ordinary content creator

only character whose character theme got over 10k views on youtube probably

This board exists to hold planning for and discussion of SOTF: Supers.

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

Cicadan

ordinary content creator

Post by Cicadan »

Character Profile

Notes/Ideas:
  • Socially adept drifter. Can be theoretically linked to most any social group for how easy she is to get along with and find some degree of seemingly common ground with. Chatty. Passive in group settings.
  • The VTubing thing is something she doesn't bring up unless asked, probably only her close friends are aware of the streaming career.
    [+] the avatar
    Kanako Danno, currently a fully independent streamer. Bright haired (inevitably bustier than irl) fox girl, employee in an aesthetically haunted retro video store concept. Specializes in playing JRPGs, horror games and shooters; along with relatively obscure movie watchalongs, especially horror movies. Specifically in terms of the horror genre content her audience watches her for unadulterated, genuine panic and freaking out; along with her being very interactive with her viewers due to her conversational skills meaning she can spin off entertaining tangents off almost any random thing in her livechat. She also releases covers of J-rock songs. Averages around 100-150 viewers on streams.
    [+] full avatar appearance
    Kanako the avatar is on the 'average end' of 'curvy' for a VTuber- her body is rigged with similar proportions to someone like Kiara Takahashi or Neena Makurano. Her avatar's skin tone is the same as the IRL Sayuna. The avatar also sports exaggeratedly large, fluffy, and very well animated fox ears of a similar color to her hair. They track along with most of her emoting.

The avatar's hair color is golden blond, done up into an elaborate french braided low bun. Her eyes take a more animalistic art direction than your average (non furry) vtuber, similar to real fox eyes with a larger dark pupil and vibrant orange coloration, though otherwise animeesque as expected of the medium.

Her outfit resembles that of the typical shrine maiden with some embellishments for the character- the typical white top yawns off her top like its in the process of falling off, exposing her upper torso in a V-shape. Under this she wears a black athletic top, form-fitted; and a golden thin chain necklace against her bare collarbone. The skin of her collarbone and back is tattooed with extensive and intricately elegant ink lines that form plant like designs, continuing under the hem of her clothes. The bow securing her bottom is gold trimmed.
  • Most of her relationships will be positive. She wouldn't be the sort to have many people that irritate her to the point where she actively feels antagonistic towards them, she generally just drops and ignores people who have any reason to outwardly beef with her.
  • Romance is a possibility- she's mostly straight.
[+] relationships here
[+] Color Legend
Romantic
Friendship/Platonic Intimacy
Acquaintance
Ambivalence
Dislike
Noah Davis (Dogs231) - Whenever he speaks she hears it in her soul. ( How does this man make her unironically dig the cowboy nonsense?? She's happy just being a friend, she tells herself. It's not the right time. She doesn't want to mess up what they have. More excuses, etc. )
Raja Narang (backslash) - Her trash talking best friend. She dreams of a world where they could sing together without her passing out within a minute of continued recording. ( She learned ASL for him, she lets him look her in the eyes. )
Lucine Everett (PlatFleece) - She's so cool. ( Sayuna feels like she doesn't really fit the role of being the big sister that she actually is in real life... being an honorary little sister, on the other hand, that seems about right. )
Austin Greene (almostinhuman) - She thinks highly of him- he's annoying in the fun way and a good friend. ( She swears she's not trying to mess up his band dynamics on purpose- she just forgets to come to practice sometimes. )
Stephen Sanders (Applesintime) - Yeah, their gifts really do suck don't they? Friend groups have been stitched together by weirder things, probably. ( She'd never say it out loud but 屍骨脈!)
Lily Little (Volt Turtle) - Sayuna thinks she's so cool! Lily is goals. ( She wishes she'd stop with the illusion pranks though. Sayuna is way too old to still be nearly peeing herself in terror on a regular basis. )
Yvette Monday (MurderWeasel) - A really good listener. Sayuna's slightly less basic fashion wise for this particular friendship. ( Weird how suffering feels better shared. Feels like that should be the inverse? )
August Hanlon (Shiola) - Another inspiration that she thinks knows more about a life lived in pursuit of public service. ( She hopes he and Noah might couple up someday, they'd be good for each other! )
Jacob Rowe (Frozen Smoke) - She's seen his Gift only rarely in action... She doesn't get why others would be weirded out by it. ( She could definitely use a helping hand with the whole mindfulness and meditation thing. He's good at it, she's... urk. )
Raymond LaSalle (cardinal-cyn) - Please never ever ever draw her in the Scary Stories style again. That was a bit too real. ( Sayuna was sure Lily would be into him just fine. They'd make a cute couple! ) She kind of used to have a crush on him, but honestly it's more fun to third wheel yourself sometimes.
Kyle Benson (ohm) - One of her good friends to share classes with. ( And, uh, the whole VTubing thing. Maaaaybe important when he's her best mod. ¥563! )
Emily Chou (Skraal) - Sayuna's sometimes surprised people think she's a good shoulder to cry on. Honestly she does think Emily is the cooler one between the two of them. ( Once upon a time it almost seemed like Emily was about to say something important to her? )
Jenelle Greene (Lilith) - How did Sayuna end up with so many of her nudes?? ( Whoever calls her an asshole is dead wrong. )
Anatoly Orlovsky (polybus) - Another friend to be had, but they don't really talk that much outside of class. ( If he had the energy for it she would like to get him around the house more for more gaming though! )
Hretha Morgause (Serpico) - Any friend of Noah's is a friend, but they don't share that much in common. ( Sayuna probably can't deal as well with someone like this. Nothing against her, it's just not in Sayuna's frame of reference. )
Cyrus Vähi (WorldFat) - Why do people like that... do things like that? ( She can't believe she used to think he was so cool and attractive. Shallow of her to be so easily fooled, but at least she's aware of her mistakes... right? )
Upcoming:

Second Chances V3 (deconreconfirmed):
Relations Thread!
Olivia Fischer (original handler, Maraoone)
Memories: 1 Pregame: 1
Faith Marshal-Mackenzie (original handler, Frozen Smoke)
Sayuna Lewis (original handler, Cicada)
Princess McQuillan (original handler, Cicada)
Pregame: 1
carduinal-cyn
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by carduinal-cyn »

Rare potential for a good relationship here, I think! Since Sayuna moved away when she was in the fourth grade, she missed my boy being a problematic jerk when he moved to Bend in sixth grade. Plus they're both A students, so they might share a few classes! (I am not sure whether Raymond would know Sayuna is Kanako, but he likely watches Kanako's channel because of the horror watchalongs.)
Olivia del Rio [ES11] is shooting her shot!
Olivia's Relationship Thread
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 123456789101112Endgame (1234)
[+] Upcoming characters
There doesn't seem to be anything here.
[+] Past characters
Raymond LaSalle [S025] was squirreled away to his doom.
Raymond's Relationship Thread
Memories: 1
Supers: 1234567

Sho Tsukioka [B14] gave love a bad name.
Battle Royale: 123456
The Honeless Beard

Post by The Honeless Beard »

You know what you have to do
SOTF TV V3
ES12: Ivan Rodriguez - Co-Winner - "Just fucking fight me, man."
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3
MM12: Maxine "Max" Schwimmer - Sink or Swim "Akeno, please." - DECEASED

International:
O25: Tarren Joseph - A Boring Dystopia- "You killed me." - DECEASED

Supers
Kincaid Rawlins - The Apocalyptic Rockfight- "Hello kitty sucks."
Cicadan

Post by Cicadan »

Rare potential for a good relationship here, I think! Since Sayuna moved away when she was in the fourth grade, she missed my boy being a problematic jerk when he moved to Bend in sixth grade. Plus they're both A students, so they might share a few classes! (I am not sure whether Raymond would know Sayuna is Kanako, but he likely watches Kanako's channel because of the horror watchalongs.)
[+] thoughts
The timeline works out well there, I'm sure Raymond would appreciate the opportunity for a friendly face who doesn't know about his middle school behavior. I can see them getting along in class due to being both high achievers then from there getting along well enough for the other hobbies like art and music to come to the fore.

I think he will learn about the VTuber persona (eleventh grade?) because she'll probably become a regular and appreciative source of commissions for him (or he gifts her art of Kanako when he's feeling generous) and she'll take his recommendations on things to watch on stream. For example, the readalong stream where she first time reads Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark for her stream and suffers a Moment with every image. Since he knows she's a big baby behind her cooler and more suave persona at school I imagine that will change his perception of her some beyond their mutual academic excellence and her social graces perhaps being intimidating. If you've got any specific vibe there feel free to hit me up to hash it out further. :0
You know what you have to do
[+] i know NOTHING
Yes they can be stream mates but he's a NORMIE without a cute anime girl avatar so their collabs will be awkward af though and probably get views more in his range than hers. The above note on Raymond goes for Kincaid too in terms of art commissions. She leaves him alone at school to respect his vibe, probably mostly online friends with a mutual respect aura. Sayuna knows how to handle rude assholes, kinda likes them b/c they make chatting fun.

Probably pissed off in a not-really way that her beautiful singing-isms are deflected by his issues with auditory overstimulation.
Upcoming:

Second Chances V3 (deconreconfirmed):
Relations Thread!
Olivia Fischer (original handler, Maraoone)
Faith Marshal-Mackenzie (original handler, Frozen Smoke)
Sayuna Lewis (original handler, Cicada)
Princess McQuillan (original handler, Cicada)
Pregame: 1
Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

Being a fellow nerd and good student Sayuna and Stephen probably know each other, but he can also sympathise with the whole 'changing your lifestyle to sut your Gift' thing, so that might be something they can bond over? he'd probably watch the stream if she mentioned it but Stephen isn't a VTuber guy in general so she'd be his first introduction to it
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Lily is friend shaped. She'd like both sides of Sayuna's personality, and her mania is infectious, to the point where she might even be a positive influence to help Sayuna come out of her shell a bit.
[+] Supers
Lily Little:
Memories: = = = >
[+] TV3
Wiki Pages:
Seo-yun Lee
[+] TV2
Wiki Pages:
Naomi Young
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

Yvette would probably get along alright with Sayuna on whatever occasions they happen to link up, but they also don't have a lot in common so probably wouldn't be super close friends. Yvette actually sort of prefers socializing online, but I don't think there's anything that would lead to her being aware of Sayuna's V-tubing and she probably doesn't really follow streaming a ton on her own.

There might be some room for interesting history or interactions revolving around Sayuna's gift, however. Yvette is weird because she doesn't have a conventional nervous system, heart, or any of that stuff, so judging from the description of Sayuna's power she'd probably be pretty resistant to it, but also might be pretty intrigued by the experience of actually getting affected if she hung around long enough to trigger it through that. Dunno, just kinda spitballing on this one.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Melodie is a bit drifty, generally nice but w/o that many true friends. I don't know how positively Sayuna responds that That Kid. She might've heard of her channel before but it feels like they both nostly exist within the peripherals of each other, sharing spaces and classes and certain interests like biology without close emotional bonds, I guess?
Shiola

Post by Shiola »

...I'm sure they can both get along well with their mutual interests in volunteering for good causes and she's probably inspired by his being more active in that regard than she is, at least how she'd perceive it. They're probably more school friends, Sayuna going home is when she plugs into the terminally online part of her life so she's not going to ask August to go out of his way to develop any insights into her VTubing thing. She helps him study and attends his music performances and such. She might also try to ask him at some point about the effects of power suppressant regimens on daily life if they're close.
Just popping in here to say I vibe with this! I think August would enjoy talking volunteering, he's pretty passionate about finding ways to make life easier for folks who've got difficult Gifts, or who are just hard done by in general. He has a lot to say about power suppressant regimens, too.
SOTF: U
Evan Keane: "I guess my world was always gonna end, somehow."

SOTF Supers:
August Hanlon - "This never felt like much of a Gift."
carduinal-cyn

Post by carduinal-cyn »

Cicadan wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:25 pm
The timeline works out well there, I'm sure Raymond would appreciate the opportunity for a friendly face who doesn't know about his middle school behavior. I can see them getting along in class due to being both high achievers then from there getting along well enough for the other hobbies like art and music to come to the fore.

I think he will learn about the VTuber persona (eleventh grade?) because she'll probably become a regular and appreciative source of commissions for him (or he gifts her art of Kanako when he's feeling generous) and she'll take his recommendations on things to watch on stream. For example, the readalong stream where she first time reads Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark for her stream and suffers a Moment with every image. Since he knows she's a big baby behind her cooler and more suave persona at school I imagine that will change his perception of her some beyond their mutual academic excellence and her social graces perhaps being intimidating. If you've got any specific vibe there feel free to hit me up to hash it out further. :0
Wasn't expecting my blob boy to get along with Sayuna quite this well, but I definitely welcome it! Regarding the art, I think both situations are equally plausible, with Raymond satisfying commissions about as often as he draws fan art for Kanako. He might even try using Stephen Gammell's style if she does that Scary Stories stream, haha :D

Once he finds out about Kanako, I imagine he'd have a great deal of sympathy towards her, since he also understands what it's like to put on a less socially awkward facade for others. Though that probably wouldn't stop him from trying to take advantage of her Gift, should he find out what it does - for example, I could imagine him staring into her eyes right before a test in order to calm his nerves, or maybe before talking to someone like Lily. Stopping himself from melting is the main goal. She might understand, if she watches the movie that inspired me to give him his Gift.

Overall I can see them becoming an unlikely pair of friends. Maybe she might even send Ray tumbling down the VTuber rabbit hole in general :)
Olivia del Rio [ES11] is shooting her shot!
Olivia's Relationship Thread
TV3: 123456789101112Endgame (1234)
[+] Upcoming characters
There doesn't seem to be anything here.
[+] Past characters
Raymond LaSalle [S025] was squirreled away to his doom.
Raymond's Relationship Thread
Supers: 1234567

Sho Tsukioka [B14] gave love a bad name.
Battle Royale: 123456

Return to “SOTF: Supers Planning/Discussion”