End of the World Interest Check

Take a break from the toils of the SOTF ACT and relax in the tranquility of another roleplay. You decide what sort of roleplays appear here, be they AUs or something entirely different. You're only limited by your own imagination.
TheLordOfAwesome

End of the World Interest Check

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

Good evening (or morning/afternoon depending when you read this) folks! I'm looking for some people who'd be interested in playing a one shot campaign of an RPG known as The End of the World. The game is about the various ways the world can end, from zombies, to aliens, to rogue machines, to the divine, as the players are put into the role of the survivors that try not to die during humanity's last days. The apocalyptic scenario that will take place I want to keep under wraps as I want players to be as unprepared for when things pop off as their PCs.

I will provide a PDF of one of the books so people can familiarize themselves with the rules and how the game is played (all the books are basically the same), as well as a fillable PDF character sheet. Game will be run on Roll20, but we will talk through Discord. Now, the game is made in such a way that you play a self-insert version of yourself, but for the sake of convenience of structuring the story and not coming up with some contrived reason why you are all in the same place, I will not make that necessary and will allow players to play original characters. If should you wish to play as yourself, it can be a fictionalized version of yourself.

Tonally, I haven't decided. I'm hoping once I have my players narrowed down I'd let you all decide what you want. Be it a serious toned story or just a romp through the end times. Either way, I will be more than willing to accommodate what the people want.

No real idea when this game will be run, but my earliest possible dates are either the 29th or the 2nd. These are not hard dates however. The game will, however, be ran on one of my days off and I will be pretty flexible on what time it'll be played (incidentally, I'm under PST). Looking for, at minimum, three players.
backslash

Post by backslash »

I'm interested, just tentative on when I'll be available. My work schedule is changing a bit lately, so I'll have to see how things are looking when more people have responded and you're ready to run the game.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Oh I love me some apocalyptic hijinks. I’m down for the 29th.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Interested! Tho same as Zee; my current job ends this weekend and I'm moving cross country the 3rd and 4th, so lil up in the air schedulewise.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
TheLordOfAwesome

ItzToxie wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:38 am Oh I love me some apocalyptic hijinks. I’m down for the 29th.
Just keep in mind that it isn't a hard date, just one I'm willing to start as early as I can.
TheLordOfAwesome

Okay, so unfortunately those early start dates are not feasible anymore given that my work decided to completely alter my schedule last minute. So instead I'm gonna wait until more people show some potential interest so I can better organize a game.
TheLordOfAwesome

Hey, doing another interest check for this since we are coming into October and it is the month of spookiness! So if ya'll what to try it out in a one-shot campaign then let me know! I'm aiming for doing it on the 28th since that is the cloest date to Halloween I'd actually have off but I might do it on the 27th or the 29th depending on my schedule. I need at least a minimum of four people who'd like to play, and I have one person I personally know who has shown interest. So if you'd like to play through a romp during the apocalypse this Halloween season, let me know!

For those interested in playing I will likely invite you in a group chat on Discord and provide a source book so you may look it over.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

I am interested and can probably do it
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
TheLordOfAwesome

Anyone else interested? If I get two more people I can start planning properly.

Return to “Other Roleplaying”