Unofficial INTL Accolades Club/Discussion Thread

shamelessly stolen from TV3, name not final

It's been said that Survival of the Fittest has a worldwide appeal...

Moderator: SOTF International Staff

Dogs231
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Dogs231 »

Favorite Quote: "It's nutboy."

Favorite Post: Nutboy's nut rant and Leander's discussion of military superstition are both really great, and tie for first in my view.

Favorite Location: The Rocky Shore. It has served as the crux for several of the major events of the island. While at first a seemingly-standard island location, it has been defined by the stories that occurred within it. I happen to have a heaping helping of bias as well, due to the importance of the location in Lex's story.
[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
Appearance Tracker

O18: Alexander "Lex" Latimer - "You've got something to go home to, right? Then it's yours."
Assigned Weapon: Pistol Auto 9mm 1A, Pistol Auto 9mm 1A
Location: He prepared for the end in The Mysterious Circle - United by the Moment.
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

SOTF: Cyber
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE]

A01: Solana "Sunny" Lucero Estelle - "—maybe I'll die. But, you know, united we stand, united we fall. Something like that, anyway. If I'm going, well, I'm going down swinging."
Designated Weapon: W-7 — Gold Silverware Set
Designated Utility: U-26 — Surveillance System
Location: She met her match and lost the game in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1/1

A18: Daniel Arista - "It ain't right for a man, you know, to die on his knees." [Adopted from Cob]
Designated Weapon: W-27 — Tennis Racket
Designated Utility: U-18 — Non-Fungible Token (NFT)
Location: He played the game like he was told in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:

Tyler Becerra - "We're all gonna make it."
Location: He's gambling with his life in The Stage - One Room Death Game.
[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ES03: Cory Cartwright - "We can have power over the situation. We can defeat the game. We only need to figure out how."
Assigned Weapon: Diving Knife
Location: He was out of his depth in Jetties: Central - Armageddon Game. [47/81]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

S015: Noah Davis - "We're alive, and that means we still have a chance to set things right."
Gift: Finger Guns
Location: He tried his best, but came up short in The Flatlands - Pale Rider. [19/43]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

B15: Shūya Nanahara - "Well, now, I'm no hero, that's understood..."
Assigned Weapon: Icepick, the Power of Rock Music!
Location: He refused to play by the rules in In-Between - The Worst Game in History. [10/42].
[+] CONCEPTS
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V3

Liam Black is one sick puppy - "No more rain, where's the sunshine when you need it?"
Austin White is always right - "I would very much like to see you prove me wrong."
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V4

Josh Goodman is living the dream - "For a mad scientist, imagination is the greatest weapon."
[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

Tamarisk Allen is a dead ringer - "We're friends, and friends stay together to the end, right?"
Stryker Williams is the best around - "Now, I'm going to take my first step towards greatness."
Blake Killam is made for this - "This show has been my life, from start to finish."
[+] SOTF-TV V4

Richard de la Cruz is determined to win - "Watch as I do something unimaginable."
Evan Gemstone is ready to die on this hill - "I'll send this whole structure crashing down."
[+] SOTF-U V2

Alex Wituk is vibrating with motion - "I don't know what came over me, but I was on fire with anger!"
[+] SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2

Kim Song is under watch - "두렵더라도 강해져야 합니다."
[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

Adam Ka'uhane is forgotten - "Nobody will remember me when I'm gone."
[+] OTHER

Caius Jones is a doomsayer - "The signs are clear; the end is nigh!"
Maxwell Verity is telling the truth - "Life is an equation, and numbers don't lie."
Aiden Chase is speedrunning life - "It's simple, just beat the clock."
[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

B001: Jason Dagon - "They say it's hard taking a life; they're wrong. It's the easiest thing in the world."
Assigned Weapon: IWI UZI
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

back to our regularly scheduled program

Code: Select all

[size=125][u][b]Characters[/b][/u][/size]

[b]Best Character Development:[/b] What character development has kept you intrigued?

[b]Best Game Impact:[/b] Which character do you feel has brought the most positive development to the game as a whole, outside their specific storyline?
[+] my take
Best Character Development: In terms of getting from one character beat to another, the one with the most dynamic range within the two is probably Philia Constantinou for me. It says a lot that I've been here for nearly 12 years and yet WorldCat managed to take the arc that I was trying to go for with my International character and do it way more efficiently.

Best Game Impact: Fabiano Vecoli despite his relatively short time in the game compared to where we are now managed to really get the ball rolling in a high impact way. Early important scuffle, the very first kill, taking full advantage of the unique International situation compared to other SOTFs, all the while letting his lesser instincts rule him...it's pretty great.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Dogs231
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Dogs231 »

Characters

Best Character Development: I'm going to leave this blank for now and return to it later.

Best Game Impact: Far and away, I'd say Tarren Joseph has knocked over the most dominos. Her string of robberies and direct influence over several kills resulted in almost every story on the island tying back to her in some way, no matter how minute. If it wasn't for Tarren, International would be a very different story.
[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

O18: Alexander "Lex" Latimer - "You've got something to go home to, right? Then it's yours."
Assigned Weapon: Pistol Auto 9mm 1A, Pistol Auto 9mm 1A
Location: He prepared for the end in The Mysterious Circle - United by the Moment.
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

SOTF: Cyber

A01: Solana "Sunny" Lucero Estelle - "—maybe I'll die. But, you know, united we stand, united we fall. Something like that, anyway. If I'm going, well, I'm going down swinging."
Designated Weapon: W-7 — Gold Silverware Set
Designated Utility: U-26 — Surveillance System
Location: She met her match and lost the game in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1/1

A18: Daniel Arista - "It ain't right for a man, you know, to die on his knees." [Adopted from Cob]
Designated Weapon: W-27 — Tennis Racket
Designated Utility: U-18 — Non-Fungible Token (NFT)
Location: He played the game like he was told in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:

Tyler Becerra - "We're all gonna make it."
Location: He's gambling with his life in The Stage - One Room Death Game.
[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ES03: Cory Cartwright - "We can have power over the situation. We can defeat the game. We only need to figure out how."
Assigned Weapon: Diving Knife
Location: He was out of his depth in Jetties: Central - Armageddon Game. [47/81]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

S015: Noah Davis - "We're alive, and that means we still have a chance to set things right."
Gift: Finger Guns
Location: He tried his best, but came up short in The Flatlands - Pale Rider. [19/43]

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

B15: Shūya Nanahara - "Well, now, I'm no hero, that's understood..."
Assigned Weapon: Icepick, the Power of Rock Music!
Location: He refused to play by the rules in In-Between - The Worst Game in History. [10/42].
[+] CONCEPTS
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V3

Liam Black is one sick puppy - "No more rain, where's the sunshine when you need it?"
Austin White is always right - "I would very much like to see you prove me wrong."
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V4

Josh Goodman is living the dream - "For a mad scientist, imagination is the greatest weapon."
[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

Tamarisk Allen is a dead ringer - "We're friends, and friends stay together to the end, right?"
Stryker Williams is the best around - "Now, I'm going to take my first step towards greatness."
Blake Killam is made for this - "This show has been my life, from start to finish."
[+] SOTF-TV V4

Richard de la Cruz is determined to win - "Watch as I do something unimaginable."
Evan Gemstone is ready to die on this hill - "I'll send this whole structure crashing down."
[+] SOTF-U V2

Alex Wituk is vibrating with motion - "I don't know what came over me, but I was on fire with anger!"
[+] SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2

Kim Song is under watch - "두렵더라도 강해져야 합니다."
[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

Adam Ka'uhane is forgotten - "Nobody will remember me when I'm gone."
[+] OTHER

Caius Jones is a doomsayer - "The signs are clear; the end is nigh!"
Maxwell Verity is telling the truth - "Life is an equation, and numbers don't lie."
Aiden Chase is speedrunning life - "It's simple, just beat the clock."
[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

B001: Jason Dagon - "They say it's hard taking a life; they're wrong. It's the easiest thing in the world."
Assigned Weapon: IWI UZI
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

Favorite Quote: Possibly because I just recently read it, and not quite a proper quote, but the description of Seychelle laughing despite her throat wound really struck me.

Favorite Post: Pranay's incredibly strange introduction really stood out to me, establishing him as a sort of quieter, pettier villain than a lot of what we've seen; I kind of wish he'd gotten more time because wow, what a first impression.

Favorite Location: I'm a big fan of awful obstacles to navigation, and everyone in the version has done a great job selling the underground cave as a horrible place to go that's best avoided unless you have no choice. I love people remembering to use darkness in their posts, and this area is full of that.

Characters

Best Character Development: What character development has kept you intrigued? I've really enjoyed Jen's journey across the island and three different handlers as she steadily becomes more suspicious and cautious while also being more comfortable with personal proactivity. It's not super common that a character passes through this many hands and I end up down with all of them and also feeling like there's logic and consistency to her story; I think a cool point is that each handover occurs right around the point of a major change for her, which helps smooth the progression IC.

Best Game Impact: Which character do you feel has brought the most positive development to the game as a whole, outside their specific storyline? Ajay has been a fascinating force of both resistance to the game and escalation. To his friends and group, he's been a guiding figure, more inured to the violence than they are, but when challenged by outsiders he has been quick to threaten and escalate, creating a dynamic that sees every encounter he has go somewhere interesting. He's interacted with over half of the characters left in the game.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

actually "regularly scheduled" from this point on

[b]Best Innovation:[/b] Which character has been a breath of fresh air for you?

[b]Best Realism:[/b] Which character is really grounded in reality in a way you find appealing?
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Best Innovation: Which character has been a breath of fresh air for you? INTL has had a lot of cool unusual stuff going along, but for this one I have to give the nod to a character who managed to do something like what I failed at long ago and make it work: Lex Latimer, who plays a very intricate game with what his narrative does and does not reveal, not keeping thoughts entirely out of play, but precisely judging how far we're allowed in, in a way that gives us great impressions of him but few clean answers.

Best Realism: Which character is really grounded in reality in a way you find appealing? Jevaun Barrett did a great job of being the normal, sane guy in a world gone mad, utterly out of his depth and surrounded by people better suited to the environment they found themselves in. It made his journey especially tragic, particularly given that one of his closest "friends" was setting him up and he never even realized it.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

(apologies for the delay once again, haven't had the time but I do now)(will be doing one extra each day to make up for it)

[b]Best Heroic Character:[/b] Which good guy has you solidly on their side?

[b]Best Villainous Character:[/b] Who is your favorite ne'er-do-well?

[b]Best Tragic Character:[/b] Whose sad and inevitable fate have you most enjoyed lamenting?
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Best Heroic Character: Which good guy has you solidly on their side? So this leans harder on the "I like this character" angle than the "actually a hero" angle, but I do feel that Austin Song has gotten a protagonist edit, as it were, and a lot of his internal turmoil has been over trying to hype himself up to do the bad things he thinks may let him survive. There's just this vibe about him that he's not a bad guy, and in his encounters with others he's tried to be helpful or to push back at those taking advantage of the weaker.

Best Villainous Character: Who is your favorite ne'er-do-well? I'm going to go with a pair here, for a reason: I really enjoyed the duo of Tarren Joseph and Caleb Policarpio for their unconventional slide into an alliance on this almost instinctual level, followed by their reign of semi-functional terror as they robbed and shot folks. A partnership built on such shaky foundations was never going to last, and sure enough before too long things started to crumble and they were swept away.

Best Tragic Character: Whose sad and inevitable fate have you most enjoyed lamenting? Condor did a really great job making Artie Qiu's predicament a constant source of oncoming doom. How can someone who can't walk unassisted hope to outrun Danger Zones, players, and the general violence of the game? She can't, of course. But Artie was always characterized with a cleverness and sympathy that made me hope she might somehow dodge the inevitable a little longer.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

[b]Best Humorous Character:[/b] Which character made you laugh the most? (And we don't mean "unintentionally". Be nice!)

[b]Best Tactics:[/b] Through elimination of the competition or a solid plan for survival, who's kept you interested in their struggle to make it back home?

[b]The Sympathy Award:[/b] Which character did you feel the most for, and most want good things for?
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Best Humorous Character: Which character made you laugh the most? (And we don't mean "unintentionally". Be nice!) This has to be Harun Tee, under both handlers. Harun has a very funny internal narrative ("the crutch that was now up for grabs" still makes me chuckle) and also plays well off of other characters (the adoption of "nutboy" by his internal monologue). It's also really impressive how well this translated through the adoption, because landing jokes is one of the hardest things to do in SOTF.

Best Tactics: Through elimination of the competition or a solid plan for survival, who's kept you interested in their struggle to make it back home? So there's been a little unnecessary chest-thumping, but of the students who've turned to violence, Ajay Bachmeyer stands out for being one of the very few with both a real understanding of the implications and a measure of experience that can translate into success. He sells his status as a dangerous fight-finisher.

The Sympathy Award: Which character did you feel the most for, and most want good things for? Half the cast, but in the interest of spreading the love around a little I'm going to say that Kami did a great job making Katherine Thomas come off as someone stuck in a situation she really didn't deserve, particularly at the end when fate brings her down out of nowhere.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

[b]The Empathy Award:[/b] Which character could you most easily put yourself in the shoes of?

[b]The Gone-Too-Soon Award:[/b] Which deceased character should have stuck around a little longer?

[b]The He-Had-It-Coming Award:[/b] Who best earned their (possibly still forthcoming) demise?

[b]The Everything Else Award:[/b] If it doesn't fit anywhere above but you want to give it a shoutout, put it here.
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

[size=125][u][b]Scenes and Deaths[/b][/u][/size]

[b]Best Tragedy:[/b] Which scene or death made you the most teary eyed?

[b]The Stomach-Churner:[/b] Which scene or death has most effectively played with the gory/violent/overall disturbing side of the game?

[b]Best Impact:[/b] Which scene or death do you think best played a positive role in changing the course of the game?

[b]Best Comedy:[/b] Which scene or death served as the best comic relief?
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

The Empathy Award: Which character could you most easily put yourself in the shoes of? Archie Harper was generally just someone who tried to be decent and work with what he was given, which isn't a super high bar but is something I feel and also saw him punished severely.

The Gone-Too-Soon Award: Which deceased character should have stuck around a little longer? Fabiano Vecoli was a real sneaky jerk, and yet for that he had a fascinating build towards villainy and was part of some great scenes. I would've loved for him to get more space to properly blossom into an antagonistic force in the late game.

The He-Had-It-Coming Award: Who best earned their (possibly still forthcoming) demise? Zander Lin more or less defined biting the hand that fed him. At every turn, he picked fights and caused trouble, and as he hurtled recklessly towards his death he even seemed to know he might've misplayed, but he rolled the dice and suffered the consequences.

The Everything Else Award: If it doesn't fit anywhere above but you want to give it a shoutout, put it here. I usually put a lot of stuff here but am drawing a blank. May fill it in later if I feel like it.

Scenes and Deaths

Best Tragedy: Which scene or death made you the most teary eyed? A recent one, but Philia and Ajay vs. Jen and Austin is particularly tragic because the core of the feud is between the ones who walk away from it, while the casualties are both just trying to do what's best for their partners without fully understanding what they're getting into.

The Stomach-Churner: Which scene or death has most effectively played with the gory/violent/overall disturbing side of the game? Deirbhile going out without even getting to explain herself isn't precisely graphic, but there's something really grim about it and it resonated with me and stuck for a good while.

Best Impact: Which scene or death do you think best played a positive role in changing the course of the game? Rainbow's death scene was a key point in a whole bunch of different stories, starting and ending alliances and setting multiple groups on crash courses with destiny.

Best Comedy: Which scene or death served as the best comic relief? Lots of good stuff but Jaxon trying to use poison ivy gloves has this very improvised-V3-weapon energy to it, especially since it never, ever works out. I appreciate the relatively straight narrative face even as the absurdity unfolds.

Return to “SOTF: International”