Come With Me

Two weeks before prom; private

Prom preparations, date-seeking, and anything else which concerns prom and takes place within a few days before the event goes here.
Super Weegee

Come With Me

Post by Super Weegee »

(Blake Davis - Prom: Start)

That.

Was.

AWESOME!

Blake threw his drink into the garbage bin as he walked out of the auditorium and into the hallway of the cinema, where he just got done watching Avengers: Infinity War. Not even five minutes after it ended, and he couldn't wait to go see it again.

The characters were amazing! Thanos was a good villain! The fight scenes were adrenaline-rushing! The ending was heartbreaking! Just...everything about it was wonderful!

He leaned back against a wall as he checked his phone. That movie was quite a bit longer than he thought, as it turns out, seeing as it was 7:43 in the evening. In hindsight, he should've looked up the running time beforehand. Then again, he would've had to take the previews into account and add fifteen to twenty minutes to it, give or take.

Regardless, it somewhat messed with his schedule, but that's not something he can't fix. But for right now, Blake had to get someone else's opinion on it. He spotted that someone coming out of the auditorium shortly after he did, and gave her a small wave before walking up to her and began to speak.

"So, was that awesome or what?"
V8 Relationships Thread
Brook Peterson
Lula Gray
[+] V7
V7 Appearance Tracker
ImageMatthew Hunt drawn by Ryuki and Kotorikun - Profile
Memories: 1 2
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
Trip: 1 2
V7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Image Blake Davis - Profile - "...You knew..."
Memories: 1
Prom: 1
V7: 1 2 3 4
Any thoughts or criticisms on my writing are welcome and appreciated! Feel free to message me on Discord.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

((warning for spoilers, just in case))

That… was a movie.

Okay, that was an obvious thing to say. But sometimes, you just have to sit and process what you just watched.

So, first off, who was killed?

Loki was dead. Spider-Man was dead. Gamora was dead, Vision was dead, T’Challa was dead, Wanda was dead, Bucky was dead, most of the Guardians were dead. Even Nick Fury in the end credits scene, dead. And like, countless others, either because she forgot or because, y’know, the whole half-the-population disintegrates thing.

Bree had to admit, it was kinda a ballsy move, to build up this entire setting and then obliterate not just half the cast, but half the entire setting. She’d have to sit and digest it a little. Sometimes that’s how you enjoy movies. Sit back, and process it a bit.

She went to deposit a paper cup, removing a small metal reusable straw beforehand. She usually kept one on her. She was always kind of picky about plastics because… well, a ton of reasons. They weren’t good for people or the environment. Sometimes people thought it was weird, but well. Better weird than full of chemicals or animals choking, right?

She turned her head and smiled.

“I’m… still thinking about the ending.”

She shook her straw for a second.

“Most of the cast pretty much died. It’s just… it’s surprising they’d let him win.”

She thought about it. The last scene. People literally turning to dust, without fanfare. No happy endings. Just a “Thanos will return.”

Maybe she could digest it here.
Super Weegee

Post by Super Weegee »

Bree's statement about the fate of the characters made Blake frown a bit. To be honest, he thought the Avengers and Guardians were going to get the upper-hand by the end somehow and leave the movie on a hopeful cliffhanger, but Thanos won every battle against them and left them with no way to stop him or try to reverse the effects of the snap. Blake was pretty sure nobody in the auditorium that he was in saw that coming.

Nobody but him, anyways.

He did his best to avoid the spoilers that were going around town, but a few of them inevitably reached his ears. He still remembered silently getting pissed off at some of the people nearby for just casually talking about spoilers within his earshot, not considering the other people around them who haven't watched it. Talking about how Spider-Man's death made them cry, about Thanos sacrificing Gamora, about how he used the moon as a weapon with his Infinity Gauntlet. Thankfully, they weren't too specific as to how it went down and he was quick to block it out when he realized that they were talking about it. Yeah, it was irrational, people wanted to talk to their friends and see what they thought about it, but still.

That doesn't really change the fact that the movie still kicked ass.

Blake smiles at Bree again.

"Well, I wouldn't really say that they let him win. I mean, they tried their best to stop him. He was just too powerful."

And now he's feeling like a hypocrite for doing the same thing that he got angry with other people for, but he didn't exactly let them know about it and he was in a theater, so what does that matter?

He leaned sideways against the wall again, putting his hands into his pockets.

"So, what do you think will happen in part 2?"
V8 Relationships Thread
Brook Peterson
Lula Gray
[+] V7
V7 Appearance Tracker
ImageMatthew Hunt drawn by Ryuki and Kotorikun - Profile
Memories: 1 2
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
Trip: 1 2
V7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Image Blake Davis - Profile - "...You knew..."
Memories: 1
Prom: 1
V7: 1 2 3 4
Any thoughts or criticisms on my writing are welcome and appreciated! Feel free to message me on Discord.

Return to “Before Prom”