Establishing Shot

Starting Point for PNK1 (Open)

Everything else on the island, these grassy, well kept lands are a popular camping area for many a tourist too fearful to brave the rain forest, or too inexperienced to rough it in the Forest. There are certain areas marked off for camping, but for the most part these fields and plains are just there to get from point A to point B, in the most relaxing and enjoyable way possible.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

After satisfying her thirst and hunger, Amber returned all her belongings to her bag and slung it over her shoulder, retrieving her spear from the floor and holding it upright as she got back onto her feet.

As she stood there, clutching her spear tightly as she looked over her companions, the young girl felt strangely optimistic all of a sudden. As if she suddenly knew for a fact that things from now on could only get better. She felt rejuvenated, almost even EXCITED. As if she could suddenly take on the whole world alongside her own personal bodyguards friends. Here she was, Amber Lyons, on the most dangerous island in the entire world! Surrounded on all sides by potential enemies, both unknown and from her very own school!

But, unlike some people, Amber wouldn't give up. She'd find a way to survive, find a way to escape the island unharmed alongside her friends and loved ones. And whilst it was inevitable that there would be some tragedy in the near future, seeing as there would be no way that she'd be able to save ALL her friends, deep down Amber knew that she'll be able to make it in the end. She had what it took to survive, and she already had several assured allies just waiting to be found. And who knows, maybe there IS a chance that they'll be able to find someone who knew a way they could all escape the island without playing. Sure, it was unlikely, but that didn't mean it was impossible!

First things first though, they needed to reunite with the others. Formulate a much bigger group, one that would consist of all her closest friends who'd found themselves on this island like Anna and Eloise. But for that to happen, they needed to quickly get a move on before it got dark.

"Well, what're we waiting for? C'mon, lets go!" She said excitedly, taking a couple of steps in the general direction of the woods.

They had barely left the campsite when Bobby decided to share with them the fact that his assigned "weapon" happened to be a shopping cart. If anyone else had said that, Amber would have probably burst out laughing right there on the spot. But, seeing as this was Bobby, she knew for a fact that laughing at his misfortune would have been a particularly mean thing to do. That being said, she couldn't help but let out brief giggle before her light-hearted expression changed to one more appropriately concerned.

He then began to show off the poles he had acquired as makeshift bludgeons, before going on to ask if a trade would be out of the question. As much as Amber wanted to help him out, a part of her knew that giving up her spear for a metal pole was probably not the smartest thing to do right now. Besides, her weapon would make for a lousy replacement anyway. Bobby would be much better off just sticking to the poles whilst she kept the relatively weak spear...

...At least, that's what she told herself anyway.

"Well... I would love swap with you, Bobby, but to be truly honest I think you've got a much better weapon than me anyway." she replied, letting out a light chuckle as she did so. "I mean, you could probably do a lot more damage just waving those things around if you ask me. One good smack on the head with one of them could probably knock someone out cold... Well, at least I THINK it would....."

She paused for a second to let her companions reply to Bobby's offer, waiting patiently for each them to finish speaking before she finally opened her mouth again.

"Aaanyway, we can properly talk about this on the way. C'mon guys, lets get going! Ladies first!" she said playfully, motioning everyone to follow her.

And, on that note, Amber and the others finally moved on, leaving the campsite far behind them. Walking alongside one another as they slowly made their way towards the looming forest, certain that amongst the dark trees they would be able to reunite with their friends and loved ones.

All the while, there was one particular name in Amber's mind that stood out above all the others. One particular person whom the otherwise optimistic young girl was feeling particularly concerned about. A person who she desperatly prayed was on the same team as her more than anyone else she could think of...

...Despite the fact that, deep down, Amber had an awful feeling that she already knew the answer to that question.

((Amber Lyons continued in Friendly Fire))
Kicking Akamatsu in the face since 2010
Outfoxd

Post by Outfoxd »

And so the intrepid heroes embark on their journey, sure to be fraught with peril, comedy, and sadness. Airing on Fox, 10/9 Central, right after a new episode of the impossibly long-running animated series Family Guy!

So they were going to move. Anthony was happy about that. Standing around in the campsite made it feel like they weren't accomplishing anything. And he was a little impatient. He wanted to find Anna, more than anything. That girl was too loud to stay alive without him there balancing her out.

Bobby asked about trading weapons, and Anthony found himself clutching his sword a little bit tighter. Of course he didn't want to let it go. Considering how short the cameraman was, the blade was the only thing he had going for him. Not that he wasn't certain Bobby could have just kicked his ass and taken the sword anyway.

"Sorry, man. I don't have too many assets. I wanna keep the one good one that I have."

Amber was walking towards the word, and having answered Bobby, Anthony followed her.

((Anthony Rollins continued in Friendly Fire))
Acidic*

Post by Acidic* »

Bobby asking to trade weapons went over as expected, but Sterling was left wondering if he was included. Did Bobby want to trade weapons with him? He didn't say anything back at the lodge, or during their trek.

Sterling figured it was best to pretend not to hear him, but he couldn't help looking at his hatchet. It wasn't that bad a weapon, was it? Still not much compared to a gun, though. He shrugged and answered regardless it Bobby was asking him,

"I'm good too, man."

When Amber said it was time to go Sterling put the water bottle back in the bag and stood up. He grabbed the hatchet and bag before following.

((Sterling Odair continued in Friendly Fire))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Acidic. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
The Bearded One*

Post by The Bearded One* »

Amber giggled a bit when Bobby told them about his assigned 'weapon', but the other two did not react noticeably. None of the three of them answered favorably to his offer of a weapon trade.

"Well," said Amber, "I would love swap with you, Bobby, but to be truly honest I think you've got a much better weapon than me anyway."

Anthony almost looked pained. "Sorry, man. I don't have too many assets. I wanna keep the one good one that I have."

"I'm good too, man," Sterling added.

"That's cool," Bobby replied, unsmiling. I guess they don't trust me as much as I'd hoped they would. I wouldn't betray any of them, but these scavenged weapons are more for intimidation than for a real fight. I'm guessing any solid hit will break them into useless pieces. Oh well, let's hope that I don't have to swing more than three times before I get a better weapon.

In uncharacteristic silence, Bobby followed the others northward toward the Forest.

((Bobby Goldman continued in Friendly Fire))

((Thread closed))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler The Bearded One. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Open Plains”