Right Turn at Albuquerque

Day 2 post-announcement noon-ish: now private (sorry)

The infirmary is the second-largest building in the village, bigger than any of the houses but smaller than the commissary. Like all of them, it is constructed from wooden boards, but is painted bright red. The interior of the infirmary is set out much as one would expect. There is a smaller entrance and reception area and beyond that is a larger room with a collection of six beds, all with bedding present. At the back of this room is a storeroom that once would have contained a collection of medical equipment kept on wooden shelving, although all the equipment and medicine has been removed.
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

The dead did not care. That was a stubborn fact and a cruelly callous reality, one that struck from the world its veneer of art, of purpose.

Purposeless. Adrift. Princess had never felt so lost- but she could of course conduct herself with better poise that the rag of a human being that spilled over the tile. His was a projection of that queer feeling that nested inside her quavering heart still for now buried under her breast. His was raw grief, which she supposed she was simply too numb to feel.

Violet still waited for her, somewhere.

Princess could only possibly press on by pretending she was okay. The pretend Princess wanted to reach out and help. She did.

"Thomas? ... God, what happened?" He wasn't bloodied, he wasn't bruised. Princess likewise was a far-cry from battle scarred. She'd tried to wipe the crust of her own stomach contents from her collar- had failed. Besides that she might as well have been from a slumber party. Thomas. He was a thespian. Familiar, but boringly so. Crocodile tears had never been his strong suit, and he made noises so genuine as to almost stir Princess from her own inky mood into sympathy. Almost, the operative word. Still. She was nothing if not a consummate professional-

if she'd not been she would have drunk the poison in her bag the moment she'd abandoned Claude and Valjeria and the others-

so she knelt awkwardly at his side. Their faces kind of level, their farce of equality established.
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Soon there as no sound from the hall as Zach made his way back. Apprantly the festivites out there were done as he came over to help cover her. Sean proceeded to do so as Zach asked if they should say something.

"Probably." He said as he looked with annoyance over at the door before continuing."um... shit, I'm bad at this kind of thing..." His right hand reached out and scratched the back of his neck as he searched for the right words. "Yo-you didn't deserve this, it shouldn't have been you."

Should it have been any of them he wondered? It's not like any of them had done anything terrible or inhumane to deserve this and yet, here they were. "I hope you're in a better place now." His eyes kept peeling over to the door. Why was he not coming? Did he not hear him? Sean tried his best not to let that earlier feeling return, but it was trying it's best.

It didn't take long for his feet to move as he made his way to the door. "Hope you got something" He said to Zach as he walked outside about to yell at Thomas for not getting inside to find him crying on the floor and with a girl beside him. He recognised as Princess. Hard to forget a name like that, he knew she did theatre and such so artsy and that. She made him tense up as he stood there.

"Oh, jesus christ." Sean muttered to himself as he prepared himself for this one. He didn't look his best at the moment being y'know, kind of covered in Desiree's blood. Breathing in and out deeply. He took a few careful steps towards him, but stayed a bit away courtesy of the gun in Thomas's hand. "uh, hi there." He said with a wave of his bloody left hand as he put the right into his pocket. "Thomas, what's going on?" He didn't know if that was the right question to ask, hell he was about to ask if he was alright, but appearances showed otherwise. Truth is Sean didn't know what to do at all as he stood listening to another boy cry his heart out in the hallway.
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

“Well, I don’t have much to say,” Zach said, “I guess, sorry you had to share the last name as me?”

Zach said that, but he personally didn’t care. Although, sharing the same last name with a person whose reputation for being annoying and obnoxious would be bit ire inducing. Still, Sean knew her longer and showed a good deal of respect by doing this for her, so Zach tried to remain respectful for Sean’s sake.

Zach could hear Thomas crying outside the room. He must be taking what happened to Desiree and Lucas’s departure pretty hard. Zach’s stance on Lucas hadn’t changed. If he wanted take vengeance at the risk of his own life, Zach wasn’t gonna stop him. The less people to deal with, the better chances Zach will have to survive. Plus, at least this didn’t end up as badly as what had happened at the lighthouse. And Zach still had the gun he collected. So, maybe Zach could take a breather.

That’s when he heard a girl’s voice. Zach followed Sean to the door, prepared to pull out his gun and surprise the potential threat. He then saw that Princess had arrived and was knelt next to the crying mess that was Thomas. Princess was another theatre member, who he always thought had a pretentious name. Because seriously, who names their kid after a royal title? It’s like they want them to grow up to be a spoiled brat or a stripper.

“Um. Hey,” Zach said, giving a tiny wave, “Everything okay?”
[+] V7
Mains
Image B018: Ned Jackson- That’s All Folks
Image G039: Yuki Hayashibara- Family is Forever
Image B034: Zachary Beck- Guess I’ll Die
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

It was soon that Thomas found his sobbing interrupted by a voice that was simultaneously new and old to him. He knew Princess from the drama program back at George Hunter, and though he’d never known her well, she was a more familiar face than any thus far had been.

“Well, a- a lot happened...” The boy croaked out, looking up at the new arrival, trying to squelch the tears that kept coming.

Not long after he gave his reply, Sean and Zach joined the pair in the reception area. Three sets of eyes now rested on him, all of them containing an expression Thomas knew well: pity.

It made him feel wrong, like some thin layer of grime had been smeared across his skin and he wanted it off. He wanted all of them to turn away from him so that he might wash it away with his tears or scrape it away with his hands. But that wasn’t going to happen.

He couldn’t get angry or upset. Not again.

Or you’ll just drive everyone else off. Be left alone forever. Maybe it’d be better that way.

And so it was by shame that Thomas managed to regain some semblance of composure.

“Desiree… They killed Desiree but… but they were trying to kill me. I was supposed to die. Not her. And then…” he turned towards Sean and Zach “and then you guys just left me out there and I kept calling and calling…” Back to princess “And now Lucas is gone… cause I had to have a fucking episode!”

The words didn’t bring him peace, and they likely made little sense to Princess, but he couldn’t keep his words, his thoughts straight. How could he.
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

"They killed..."

She appreciated his effort to try for a more put-together look. It sort of worked, at least. He was putting on his best brave face, and she reciprocated by pulling back, giving him some space. At arm's length- it had nothing to do with the gun- but still face-to-face level- nothing at all- they remained intimate, but not obscenely so. She was not intimidated. The nausea and bile she could keep choked down like bad aftertaste, she'd decided recently that she'd stress puked enough for one day. It wasn't a good look.

Thomas had allies of a sort. Sean she recognized for his artistry, Zach she recognized for the lack thereof.

"Did you guys also see-?"

Irrelevant. Only one of them was currently openly falling apart and still struggling to pick up the pieces. She'd glanced at the other two boys, she stopped, she focused back onto Thomas, her tone even as she could right her own sinking ship.

"Thomas. Whatever happened is not your fault. I don't..." She searched for words- barely a pause, but it was infinitely long to her when she was used to her tongue cracking like whips. "You. Weren't supposed to die. None of us were."

But they all would.
V8 Vibes:
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Pregame Relationships
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Thomas opened his mouth and gave them bits of his side. He was stuck outside yelling while everyone was busy with Desiree's death. They aimed for him, but got her instead. Great, and he had a hunch as to why they did. Princess was already trying to comfort him, but it wasn't an easy job to do. Not while you don't know waht happened.

He knelt down on one leg to see him at eye level, placing his right elbow on the tip of his knee. He took some slow breaths before starting to talk.

"Look. There's nothing you could have done, man. About Desiree and Lucas... especially Lucas. His mind was made up by the time he saw her and took my friend's weapon." He glanced back at Zach before returning his gaze to Thomas. "If he stayed..fuck, probably would have killed us for it." He reached out with his left hand and put it on Thomas's shoulder.

"Don't think there's anything any of us could have done." He quickly retracted his hand and laid it knuckles first on the floor. Sean himself wasn't sure if he believed what he was saying. There is many things they coudl have done. Gone somewhere else, had someone else get the pens, get there earlier. Variables that could have changed things.

He stayed quiet about that though. It wouldn't help them now.
[+] V6
G019 Serena Waters
The Past:
Island:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12
Meanwhile:
B037 William "Will" McKinley
Image(Adopted from Dannyrulx)
Dannyrulx:
Memories:
1-2
Pregame:
1-2
Sadie Hawkins Dance:
1-2
Island:
1-2
Adoption:
3-4-5-6-7-8
[+] V7
B026 Sean Leibowitz
Image Image
1-2-3-4-5-6-7
B071 Sal Bonaventura (Adopted from Skraal)
Skraal:
1-2-3-4-5
Adoption:
6-7-8-9
B085 Brandon Murphy (adopted from Rattlesnake)
1-2-3
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Sean and Princess consoled Thomas, who was convinced he should have died instead. Just what the hell kind of talk was that? Maybe it was because Zach personally had gone through some shit earlier, but something about that just irked Zach. This was Survival of the Fittest, Thomas should still be thankful that he managed to avoid being shot by psycho with a gun. Zach took it as a sign of weak will. He was about to scold Thomas, but before he could open his mouth, Sean peered back at Zach. So, he decided to keep quiet for now.

Zach’s perception on Lucas had not changed. Although, he agreed that Lucas might’ve killed for the sword Zach gave him, which is partially why he relinquished it to him. As for Desiree, maybe if he had met her yesterday, he’d be more inclined to empathize. But, since he only just stumbled upon the group not too long ago, he could only muster empty words of sympathy.

“Yeah,” Zach shrugged, “It could have been worse.”
[+] V7
Mains
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Though Princess had moved back a bit, with Sean stepping in and touching him, Thomas could not help but feel a rush of discomfort. The act was well-intentioned, he understood that much, but the crowding around him led the boy’s body to tense up.

Not good. You’re not going to be able to think with this and everything else going on.

Thomas quickly shot to his feet and stepped away from his companions before taking a breath and turning to face them once more.

“Look I get it. Logically, the person who tried to kill me and did kill Desiree is the person at fault, really, obviously. But… if I hadn’t been there, in that spot, Desiree wouldn’t have been shot. That’s a fact and, you know, things like that don’t just go away or get forgotten cause you think they should be.” Thomas was still trying to structure his thoughts and the words poured out as soon as they came to him.

“And… and Lucas. I know, I know he wanted to go on his own, but... “ He paused a moment, swallowed “I threatened him, put the fucking gun to his head for trying to leave. That’s fucked! Right?” His breathing was getting heavy again.

Just shut up! Shut up before you have another breakdown!

Thomas grit his teeth, breathed through them, took a moment to center himself. He smiled weakly.

“I’m sorry…” He spoke slowly, almost over-articulating his words “I’m still all fucky about this. Maybe I just need some time to, you know, get my mind focused again. I’m really sorry.”
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

Princess' articulation remained plausible.

"Don't apologize..." She picked her words with a portrait of a dead girl as her inspiration and muse. It was far less romantic to live through than to read out, the idea of carrying on post dearly-departed.

"But you- no, that's not a fact. Thomas, you don't get to unilaterally blame yourself." They were both actors. They well knew that judgement of motive was a badly scripted crapshoot. "If it helps you deal then sure, but. It's just a crutch." Grief found an outlet. How trite.

At least he could find something useful to do with his, contrast herself and her empty flailing.

"Wait." Something occurred to her. "You held Lucas at gunpoint? What did he do?"
V8 Vibes:
V7 Vibes:

Pregame Relationships
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Sean stood up as Thomas zipped past him onto his feet and continued to ramble over his actions. It seemed their words weren't reaching him or if they were, he was blocking them out or something like that.

And then in the midst of his rambling was an admission to holding Lucas at gunpoint which got Sean to widen his eyes a bit and take a few steps back. What the fuck had been going down while he was busy? Did this happen while Zach was out here watching?

Princess asked about it as Sean looked back to Zach. "Di-did you see this happen?"
[+] V6
G019 Serena Waters
The Past:
Island:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12
Meanwhile:
B037 William "Will" McKinley
Image(Adopted from Dannyrulx)
Dannyrulx:
Memories:
1-2
Pregame:
1-2
Sadie Hawkins Dance:
1-2
Island:
1-2
Adoption:
3-4-5-6-7-8
[+] V7
B026 Sean Leibowitz
Image Image
1-2-3-4-5-6-7
B071 Sal Bonaventura (Adopted from Skraal)
Skraal:
1-2-3-4-5
Adoption:
6-7-8-9
B085 Brandon Murphy (adopted from Rattlesnake)
1-2-3
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

“Yeah, it was fucking intense,” Zach answered Sean.

Zach looked at Princess and continued.

“He wanted to go off and find whoever shot Desiree,” Zach spoke frankly, “So, I gave him my sword, he and Thomas spat words, and he finally took off.”

Zach folded his arms and looked away from the group, his mind in thought. Zach wanted to believe he did the right thing in letting Lucas take his sword thing. Lucas probably would have started more shit on top of dealing with the fact that someone got a headshot on Desiree.

Again, Zach’s mind went back to the lighthouse. Zach had survived a shootout through quick thinking and sheer luck, at the cost of a few lives. Zach didn’t want to go through another nightmare like that. Had Thomas pulled the trigger, or Zach refused to give Lucas his weapon, things would’ve been fucked.

“Whatever happens to him, happens,” Zach muttered.
[+] V7
Mains
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Based off of how Sean reacted, Thomas thought that he maybe should have kept what exactly had gone down between him and Lucas to himself. The way the boy stepped back, eyes wide, left him with a sick feeling in his stomach.

That's because what you did was fucked. He's right to be scared. You should be too.

“Look, I just heard Desiree died and then he came out and said what he was going to do. I didn’t want him to go cause we’d already lost someone, but I didn’t know what to do, so I threatened him. It was- I’m an idiot, I know. I thought… I just thought he’d cave.” Thomas took another breath before continuing, averting his eyes from Sean as best he could.

“Lucas called my bluff and… said some things. I got angry and I- I wasn’t thinking and was all fucked up and the self-righteous act just… So I put the gun to his head, but then I gave up and he left.”

He wasn’t sure how Sean would take the explanation, or Princess for that matter, though she seemed to be taking this all pretty well, honestly. Still, Thomas kept his breath steady and his own expression as even as he could.

“I’m sorry… again. I know I should have kept my head straight, but I didn’t. It’s… I’m sorry.”
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

Cicada

Post by Cicada »

Princess maintained her composure. Kept her teeth tucked behind her stiff upper lip

still a bit moist from the regurgitation, idiot. Or that could have just been a nervous sensation, errant and inaccurate

Habit, mostly, but perhaps some dusty cobweb tucked away in her gray matter was also cognizant of the potential for things going wrong if tempers started burning like coal. They already had a proof of concept between themselves, minus Princess, plus Lucas and a fresh corpse. A corpse named Desiree. She'd been beautiful in her own way, aloof. Untouchable, until a bullet had introduced itself to her the wrong way.

Princess clasped her hands together- still stooped into a kneel as she was, there was a bit of a Madonna prayer to her poise. Unintentional, intentional, she wasn't sure. "Wait." Her gaze remained active. At any given time she seemed to be looking at whoever she was possibly talking to, even if she was actually just talking to herself, calmly bullet pointing her own subtle hysterics.

"He went off. Grabbed a weapon- why, exactly, did you give him that weapon?" Zach continued to remain a spectacular non-presence save where it was most inconvenient to have to pay attention to him- some things, at least, never changed.

"And he's going to find-... god. What? What the hell." Stoic delivery, as Princess now actively began to look for the others to look back at her, to be the response to her call. Sean. Thomas. Surely they did see where this was going, right? Proof of concept. Misunderstandings would become corpses. Her classmates giving into their petty humanity. She'd woken up and told herself it was going to happen, and confronted with it she was still somehow blindgasted and flabbersided.

"Thomas you were right to try and stop him- right?" All of a sudden, she was loud in her own skull and echoing. "I'm not the only one who's seeing this, right?" Her voice swelled like the tide, outrage bubbled and foamed. She was outraged- this was no act. "He's going to go out there and hunt and kill someone like he's a rabid beast- and this is right? Eye for an eye? Is that what we've been reduced to? Desiree died because somebody thought they could justify someone else dying!" She was actually running out of breath- goodness- ranting until her lungs were only forcing empty fumes through her throat. "He's no- no different- he is- Thomas, you tried to do the right thing. This- this was. Fucking-"

She stopped, suddenly. Hand gently over her mouth, eyes once more evasive, her conscious catching up with the rest of her.
V8 Vibes:
V7 Vibes:

Pregame Relationships
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Zach did see this and he didn't tell him this?! Sean 's eyes stayed wide as Zach explained a little too calmly about what happend which got Thomas to start talking, either to explain or maybe justify what he did? It wasn't something he'd thought Thomas had been capable of doing.

He had been underestimating how badly things were.

However, what suprised him more was Princess's reaction. She'd been rather lowkey as she entered and tried to help with Thomas, but when she heard that Lucas went off to kill... it's like she changed suddenly, the anger was clear. It was stoic at first, but she turned loud soon. He couldn't blame her with the logic she'd been presented with.

He stood there silent till she was done. She seemed to realise she was ranting in a way when her hand went up to her mouth. She was out of breath and her voice was strained towards the end.

"Yeah, he did. First thing he decided when he saw her." He didn't hide the disgust in his voice. That had been his first reaction when he saw her, a revenge quest. "I was busy with Desiree so I didn't do anything when he left."

Sean held out both of his hands in front of him and stared at the blood. "I...I tried to help her back there, took her from the room she was in, but there was nothing..." He put his hands down and looked away from the group. "We covered her up and put her on one of the beds."

He looked over at Thomas. "She's right y'know? You were in the right when you stood in his way." There was a worrying thought in his mind now. If Lucas could drive him that close just by talking and leaving. What if he'd seen her beforehand? Would he have done it then? "It is fucked up man, but...you tried."
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Princess didn’t seem to be taking things all that well. Made sense, what happened between Thomas and Lucas was pretty fucked up.

Everyone was trying to give Thomas a few words of encouragement, but Zach remained indifferent. After the day he’s had of dodging bullets, he’s become numb to the violence and sorrow. He just wanted some sleep, he ended up witnessing a girl get shot.

Zach really wanted to sit down. So, Zach made his way to one of the beds and sat down on it. It felt like the bed they had in the school nurse’s office, only more stiff and dusty. Having felt drained, he laid flat on the bed, staring up at the ceiling, letting his thoughts wander.
[+] V7
Mains

Return to “Infirmary”