Room 711: Always Be Closing

Tagging Emprexx Plush and General Goose

The hotel where the senior students are housed for the week of their trip. Students are housed three or four to a room, and rooms are divided by gender. The students have full access to the hotel's facilities, pool, and recreation areas during the day, but there is a strict nighttime curfew, and everyone must be in their rooms by 10 PM each night.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Thomas didn’t couldn’t tell if he had missed something. He had done the only reasonable thing he could think, becoming once again absorbed within his game.

One minute he was settling back into his quest on Onderon, resolving a civil war between the Republic loyalist Queen Talia and the militaristic separatist General Vaklu, and the next he caught sight of some drink flying across the room, from Jeremiah and aimed directly at Nick.

His gaze immediately darted towards Jeremiah, his mouth agape. Thomas spoke before he could even think.

“What the hell was that?”
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Jan de Witt

Post by Jan de Witt »

Nick refused, predictably, making excuses about his current "mood". Theo gave a curt, satisfied nod and quickly messaged his father once more.
Theo wrote: Will buy gifts tomorrow
Nick isn't going
After sending the message, however, his frustration faded, being replaced by a sense of a remorse at his unsympathetic response. It was not as though he himself had not felt such frustration himself, after all. And was it really sensible to try and be more friendly by being harsh? He dashed off another quick message.
Theo wrote: Maybe ask his parents to invite him instead?
He had turned back towards the others and was in the process of formulating an appropriate apology for his behavior when the milkshake finally hit Nick in the back. Slowly facing the source of the projectile, he glared accusingly at Jeremiah. "Was that really necessary? I know you're annoyed, but some of us are trying to rest here." He shook his head in disapproval.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Nick sat up.

Put his legs on the floor.

And stood up.

"You fucking moron," Nick scowled. Now Jeremiah was definitely in the wrong. He was being a bully. And a shite. And a hypocrite. He didn't need to say that. It was obvious. Both Thomas and Theo, at least, seemed to be on his side now. Well, less on his side, more united in thinking that was an unnecessary provocation. At the very least, disproportionate and unhelpful for the peace.

"What is your problem?"
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Huh. Hadn't gone this far 'fore now. Hard t' say what t' make of it. Usually the anger came, burned hot, smoked out, left him standin' and shakin' somewhere new if it were real bad. Couldn't figure why it was stickin' around this time.

Mm. He could. Yeah he could. Explained a lot. Why he butt in at all. How Nick got under his skin. Weren't pleasant, and if he went and acknowledged it things weren't gonna end clean. Sumbitch was askin now though'. Nick really hadn't put together Jeremiah knew all about what was eatin' him.

Stood up. Cracked his neck while he walked 'cross the room. Said one word soft and slow comin' up on him.

"Beryl."
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

After everyone had turned on him, Jeremiah had seen fit to give only a single word, a name, in answer to demands for an explanation.

“Beryl.”

A person in their class. A person Thomas knew, kind of. Looking at the two boys, Tom realized that this was likely tied to some big personal drama that tied the two to the girl. Part of him wanted to ask more, to clear the matter up somehow, but he knew a bit better than that.

This room’s getting a bit hot, isn’t it.

Quickly shutting his laptop and rising from the bed, Thomas quickly made his way to the door. Laughing nervously, he spoke up as he opened the door.

“Um, so, I’m going to go out for a little walk, before I turn in. So, uh… bye.”

And with that he rushed out, quickly closing the door behind him. He let out a sigh of relief upon finding himself alone in the hallway. Interpersonal drama was not his thing.

((Thomas Buckley continued in V7))
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Nick scowled at that remark.

Honestly? Beryl had just been collateral damage. Nick could understand why a friend of hers could feel so aggrieved - but the anger was best directed at the situation. Not Nick himself.

It was a low blow, and certainly confirmation that he was now certainly no longer the aggressor. And though Thomas was leaving, he was certainly a witness.

Nick dragged his fingertips across the back of his neck. Sticky with milkshake.

He flicked it at Jeremiah.

"Fuck off, arse waffle."
Jan de Witt

Post by Jan de Witt »

Somewhat predictably, the situation did not improve. As Jeremiah whispered a name he did not recognize, Nick angrily flicked one of the remaining pieces of milkshake towards Jeremiah. He scowled disapprovingly. Were the others really going to allow this situation to continue? Thomas, at the very least, had the good grace to leave quickly instead of further contributing to the sense of friction. Theo wondered if he anything he did could be useful in resolving the situation quickly.

Regardless, it was clear that staying here was unlikely to be a particularly safe decision, given the ever-present tension around, and trying to intervene would not necessarily help anyone. Watching Thomas leave only confirmed his judgments, and he decided to leave before the situation escalated any further. Nodding coolly at both of them, he picked up his bags and went to the door. "If you'll excuse me, I have some gift-shopping to be doing." And with that, he left the room, wondering which of the nearby gift shops would be better stocked.

(Theophilus "Theo" Walterson continued in V7)
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Milkshake dripped down his face. Didn't bother him none. Made him smile a bit even. Chuckled. Couldn't remember the last time he chuckled.

Never a good sign.

'course that was obvious after he reared back and punched Nick 'bout as hard as he could in the chest.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Nick stumbled back. He didn't fall, though. Jeremiah had a fair few inches on him and was no slouch when it came to his build, but Nick was built like a brick shithouse. Physically, that was.

Not emotionally. Emotionally, he felt really upset. That was the real pain. The indignation, the grievance, the exasperation that someone could be so deliberately cruel in such a calculated way. How dare Jeremiah start a fight with him? When he was clearly not in a mood for it? He hadn't asked for this kind of confrontation.

Apparently, though, the other two had predicted it.

Once Nick had steadied his balance, he scowled.

"Oh, you grey cunt."

Then he charged.

Return to “The Hotel”