V7 Eighth Announcement

Fluff by Deamon; Announcement by Deamon and backslash

Here you can find all of the announcements made during V7, as well as the previews of the island before it was unveiled.
Deamon

V7 Eighth Announcement

Post by Deamon »

Saturday, June 16, 2018: INTERPOL Liaison Office, Bangkok, Thailand

"I can't stress enough how important it is that you attempt to trace that email. Yes, yes, I know it went through multiple proxies...look I get it. No. I don't care-Hey look, there's hundreds of lives at stake here! Just try and trace the email!" Rhea threw the phone down. "You fuck."

After roughly ten seconds her phone rang again.

"Hello, this is special agent Rhea Pillman. Uh-huh, yes, that's right Roanoke. I need all CCTV that has a view of the streets...yes I know it's a lot of cameras and footage. It's an international terrorism incident. Yeah, exactly. Alright, it's a bus coming in from Washington D.C., start at two in the morning. Your best off starting with anything that has a view of the 581, 460 and 11. Alright, yeah. Thanks, that's great. Keep me updated if anything turns up."

With a sigh, she leaned back in her chair and stared at the ceiling.

Ever since the email had come in things had been crazy, in a good way of course. She wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth. One of the Arthro Taskforce had sent them a tip-off with some details about an ongoing version of Survival of the Fittest. It was the biggest break they had ever received on the case and she was attempting to pursue every angle to get something out of it. She had already ruled out Art as a name, it didn't match with anyone they knew of within the organization and it was easily derived from the organizations' name itself.

The other details were all easy to verify as being legitimate, the exact times and method of the kidnapping were being kept away from the press and details about members of the group were even more limited. Josie Knight was a name that was new even to Rhea. She'd spent a good portion of Friday night putting in requests for everything she could find about the woman and had come up with a depressingly light file. A former hunter from Alaska who had been caught for poaching and given a lifetime ban, some drunken conduct and the accidental death of her father when she was young. She had gone missing in 2014, not long after her ban. From the report, her apartment had been cleaned out of her personal possessions and clothes so the investigators had assumed she had skipped town.

Rhea looked back down at her desk and at the three photos of an above-average height brown-haired woman. One of them was Josie's mugshot, the second security footage from her court hearing, while the third and final image was of the bus driver for the George Hunter High School Trip. It was a close enough match, she was sure it was the same woman as the one in the first two pictures. It was enough to verify Art's legitimacy to her but she was still trying to see if they could trace the email back to its source somehow, it would have cut out a lot of hassle for everyone. Unfortunately, she was being allowed an easy shortcut.

She stacked all her paperwork on Josie Knight and Shamino Warhen back into their folders and put them to one side. Then with a sigh she popped her earbuds in and started to compose a reply.

Monday, June 18, 2018: Undisclosed Location, 9 AM

As far as Tracen was concerned everything was turning out wonderfully. Sure, there were rumors of some sort of irregularity within their systems but that was in hand, and besides, everything on the island was humming along nicely. Students were killing, dying, vowing revenge and shedding tears over lost friends. Just like all the classes before them and many more in the future would. Between Greynolds and himself, they had fine-tuned the ship his father had captained reliably but erratically into a sleek and elegant machine. If Tracen was to look at things from the perspective of an objective observer he could make a case for the whole show nearly being able to run itself. But those were idle thoughts, for the time being he had a morning briefing to give to their current class. So he took his seat and cleared his throat before turning the microphone on.

“It's the beginning of a new week everyone! Unless you're one of those weird people that start their weeks with Sunday. But regardless, it is once again time for you to sit and listen to find out who you will never see again and who you need to watch out for. Not that this is mandatory. In fact, you could not listen, but that tends to be inadvisable."

Tracen paused and took a loud gulp of coffee followed by a satisfied sigh.

"Alright, let's get to it. We're starting off today with a couple of familiar faces, first up, Erika Stieglitz made sure Tonya Collins didn't have to wake up when she shot her in her sleep.

"Then Justin Greene shot Aliya Kimia Nemati after a brief chase. Probably a good thing too, our boy was looking tired.

"Lizzie Lebowski was next to go by selfishly taking her own life and preventing someone from getting a valuable kill, for shame."

Tracen gave a loud tut and shake of his head before continuing.

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ivy Langley stabbing Tirzah Foss in the eyes after a hell of fight. You'd have to see it to believe it."

He chuckled at his own awful joke, he knew it was terrible but he'd really wanted to include it. Luckily, he was the one who got to make those decisions.

"In a more quiet bit of murder, Theo Walterson was killed when Camilla Bell strangled the life out of him like a nasty weed."

Tracen pulled a face and scribbled a note next to the joke before continuing.

“Sorry about that brief delay. Anyway, where were we? Ah, yes! Blaise d'Aramitz had a lot of fun at Julien Leblanc's expense. Unfortunately, Julien forgot the safeword and that was the end of that.

"Next up we have perhaps our stinkiest death ever as Justin Greene beat Sean Leibowitz to death with a durian, and we thought giving someone that would be a lighthearted jape.

"After that, Lucas Diaz was shot by Erika Stieglitz after he took his eyes off the prize, which is a rookie mistake if we're being honest.

"And Jonah Heartgrave also got shot. The culprit this time was Michael Froese, who adds yet another mark to his tally.

"And finally, Willow O'Neal joined our new killers yesterday after she dug around in Sierra Cook's guts until Sierra expired. Interpret that however you want."

Tracen cleared his throat.

"I hope you remember what I said yesterday about danger zones because we're adding another one to the list today. The latest location that will make your collars become lethal is the Bay Area. The others are all staying blocked, so if you can't remember them then,"

Tracen shrugged.

"That's on you.

"Now we move onto what I'm sure is at least one person's favorite part of the day, and that is finding out who won our best prize award, yay!"

Tracen gave a small burst of applause.

"And today that is Camilla Bell, congratulations. Your meal of three mini lobster rolls, a bowl of potato salad and two liters of coke can be found in The Ruined Lighthouse. Be careful though, it's a little corpsey in there.

That's all from me today, I'll be back tomorrow morning to continue giving you updates so until then I want everyone to keep doing what they do best, bye now."

And with that Tracen clicked off the speakers.

DAY NINE: MONDAY, JUNE 18, 2018

Weather: The temperature on the island has dipped slightly from previous days and mercifully a breeze has returned to the more coastal areas. The temperature has highs of around 92 degrees F, 33 degrees C. The moon continues to be in the waxing crescent phase. The eighth announcement will come at 9 AM on June 19.

Below you can find the unlucky ones that RNG picked on this time.

Summary:

1. Thomas Buckley (Catche Jagger)
2. Camilla Bell (BlizzardeyeWonder)
3. Yuka Hayashibara (Maraoone)
4. Madison Springer (Mimi)
5. Myles Roux (backslash)
[+] Logs
RuggahissyToday at 19:23
yo
BukoToday at 19:24
Yooooo
DeamonToday at 19:25
yo yo
RuggahissyToday at 19:25
Should I roll the dice?
KilmarnockToday at 19:26
Go for it.
I can call
Rolling list has been updated yeah? I think Chad did it
BukoToday at 19:26
Yup
DeamonToday at 19:26
Nearly fits on one screen now
RuggahissyToday at 19:27
out of 54
let's do a test
/roll 200
SidekickBOTToday at 19:27
@Ruggahissy: 200 = 200 = 200
I didn't do it right did I
I've never rolled on discord
KilmarnockToday at 19:27
/roll 1d200
@Kilmarnock: 1d200 = (109) = 109
Ahh ok
DeamonToday at 19:27
It's alright XD
Testing
/roll 1d200
@Ruggahissy: 1d200 = (190) = 190
cool
Ok
READY?
KilmarnockToday at 19:27
Out of 54 is correct... 5 rolls?
RuggahissyToday at 19:28
I think so. Any objections?
BukoToday at 19:28
Sounds good
KilmarnockToday at 19:28
Roll 1:
DeamonToday at 19:28
Yeah it be five
RuggahissyToday at 19:28
/roll 1d54
SidekickBOTToday at 19:28
@Ruggahissy: 1d54 = (32) = 32
DeamonToday at 19:29
Thomas Buckley (Catche Jagger)
KilmarnockToday at 19:29
Thomas Buckley (Catche Jagger)
RuggahissyToday at 19:29
fight
Sorry people took a while
Roll 2:
/roll 1d54
SidekickBOTToday at 19:29
@Ruggahissy: 1d54 = (5) = 5
DeamonToday at 19:29
Camilla Bell (BlizzardeyeWonder)
Roll 3:
/roll 1d54
SidekickBOTToday at 19:29
@Ruggahissy: 1d54 = (23) = 23
DeamonToday at 19:30
Yuka Hayashibara (Maraoone)
KilmarnockToday at 19:30
Roll 4:
RuggahissyToday at 19:30
/roll 1d54
SidekickBOTToday at 19:30
@Ruggahissy: 1d54 = (50) = 50
Madison Springer (Mimi)
KilmarnockToday at 19:30
Roll 5:
RuggahissyToday at 19:30
/roll 1d54
SidekickBOTToday at 19:30
@Ruggahissy: 1d54 = (1) = 1
Myles Roux (backslash)
As a quick reminder on the etiquette surrounding rolls, kill requests, etc. Please only post once in the thread requesting heroes and if needed, death ideas. Do not post in chat asking for either of these or to say your character is free to kill others.

There are three days (72 hours) for cards and Danger Zone posts, and a further seven days for Danger Zone exits. The remaining time can be seen here.

Congratulations also go out to Ruggahissy for winning BDA for the death of Jonah Heartgrave, we'll have a quote nomination thread up shortly.
backslash

Post by backslash »

So you guys know the drill. I don't feel like I'm quite done with Myles yet, so if anyone is inclined to spare a hero I'd greatly appreciate it.

Not taking death ideas at the moment, I potentially have something.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

If you want to hero me, you can, but I think there are people more deserving of that. Death ideas won't be necessary.
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

i'd really like to get a hero, but also every other handler here is on one character, i think, so prioritize them please. i'm not gonna swap, so i'd like some death ideas for yuka please.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Hello all. So, I would deeply appreciate a hero as I'd really like to continue writing in V7 and I still have some space to cover with Thomas as a character that I'd like to get through before he bites the big one. I'm not seeking death ideas at this time.
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

i'm good on death ideas. no heroes for yuka
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

I don't exactly think I deserve a hero after being absent for so long, but I'm very open to death ideas if anyone has annyyy~~
backslash

Post by backslash »

17 hours and 55 minutes for cards and regular Danger Zone posts.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
backslash

Post by backslash »

That's time for cards and regular Danger Zone posts. 6 days, 22 hours, and 50 minutes for deaths and Danger Zone exits.
backslash

Post by backslash »

3 days, 23 hours, and 55 minutes for deaths and Danger Zone exits.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
backslash

Post by backslash »

Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

hi hello.

i'm not having any troubles myself, but my threadmates are having trouble posting due to personal circumstances on their end relating to the pandemic, and they are essential to the scene, so i'll need more time. three days would be nice
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:

[+] V6
V6 Characters:
[+] V5
Dead:
[+] misc
[+] meirl
Buko

Post by Buko »

Maraoone wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:11 am hi hello.

i'm not having any troubles myself, but my threadmates are having trouble posting due to personal circumstances on their end relating to the pandemic, and they are essential to the scene, so i'll need more time. three days would be nice
Granted.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
backslash

Post by backslash »

20 hours and 58 minutes for deaths without an extension.

Return to “V7 Announcements”