one which he hoped they took to heart:

“Run.”
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Jonah nodded in response to Abel's suggestion and started keying in some follow up emojis. He put in one set of eye emojis--

And then heard Jeff make impact. HIs finger slipped to the emoji immediately to the left of the eyes, the tongue, and he sent.

"Oh no," he said quietly before looking up to see what had happened.

Jeff didn't look like he was too happy about taking an unexpected dip and was vaguely threatening. Truthfully, Jonah wasn't that scared of him considering their group outnumbered him considerably, but he still wanted to avoid any kind of confrontation now that Adonis and Marco had had their fun. He signaled to Abel with his head and then got up, grabbing his towel. He linked arms with Marco and he strode casually past and whistled.

"Y'all down to go to Dave and Busters before Jeff tries to drown you back?"

Return to “The Hotel”