Pregame Character Relations Spectacular

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Super Weegee

Pregame Character Relations Spectacular

Post by Super Weegee »

A new version is among us, which means that I'm going to reveal one of my characters I'm still working on! I've got one or two others in mind, but I'll only add them if I think I'm up for it. Like last time, post your thoughts and I'll update this thread as soon as I can. I'm open to anything! Romance, friendships, enemies, you name it.
[+] Color Codes
Dating
Crushes/Exes/Etc
Best/Close Friends
Friends
Neutral (Acquaintances or Slightly Antagonistic)
Dislikes
Hates
It can be either mutual or one-sided. Your character can dislike mine while my character can like yours, and so forth.

Edit: While I'm still fleshing her out, I'm confident enough to reveal my second character!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brook Peterson

Appearance: (Still working on it)

Hobbies: Politics, reading, writing, drawing, watching TV (mainly documentaries), cross-country, discussing SOTF.

Brook is the younger brother in the family with his sibling, Joseph, being two years ahead of him. He's on the athletic side of the scale, enjoying cross-country, and likes to keep himself in shape overall. While he's highly competitive in that area and doesn't take losing well in general, he's reasonably sociable, chatty, and laid back if you're on good terms with him, and he's more than willing to let someone else act as a leader. If you happen to get on his bad side, however, he'll typically respond by going out of his way to ignore you, which caused some problems in regards to school work. While it's easy to apologize to him, good luck with that if you've really pissed him off. Suffice to say, he can hold a grudge the size of Jupiter and it can remain that way for a long time. Brook's a really good artist and has earned some money by doing commissions both online and for some of his classmates. Writing's also one of his favorite hobbies and he's even dabbled in doing some fanfiction at a couple points, although he's recently working on his own original story.

In regards to SOTF, Brook only gained interest in them during his sophomore year, initially out of morbid curiosity and the fact that people don't really like to talk about it on more mainstream sites. The videos showcasing how the most morally upstanding person can be reduced to brutally killing their own classmates has been the basis of him starting debates in a few online forums. Even after seeing many of the gruesome murders and deaths, however, he's still not fully desensitized to the violence and doesn't watch the videos any more times than necessary. With that said, he believes that the footage should be preserved since, whether the victim's families want to admit it or not, it's a part of history that shouldn't be scrubbed away because it's upsetting.

Politically, he wasn't really into it in his younger years. That all changed around the time of Canon's presidential election. Generally, Brook leans to the right. He's against universal health care, believes marijuana should remain federally illegal, is heavily against abortion (barring certain circumstances), finds the LGBTQ+ community "strange", among others. For what he supports, he's an avid believer in the second amendment, believes that the nationwide protests has done more harm than good and supports Canon's crackdown on said protests, and other things. Don't be afraid to ask about Brook's stance on an issue if you want your character to get a more definitive opinion on him.

Academically, his grades are pretty good. A's and B's in many of his classes, with one or two dips into C's with some of his weakest subjects. Nothing that really stands out among the crowd. Although he plans to go to college, he doesn't really know what career he should go into.

Looking For:
- Fellow laid back/cross country/artist/reading/SOTF people.
- Gym friends.
- People who like/dislike/hate him for his views.
- Anybody, really.
[+] Relationships
Danielle "Dani" Bird (TheLordOfAwesome) - "We're not really dating anymore, but she's still a great friend to have around."
Lúcio Oliveira (VoltTurtle) - "Workout buddies for life!"
Matthew Bell (applesintime) - "He's a good guy to work out with at the gym and we've debated on politics sometimes."
Katelyn "Kitty" Graves (VoltTurtle) - "It's nice to have someone to talk about Survival of the Fittest with."
Lorenzo/"Ren" (Yonagoda) - "We may disagree politically on some things, but she's a nice person to have around outside of that."
Spuds Bullock (Slam) - "We hung out a few times, but she's gotta learn to relax."
Donovan Lauer (Dogs231) - "I can respect someone giving me a challenge in cross-country and his shenanigans are a little funny to watch."
Alex Avanesian (applesintime) - "Alex might be a little insane with some of his conspiracy theories, but we've talked about Survival Of The Fittest in the past, so I put up with it."
Teddie Boyd (Slam) - "You mean the guy with one testicle? Pfft."
Isaiah (Yonagoda) - "We got pissed off at each other a couple times, but he's always quick to apologize, at least."
Gabrielle (Yonagoda) - "We can talk about Survival of the Fittest, but outside of that? Please shut your damn mouth."
Hades (MK Kilmarnock) - "We both like to read, at least. Cool name, too.
Ren (Zetsu) - "Weirdo."
Alice (Zetsu) - "What's her problem?"
Medea Parth (TheLordOfAwesome) - "Can she just leave me alone already?"
Lynn (MK Kilmarnock) - "Stick to wrestling, woman. It suits you better."
Micah Flanigan (Laurels) - "Shame. Could've been friends with him."
Letitia May (Laurels) - "This bitch, I swear..."
Randolph Whateley (TheLordOfAwesome) - "Christ, I hate to see the rest of his family."
Birch (Zetsu) - "I don't care! Just calm the fuck down and leave us alone already!"
Vladimir (MK Kilmarnock) - "If you don't like us, go back to fucking Romania."
Abhishek "Abhi" Panicker (Dogs231) - "A bitch spouting garbage about how she supports communism? I'm out."
Natasha White (VoltTurtle) - "She's trying to get other people on board with communism. Fuck her."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lula Gray

Appearance: Fair complexion, light brown eyes, neck-length brown hair (disheveled cut preferred), usually seen wearing a beanie. Her clothes are either hand-me-downs, cheap, or bought from a thrift shop, either a tad too small or too big for her. 5'8'' and weighs around 125 pounds. It's very rare that she uses make-up at all and looks disheveled in general, although she doesn't really care how she looks.

Hobbies: Cooking, reading, photography, camping, partying, running

Lula is the youngest of her two siblings, one brother and one sister. Her family's barely making ends meet as a result of her parent's poor financial skills, which was exacerbated by the sudden death of her father, as he was the one making the most money. The mother had an emotional breakdown, which she has still not recovered from. Her siblings were forced to enter the work force and work long hours while they were still in high school as a result, with her brother lying about his age in the process. Lula luckily wasn't burdened with the responsibility, but her siblings resent her for having the freedom that was ripped from them. Despite that, they still taught her how to save as much money as possible and the necessary skills to survive should something happen to them. With all of the issues surrounding her home life, she feels like she's partially responsible for it and tries to get out of the house often.

Generally, she's a nice and fun-loving girl to have around, especially at parties, and she's immensely thankful and quick to make friends (and be manipulated) if anybody gives her anything, but don't expect her to give anything to anybody. It's mostly out of necessity, but she also has the belief that it's owed to her. Basically, she's all take and no give. She's quite the gossip girl as well, but she doesn't care about politics or current events, though. Unless it affects her or her family, she's not concerned with them. Try to get her involved in them and she'll blow you off. She's bisexual as well.

Academically, Lula's below average, with a lot of C's in her classes with an occasional low B. Although she doesn't care too much about her grades, she's afraid of going anywhere near a D, fearing that she's going to be held back. She plans on entering the work force like her siblings and stick with them to the end.

Looking For:
- Friends. People that share the same interests/hobbies, are fellow party goers, and/or are poor like her.
- Some folks for Lula to have a crush on?
- People who dislike/hate her for being all take and no give.
- Some people who pities her.
- People who manipulate Lula to do favors for them in exchange for being given stuff.
- Anybody!
[+] Relationships
Brother and Sister - "They can be assholes, but they're family. Wouldn't trade them for the world."
Micah Flanigan (Laurels) - "I used to have a crush on him until he turned me down...he's still a nice guy at parties, though."
Chiara Masina (Laurels) - ""We talk about books at school sometimes."
Letitia May (Laurels) - "She's kind of a bitch, but she's rich, so..."
V8 Relationships Thread
Brook Peterson
Lula Gray
[+] V7
V7 Appearance Tracker
ImageMatthew Hunt drawn by Ryuki and Kotorikun - Profile
Memories: 1 2
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
Trip: 1 2
V7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Image Blake Davis - Profile - "...You knew..."
Memories: 1
Prom: 1
V7: 1 2 3 4
Any thoughts or criticisms on my writing are welcome and appreciated! Feel free to message me on Discord.
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

Donovan participates in cross-country and also has a competitive streak, so the two are probably at least aware of each other.

Abhishek is the type to argue politics with him, being pretty much opposite him politically. Probably a more negative view between the two.
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-CLASSIC V1:

Code: Select all

Edithe Merdur is looking to axe you a question.

,  /\  .  
 //`-||-'\\ 
(| -=||=- |)
 \\,-||-.// 
  `  ||  '  
     ||     
     ||     
     ||     
()

Trent Sherwin is running away from his problems.

_
              _( }
    -=   _  <<  \
        `.\__/`/\\
  -=      '--'\\  `
       -=     //
              \)

J is a man of few words.

_     
                      | |    
__      _____  _ __ __| |___ 
\ \ /\ / / _ \| '__/ _` / __|
 \ V  V / (_) | | | (_| \__ \
  \_/\_/ \___/|_|  \__,_|___/

Andrew Leeroy is going to beat you to death.

_.--""--._
/  _    _  \
_  ( (_\  /_) )  _
{ \._\   /\   /_./ }
/_"=-.}______{.-="_\
_  _.=("""")=._  _
(_'"_.-"`~~`"-._"'_)
{_"            "_}
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Matthew and Brook would probably be decent friends; Brook leans more right-wing than he does, but they both have an interest in politics, and maybe have a couple of casual discussions about it. They're also both pretty athletic and like keeping in shape, so maybe they go to the same gym.

Alex might also be an acquaintance of his. They share an interest in SOTF, and while Brook is much more of a 'casual' observer than Alex and his full-blown conspiracy theories, I think Brook is one of the few people Alex feels comfortable talking about his theories with. Depends on how he'd react to it, really.
[+] The Future
Alex Avanesian has a theory.
Matthew Bell wishes he didn't live in a blue state.
Jennifer Lintunen is vibing to music.
Madeleine Molliqaj got something really cute at the thrift store!
Zacharias Smith thinks you're annoying.
Super Weegee

Post by Super Weegee »

Dogs231 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:10 pm Donovan participates in cross-country and also has a competitive streak, so the two are probably at least aware of each other.

Abhishek is the type to argue politics with him, being pretty much opposite him politically. Probably a more negative view between the two.
Yeah, I can see them being rivals of sorts. Outside of cross-country, Brook's probably going to be that one guy that munches on the popcorn when Donovan gets into trouble, even if he's indirectly involved in some way.

Brook's not going to get along with Abhishek at all, at least politically. Combine that with Abhishek's bisexuality (assuming that knowledge is public) and his abrasive personality, a friendship with these two is just not going to happen.
Applesintime wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:49 pm Matthew and Brook would probably be decent friends; Brook leans more right-wing than he does, but they both have an interest in politics, and maybe have a couple of casual discussions about it. They're also both pretty athletic and like keeping in shape, so maybe they go to the same gym.

Alex might also be an acquaintance of his. They share an interest in SOTF, and while Brook is much more of a 'casual' observer than Alex and his full-blown conspiracy theories, I think Brook is one of the few people Alex feels comfortable talking about his theories with. Depends on how he'd react to it, really.
I agree. Brook and Matthew would likely get along just fine working out together, and they'll probably get into a few friendly political debates like you said.

Brook's going to think that Alex needs to calm down on his conspiracy theories, but he's still willing to lend his ear to Alex, although his words are likely going to go through one ear and out the other. They'll be friendly with each other since they share a common interest in SOTF, but their relationship won't really go beyond being acquaintances.
V8 Relationships Thread
Brook Peterson
Lula Gray
[+] V7
V7 Appearance Tracker
Any thoughts or criticisms on my writing are welcome and appreciated! Feel free to message me on Discord.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Teddie would probably have a mixed view of Brook. On the one hand they're both artists, and that's cool, but on the other Brook's right wing leanings and grudgy personality might rub Teddie the wrong way, since he's a member of the LGBTQ+ community.

Spuds would probably have a more respectful view of him. If he's chill, then she's chill with him. Both athletes, so that's cool, but otherwise no real reason to have any beef with him.
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Super Weegee

Post by Super Weegee »

Slam wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:44 pm Teddie would probably have a mixed view of Brook. On the one hand they're both artists, and that's cool, but on the other Brook's right wing leanings and grudgy personality might rub Teddie the wrong way, since he's a member of the LGBTQ+ community.

Spuds would probably have a more respectful view of him. If he's chill, then she's chill with him. Both athletes, so that's cool, but otherwise no real reason to have any beef with him.
Teddie: Brock would respect him as a friendly artist, but his orientation would make him raise an eyebrow (although being a part of the LGBTQ+ community alone isn't enough to make him dislike people.) I wouldn't consider them close friends, though, since I can see Brook finding the fact that Teddie has only one testicle hilarious.

Spuds: A fellow athlete that's chill? If she's chill with him, he'll be chill with her, although there might be still some tension since he's not above making jokes at other people's misfortune like Teddie.
V8 Relationships Thread
Brook Peterson
Lula Gray
[+] V7
V7 Appearance Tracker
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Is he open about his sotf interest? If he is, I see Gabrielle being one of these people that he can talk to about it since she's got no filter for weirdness, but I see their relationship as neutral since she isn't the easiest to get along with. Isaiah would probably dislike him for his political views but wouldn't bother to argue or anything unless something kinda extreme happens (maybe theu clashed once or twice but Isaiah tried to make up and apologize), and Amerika has a bit of a friendship thing with, like, how she disagrees with a small amount of his views (at least partially because it reflects the stuff that her dad repeats a lot to her and his podcast/newspaper when she was younger,) but at the same time probably finds him to be a decently nice person to talk to and a fellow artist that she feels... decently comfortable around? And also they're both against drugs so at least there's that, and she willfully ignores anything 'unpleasant (in her opinion)' he says.
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
Super Weegee

Post by Super Weegee »

Yonagoda wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:19 am Is he open about his sotf interest? If he is, I see Gabrielle being one of these people that he can talk to about it since she's got no filter for weirdness, but I see their relationship as neutral since she isn't the easiest to get along with. Isaiah would probably dislike him for his political views but wouldn't bother to argue or anything unless something kinda extreme happens (maybe theu clashed once or twice but Isaiah tried to make up and apologize), and Amerika has a bit of a friendship thing with, like, how she disagrees with a small amount of his views (at least partially because it reflects the stuff that her dad repeats a lot to her and his podcast/newspaper when she was younger,) but at the same time probably finds him to be a decently nice person to talk to and a fellow artist that she feels... decently comfortable around? And also they're both against drugs so at least there's that, and she willfully ignores anything 'unpleasant (in her opinion)' he says.
I posted some of my thoughts in your thread, but here's my two cents based on what you added:

Gabrielle: Brook's not really open about it, but I can see them learning about each other's interest in SOTF somehow. He'll still think of her as 'that one weird kid', but he can tolerate her snark whenever the subject comes up.

Isiah: If they've never argued about politics, then it'll likely be a friendly acquaintance from Brook's perspective. If it got extreme, though, it depends on what kind you're talking about. If they verbally attack each other, Brook would eventually get over it (or try his best, anyways.) If they throw punches or anything like that, then Isiah's really gonna have to work for that second chance. Regardless, Brook's not the type to give third chances for his more serious grudges unless someone have a really good reason for it, so if it gets extreme for the second time, then he's never going to make up with Isiah.

Amerika: Brook tends to be more lenient when discussing politics with friends in a 'agree to disagree' sorta way, and he's generally pretty laid-back whenever the subject isn't about politics. I agree that they can get along as fellow artists.
V8 Relationships Thread
Brook Peterson
Lula Gray
[+] V7
V7 Appearance Tracker
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Super Weegee wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:08 am
Isiah: If they've never argued about politics, then it'll likely be a friendly acquaintance from Brook's perspective. If it got extreme, though, it depends on what kind you're talking about. If they verbally attack each other, Brook would eventually get over it (or try his best, anyways.) If they throw punches or anything like that, then Isiah's really gonna have to work for that second chance. Regardless, Brook's not the type to give third chances for his more serious grudges unless someone have a really good reason for it, so if it gets extreme for the second time, then he's never going to make up with Isiah.
Isaiah keeps most of his negativity bottled up, so I do see him getting a little mad and raising his voice once or twice during what's probably a bit of an argument but not really an big one or anything, but then going ''oh no I'm sorry, got a little heated there, Didn't mean to yell! Can we just agree to disagree and drop this topic?'' He'd rather be on good terms with someone, so I personally envisioned, like, this sort of ''yeah we disagreed, like, once, but he's chill and I got over it so I'm chill too, we aren't friends but we aren't mad at one another either'' sorta thing.
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
Super Weegee

Post by Super Weegee »

Added my new character, Lula Gray!

Feel free to post your thoughts (or edit your existing post) if you think your kid would have a relationship with her!
V8 Relationships Thread
Brook Peterson
Lula Gray
[+] V7
V7 Appearance Tracker
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

Brook:
Surprisingly, I think all four of my kids aren't on good terms with him? Stephan, as usual, is just generally mean and would 100% think he's a freak for being interested in SOTF (and if that's not public, he probably tried to scam him for a commission at some point), Tana and Kyoto would dislike him because of his political views (backstory stuff mainly), and while Suzanna wouldn't really hate him since they have similar interests and he probably wouldn't insult her name, his political views are enough to make her uncomfortable around him and only interact with him when she really needs to.

Lula:
Stephan isn't interested in interacting with poor people and will definitely be rude to her, though he won't make any comments about her dad.
The others? I don't think there's much. Tana's a bit lower-middle class, but unless she can manipulate her into participating in a séance or playing with a ouija board with the offer of naming a character after her in a game, they probably just know of each other and that's about it.

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”