I Don't Hate My Body, I'm Just Afraid of It

open

The first floor of the West Wing features large rooms, all able to be reprogrammed with administrative permission to suit the needs of the school's most active clubs, which tend to compete for the artificially-limited space and resources. For the most part, these rooms have been left untouched by the terrorists, and if one searches, they may find many materials useful for the game—if they look hard enough, anyway. Any existing applications that require access to the HUD or a PC no longer function, though, all clearly disabled by the class's cruel captors.

Moderator: SOTF: Cyber Staff

Skraal
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by Skraal »

Nicholas gritted his teeth as his gaze traveled down to the floor. Once again, he had gotten trapped inside one of those stupid stand-offs where everybody involved agreed on what they wanted, but nobody wanted to actually be the one to say it. The worst part was that he couldn't complain about it either. Even if it was only in his head, it was still somewhat embarrassing to get mad about the situation when he was just as much a part of the problem. Unfortunately, once again it fell to him to do the frustrating job of pushing everyone into doing what they were already planning to do anyway.

After a moment of awkward silence, his head tilted back up. He gave a little cough into this hand as he glanced between Raj and Boston, pushing himself to speak despite how much he wished he didn't have to. "Well, looks like we've got a plan then. Let's go." He gave Raj a light tap on the shoulder before heading for the door, the items he was carrying somehow feeling twice as heavy as they did before he came in here. As he reached the exit, he turned, focusing his attention on Boston and raising a hand in a gesture that, despite the words that followed, seemed more like a farewell than an invitation.

"You're welcome to come with us if you want, by the way."

Nicholas went silent. He didn't think Boston was interested in tagging along, and, truth be told, he didn't really want to take the guy with him either. All the same, though, it felt rude not to at least extend the offer, even if it was more of a token of goodwill than a serious proposition. Politeness did have its limits, though, and the thought of staying here another minute was stiflingly uncomfortable. Without waiting for the reply that he already knew was coming, he turned, heading off down the hallway.

((Nicholas Cameron continued in Things Fall Apart))
[+] Characters
The Program V2
Josephine "Josie" Luu - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 2
Søren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED

Second Chances 2
Soren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED
Cody Jenkins - Current Status: DECEASED

The Program V3
Samuel Rosen - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 3
Luciano Ascencio (adopted from UnmaskedMountain) - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF International
Clara Micallef - Current Status: In Thread

SOTF Supers
Mei-Ling "Emily" Chou - Current Status: DECEASED

New Battle Royale AU
Yuko Sakaki - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF Cyber
Nicholas Cameron - Current Status: In Thread
Malloon

Post by Malloon »

Nicholas did the right thing. And Raj was thankful for that.

"Right." he replied. He turned, then wavered a moment as Nicholas headed out. "Like he said, come if you want to." he added, directing his words at Boston. "''Cause it might be dangerous alone... you know..."

There. Invitation extended. Now the ball was in Boston's court. If Raj stayed to try and coax Boston into joining them, it would be tantamount to abandoning both Nicholas and C. And yet...

He hurried after Nicholas, his conscious not entirely soothed. But what else could he do? Then, for a brief moment, his imagination conjured up an idea. A vision of him collecting each of his classmates and bringing them together. How he might guide them into working as a team, to help each other instead of...

And then the moment passed. He had stopped walking. He was acutely aware that that idea was a complete fantasy. He couldn't do that. He hadn't even been able to initiate inviting Boston - Nicholas had had to do it for him.

But maybe there was a way, he mused, and briefly touched the sunglasses in his jacket pocket.

Then he hurried along.

[Raj continued elsewhere.]
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Once the two left, Boston put his lunch back down and sighed. There was probably safety in numbers, but there was also definitely danger in numbers, especially when he didn't know what the numbers were up to. Besides, he didn't need to stay around with staunch reminders of his own inadequacy at Sycamore, he felt like shit enough already.

The moment he heard the footsteps fade, he pulled out the knife again. He never got to test it, so he needed to try. With one part of his pant leg pulled down, he pushed an approximation of where the knife existed into where the underwear sat, the pair he could not take off. It was a sensation that betrayed his senses, because on his end he could feel a knife pressing against his skin, and on the knife's end he could feel the scrape of fabric. There was someone who couldn't be trusted here, and before he could even consider who was wrong he jutted the knife further in.

That was when the pain began - he immediately ripped the knife out and threw it across the room as his underwear began to bleed.

"FUCK!"

His hands grasped to close the new wound in his leg. None of this was real, but it definitely felt real. And if he died, that would feel real as well, so maybe he should avoid that.

So what exactly was the plan now? Boston didn't know. He'd spent some time pacing back and forth in that robotics lab to try and figure something out, and by the time he'd left he'd come up with nothing. The only thing that resembled a plan was when he returned back to the robotics lab several minutes later, realizing that his invisible knife was laying around somewhere, and he silently looked back and forth, dividing up the room by sections to search as he braced his grip for an accidental cut of the knife.

((Boston Sullivan continued in He's Leaving Home))
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen

Return to “The Club Rooms (West Wing 1F)”