The Definition of Insanity

Tagging Sh4de and Catche. PM if you REALLY need entry.

Following a well-worn path from the temple that leads behind the building and the memorial garden takes you to the cliff face itself. Featuring a sheer drop to the water and rocks below and no barrier of any kind, the edge of the cliff is not one for the faint of heart. A large roughly cut wooden sign has been haphazardly hammered into the ground here but whatever was originally painted upon it has long since washed away leaving only a shadow of a single word behind.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Though he was fading, Volker kept trying to fight, trying to claw at Colin’s face and eyes. In response Colin pulled his head back and closed his eyes.

This had to end soon. Volker couldn’t go on much longer.

Then the motor started.

Colin’s eyes shot open.
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco felt the wet warmth of something splash along his face as Colin rolled off of him and to the side. His free hand grasped at his own throat as he remained his grip on the chainsaw, coughing and gasping.

And laughing.

His eyes looked at his saw. It glistened with red drops. It's had it's first taste of blood, as had Marco. They were one in the same now.

He pressed a hand into his knee as he pulled himself to his feet. It let out a satisfying pop. He continued laughing as he turned around to look at Colin, ready to see the damage he's done.

Ready to plan the damage he's going to do...
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Colin tried to move, tried to get out of the way, but then…

It all happened so fast, and next Colin knew, he was on the ground and the side of his head felt like it was burning. He howled and screamed and beat his fists into the ground as he attempted to raise his head to meet Volker’s gaze. That bitch was laughing at him. Fucking laughing at him.

“I’m… gonna fucking kill you, you rotten little prick!” He cried, his voice echoing through the area as Colin struggled to reorient himself.

Placing a hand to the side of his head, he felt something wet. More pressing, he didn’t feel an ear, only stabbing pain as he touched where one should be.

“I’M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU!” He tried to stagger to his feet, making slow progress.
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco limped forwards, and saw the pool of red in the grass. He saw what was lying in it. He leaned over and picked it up, right as Colin started bitching and moaning. "Well hellfire..." Marco was impressed. A little graze did that?! Hell yeah, imagine what a full on swing could cause. Can you say haircut and a half?

"Yeah, yeah… Same song and dance, buddy."

Marco wasn't phased. He knew what Colin was going through, he experienced it himself. The only difference was that Colin deserved it, Marco didn't. Marco was targeted and blindsided, and for that he lost an eye. Colin was a fucking retard, and wouldn't have listened to Marco, even if he had been given a chance to speak his point. So now, he lost an ear. Like pottery, huh? Marco limped two steps back, listening as Colin continued to threat. Fucking idiot was gonna get himself killed. Can we go for two? Should we?

Marco's heart was pounding in his chest. He was inches and seconds away from getting killed, multiple times. He was beaten, bloodied, but not broken. That was close, too close. He was scared, and hurt, and most importantly... invigorated. There was such a massive cocktail of emotions going on, both his and Colin's and Marco drank it all in. It was ECSTASY...

Marcus had just learned what a warrior's high was. He was so close to death itself, but here he stood, triumphant. For once in his life, he was triumphant. He felt great! He got rid of Arjen, and he made it out, he WON! He just couldn't help but smile, despite Colin's threats, and yet... He wasn't going to attack him. He wasn't going to finish this.

"No you're not." Marco stated, matter of factly, as he pointed towards Colin with the ear in his hand. He wanted to experience this again. It was borderline sensory overload for him, but it was just so magnificent. He's never felt anything like it. He didn't want it to stop, not this early. He loved every bit of this moment, and he wasn't going to let Colin kill him or get himself killed to ruin it, that'd come later. He wasn't gonna lose his high, not just yet, especially not when he had another chance to experience it again. He tossed the ear at Colin's feet.

"You're gonna pull out your medkit right the fuck now, and you're going to patch yourself up before you bleed out. With each stitch, with each cauterization, with each throb of pain, you're gonna think of nothing except me, like I did for Arjen. Then you're gonna come find me, then we're gonna finish this. Not now." He threw the ear at Colin's feet. "I won't lie, you scare the everloving shit out of me, and that shit back there really hurt, I thought you had me done for... That was fun. You were the first person here to make me truly feel alive, I want you to appreciate the pain you've earned."

Every bruise throbbed. His joints ached, his skin felt tight and tense. He felt cold with all of his sweat and blood drenching him. He loved every moment of it. All that pain, all that discontent, all the bullshit he'd experienced, it was all worth it, just for this one moment, just this one victory. It was true, Pain IS weakness leaving the body. There would be more to come. Marco opened his bad eye and pointed at it with his free hand. "This was Arjen's fault. Him, Sierra, and Willow. If you know them, tell them I'm coming for them, to do the same to them as I did him. Then, if you find Kelly, that poisonous bitch, tell her ungrateful ass I'm coming to kill her too because it's her fault this all had to happen, and THEN if you find that hillbilly fuck Carl, tell him I'm gonna crucify him like that corpse on a stick he worships, just because I don't fucking like him."

Marco pounded his chest, energy surging through him. "YOU HEAR ME, COLIN?! YOU TELL THE WHOLE WORLD I'M COMING FOR THEM! I'M A ONE MAN MOTHERFUCKING APOCALPYSE, AND I'M COMING TO BURN THIS WORLD TO THE FUCKING GROUND, STARTING WITH EVERYONE ON THIS FUCKIN' ISLAND. EVERYONE'S GONNA KNOW MY NAME, EVERYONE'S GONNA KNOW MY MOTHERFUCKING FACE!" He raised his chainsaw above him, letting the motor scream with him. "I'M GONNA BE HUGE! AN EXPLOSION THAT DEVASTATES THIS WILD WASTELAND, LIKE A MUSHROOM CLOUD!" He screamed then brought the chainsaw down, panting. He looked down at his saw, it was beautiful. Those dots of red lining the metal teeth, the yellow plastic, the silver blade. It was aesthetically pleasing, the context behind it just adding more to it.

He looked up at Colin, laughing. He stumbled back. His high was fading. "Holy shit... I have a stiffy right now." He just stared, panting, tongue lolling out the side of his mouth. "Thank you, Colin... This ain't over."

Marco turned to hobble away, keeping his eye on him. He turned, pointing at him. "You're not allowed to die to anyone else! Don't let Arjen die in vain, now! Until we meet again, Colin! You shall taste my blade once more before this is over and done with!"

"WOOO!"

He limped away, keeping his eye on Colin the entire time. If he really wanted to throw his life away, then so be it, but Marco would rather his death have some meaning beyond a drowned deadbeat he barely fucking knew...

((Marcus Volker Continued Elsewhere.))
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

What

The

FUCK

Volker went off on a literal fucking villain speech where he called himself “the apocalypse” and made out Colin to be some sort of rival or some shit. He wasn’t just a little shit, Volker was legitimately unhinged, no doubt about that.

He also… got hard from the fight? Which honestly left Colin feeling a bit violated, or would have, was he not so focused on the pain and bleeding coming out of the side of his head.

As Volker finally slipped away, Colin knew there was nothing that he could do to stop him now. He was helpless.

“Fuck! Damn it! FUCK!” Colin hollered, stomping his boots into the ground as tears formed in his eyes. He felt like some sort of hairy, oversized, bloody baby and it made him sick.

Trying hard to blink away tears that kept coming, Colin scrambled for the duffel that the terrorists had provided him with. Volker had thrown the ear like it was something he or anyone else here could stitch back on. No, he needed to stop the bleeding.

In a panicked rush, he pulled out some of the non-adhesive bandages from the medical pack and quickly wrapped them around his head a couple times before holding them in place with his hand.

From what little Colin recalled from his experiences at Cub Scout Camp, this would not be enough to fix the wound, but he would really need the help of somebody else or at least something reflective in order to deal with this properly.

Colin took a few breaths before finally and fully rising to his feet, taking his bags with him.

He turned to the edge of the cliff where the guy he’d failed to save had fallen from, mouthed a quiet “I’ll fucking get him” before rushing of in search of someone… anyone.

((Colin McCabe continued in Moss and Bones))
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Arjen's hands couldn't grab the dirt and stone on the ground. When he couldn't feel the gravity anymore he screamed loudly.

"
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
E
A
A
A
E
E
E
E
E
E
E
E
E
A
A
A
A
E
E
E
E
E
E
E
E
H
H
H
!
!
!
"

but just like a jump from springboard it was a rather short experience between the edge and the water for Arjen.

two consecutive SPLASH!'s

The block on his foot dragged him deeper and deeper.

Deeper

and

Deeper

and

Deeper

and

he opened his eyes

they burnt.

deeper

he saw all the bubbles exiting his mouth and nose

his nose

it fucking burnt

of course the wound of the nosebleeding would burn again

the salty tears of the eyes mixed with the salty tears of the ocean.

he held his breath, he needed to swim up.

waving his arms around

but it dragged him deeper

deeper

his arms weren't as strong as the stone

he could reduce it though

it levetated slower

his head heard the beeping because of the pressure from the

deepness

he swung his arms around blindly wanting to get up

the rope around his wrists were tight, so fucking tight, Marco hated him, Marco made it super tight.

With his last power he was trying to loosening the rope.

He managed it.

He felt dizzyz super dizzyz
but now his left hand was freed
he now could use both hands to push the water down, push it
push it

but the surface of the water was

so

far

away

and he couldn't defeat the gravity of the rock

it was hopeless to try

so he didn't.

But maybe it was worth a shot.

Arjen didn't want to die

At least

especially not this way.

He grasped at the ropes around his ankles and struggled, feeling his hands for the knot.

his head fucking hurt from bending it down. it was a headache and he could feel the salt in the head.

air.

nauseous

He wrapped his fingers around it, and tried to force them through to loosen it. He felt one of his fingernails snap and it hurt.

Bubbles floated up in front of his face as he moaned the last of his oxygen away.

He couldn’t see the rope through the bubbles and he knew he didn’t have time.

Fuck.

FUCK.

He felt the rope loosen and he kicked his feet around, the rope pulling off one of his shoes as he slid himself free.

UCKFUCKFUCK

He looked up what he thought was up anyway. The surface looked so far away.

One arm after another he pulled himself up, higher and higher. His lungs burned and his head pulsed.

He swam upwards the light at the end of the tunn

replaced with visions. He saw Marco

Arjen’s mouth opened in a silent scream of fury. He was almost there, he could make it.

His lungs burned.

there was no more oxygen to elevate him up.

Nothing but water.

He flailed harder as he started to

sink.

Frantically he dragged himself up

lungs were burning and his head was pulsing like it would e

xplode

t hur

rt.

It hu

He op

d the water filled his throat.

ened his mouth to scream again, an

His hands clasped around his neck as he kicke

kick

d and thrashed arou

fuc s arms from his neck and windmille

jen’s body slowed to a sto

is arms hovered above hi

sunk back into the dept unk back into the depths again, bla

lank eyes affixed on the surface he’d neve

and his last breath soon shot up to the surface in the form of a bubble.

[[Arjen Kramer continued in Binary Suns]]

Return to “The Cliff”