Tabletop Interest Check: Final Fantasy

Take a break from the toils of the SOTF ACT and relax in the tranquility of another roleplay. You decide what sort of roleplays appear here, be they AUs or something entirely different. You're only limited by your own imagination.
Espi

Tabletop Interest Check: Final Fantasy

Post by Espi »

Hello! As I apparently cannot get enough tabletop, I am attempting to form an additional group for myself. I intend to DM this, and am seeking 4-6 other players to participate. I may also invite one or two other people from off-site whom I am friends with as well. Here is what I have in mind:

The campaign will be a high-fantasy adventure focused on combat, exploration, and dungeon crawling. The setting and story will be heavily inspired by the Final Fantasy franchise: as such, the plot will be fairly linear, with an established set of goals, and open-ended, where your exact path and decisions towards those goals will be left to the players. That said, knowledge of the Final Fantasy franchise isn't required or expected.

You will be expected to play a good or neutral character: I'm not super experienced at DMing and so the more cooperative the characters are, the easier it'll be to focus on the fundamentals on my part. There won't be a high amount of grimness or heavy RPing: I expect there to be mostly focus on inter-PC banter, rather than a lot of NPC involvement.

The system will either be DND 5th Edition or Final Fantasy d20, a Final Fantasy-based Pathfinder variant, depending on which one I feel comfortable with and which best suits the setting. Worth noting that if we play 5e, there will probably be a decent amount of homebrew and reflavoring. Exact components of the setting such as races will be left flexible for player input as well.

We will be playing on either Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, or Sundays, as those are the days that I'm free. It's late so I'm sure I've forgotten some important parts, so please post here or DM me in Discord if you have any questions. If we somehow end up with too many people I will decide, likely prioritizing people who I am already familiar with playing, once again as a comfort thing because of my relative lack of experience DMing. Thank you!

Roster:
1-MK Kilmarnock
2-Catche Jagger
3-Melusine
4-NotAFlyingToy
5-
6-
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Hello.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

I’m interested
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

sure why not
Espi

Post by Espi »

I'd like at least another person or two before I run. I'll give it until Sunday morning before I pull the plug.
NotAFlyingToy

Post by NotAFlyingToy »

I'm willing to give it a shot!
Author of the #SwiftBall Bible.
[+] Characters
Hansel Williams never fully realized he was wrong.

Brandon Baxter lost agency, the girl, and power.

Oskar Pearce's shield shimmered, shone, and shattered.

Return to “Other Roleplaying”