taking art requests

Drawing your (and your friends') kids! Exactly what it sounds like.

Welcome to Artist's Alley! Within, our forum's aspiring artists can showcase their artwork -- be it drawings, sketches, poetry, writings, or any other creative works.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Gonna just do one this time because it is mine and the queue is still going, my TV3 girl, Gabriela Garcia-Campos
[+] Her appearance
Gabriela is a bit smaller than average, standing at 5’3” and having a relatively slim build, weighing 120 pounds, an appearance further emphasized by her frequently poor posture. Her black hair reaches her mid-back and is a poorly kempt mess of curls. Gabriela has Latin American heritage and her eyes and skin are light brown in tone. Her face is long and angular, punctuated by a long, pointed nose at its center.

Gabriela usually dresses for comfort with little regard for style, usually preferring casual, loose-fitting attire. On the day of casting, she was wearing a white t-shirt with the NASA logo emblazoned on the chest, black sweatpants, and white sneakers.
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

cha chas real smooth in to bring you 15 kids (including princess and megan)
http://imgur.com/a/Hi8XQ2P
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Just ahead of TV3, can I request Dale Hawthorne?
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

It's still "soon," right? ><

Anna looks awesome. I love the waviness to her hair; you have a sort of impressionist style going on here that seems a little different from your norm, in a cool way. I also dig the asymmetrical neckline of her shirt; it's a great detail and well-conveyed.

Holly looks quite proper and intense. You brought this nice serious quality to her eyes, which pairs well with her sideways-cast glance. I'm also impressed by your freckle work here; you've stepped it up in a very cool way, getting some variation in size and shape going while keeping it unobtrusive.

Medea seems so sweet. Her hands do a lot of the work there, giving her this great implied posture and emotion. I also enjoy how you've worked around their presence in terms of her accessories, making her necklace and the design on her shirt look natural even when to a decent degree obscured.

I'm pretty stoked to have the legendary Thom seen at last. You've done a great job here with a description that's more than a little bit off the wall, and it's super fun to see one of the wackier chapters of V1 honored like this. I like how you made all the hues work together, even when it's strange stuff like lilac hair and color-changing eyes.

And where would Thom be without Woody? Credit where it's due: having characters have visible but superficial injuries at the start of the game is underutilized, and you've done a super nice job portraying the bruising and light bandages of a goofy teen accident. I'm also wowed by both the layering of his shirt and the shape of his not-so-fashionable hat, both of which are depicted super well.

You did a nice job with Rob's scar, and also with his hair especially. I like the way it flows naturally but also has these points where it sticks out in little curls or spots of messiness. His expression is great too; I'm particularly fond of the one cocked eyebrow.

Jackie is wonderful too! He's a character I became pretty attached to during the V2 adventures, and you've really nailed the handsome, polished, slightly softly preppy vibe. I'm drawn particularly to the overlapping collars, which normally don't look quite so flattering as you've managed to make them.

I think I mentioned it in chat but the full-scene setup for Diego's killing of Camilla is wonderful. You picked a great perspective to capture it from, the perfect moment to hang on, and the execution (pun incidental ><) is top notch. I love the ambivalence on display in Diego's features, and I love that you have him carrying the emotional weight of the scene; the viewer sees Camilla only from behind, and is offered less insight into her thoughts and emotions. It's a really great piece and I'm wowed by just how well you pulled it together into a full scene. I think this is one of my favorites you've done.

Asa looks excellent and I always love seeing him get some more attention. I dig the contrast between the softer strokes for his hair and the firmer, more defined lines that make up his beard/stubble; it conveys differing textures super nicely. I also appreciate his glasses, and the way they faintly reflect/hide his eyes.

Taylor looks absolutely elegant. I think getting some more of his costume in frame was definitely the right call; you really capture the lacy, complicated nature of the dress, and the paired bow looks especially nice. Also, you have again done a really nice job with somebody's hand.

New Garnet looks so good. The loose strands of hair here are a bit different from your norm, in a good way; they work really well for such long hair. I also am especially wowed by the texture you've put into the fuzzy parts of her hat; I feel like if I reached out and touched it I know exactly how it'd feel.

Your take on Blaise's abduction outfit is also super good. I appreciate the details in jewelry and ornamentation, along with the color coordination between their vest and their hair. I also dig how you kept their features recognizable when compared to your other art of them, shifting mostly angle and style to give a different impression; it's really neat work.

The profile shot of Erika is wonderful, especially just how colorful she is. The focus on her pre-island ribbons and braids is excellent, and I'm amazed by how much detail you put into all the little loops and beads; there's a ton going on and you make it all cohesive and natural. Also, the shading on her piercing gives it such great roundness!

Gregg and Ali look so nice together! I hope they actually are in the story, too; I didn't quite catch their dynamic in V2. You did well with capturing a really affectionate pose for the pair, while giving each their own share of the spotlight too. I dig the splatters on Gregg's shirt, and the various highlights in Ali's hair.

Finally, please don't apologize for doing art of your own kids! You've put so, so much work into doing things for other people! ;-; Leah looks really great here. I love the hairclip, and also the framing; there's a certain ornateness to it that matches her slightly edgy, nervous vibe in a way that's hard to quite describe. You've again done great freckle work, and her turtleneck is a nice subtle detail but one I adore.

Oh, and actually for-real finally: Carmina too is super nice! I like how her shirt fades into the background, and I also love the headphones and how clunky and big they are. You did a great job with how they rest on her ears and blend into her hair.

You're super amazing for doing all of these, and I will comment on the rest soon also! I am always totally amazed by your talent. You rock. :)
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

If it’s not too late, can you draw my kids Ned and Yuki?
[+] V7
Mains
Image B018: Ned Jackson- That’s All Folks
Image G039: Yuki Hayashibara- Family is Forever
Image B034: Zachary Beck- Guess I’ll Die
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

It's not too late! Here's this batch and my queue's clear again :D

http://imgur.com/gallery/w6SVdb2
[+] v8 babies

Brackie

Post by Brackie »

I'd like to submit my single PV2 gal and my single TV2 gay for your artistic judgement
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Another V1 request, Umi Martin.
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Thanks so much! They look good. :D
[+] V7
Mains
Image B018: Ned Jackson- That’s All Folks
Image G039: Yuki Hayashibara- Family is Forever
Image B034: Zachary Beck- Guess I’ll Die
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Popping in to begin my V3 request kick with Keith Jackson and Melina Frost
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Hello! I am back to requesting V1 kids! I request Naoji Hideyoshi and Katherine Marks.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

aaaaaaa

http://imgur.com/a/DDmayKx

also julien, mizore n raidon
http://imgur.com/a/CcynfLd
[+] v8 babies

Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Could I please get a bit more V3 rep through Courtney Blaggé and Evan Angler?
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Continuing down the list, Sophie Maraschino and Ash Holmes.

Return to “Artist's Alley”