You Never Said Goodbye

Day 6, Post-Announcements. Open after Faith arrives.

Built not long after the community's arrival on the island, the lighthouse was never realistically going to last very long. Requiring many renovations during its lifespan due to less-than-stellar construction practices, the lighthouse eventually met its end during the same storm that capsized the yacht. Now its interior is exposed to the elements with only what's left of its wooden walls able to shield those who seek shelter inside.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

“Hey, anything can be a weapon. You just need to throw it hard enough.”

Angie entered the lighthouse. It could be best described as old. The entire island was old, probably years and years older than Angie and maybe even her parents, but this?

It felt older than everything else.

Perhaps, it was the fact that it was whittled down from years and years of abuse. Wind and water had eroded the core being of the building, leading to a very clear removal of anything that was weak.

What was left was the skeleton, and it was raw. There were the usual signs of abuse by the victims too. The blood and the billet holes and the casings for weapon: it was everything that Angie already knew about but refused to put a word on it.

It was just that: an old building. Factually, it was easy to rationalize. But Angie’s emotions made her sick. People had died here. Painful and tragic moments were used for a goal and recorded for another and Angie had no idea why. The sheer suffering of it all reminded that Angie was so small in the end in front of this abstract enemy.

“I’ll take first watch,” she said firmly, “don’t think I can sleep.”
Super Weegee

Post by Super Weegee »

Matthew formed a smirk for a second before frowning again. The odds of throwing the scissors in a way that can even slightly hurt someone has to be a million to one. Then again, they're lighter than some of the other ones he used, so it could be like five hundred thousand to one?

Getting closer to the lighthouse, he can see four more bodies on the shore, laid out in a row like some funeral procession. Even from this distance, he can tell that they've been dead for a while. Various insects were flying around and landing on the decomposing corpses. Thankfully, he wasn't close enough to see the more gory details and he wasn't intent on getting anywhere near them. Whatever the bodies did have has to be long gone by now.

Going inside of the lighthouse, it didn't take long to see that this is where they died at. The bullet holes, the broken window, and bloodstains almost everywhere he looked, which has long since dried. Yep, this has to be from early on. What the fuck happened that ended with all four of them getting killed?

As Matthew finished looking around, Angie said that she'll take first watch, letting Shauna lie down and rest. Odd that they would do it here of all places, but then again, he's not them.

'You don't mind if I stick around for a bit, do you?" He said, leaning against the cleaner part of the wall, "At least until I decide what I want to do next."

If she says yes, then he'll probably be in safe hands. If not, then he can try his inevitably going to backfire strategy of blindly walking around the island again.

Besides, it's not the right time to piss off the person with the gun.
V8 Relationships Thread
Brook Peterson
Lula Gray
[+] V7
V7 Appearance Tracker
ImageMatthew Hunt drawn by Ryuki and Kotorikun - Profile
Memories: 1 2
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
Trip: 1 2
V7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Image Blake Davis - Profile - "...You knew..."
Memories: 1
Prom: 1
V7: 1 2 3 4
Any thoughts or criticisms on my writing are welcome and appreciated! Feel free to message me on Discord.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

"Yeah," Angie turned toward Shauna as they headed toward the lighthouse, "you're more than welcome."

Angie turned around toward to Matthew, raising her index finger.

"But do anything funny and I cut your pecker off."

She had this small smirk on her face as she said it, trying to sound as insincere as possible. She wanted anything that appeared just like her life back home.

Angie would take anything.

((She continued in the next thread.))
Super Weegee

Post by Super Weegee »

"Alrighty then." Matthew said, frowning. Angie said it in a joking kind of way, but what could he even do that would constitute 'funny' to her, asides from the obvious?

Just looking at her wrong? Approaching her from the wrong angle?

In any case, he wasn't suicidal enough to try anything.

Not yet, at least.

((Matthew Hunt continued in I Heard Yxu Were Lxxking Fxr Me))
V8 Relationships Thread
Brook Peterson
Lula Gray
[+] V7
V7 Appearance Tracker
ImageMatthew Hunt drawn by Ryuki and Kotorikun - Profile
Memories: 1 2
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
Trip: 1 2
V7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Image Blake Davis - Profile - "...You knew..."
Memories: 1
Prom: 1
V7: 1 2 3 4
Any thoughts or criticisms on my writing are welcome and appreciated! Feel free to message me on Discord.

Return to “Ruined Lighthouse”