United by the Moment

SOTF: International - Endgame

On the northernmost cliffs of the island, just outside a rainforest clearing consisting of small, nondescript huts, there stands a large, multi-layered circle consisting of small local statues, local symbols, and other assorted items believed to have belonged to shamans of a distant past. However, unlike every other area of the island, this area shows signs of recent touch - faint drag marks surround each statue, and the grass beneath them does not match the grass anywhere else on the island, as though the ground was recently excavated, then planted with grass not native to the region. However, if one were to travel any further north of the circle, they would find that there does exist something native to the island - a long, steep drop onto sharp jagged rocks, sticking out of the ocean.

Moderator: SOTF International Staff

Skraal
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by Skraal »

Clara let go of Lex's arm as he spoke. She had to admit that she wasn't an expert on this sort of situation. Real life never worked like it did in the movies, and the one time she had seen someone get shot, it was over in an instant. The fact that Lex could still talk was a good sign, but she wasn't going to fool herself into thinking that this still wasn't a catastrophically bad injury.

The guy she had shot, Caleb... he had been going around with a partner too. Did he also had to go through something like this? She didn't know the circumstances, or even the girl's name, but the image of Caleb watching the person who he travelling with bleed out in front of him seemed uncannily similar to what was taking place in front of Clara's own eyes. Sure, they were terrible people, but with how their conflict had ended, Clara couldn't shake the thought that this was some sort of cosmic judgment, or karma, or whatever you could call it.

Regardless, there was no time to think about that now. Clara took a deep breath and looked up at Lex, trying her best to hide the fear she was feeling. She knew that it was a futile effort, but she owed it to Lex to do her best to not freak him out any more than necessary in what probably were his final moments on Earth. A few moments passed before she gave her reply with as steady a voice she could manage, the lie in her words no less obvious than the one in his.

"Yeah, I know you will. I'm listening, just try not to push yourself too much, ok?"
[+] Characters
The Program V2
Josephine "Josie" Luu - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 2
Søren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED

Second Chances 2
Soren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED
Cody Jenkins - Current Status: DECEASED

The Program V3
Samuel Rosen - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 3
Luciano Ascencio (adopted from UnmaskedMountain) - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF International
Clara Micallef - Current Status: In Thread

SOTF Supers
Mei-Ling "Emily" Chou - Current Status: DECEASED

New Battle Royale AU
Yuko Sakaki - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF Cyber
Nicholas Cameron - Current Status: In Thread
Dogs231
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Dogs231 »

He glanced around and opened his mouth slightly; he held it like that for a moment.

He remembered what she'd said before; about her family, that café in Malta, all the other little things. He thought that was worth it, worth living, worth dying.

"I want you to win," he muttered, "I want you to live and make it mean something."

He knew it wasn't a distinction without a difference. He knew that survival and victory weren't always the same.

He turned his head and stared out at the ocean waves. He thought that the sun would soon sink below the sea.

"You've got something to go home to, right?" he murmured, quieter and softer than before, "Then it's yours."

One last time, he ran the numbers; he just wanted to hear them again, think them over before he went.

He knew that there were five people.

He knew that four people had to die.

He knew that there were three other people.

He knew there were two of them.

He knew that only one person could win.

-----

Lex was okay with that.

He had always been okay with that.
[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
Appearance Tracker

O18: Alexander "Lex" Latimer - "You've got something to go home to, right? Then it's yours."
Assigned Weapon: Pistol Auto 9mm 1A, Pistol Auto 9mm 1A
Location: He prepared for the end in The Mysterious Circle - United by the Moment.
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

SOTF: Cyber
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE]

A01: Solana "Sunny" Lucero Estelle - "—maybe I'll die. But, you know, united we stand, united we fall. Something like that, anyway. If I'm going, well, I'm going down swinging."
Designated Weapon: W-7 — Gold Silverware Set
Designated Utility: U-26 — Surveillance System
Location: She met her match and lost the game in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1/1

A18: Daniel Arista - "It ain't right for a man, you know, to die on his knees." [Adopted from Cob]
Designated Weapon: W-27 — Tennis Racket
Designated Utility: U-18 — Non-Fungible Token (NFT)
Location: He played the game like he was told in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE]

Tyler Becerra - "We're all gonna make it."
Location: He's gambling with his life in The Stage - One Room Death Game.
In-Game History: 1
[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ES03: Cory Cartwright - "We can have power over the situation. We can defeat the game. We only need to figure out how."
Assigned Weapon: Diving Knife
Location: He was out of his depth in Jetties: Central - Armageddon Game. [47/81]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

S015: Noah Davis - "We're alive, and that means we still have a chance to set things right."
Gift: Finger Guns
Location: He tried his best, but came up short in The Flatlands - Pale Rider. [19/43]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

B15: Shūya Nanahara - "Well, now, I'm no hero, that's understood..."
Assigned Weapon: Icepick, the Power of Rock Music!
Location: He refused to play by the rules in In-Between - The Worst Game in History. [10/42].
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
[+] CONCEPTS
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V3

Liam Black is one sick puppy - "No more rain, where's the sunshine when you need it?"
Austin White is always right - "I would very much like to see you prove me wrong."
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V4

Josh Goodman is living the dream - "For a mad scientist, imagination is the greatest weapon."
[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

Tamarisk Allen is a dead ringer - "We're friends, and friends stay together to the end, right?"
Stryker Williams is the best around - "Now, I'm going to take my first step towards greatness."
Blake Killam is made for this - "This show has been my life, from start to finish."
[+] SOTF-TV V4

Richard de la Cruz is determined to win - "Watch as I do something unimaginable."
Evan Gemstone is ready to die on this hill - "I'll send this whole structure crashing down."
[+] SOTF-U V2

Alex Wituk is vibrating with motion - "I don't know what came over me, but I was on fire with anger!"
[+] SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2

Kim Song is under watch - "두렵더라도 강해져야 합니다."
[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

Adam Ka'uhane is forgotten - "Nobody will remember me when I'm gone."
[+] OTHER

Caius Jones is a doomsayer - "The signs are clear; the end is nigh!"
Maxwell Verity is telling the truth - "Life is an equation, and numbers don't lie."
Aiden Chase is speedrunning life - "It's simple, just beat the clock."
[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

B001: Jason Dagon - "They say it's hard taking a life; they're wrong. It's the easiest thing in the world."
Assigned Weapon: IWI UZI
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Clara said nothing, watching silently as Lex faded away. She wanted to shake him and tell him to snap out of it, that he was going to be okay, but in the end, it was obvious that doing that was pointless. No matter how much she wished otherwise, there was no way he could have survived a wound like that, and she wasn't going to give the people watching the proceedings the satisfaction of bearing witness to her having a meltdown. Lex wouldn't have wanted it either; he had always been the logical one, after all.

Even with all that in mind, it was hard for her to keep her composure. Tears burned her eyes as she watched the growing pool of blood around the body which lay limply stretched out on front of her. Over the past few days, Clara had almost come to take it for granted that Lex was always around. No matter what new horrible shit was going on, he had always been that one point of stability, something that was always present despite the unfamiliar situation. Despite the short time they had been acquainted, their reliance on each other throughout all of this had made Lex seem like a closer friend than anyone she had known back home. To have that ripped away so suddenly without any real chance to say goodbye... it just felt unfair.

A chilly breeze rushed by, dragging Clara back out of her thoughts and reminding her of the danger that she was still in. Lex had sacrificed himself so that she could live, and the worst thing she could do know was to waste his effort by wallowing in self-pity and regret while his killer was still on the loose. She raised an arm to wipe her eyes and gave a sniff before looking back at him one last time. Speaking softly, she patted him on the arm with one hand as she removed his gun with the other.

"I'm sorry."
[+] Characters
The Program V2

SOTF-TV 2

Second Chances 2

The Program V3

SOTF-TV 3

SOTF International

SOTF Supers

New Battle Royale AU

SOTF Cyber
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

It shouldn’t have taken Jen as long as it did to realize what was happening to Alexander. At first, she had almost reflexively thought of the wound as something that could be dealt with, a matter that could be put off along with its source until Ajay had been dealt with.

But as Alexander tried to speak, the way he slid down against one of the stones, the way he bled, it became abundantly clear that this was far more serious than she’d first thought, or perhaps had first hoped.

She continued to scan the treeline for any signs of movement, while always keeping the duo that was held up with her in the corners of her vision. What was Jen meant to do? If things really were as bad as they seemed, it was doubtful she’d handle things much better than Clara could. Jen had only picked up so much of what Leander told her about dealing with her own wounds.

It wasn’t long before her suspicions proved correct.

“I… C-Clara, I’m sorry.” Jen called to the other girl, finally managing to speak again.

“I-I… please just keep down. Y-You… I- We need to keep one focus at, um, at a time.” She tried to explain some sort of strategy, stumbling over words as she made the attempt. The act was an odd fit for her, but something in the way Clara looked as she picked up Alexander’s weapon gnawed at her.

“Please.” Her voice lowered a bit, not sure what she was asking as she spoke.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Ajay lowered his gun, watching the chaos unfold. Seychelle comes to the rescue, doing what she does best. The group was panicked now, they lost a member and they’d taken fire from all sides. They don’t know who’s hitting them from where.

Right now where they were huddled up, Ajay had a clear line of sight on them. He could waste them both reliably if he had his scope. Unfortunately that fucker Jen blew it off so, she still gets to live for a few more minutes.

He could shoot at them. Hell, he really wanted to, but he knew what happened when he rushed before. He only lost his scope, but it could’ve been a lot more.

Ajay pulled the bolt back, tried counting the rounds like an fps character. The bullet clattered out of the chamber, and Ajay could only see two or three deep in the magazine anyways.

“Bliksem.” He muttered, racking one round in the chamber as he picked up the spare bullet. Holding it in his free hand, Ajay unzipped his belt bag, and fumbled around inside. Only three rounds left, four including his hand, four at most, more than likely three in the gun. He took the mag out, fitting the other four rounds in. Looked like two in the mag beforehand, so that makes six in the magazine, one in the chamber. Lucky number seven.

Seven chances not to fuck this up. Ajay realized he’d rather Seychelle do the hard work. He’d just take out who won.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

And she was also considering it.

The bullet in her stomach slowed her and her thinking down. It was broken in thousand of small pieces, engraved in the form of a spiral in her abdomen. Blood seeped through her shirt, her dirty shirt, and with a quick worried glance to a camera, there was a show of emotion from her. Her face was twisted in fear; the same face she made while she was being strangled.

Her neck beeped once and then twice. And then she whispered a swear word, her throat almost ripping itself from saying it.

She dripped blood in the forest, staining the trees and the leafs. A quick shot of darkness veiled her vision, causing her hit herself against the obstacles in her way as her neck started to beep more and more. The beeping was deafened, however, by the drumming in her ear drums. She was hearing nothing and seeing nothing as she ran through the woods, hoping to going in the right direction.

And then, darkness and silence.

She hoped she had reached the center.
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Clara's head whipped around to face to source of the noise, the rest of her body quickly following suit. She stared forward for a moment, her eyes unfocused, before finally managing to force out a reply.

"What?"

She honestly wasn't sure what Jen was asking of her, but whatever it was, it seemed pretty stupid. It wasn't like keeping their voices down would be of much help - whoever was attacking them clearly knew where they were, and it was only a matter of time before the shooting began again, no matter what they did. Her sadness soon began to give way to a growing frustration as she snapped at her remaining ally, not really caring about how loud she was or who was listening.

"What do you mean, focus? On not getting shot? I don't know what kind of plan you have in mind, because whatever we've been doing so far clearly isn't working, and I'm not about to just sit here quietly waiting for whoever that was to close in and finish us off."
[+] Characters
The Program V2

SOTF-TV 2

Second Chances 2

The Program V3

SOTF-TV 3

SOTF International

SOTF Supers

New Battle Royale AU

SOTF Cyber
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Clara didn’t take Jen’s words well, and she should’ve expected that. Of course she didn’t take it well, but the situation was dire and everything seemed to be going wrong. They needed to remain focused, careful.

“I-I’m sorry, alright? I’m sorry Alexander is dead, but we… we need to keep low. Just running out in the open is going to get shot. We need to keep safe and focus on dealing with Ajay!” Jen’s own words became sharp and defensive as she went on, but the situation was tense, and it wasn’t like Clara was bothering to keep quiet.

Jen hadn’t seen the source of the shot, but she was certain that it was Ajay again, just like it always was. He’d ripped through the lives of two others right in front of her, so what was one more?

“Just… please, listen to me.” Her voice shifted to a low hiss as she felt a throb of pain through her skull and her hand quickly grabbed at the side of her bandaged head.
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Jen's whispers buzzed through the air, barely registering in Clara's head. She could feel the frustration giving was to anger. This was ridiculous. It wasn't safe outside the circle, yeah, but it wasn't much better inside either. They had blindly assumed that there was safety behind these stone carvings, and Lex had paid for it with his life. Clara spoke again, slightly lowering her volume, though the undertone of anger remained.

"Deal with Ajay how? By waiting until he shows up and finds us here, like... like..."

Clara paused for a moment, her years of English classes suddenly failing her as she struggled to remember the idiom that she was grasping for. Unable to recall the phrase, she dropped it and continued her rant.

"...Okay, anyway, the point is, waiting here for a direct fight is not going to work. They can move around, go wherever they want, and we're just stuck here while they can home from any direction. We need to get the drop on them if we want to live."

Besides... the gunshots that Clara had heard came from a completely different direction than one this Ajay had been firing from. Either he had moved a lot closer, or their other opponent was closing in on them as well. Time was running out.

She sighed, her eyes wandering over to the closest part of the treeline to the circle. There wasn't much time for her to do this, and besides, taking a second person along wasn't exactly great for stealth anyway. She gave one last look at Lex before looking back up at Jen, not waiting for a response.

"Whatever. You do what you want. Seeya."

And with that, she abandoned Lex for the final time and sprinted off towards the nearby woods, praying that her countless hours of running up and down the football field were enough to carry her across the gap.
[+] Characters
The Program V2

SOTF-TV 2

Second Chances 2

The Program V3

SOTF-TV 3

SOTF International

SOTF Supers

New Battle Royale AU

SOTF Cyber
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

It was happening again, wasn’t it? Jen’s thoughts returned to the previous day, to Leander swearing he’d seen “Adrian,” saying he’d handle things and leaving her, only to be run through moments later when she could’ve done something.

Jen had been wrong then, too slow to act, too hesitant to take charge. Clara was insistent on running off into the outer parts of the circle, into an unknown where two killers laid in wait, ready to shoot that girl just like they had Alexander. That wouldn’t happen again, it couldn’t happen again.

Gritting her teeth, Jen rose from her lowered position as quickly as she could manage, pain shooting down her bad leg as she took a step to follow Clara’s retreat. Then, she called out.

“Wait–!”
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

A round from Ajay’s AWP struck the dirt near Jen.

They were splitting up again.

Or; Ajay was making them split up again.

“Not today, doll!” He called out. He thought about this. At first he thought Seychelle could do it for him. But what if she couldn’t? Then it’d be a 2v1 once she went, with Ajay having the disadvantage of low ammo, low fire rate, and a gun with a fucked scope. He didn’t like those odds.

Plus, he liked Jen a lot less. Philia should’ve been here. She wasn’t because of Jen. At least Ajay’d have a backup here, wouldn’t be alone. But, this motherfu-

“Come oooon! I’m over heeeere!” He shouted, as he shot another round.

Ajay thought, y’know fuck it. Seychelle could handle the girl with no blood on her hands, easy peasy, but Jen? Shit, Jen was a lot like Ajay in ways. She knew when the opportunity arises, and she knew when to disappear.

… She knew how to use her allies like shields, too.

Unlike Ajay, Jen was a good hunter, but unlike Jen, Ajay was a good runner. They’d been playing this cat and mouse game the entire time he’d been here it felt like. Ever since she sent that little school boy after him, ever since she made him a killer. Ever since her and that pink haired cunt wasted Philia.

Ajay realized he was getting worked up. He was mad, he knew why.

He was disgusted. Disgusted in Jen, the fucking coward. Disgusted in himself, for the same reasons. Sure, Philia chose her last actions but…

Philia was never going to make it. The good ones just don’t. Not here, not home. Just scum and rats. He’d learned that lesson too many times. He wanted to drop it but, he couldn’t. He couldn’t change what happen. Philia chose this. She was okay with dying for him. Ajay would never understand why. He got up from his spot and began running back into the tree lines. He didn’t have to hope Jen would’ve followed. He knew.

The least he could do though, was make sure Philia’s choice meant something in the end. Even if she never had a chance at making it, at least she chose to die for something, unlike those tools that followed Jen, right?

Ajay skidded to a halt behind a thicker looking tree. He didn’t have much time to think before he turned around and aimed his rifle back at the path behind him. He’d waste Jen here, and then whoever’s left.

”Kom jou kont”. He’d take aim as best he could considering the circumstances. He couldn’t help but grin ear to ear. His heart was pounding.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Jen nearly fell over as another gunshot rang out. She was certain that Ajay had landed another hit, half expecting Clara to collapse in front of her, but Clara kept on running and Jen was still standing.

Then, Ajay shouted something and she turned to face his position. He was taunting her, acting like this was some sick joke. They were all commanded to kill each other, and Ajay really was going to treat it like a game. An anger boiled in her then, a sense of indignation. This boy had killed two people, two of her allies, and he still had the gall to act like a child.

There was little time for Jen to stew in those feelings, though, as Ajay moved to take another shot and she was forced to quickly duck for cover again.

That settled things. Jen now knew where Ajay was and she couldn’t go after Clara until he was dealt with. There was a pang of guilt at the idea of leaving the other girl to her own devices, presumably against Seychelle who had killed so many, but she would help her once Ajay was dealt with.

Jen would finish this, for Leander, for Austin, even for Katherine. She would put an end to this.

As she poked her head back out, she saw Ajay running deeper into the forest, and with a hiss and a grunt, Jen moved to pursue, forced to move at a more measured pace. However, as soon as she reached the trees herself, Ajay darted for cover and she was forced to do the same behind a less-than-sturdy looking tree.

“Come on… come on, you can do this.” She whispered, gripping her rifle tighter, holding it close to her chest.
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Her collar had stopped entirely.

Vision returned to her sight, the darkness lifting slowly. She had her back against one of the statue, one hand pressed against her stomach, and the other holding her gun. Her breathing was stuttered and painful. Everything around her was spinning, and she even found herself hearing things that weren't there. She was at the camp from last night, the ashes and soot at her feet, and a dead body next to her.

Her hands went to her gun.

The reloading was a process that she knew. She put each bullets, one by one into the magazine, her fingers shaking. She dropped a bullet, then a second one, then a third.

If she could speak, she'd say 'come on, come on'. She looked around, fumbling with her bloodied fingers. She hoped that the body wasn't going to rise up. She hoped that nobody was looking at her. She hoped that the next person she'd see would die before her.
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Clara soon reached the treeline, ducking into the cover just as the sound of gunshots echoed through the air yet again. She leaned up against a tree, holding her gun to her chest as she looked to the left, and to the right, trying to figure out her next move. Nobody seemed to be here, at least as far as she could tell, leaving her with no other option than to continue into the shade. Well, there also was the option to walk out into the open and get shot, but it went without saying that she had no interest in chasing that outcome.

Taking a deep breath, she strode forward into the trees, breathing as quietly as possible. There were two dangers running around here, a boy and a girl, both people who she had never met but who seemed intent on putting her in the ground as fast as possible. To be fair, she was also of the same mind, but that was different. They started it, after all, killing the only friend she had on this horrible island. Clara wasn't sure which of them had done it, but in the end, it didn't really matter. She was sure that running into either of them would have the same outcome.

It wasn't long before her path took a turn, and another, wandering through the seemingly endless sea of trees in search of her assailant, with no success. She wasn't even sure where she was going at this point. Lex had always been the one with the plans, she was more of the action type. Perhaps if she had stopped and thought this through better, this search would be more successful. Just about as she was finally about to admit that she was lost, the edge of the forest came back into view, leading her to the edge of the clearing yet again. Getting as close as she could without leaving the safety of the shadows, she looked out towards the stone circle yet again, staring at it from a new angle.

She could see someone in there, and more importantly, even from this distance, she could tell that it wasn't Jen.
[+] Characters
The Program V2

SOTF-TV 2

Second Chances 2

The Program V3

SOTF-TV 3

SOTF International

SOTF Supers

New Battle Royale AU

SOTF Cyber
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Come on, come on you fucker!” Ajay had to be the one to make the first move this time. With each shot followed suppression. Whoever got the closest got the momentum. Whoever kept it and owned it got the win. That was the only way Ajay could beat Jen.

She makes the first move, then he takes the first shot. That was how it had to be if he wanted a chance at this. Even then he was on the right path.

He’d found his tree first. Lined up his shot first. Got his eyes on the target first. Ajay had the momentum, all he had to do was take the shot. All he needed was to see Jen. All he could hope for was to hit.

“Come on, show yourself… Nobody left to hide behind, just me and you.”

Return to “The Mysterious Circle”