Lately Kiss My Ass Lately

Day 3, Post-Announcement. PM for entry.

The lower wilderness borders the village directly and is made up of thick collections of tropical trees. Due to the ease at which one can get lost or turned around in the wilderness it is recommended that people stick to the existing paths—or what’s left of them. Both patches of wilderness are also home to populations of monkeys, parrots, and goats descended from those originally kept in the menagerie.

Thread Limit: 2
Catche Jagger

Lately Kiss My Ass Lately

Post by Catche Jagger »

((Thomas Buckley continued from Right Turn at Albuquerque))

The night had not gone well.

The rain that had begun back when the group had been at the infirmary continued on past sunset, leading to everyone needing to return to the village in order to get some sort of rest.

Not the infirmary, though. The would not return to the infirmary.

I the hours since the departure, though, the events that had occurred there started to feel less and less real, and more and more like it had all been some sort of fucked up dream. That still didn’t help him sleep any better.

But now another dawn in hell was upon them, and the events of the previous day started to feel real once more as he was greeted yet again by the absence of Lucas and Desiree.

And they’re gone now. You can’t think about them anymore.

But what was he supposed to think of? The rain and death left him with little else to think on. No hopes of creating a signal, no real security in his company. No real security in himself, for that matter. With this, he had no more direction out in the murderscape other than to wander around aimlessly until someone else managed to finally put a bullet through his skull.

Maybe things really would have turned out better if you had gone through with offing yourself back at the beach. Then Desiree wouldn't have dies and no one would have run off on some suicidal crusade. No one would have had to care. Yet you just keep going, and for what?

And for nothing.

On top of all this there was the matter of Zach, one that he’d put off from the day before. If he had actually killed someone, the moment of truth would presumably be coming soon, but otherwise… how could Thomas ever know for sure? And did it really matter? What did it even mean if Zach just murdered all of them only to then get immediately get crushed by some football player.

Everything, every bit of caring was feeling more and more like a waste, and yet he still didn't want to let the others know this way. He felt guilty. He felt guilty for being so weak that he wanted to just give in after two days.

It's insulting to them. To the people who have stuck by you and to your family.

Family. Don't think about family. That would be a black hole of sad bullshit that he couldn't handle right now.

“Hey, do you guys wanna take a rest or something?” He asked the others. The boy still wasn’t operating at 100% particularly following the night he’d had, and after walking pretty much since dawn, he needed to stop and breathe and not think anymore.
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

(Zachary Beck, continued from Right Turn at Albuquerque)

“Yeah, lets,” said Zach in a bitter tone.

It had been a fucking death march since they had left the infirmary. Zach was tired, cold, and soaked like a drowned rat. Off all the things Zach had forgotten to pack, why did it have to be a hoodie? Granted, he wasn’t expecting to be abducted and taken to an abandoned island on his way back from the school trip, but still. If he caught pneumonia and died from being caught in the rain, that would be fucking perfect.

However, Zach had more important things to worry about. Dawn was coming, and with it the announcements would soon follow. They were sure to mention Zach’s name, which would then most likely lead to the others ostracizing, or worse, killing Zach out of anger, paranoia, or fear. Zach needed to find a way to get away from the others before that could happen.

“I know we’re basically in the middle of the woods,” Zach started, “but it’s better than bunking with a couple of corpses.”
[+] V7
Mains
Image B018: Ned Jackson- That’s All Folks
Image G039: Yuki Hayashibara- Family is Forever
Image B034: Zachary Beck- Guess I’ll Die
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

"It's beautiful, in it's own way," Princess helpfully offered, as the space between her bare toes gargled in the mud.

"What is it you see in me, Princess?"
"Now?"
"Now."
"... I don't know."
"What is it you saw in me, back then?"
"..."
"Silence is also an answer, Princess."
"You don't think I don't know that?"
"I'm asking the questions here. Kindly stick to the script."

"Unlikely we find the Carters out here, at least." Silence, then Princess sighed softly.

"I want to change. Into something a bit less soaked." She'd brought one waterproof coat- a simple black. Changing was less purposeful and more a statement- a modest moral victory, among many defeats.
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

((Sean Leibowitz continued from Right Turn at Alberquerque))

Sean had figured that their luck could only improve after the events at the infimary, but it seemed things were conspiring against them. Rain poured down on them as they walked through the wild with the general feeling of tiredness and irritability. Out of all of them, he'd been the luckiest with his clothing choice, but it left the rest freezing.

Thomas asked f they wanted to rest, all Sean could do then was nod. He was still thinking of what Zach had said earlier, it had made it hard to sleep. Images of his friend standing over him before choking him whilst he tried to sleep were in his mind and he had been keeping his eye on him in case he tried anything.

It left a bitter taste in his mouth to have to be like this towards him, but they couldn't afford to halfass this. Not after what happened. He didn't answer when Zach made his remark about corpses. Instead he sighed to himself and started tapping a beat with his left foot.

Princess said something about changing and was stepping away to somewhere else, out of their sight. Sean said back rather loudly. "Don't take too long!" It was worrying and dangerous, but it wasn't like he could just follow. Nope. THere was a part that saying otherwise. But that would be, yeah, nope.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Everyone consenting, Thomas found a spot beneath a tree where he might receive some cover from the rain, leaning up against the trunk as he began to go through his bag.

The rain had failed to let up and he had failed to bring a raincoat to DC, assuming he wouldn’t need it, as he’d assumed that he wasn’t going to get kidnapped by psychotic terrorists. Funny how that worked out.

Lacking much hope in his personal pack, Thomas opened up his assigned duffel, hoping he might come across some sort of safety blanket or something of the sort. However, as he pulled through the contents, he discovered nothing of the sort.

“Fucking…” Thomas began to mutter to himself, feeling his fists tighten. Just another thing to add to the pile of things that were weighing him down. He couldn’t even walk comfortably anymore with the way the water that had seeped into his shoes squished when he took a step.

Thomas closed his eyes and took a breath.

You can’t get lost in it. Not again. You’ll just somehow make everything worse.

“Hey Sean, Zach. Do you guys have anything for the rain? An umbrella or something?” He asked, noticing that Princess had seemingly stepped off, maybe to pee or something.
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

“Sorry man,” shrugged Zach, “I didn’t think I’d need one in DC. Or on an island of death.”

Princess had gone off to piss or change clothes, or whatever. That gave Zach an idea on how to bail. Looking around the area, he spotted a tree with a large enough trunk to hide behind, just the opposite of where Princess was headed. Turned to the others, acting as innocent as possible.

“Yo, I’m gonna take a piss,” Zach said casually, “If something happens, I’ll call.”

Just as he made his way towards the tree, he turned to Sean.

“Hey,” whispered Zach, “Some things are more complicated than you think.”

With that cryptic message said, Zach found his way behind the tree. He leaned his back against the trunk, trying to find an escape route. Should he sneak away as quietly as possible, or maybe just make a break for it?

As he thought over this, his thoughts went to how the others would react. Hopefully, when they realized that Zach was a killer, they’d stay away instead of trying to go after him. Zach wasn’t in the mood for any interrogations, especially when someone other than him had a fucking gun. He wondered what Sean would think of him when he found out. He probably wouldn’t look at Zach as friend. This made Zach’s chest feel tightened.

But what if they tried to go after him? Zach tried to think of any other places he could go. According to the map, there was a beach nearby. But that could leave him out in the open. Plus the tide must be high enough to wash him out into the ocean.

Just then, a familiar voice echoed through the woods.

"Goooood morning students! We are back once again to give you a rundown of how the game and is going and I have to say you certainly have packed a lot of drama into twenty-four hours so thank you for that."

At that moment, another familiar voice echoed in Zach’s head.

Fucking bail, dude, bail!

Zach ran off as quick as he could. He didn’t look to see if anyone had noticed. All he needed was to get as far from the others as possible.

(Zachary Beck, continued elsewhere...)
[+] V7
Mains
Image B018: Ned Jackson- That’s All Folks
Image G039: Yuki Hayashibara- Family is Forever
Image B034: Zachary Beck- Guess I’ll Die
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

The coat came off by the button, leaving the soaked to the skin shirt underneath. The rain had started so suddenly when it had come. One second of a surly sky, then the next a tantrum that could have become a biblical flood. Princess had never known it could rain so heavily, such that the skin actually stung when struck by droplet-shape bullets. It was their tropical clime, perhaps. Another thing she'd never left home to experience.

Princess started to strip her shirt next. Sticky, shifting only with melodramatic, drowning groans, it caught on an awkward angle of her ribs. She paused, her crossed arms idled.

"I did mean something to you, at least. We can assume that much. I caught your attentions and at some point I caught the rest of you. If I can phrase it like that."
"Yes, let's work with this."
"Can we assume that meaning something to someone implies that they have a value to you, above and beyond the stranger on the street that you- Princess- smile at out of obligation?"
"Yes. You... were... Are. More than an obligation to me."
"And thus this value you placed in me means my death is thus meaningful."
"It is, I swear it."
"To where you must ramble along with a phantasm of me to make sense of things."
"Doesn't seem like we're doing much else besides."
"So my death then, must change your understanding. Your approach."
"It should."
"And has it?"
"... Hard to tell. As we both are well aware."
"You are unsure. Uncertainty implies that the value is less than certain?"
"Meaning does not exist without understanding, yes."
"So. Did I really matter, Princess?"
"You did... somehow, you did."
"Is that good enough for you to accept? That reasoning."
"This Socratic wheeling about is less than an ideal banter, I feel."
"I thought you liked things complicated."
"And I thought you liked how I made them complicated. Violet?"

She ultimately replaced her shirt with something else as circumstantially inappropriate. A purple blouse, no sleeves, that extended slightly over and beyond the widest point of her hip in an asymmetric dip. A thin and silky textile that bristled slightly under the fingertip. She couldn't imagine what this was supposed to have paired with- not anymore. Her coat immediately back on, and she felt at least a bit more comfortable in her own guise. The overly wide fit of her atrocious pajama pants had some benefit at last- they did not cling so awkwardly to her joints.

She returned just in time to hear the announcements. To force herself to hear them.

"Coward." Zach's name entered her ears and came out in that matter-of-fact form of address.

Names she'd have to remember. It was an assertion to herself without passion, a plan without verve. She'd been wasting all her free time spinning circles worth of fancy tall-tales in her head.

"He ran, I assume."
V8 Vibes:
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Pregame Relationships
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Sean stayed quiet as Thomas asked if they had anything against the rain. Neither did Zach who's comment earned a single nod from Sean. Not long after that did he step off to take a piss, but not before whispering something to Sean that made him stare at his friend, trying to keep his cool.

Things are more complicated than they seem? So he did do something? What the fuck did he do that he coudln't tell?

With the cryptic whatever the fuck that was given tohim, Zach walked away. Sean shot a quick look over at Thomas and with a long breathe, Sean moved afterwards. He needed an answer.

"Zach!" He shouted as he walked towards the trees as the announcements made their play. He could faintly hear the rustle of grass as Zach ran away. Sean ran to the tree to try and give chase, but Zach was fast, being a scrawny fuck and all Sean could see was his back as it disappeared.

Sean held onto the tree with his left hand as he listened to the voice as he described Zach having stabbed an injured girl, Bree Jones along with other atrocities his classmates were committing.

He stabbed a girl? There was no blood on the sword he had! But he could have washed that off... Then why did he give it away then? DId he have something else in his sleeve? None of this makes any sense! He'd been right this entire time to be concerned about him, and yet he got away. He'd helped him cover Desiree and give a sort of funeral for her having inflicted the same terrible fate to another. What the hell were his friends doing? What the hell was he doing?

Sean sat down by the tree and looked down at the ground with his right hand clenched around his mouth. His thoughts in disarray and the feeling of bile made it's presence known, but nothing made it's way out. Instead he heaved on the spot as tears leaked out of his eyes.
[+] V6
G019 Serena Waters
The Past:
Island:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12
Meanwhile:
B037 William "Will" McKinley
Image(Adopted from Dannyrulx)
Dannyrulx:
Memories:
1-2
Pregame:
1-2
Sadie Hawkins Dance:
1-2
Island:
1-2
Adoption:
3-4-5-6-7-8
[+] V7
B026 Sean Leibowitz
Image Image
1-2-3-4-5-6-7
B071 Sal Bonaventura (Adopted from Skraal)
Skraal:
1-2-3-4-5
Adoption:
6-7-8-9
B085 Brandon Murphy (adopted from Rattlesnake)
1-2-3
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

It turned out that neither Zach nor Sean had something Thomas could use, of course, which was just perfect.

“It’s alright.” He replied to Zach. “Neither did I.”

While Thomas stood there and tried not to focus on how absolutely everything was horrible, the second set of announcements began and brought with them a pair of reveals that felt as though they should have been more impactful to Thomas.

First came the truth of what had happened with Zach. He’d killed someone, Bree Jones, after some sort of shootout had occurred. With Zach acting like the world’s most suspicious man since the previous day, Thomas would have to be quite a bit denser than he already was to be surprised. In fact, he was relieved to know his suspicions were proven to not be excessively paranoid.

Second came the name of Desiree’s killer: Erika Stieglitz. Not someone who meant much to Thomas up to this moment, but now he knew the name of the person that he’d likely hear alongside Lucas’s within the next few days…

Grim! Way too fucking grim! Focus on the Zach business. That’s more immediate.

On that matter wasn’t even truly upset in the moment, and with the clearness of mind came more deliberate action.

“Zach?” He called out, only to find his voice matched by Sean calling out for his friend.

After a moment of looking about, it seemed that it was as Princess had assumed, Zach had run off.

“Did he, um… take any of you guys’ stuff?” Thomas asked, turning to his companions and trying to keep a practical topic.
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

Cicada

Post by Cicada »

"Probably too smart a move for him to consider."

Among the other names that had blurred together into a haze of sycophants and cheerleaders and names beneath mindful attention or care one other had stood out. Sapphire hadn't been a friend, the right term of endearment might have been a 'friend that could have been'. Both had been socially thinned, stretched. Aesthetics distinctly dissimilar. But somehow intriguing. In hindsight Princess could have had a crush- said hindsight being her post-apocalyptic reckoning with her own hormonal throughput.

Sapphire had been too kind for this world- it figured she was the first of the two to go. Princess certainly looked forward to pretending she actually knew anything about the girl when it came time for the long-form drabble of a eulogy. She could already contemplate on the timbre of her voice, as if it were in any way familiar.

She contemplated Sean's slumped form in the present-time, a controlled frown creasing her lips. What she felt as bemusement outwardly expressed itself as solemn regard. Hurts, doesn't it became I'm sorry you had to hear it like this. The pettiness, the nicety, it was conserved.

"If he ran without confronting us, I don't know. The murder could have been a mistake." Malice and incompetence went hand in hand, far as Princesses' opinion of her peers continued to evaporate away.

"Wanted a bit of company before his sins caught up with him," she concluded, more to herself than to either of her remaining allies. Allies might have been a strong word. Princess had little in the way of trust this past day, little for herself, least of all the remainder.
V8 Vibes:
V7 Vibes:

Pregame Relationships
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

The first thing he heard after the announcements were done was Thomas asking if any of them had lost their things to Zach. He looked over at what he believed was his form and grit his teeth. That was his first reaction? Didn't he care?

Of course he didn't! He didn't know the guy and he didn't trust him. Sean could tell by his face when he saw him to his tone to pretty much fuckin' everything about the guy when he looked at Zach. Same as it was with Lucas.

And he was right. God damn it, he had been right.

"He-" His sentence interrupted as he swallowed and clutched his hand into a fist and pressed it towards his mouth. Long breaths, in and out. He moved his fist out of the way and continued. "He didn't. He just ran." Nothing made sense. Zach killed someone and ran, yet he helped him and defused a confrontation with Lucas. Why? What's his game in all this?

Princess said something about it being a mistake. Sean wished he could believe that, he wished to god that he could, but his behavior had been so weird and bizarre.

Some things are more complicated than they seem. The question at the infirmary. Was he trying to tell without telling? Did he fuck it up by not trusting him?

Could he have stopped him?
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Both Princess and Sean attested that Zach had simply run off without taking or doing much of anything. That was a relief.

The whole thing was a relief, if Thomas was being honest with himself. In one fell swoop, Zach had removed the need to discuss what to do with the apparent murderer and the question of whether or not to believe whatever story he produced by simply removing himself from the situation.

Sean wasn’t taking the situation very well though, which Thomas really should’ve expected. Sean probably hadn’t seen in Zach what he (and seemingly Princess) had. He hadn’t noticed the things that led to today’s reveal feeling like no surprise.

“I’m sorry, Sean.” The remark felt a little forced, even though Thomas did legitimately feel bad for the guy.

Still, it was probably best to move on, think practically.

Keep thinking practically.

“So, if you guys are feeling up to it, I’m thinking maybe we should discuss, you know, things. Things like what exactly we’re doing going forward. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas?” Thomas hoped either of them had something to offer. Following the debacle at the infirmary, Thomas was not keen on taking point on this matter.
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

Cicada

Post by Cicada »

A good question with a bad answer.

"It's unfair, Sean. To have to reckon with it before we're old and gray..." Speaking from very recent, and very personal experience. "Take your time." But ultimately still rote, seemingly heartfelt, actually stone cold.

"Ideas..." She exhaled the word as it were the poison in her lungs. Hard to say she had a clue- she might as well have roosted on the island's waterfall and laid claim to being a mother hen, it seemed about as competent a move as any she'd so far managed. She had intent- maybe. But the wherewithal?

To sob and choke on her own vomit, maybe.

"The three of us are a decent cross-section of our school's social order. We might be able to exert influence. Clout, as it were." An unfathomably stupid word, but somehow poignant all the same. "We could... convince people to stand down. Enough to make a difference." A pretty tale she'd spun. Even she didn't believe it.
V8 Vibes:
V7 Vibes:

Pregame Relationships
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

the two in front of him gave their condolences and their sympathies to him. But Sean wasn't feeling it nor did he deserve it and they most likely knew it as well. Neither trusted him, if from his behavior at school or here and both had been right and he'd stupidly walked forward and tried, fuckin' tried to believe in him and this is what it got him?

Their condolences should have gone to the girl he'd stabbed to death instead, someone who actually deserved it.

Then talk of what to do now. Thomas asking for ideas, Princess providing them. Sean's contribution? Nodding his head at random and do what he's told because leaving these two to do what he wanted to do and he'd probably get stuck in a fuckin' hole and starve to death or something.

But all of those thoughts got put into the corner as Princess said a single word that cause Sean to lean forward and choked something down. It hadn't been to keep from hurling up the place, but from chuckling at that word. The word that had started it all.

They were the fuckin' clout gang again.

Dear. God.

His chest heaved as he looked up at the two and did his best to keep his composure. "Guess that's what we're going to do? If we can reach anyone...It'd be a win in my book."
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

So, Princess’s plan… Princess’s plan was not good. It was quite bad actually. The idea presented did nothing to further the objective of either improving their survivability or getting anyone out of this place. It didn’t even follow some sort of bull-headed path of vengeance against her girlfriend’s killer.

How would any of them reasonably be able to convince people that they should just stand down at this point, when so many were already dead? And how would the three of them reach all of the people still alive on this island?

She’d also used the term “clout” to describe the influence the three of them theoretically had which was grossly ironic enough to make him reflexively doubtful.

Do you have some genius alternative to put forward?

He didn’t.

Thomas had abdicated responsibility, like he’d wanted to, and now his path forward would be decided by the others.

“Okay, then.” It seemed that the group was decided.

But…

“To what end?” He quickly added, giving Princess a sheepish look. He felt embarrassed even asking the question after he was the one who asked for ideas in the first place, but it felt wrong to let it slide, particularly when so much was potentially on the line.
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

Return to “Lower Wilderness”