Taking Requests for Character Art

Welcome to Artist's Alley! Within, our forum's aspiring artists can showcase their artwork -- be it drawings, sketches, poetry, writings, or any other creative works.
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Roxie and Phoebe are finished!
[+] V7
Mains
Image B018: Ned Jackson- That’s All Folks
Image G039: Yuki Hayashibara- Family is Forever
Image B034: Zachary Beck- Guess I’ll Die
backslash

Post by backslash »

They look great as always! I especially love how I can just make out the detail on Roxie's shirt. You have a knack for graphic shirt designs.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Somehow I cleared my notifications for this board without checking or commenting. ><

They look wonderful! Roxie's hair is really complicated in a cool way; you've really gotten great at putting detail into the more unusual aspects of character designs. I also love how crisp her jacket looks.

Phoebe's also really cool. It's great that you got her badge in--it's a subtle little detail but nicely conveys her role in the class. Her glasses and hair are also very sharp; she looks excellently put-together and quite polished.

As always, you rock for doing these!
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
backslash

Post by backslash »

I know it's real early but I'm gonna just slide in here with my TV3 kids real quick for when you have the time.
[+] Virginia Burns
Virginia is tall and lanky, standing at 5’10” and weighing 138 pounds. She has a naturally thin build thanks to a high metabolism, resulting in a flat chest and scrawny limbs. She has a narrow face, with prominent cheekbones and a small chin, along with an upturned nose. Virginia’s hair is bright ginger and slightly wavy. It reaches the top of her back, typically worn loose, tousled and windswept. Her eyes are bright blue and have a downturned shape. She is Caucasian and has a pale skin tone; she takes care to guard against sunburn and avoid freckling.

Virginia adheres to a grunge-inspired style of fashion. She dresses primarily in black, sometimes accessorizing with plaid flannels or camouflage prints. She prefers loose, baggy or flowy garments. Her ears are pierced once each in the lobe and she also has a Daith piercing in her left ear; she likes to mix and match her earrings, usually wearing a stud and simple ring in her left ear and a more dramatic dangling earring in the right. She wears makeup consisting of foundation, black eyeliner and eye shadow, and dark red lipstick. When she can get away with it, she wears a pair of black and green cat-ear headphones over her ears or around her neck in public.

On casting day, Virginia was wearing a black V-split long-sleeved dress that falls to her mid-calf, camouflage-print cutoff shorts, and calf-height black leather boots with a low heel. She was wearing her usual makeup; in her left ear, she wore a stud earring in her lobe and a ring in her Daith piercing, and in her right ear she wore a dangling earring shaped like a scorpion. She also had her headphones as usual.
[+] Sylvain Kessler
Sylvain stands at 5’8” and is in shape with slightly defined musculature at 159 pounds. His features could be summed up as cute; he has wide eyes with long eyelashes, an upturned nose, and bow-shaped lips. He is Caucasian, with a fair complexion and a sprinkling of freckles across the bridge of his nose. His eyes and hair are naturally light brown, but he frequently wears contacts in colors such as violet, red, or white; his hair is currently bleached white and styled in a fade, with the sides and back buzzed and the longer front part gelled and combed up.

Sylvain dresses in a pastel goth style, usually featuring a dark base with accents of light purple, blue, and green in his clothes, with staples like distressed jeans and vests, and graphic t-shirts. Frequent accessories include flower crowns, fingerless gloves, and pendant necklaces. He has a piercing through the outside corner of his right eyebrow, in which he normally wears a faux-diamond curved barbell.

On Casting Day, Sylvain was wearing a pair of distressed light-wash blue jeans, a black tank top with the word “UGH” across the front in glittery pastel pink letters, a light purple dyed denim vest decorated with silver spikes and studs on the shoulders, black pleather fingerless gloves, and black Doc Marten boots printed with a pastel floral pattern. He was also wearing his usual barbell in his eyebrow piercing, white contact lenses, circular black sunglasses, and a necklace with a pendant in the shape of a human heart decorated with flowers in white and pink.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Somersault

Post by Somersault »

Ooh, if I could, could I request my two sorta last minute v7 kids, Mike and Tonya?
[+] mona lisas and mad hatters
ImageImageImageImage
Appearance Tracker!
[+] a soiled dove finding herself
Image Tonya Collins - Got messy. - Unpretty - TLC
Memories: Child
Pregame: Rain
Prom: Honey
Trip: Furbies
Island: Girl - Way - Delicious - Rakshasa
Tonya by Irina!
Tonya by Ryuki!
[+] a damsel no longer
Image Kelly Nguyen: Couldn't claw back up. - 1234 - Feist
Memories:
Pregame: Universe - Puppies
Trip: Interesting
Island: Holiday - Play - Down - Robot - Unicorn
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] a sheriff trying to keep the peace
Image Adele Jones: Believed. - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself - Lair - Collisions
Trip: Down
Island: Hunger - Darwinism - Mario - Lucifer - House
[+] a cowboy looking for something to ride
ImageMike Brown: Spoke up. - Oh, What A World - Kacey Musgraves
Memories: Timog
Pregame:
Trip: Life
Island: Steady - Miles - Dive
Mike by Ryuki!
[+] tumbleweeds
[+] the town crier whispered
Image Keisha Higgins-Bell - Scouring out her next scoop. - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Meanwhile: Wings - Persuasion - Everything
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
Keisha by Kotori!
[+] v8
Ji-won "Daniel" Song is just praying along. - I know that you're a sucker for anything acoustic.
Anna-Lynn "Ashlei" Mercado is staying in the spotlight. - Hit or miss, I guess they never miss, huh?
DeDe Dixon is the best. Definitely.
Pari Shirazi has been wreaking havoc since 2000!
Abby Davis wants to be in the know.
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Mike and Tonya are done!
[+] V7
Mains
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Hey, would it be possible for me to request a bit for my one kid with no wiki art, Sapphire Waters?
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Sapphire is done!
[+] V7
Mains
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

The latest batch all look really good.

I love how you managed to convey Mike's athletic build; you did a great job making his shoulders notably broad compared to the average while still looking natural. It's great how you gave him a nice, rugged, handsome appearance, and I especially like the way you did his hair; it looks like just the sort of slightly-messy-on-purpose I expect for him.

Tonya's braces look really nice! You did a great job keeping them obvious yet understated at the same time. I also really like the detail you put into her clothes. The little buttons and pockets look super nice, and I am wowed by the way you managed to do a leopard print on such a small area as her hair tie.

Sapphire looks really nice too. Her hair and eyes make for a particularly striking combination, especially with the extra emphasis provided by her glasses. She looks really cheerful and benign in a way that makes me especially sad given her fate.

You totally rock for doing these!
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Virginia and Sylvain are done!
[+] V7
Mains
backslash

Post by backslash »

I said in chat, but they both look wonderful! Thanks again!
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

They look lovely! I feel like you're really getting great at bringing the nuanced detail out of clothing; Sylvain's spikey vest looks very punk in an evocative way, and the composition of his undershirt with the G centered in the vest gap looks very nice indeed from a layering perspective. I also love the use of color for Virginia; the subtle green of her headphones and blue of her eyes pairs very well with her more prominent orange hair and red lipstick, making her come off as very vibrant despite being dressed predominantly in black. You've done a really nice job here, as usual, and you rock for doing it. :)
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Could I put in a request for art of Violet's sister, Dana Schmidt?
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

I finished Dana. It really shouldn't have taken so long to upload this image, sorry for the wait.
[+] V7
Mains
backslash

Post by backslash »

I made a token resistance and then gave into temptation. Stuff is still subject to change since V8 is a ways off, but could I request my current concepts?
[+] Iris Waite
Iris is 5’5” and weighs 137 pounds. Her figure is slightly bottom-heavy, with a slim torso but wider hips and toned thighs. Iris is Caucasian and has a fair skin tone; she tends to burn rather than tan, so she takes care to protect her skin from the sun. Her face is oval-shaped, tapering towards her chin. She has upturned light brown eyes, an average-sized nose with a slight bump in the bridge, and small, bow-shaped lips. Iris’s hair is straight and strawberry blonde, worn long and layered, reaching just past her shoulders. Currently she has an undercut, with the hair on the left side of her head buzzed short and the rest left its former length; her undercut has just begun to grow out and is slightly fuzzy. Her eyebrows and eyelashes are very light in color, matching her hair. She suffers from astigmatism and always wears a pair of brown oval-framed glasses or contact lenses to correct her vision, with a preference for her glasses.

At school, Iris will usually wear a blouse or a long-sleeved sweater over a t-shirt or tank top, shorts or a skirt sometimes paired with leggings or stockings, and heeled sandals or boots, depending on the weather. Her wardrobe tends towards darker colors, and she likes purples and reds for how they complement her complexion. Iris wears little jewelry; her ears are pierced once in the lobes, and she usually wears small earrings. She always wears makeup when leaving the house. Typically, she will use makeup to fill in her eyebrows and eyelashes, plus foundation, contouring and light pink or red lipstick. She likes to keep her fingernails and toenails painted, and most often has them painted red.

On the day of the abduction, Iris was wearing a lavender handkerchief sleeve blouse with a dark purple and white floral pattern, black pleated shorts, black thigh-high socks, and black and gold sandals with a low wedge heel. She was wearing makeup with color filling in her eyebrows and eyelashes, foundation and contouring, and pink lipstick. She also wore her glasses and a pair of faux diamond stud earrings, and she had her fingernails and toenails painted red.
[+] Kai Rosado-Prince
Kai is 6’1” and weighs 189 pounds, possessing a leanly muscled physique. He has noticeable definition in his arms and legs, and some lighter muscle in his torso and back. He is mixed Latino and African-American; his skin tone is naturally light brown, though he darkens quickly with time spent in the sun. His hair is deep brown, with reddish undertones in the right lighting. He wears it in long dreadlocks which reach to his chest when loose, usually kept in a half-up style to keep them out of his face. He has oval-shaped brown eyes and thin, dark eyebrows. Kai has a rectangular face with defined cheekbones, an average-sized nose which is slightly crooked from being broken as a child, and a thin-lipped mouth.

Kai dresses for comfort and practicality over style, for the most part. He’ll usually throw on a t-shirt or tank top, slim-fit jeans, and a jacket to go about his day. He typically wears hiking boots in lieu of other footwear, as he is comfortably used to them. Recently, he has been trying to accessorize more; he has gotten his ears pierced, and he wears plastic faux gauge spirals in them, one red and one black. He usually wears a necklace consisting of a decorative stone arrowhead on a leather string, and a couple of leather and hemp bracelets on each wrist. Kai is slightly nearsighted and wears a pair of black Wayfarer frame prescription glasses to correct his vision. He squints out of habit, which tends to make him look irritated regardless of mood. Kai has a low, smooth voice and tends to speak quietly and slowly.

On the day of the abduction, Kai was wearing a white tank top, dark wash slim-fit jeans, and a black and white zip-up track jacket with an embroidered decal of a bull’s skull on the back. He was also wearing his glasses, necklace, earrings, and bracelets as usual, along with worn gray and brown lace-up hiking boots.
[+] Taylor Thorne
Taylor is 5’4” tall and underweight at 107 pounds, giving them a thin and bony figure. They are flat-chested and usually forego wearing a bra, not seeing the need. They are Caucasian and pale-skinned from spending most of their time indoors, and they often have shadows under their eyes from staying up late. Taylor has a narrow, oval-shaped face with a long nose, large green eyes, and a somewhat wide mouth. Their hair is wavy and styled in a pixie cut with their bangs parted on one side and swept to the right; it is naturally black but has been bleached and is currently dyed lime green.

Not particularly fashionable nor interested in developing a personal style, Taylor wears clothes in mostly black and gray in order to get by with minimum effort put into matching pieces. A typical outfit consists of a t-shirt, a jacket, shorts or cropped pants, and slip-on shoes. They do enjoy wearing jewelry, but their choices in accessories are also fairly simple and usually in black. Their ears are pierced once in the lobe, though whether they wear earrings depends on their mood. They occasionally wear makeup, but usually forget.

On the day of the abduction, Taylor was wearing a light gray three-quarter sleeve shirt with the words “Party, Sleep, Repeat” on the front in black letters, a black blazer with white buttons, black capri pants, and black and white checkered slip-on shoes. They were also wearing a plain black band choker and black spike pendant earrings.
[+] Angelo Lee
Angelo is 5’4” tall and 146 pounds. Though he is one of the shorter boys in his class, he has an athletic figure, with muscle evident especially in his arms, chest, and back. Angelo is of Filipino descent and has a light tanned skin tone, medium-brown eyes, and unruly, shoulder-length black hair. He has a blunt nose, full lips, and a rounded jaw.

Most of the time, Angelo dresses quite casually. He tends to wear tank tops or t-shirts underneath a lightweight jacket, and jeans. He sometimes wears boots or shoes with a slight platform sole to make himself appear taller, but generally prefers comfortable trainers. He favors the color blue in his wardrobe. His right ear is pierced once in the lobe; usually, he wears a dangling cross-shaped earring in it, but he has a variety of other earrings that he will switch to for costumes, and he goes without during formal occasions at his parents’ behest.

On the day of the abduction, Angelo was wearing a light blue button-down t-shirt over a black tank top, bootcut blue jeans, and worn, light gray tennis shoes. He had his usual earring in his right ear.

Return to “Artist's Alley”