Friends and Enemies Needed

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Ryuki

Friends and Enemies Needed

Post by Ryuki »

At the moment, I have a couple more characters to develop. They’ll be added once I have a rough draft of them.

Karen Nguyen: A serious-minded girl and a future lawyer in the making. At least, that’s what her parents want. In truth, Karen feels trapped by her parent’s restrictive style of raising her. She’s not allowed to listen to much music aside from classical, which her parents believe help her focus in studying. She’s also not allowed to wear any outfits or makeup other than what makes her look as professional as possible. She can’t have a pet because it would distract her from her studies. She’s also not allowed to read shojo manga due to her father’s low opinions on the medium of comics. Karen wants to break free from her restricted home life, and school seems like one of the very few places she can be herself. She hopes to one day move out of her parent’s home and carve her own path in life.

Looking for:
-Study buddies
-Shojo manga enthusiasts
-Friends who’ll let her listen to their music
[+] Relationships
Wendy Kennedy: Wendy comes across as a shy, chubby, nerdy girl at first glance. Which is fine with her, as she has an interest she would rather keep under wraps. She is a member of the furry fandom, and loves to draw anthropomorphic animal characters. She is active on social media, where she posts artwork on separate accounts, one for her saucy furry material, and the other personal. She is bisexual, but hasn’t come out to her family (aside from her older sister) due to their religious beliefs. It’s also partially why she keeps her furry account secret. She plans on coming out after graduation. She also has interests in gaming and anime, and is a fan of Crash, Spyro, and Sonic.

Looking for:
-Fellow furries
-Anime and gaming nerds
-Possible bullies
[+] Relationships
[+] V7
Mains
Image B018: Ned Jackson- That’s All Folks
Image G039: Yuki Hayashibara- Family is Forever
Image B034: Zachary Beck- Guess I’ll Die
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Heya Ryuki! Here I am, with my list.
  • Amaryllis and Karen; It would take some time and some clarification on what exactly Karen means by 'not allowed to listen to music,' but once Amaryllis was aware of the sheer injustice that Karen was being put through, having to listen to only listen to classical—well, to put it nicely, she'd get pretty pissed off, and make it her own personal mission to make sure Karen can listen to cool and good music. Who knows if Karen actually likes Amaryllis' stuff, it's a bit dated and weird anyway, but it's definitely not classical. She's open to doing this under the guise of 'studying' if need be.
  • Mai and Karen; I can see these two as study buddies as well, without the music aspect. Mai is a pretty well to do kid, apart from being freakishly active and energetic. Maybe Karen could get her into manga? There's the potential for that. More when Mai is more complete as an idea.
  • Eugene and Wendy; This is maybe an unlikely friendship from Wendy's point of view, and maybe she'd get the wrong idea from years past if Eugene tried to talk shop with her, but once it becomes clear that he's interested in video games and receptive to nerdy stuff I can see them sort of becoming friends, maybe.
  • Coda and Wendy; Coda probably wouldn't bully bully her, but if they ever knew or found out that Wendy was a furry they'd have a very very very difficult time keeping that a secret. Depending on whether or not Wendy connected her furry account to her main account, Coda is online enough to notice something like this. If you'd prefer this be a strict secret, that's also fine; another idea I had was that Coda maybe stumbles upon Wendy's furry fandom in a joke made based on her preference for 90s platforming animal mascot games without realizing that it's actually true. Wendy might just feel bullied by Coda without them intending for it, in that case.
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Hm... I have a slight enemy for Karen- Amerika, who kind of dislikes weebs but also would totally relate to having bad parents, so idk. I don't see that many connections, but maybe Ren would let Karen listen to some of their music?
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
LeslieFranc

Post by LeslieFranc »

I don't have much for Wendy to connect with my kids, but with Karen I offer Alec as a friend who would encourage her to listen to other kinds of music. There's also Ara who could be an occassional study buddy, and besides obviously letting her listen to music, might also talk to her about fashion and makeup, if that's okay.
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

I got Marshall West as a potential study buddy for Karen—and coincidentally he’s also leaning towards trying to get a law degree—but he’s the flipside of her (distracted/absent family, partially driving himself so hard because he thinks that’s what they want) which could be fun.

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”