Smol TV Suggestion Thread

This is the board to discuss and plan for SOTF-TV, both the actual games and related lore projects.
Mini_Help

Smol TV Suggestion Thread

Post by Mini_Help »

Hey, Mini!

As many of you know, after TV3 we will be running a series of smaller games in the TV universe, exploring different game setups. While these games will be crafted and run by teams of staffers, we know there are lots of interesting ideas floating around that folks are keen to suggest, so this thread is the place to do so.

That said, a few ground rules/notes to temper expectations:

Anything posted in this thread is being offered to staff to steal, twist, mutilate, ignore, or otherwise do with as we please. If you have a super amazing mechanic you want to use for an AU and would be crushed to see altered, don't post it here! In all likelihood, things here will be picked up mostly if they catch the eye of a specific staffer, and may be heavily adjusted.

Additionally, certain subjects can be skipped, either because they're already in the public consciousness or because they're being held for later. If you suggest stuff about these, we don't mind but it also probably won't accomplish much, at least in the short term. Current examples are:
  • Anything with teams, partnerships, or multiple characters winning: On hold until TV4! If you want to spitball these for the eventual TV4 have at, but it won't happen in the smaller versions.
  • Ten-kill win mechanics of any sort:Ditto, paused until TV4, but feel free to spitball.
  • BKA and/or calls home: This has been discussed a lot and we're aware of the interest.
That said, have at. No promises anything here is used, but we will read everything (unless you paste the entire text of Don Quixote here or something; we'll read everything on-topic and submitted in earnest).
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by DerArknight »

One thing I would find awesome would be if we got to chose our character's starting weapon in one Minor.

I have some concept ideas for TV-characters that either would only work with specific weapons or would greatly benefit from a specific starting weapon.

Of course there would be limitations to avoid everyone having super-lethal shotguns or so.

How about a Meanwhile-section for a version? With how big the lore for the TV-universe is, I believe there would be plenty of interesting stories to tell that happen outside of the arena.

How about a version where just the names of the deceased and not the names of the killers gets announced on the announcements? It would surely impact the game, and the TV-verse is probably the most likely place where the people running the show would be willing for such experiments.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

I was thinking about playing with the environment- for instance, setting the game in a place that is total wilderness (well "wilderness" as in an artificial environment engineer by SOTF, but lacking in accommodations such as housing or running water, etc.) or the total other way, where the setting is very, very artificial (Like inside a skyscraper but unlike TV3 there might be more... deliberate environmental hazards) to the point where the immersion is deliberately broken. One particular idea I've thought is like... a place that's very deliberately jolly, like a resort island with a bunch of cute bunnies or whatever, or a working amusement park. Another far-fetched one is one where the students are kind of... visible irl, less like a big glass dome or whatever and more like there's a mountain just outside the arena where you can get a telescope and watch lmao.

An opposite of season 10, where we do have weapons that aren't assigned (hidden everywhere, first come first serve), except!!! They're all very, very shitty.

It can be an individual or team idea but im thinking of more variation of what was given to the kids, i.e maybe certain kids or a certain team gets more of a certain resource or a specific benefit or drawback... I know im spitballing a team idea but still!!

Awards that are not BKA- sponsorships from, say, certain companies, maybe public polls on "the most likely to survive," "best fight scene," etc, idk.

SOTF but everybody has drugs. That's it.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

• Trap setting: The arena features multiple death traps hidden throughout, placed deliberately by producers. Think stuff ranging from spike pits, to bear traps, to Saw-esque door traps, to nonlethal cages, to anything you can imagine. Plenty of environmental kill ideas, especially for a creative player! Might be an IC attempt at cashing in on the liked aspects of S61 in its own way?
  • No assigned weapons: Exactly what the name suggests. Instead, players are asked to either find weapons hidden throughout the arena or improvise something.
CYBERS:
HARERAISER (Winter Castillo)
The synthwave bunnygirl programmer roller weeb!
Currently: Confused? Horrified?

SECOND CHANCES
Junko Kurosawa
Think Johnny Knoxville but a teenage girl.
Currently: Ridng a shopping cart (in-between threads)

Bella Bianchi
Ballet dancer with pressure.
Currently: In the student lounge
(Meanwhile in the past...)
Jilly
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Jilly »

my horribly thought out and likely badly executed idea is doing, like:

- everyone starts out with rather meager supplies, maybe no weapons too or no really "good" ones in the context of normal SOTF
- everyone also starts out with a set amount of SOTF Funbucks (or SOTFCoin because idk crypto or whatever), denominated in bills with past contestents' likenesses on them such as Jewel Evans
- at the very start of the game and at specific intervals (say, for half an hour after each announcement), the contestants are allowed to "shop" for more supplies or even weapons and ammo, the catch being that prices fluctuate through the course of the game but tend to hyperinflate as the game goes on
- people are allowed to pool funds together, and are in fact encouraged though take that for what you will
- something something says a lot about society and capitalism
Dogs231
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Dogs231 »

SOTF-TV Season Sixty-Eight - Television Debut:

I would like to suggest a thread similar to that of The Program Version 3 Prologue's A Beginning... thread, taking place during the casting of the show. I think it would be helpful for people who may not otherwise have a good opportunity to outline their character's casting for the show.
[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
Appearance Tracker

O18: Alexander "Lex" Latimer - "You've got something to go home to, right? Then it's yours."
Assigned Weapon: Pistol Auto 9mm 1A, Pistol Auto 9mm 1A
Location: He prepared for the end in The Mysterious Circle - United by the Moment.
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

SOTF: Cyber
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE]

A01: Solana "Sunny" Lucero Estelle - "—maybe I'll die. But, you know, united we stand, united we fall. Something like that, anyway. If I'm going, well, I'm going down swinging."
Designated Weapon: W-7 — Gold Silverware Set
Designated Utility: U-26 — Surveillance System
Location: She met her match and lost the game in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1/1

A18: Daniel Arista - "It ain't right for a man, you know, to die on his knees." [Adopted from Cob]
Designated Weapon: W-27 — Tennis Racket
Designated Utility: U-18 — Non-Fungible Token (NFT)
Location: He played the game like he was told in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE]

Tyler Becerra - "We're all gonna make it."
Location: He's gambling with his life in The Stage - One Room Death Game.
In-Game History: 1
[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ES03: Cory Cartwright - "We can have power over the situation. We can defeat the game. We only need to figure out how."
Assigned Weapon: Diving Knife
Location: He was out of his depth in Jetties: Central - Armageddon Game. [47/81]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

S015: Noah Davis - "We're alive, and that means we still have a chance to set things right."
Gift: Finger Guns
Location: He tried his best, but came up short in The Flatlands - Pale Rider. [19/43]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

B15: Shūya Nanahara - "Well, now, I'm no hero, that's understood..."
Assigned Weapon: Icepick, the Power of Rock Music!
Location: He refused to play by the rules in In-Between - The Worst Game in History. [10/42].
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
[+] CONCEPTS
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V3

Liam Black is one sick puppy - "No more rain, where's the sunshine when you need it?"
Austin White is always right - "I would very much like to see you prove me wrong."
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V4

Josh Goodman is living the dream - "For a mad scientist, imagination is the greatest weapon."
[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

Tamarisk Allen is a dead ringer - "We're friends, and friends stay together to the end, right?"
Stryker Williams is the best around - "Now, I'm going to take my first step towards greatness."
Blake Killam is made for this - "This show has been my life, from start to finish."
[+] SOTF-TV V4

Richard de la Cruz is determined to win - "Watch as I do something unimaginable."
Evan Gemstone is ready to die on this hill - "I'll send this whole structure crashing down."
[+] SOTF-U V2

Alex Wituk is vibrating with motion - "I don't know what came over me, but I was on fire with anger!"
[+] SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2

Kim Song is under watch - "두렵더라도 강해져야 합니다."
[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

Adam Ka'uhane is forgotten - "Nobody will remember me when I'm gone."
[+] OTHER

Caius Jones is a doomsayer - "The signs are clear; the end is nigh!"
Maxwell Verity is telling the truth - "Life is an equation, and numbers don't lie."
Aiden Chase is speedrunning life - "It's simple, just beat the clock."
[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

B001: Jason Dagon - "They say it's hard taking a life; they're wrong. It's the easiest thing in the world."
Assigned Weapon: IWI UZI
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

A ‘retro’ version where nobody has collars (but something else to keep them in) and has a retro style to it

A ‘cruelty free’ version where no weapons or clothes are made out of animals or the production hurt the animals, and all the food is vegan

A ‘two side’ version where the arena is locked in two sides of the map, and at mid point, the two side of maps are combined as one

We talked about this but all gun or all melee version.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

• Arena has multiple secret passages: Exactly as the title suggests, there are multiple hidden tunnels, doors, and so on located throughout the arena. Would provide plenty of unique strategies, especially for stealth kills. Maybe combine with the aforementioned 'death trap' arena idea? If it's a building, maybe a lawyer-friendly thing clearly inspired by The Winchester Mystery House (another link), where there's stuff like doors and stairs that lead nowhere as well?
CYBERS:
HARERAISER (Winter Castillo)
The synthwave bunnygirl programmer roller weeb!
Currently: Confused? Horrified?

SECOND CHANCES
Junko Kurosawa
Think Johnny Knoxville but a teenage girl.
Currently: Ridng a shopping cart (in-between threads)

Bella Bianchi
Ballet dancer with pressure.
Currently: In the student lounge
(Meanwhile in the past...)
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Some arena ideas:

- A Zoo

- A Mall (I know that already happened in the lore, but I think it would be fun to actually roleplay)

- An Airport

- A Ghost Town
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

An idea I've thrown about a couple of times on the Discord is an 'innawoods' version. Take a bunch of kids from like, New York or Los Angeles or somewhere, rich privileged kids who haven't done much survivalism or hiking or shit like that, and then throw them straight into the woods, with nothing but maybe a day or two of supplies and a map. It'd be an interesting setting, with much more improvised and brutal kills, and I think it would have an interesting atmosphere as well.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
Wham Yubeesling
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

i want a hedge maze
[+] The Present
Image Image

SC3:
???: Jeremy Frasier — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | Present:
THEME: Jim's Big Ego — Stress

B02: Maxwell Lombardi — “Then I'll beat them again. Simple as that.” — 100%/0%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: SPAS-12 Shotgun, Trident, Colt .357 King Cobra, Meat Cleaver
SCDos — |
SCTres —
THEME: Eminem — The Way I Am
[+] The Past
ImageImageImage Image Image

BRAU2:
B11: Hiroki Sugimura — "Listen, Kayoko, I lov-” — 10%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Shamisen
BRAU2 —

INTL:
O07: Jaxon Chen (Adopted from Tapey!) — "You- started- this-" — 55%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Poison Ivy Gloves, Smoke Bomb, Crutch
INTL —

PV3:
F01: Michelle White — "Because if you can forgive me, then… then maybe I can try to forgive myself. Amen." — 68%
Kills: 1 | Equipped with: Ghille Suit, Combat Knife w/ Sniper Scope, Speargun
SANDBOX — Past: N/A | Present:
PV3 —
THEME: Tommy Körberg — Anthem

Supers:
S034: Isabella Lugosi — "Stay. Away. Stay- away-" — 32%
Kills: 1 | Equipped with: Phenomena
Supers — Memories: N/A | Game: 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦
THEME: John Carpenter — From The Fire

TV2:
SP5: Michael Robinson (Adopted from Polybius!) — "Oh shit." — 77%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Large Fishing Net
SANDBOX: N/A
TV2 — 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

TV3:
BC08: Marion Rosales — "Doesn't- matter if it works or not. You get- a chance to try." — 27%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Decorative Mareon Rosalales Nameplate
SANDBOX — Past: | Present: | 𓅓
TV3 — 𓅓
THEME: Dessa — Ride

SS01: Verity Stewart — "Fucking owned-" — 98%
Kills: 6 | Equipped with: Heckler & Koch P11, Harpoon
SANDBOX — Past: | Present:
TV3 —
THEME: Those Poor Bastards — Crooked Man

SC2:
G25: Jasmine King — "I win." — 32%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Colt Single Action Army, Hunga Munga
SCDos —
THEME: QZ Productions — My Mistress' Will
[+] Beyond

PV3 Prologue:
M35: Buddy Underwood — "So... what, we creatin' some kinda Dogtown?" — 62%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Sledgehammer
BEFORE — Past: N/A | Present: N/A
PV3 Prologue — 1 2 3 4 5
THEME — ???
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Waldo Woodrow — The Best Friend — "Yo! Bro! Check out this shark I caught!"
Warion Roux — The Bumblebee — "Homme qui regarde même les signatures en notre année 2022?"
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

same but instead a corn maze
AnimeNerd
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by AnimeNerd »

Some things I can't help but some up with:

-Season where the kids kids are taken from a state not seen before (maybe Alaska or Hawaii) and put in an area that's radically different from what they're used to.
-Probably complicated, but maybe an entire season set on a plane that's mostly in the air for the season? Smaller cast so it's not as crowded, parachutes being hidden somewhere for escape if anyone gets their collars off, maybe even some time limits similar to something from The Belko Experiment, AKA kill a certain number of people by this time or we'll kill double that number, something like that.
-Inspired by Discord stuff: Gimmicky season where, after discovering a flaw in a new collar design that causes it to explode in safe zones rather than danger zones, SOTF-TV decides to have a season separated in two parts. Half the kids have a normal collar while the other half get the Bizarro collar, and those that have the Bizarro collar are in the half of the that's immediately danger zoned. From then on it's basically two seasons in one, as the kids on one side can't really interact much with kids on the other side, though maybe some potential to get something interesting from that.
-Season where every kid is brought in with one (1) family member (siblings, cousins, maybe the odd uncle/aunt with a niece/nephew) and, if the last two left are related, they both get to live

I'll probably think of more as time goes on, but these are the ones I currently have for consideration at the moment
[+] The Living
Joel Foster is having a reunion while it's time to call the police
Megumi Eto is wishing she could GTFO
[+] The Dead
RJ Blackburn was axed a question in The Jarvis Method
Jasper Suárez-King was silenced in When Betting On High Card Pays Off
Jia Li Qiáo took a tumble off in Rouge Angles of Satin
[+] The Future
Colton "Colt" Smirnov is ready to aim and fire
Roselia Watson is trying to run away from it all
Titania Zabelle is going to show the world her talent
Maud Sparrow Jr. is already painting her own portrait
Aqua Elle is a literal spitfire when you think about it
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by The Honeless Beard »

I would like to move that we change the official title from "TV Minor" to "TV Spinoff". I have three points to support this.

1) The only real connotation of 'minor' is in sports (major leagues vs minor leagues) and it's not super applicable to television as a concept. Spinoffs, meanwhile, is a very recognized term in television and fits more thematically.

2) Calling them TV Minors seems like we're calling them inferior, where calling them Spinoffs means they can be the Frasier to TV's Cheers. Both very successful and universally loved.

3) It sounds too close to TV Miners, which is my own special TV version where everyone gets chosen to play as long as they're working on some form of mining - be it deep sea or standard coal. I cannot have my patents taken.
Namira

Post by Namira »

okay but sotf on an oil rig though.

Return to “TV Planning/Discussion”