Room 709 but not quite: Fight!

Day 1! Tagging Kotorikun; open to anyone else!

The hotel where the senior students are housed for the week of their trip. Students are housed three or four to a room, and rooms are divided by gender. The students have full access to the hotel's facilities, pool, and recreation areas during the day, but there is a strict nighttime curfew, and everyone must be in their rooms by 10 PM each night.
LeslieFranc

Post by LeslieFranc »

Declyn's lingering gaze felt like it should've stayed on him for a little while longer, but the shorter boy averted his eyes to look back on the obvious aggressor in this whole gathering.

Cecil was glad that Declyn seemed to at least feel better with his presence. It's about time that he gets to be the one reassuring him, the same way Declyn has been trying his best to make him relax and feel better since their sophomore year. While he's used to being relied on, Cecil had never thought of playing simply as the emotional support for someone else other than family. But then he'd remember the night at that party where he took the chance to be close to Declyn, closer than Cecil had ever been to anyone in his life, and any trace of hesitance in his part vanishes as he stares down at the angry boy Declyn is facing.

He can't say if it's even necessary anymore, but Cecil's hand on Declyn's shoulder remained.
Declyn wrote:"I don't know what you think happened, but at least I don't treat Adonis like he means nothing to me."
To be honest, Cecil isn't sure what the fight is even all about, but what Declyn said gave him some clues to work with. Something happened, and this guy thinks Declyn is at fault, he thought to himself, glancing at Declyn and then to the nameless angry boy. It involves Adonis, and Declyn thinks this guy didn't treat Adonis all that well.

Cecil knows he might be clueless at times, but even he would know when he should back away from something he has no business or right to speak about. Whatever it is, it sounds like a situation only directly involved parties should resolve. Especially when it involves really strong feelings, he eyes the livid-looking guy in front of them.

Cecil isn't involved with this.

But Declyn is, and while Cecil would never want to assume anything at all, he'd like to think that Declyn at least wants him here with him.

So he waits and watches for the next move. It's not that different from his usual routine when he's witnessing a situation like this, one where a full-blown physical fight might happen. The only difference being the absolute willingness to side with Declyn instead of the typical neutral indifference.
Lucas wrote:"Y-YEET!"
And then somebody else tried to push through their small crowd on the hallway, Cecil quickly making way for the guy and dodging out of the way of his backpack. He looked back incredulously at the figure hurrying away when—
Emmett wrote:"DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING SAY THAT I DIDN'T TREAT ADONIS NICELY!! YOU FUCKING PRICK, DECLYN!!"
Ah shit—

He quickly turned back just in time to see Declyn being shoved and stumbling back. Both of Cecil's hands are immediately on both of Declyn's shoulders to help him get back on his balance, also slightly angling his body protectively so that he's facing Declyn and his back on the asshole that he will make sure better be taking the bus home before this day ends—
Tyrell wrote:"HEY! EMMETT!"
Oh what now?

The newcomer didn't see to be there to escalate anything further, instead his plan seems to be ending it...maybe. Probably. Cecil's not sure how effective that would be if the guy just decided to walk away after tat, but he supposes he understands if he doesn't want to get involved any deeper.

While the red-haired guy, whom Cecil guesses is also Decyln's friend, tells the asshole to walk away, Cecil also glares at said asshole who is apparently called Emmett.

Emmett.

Wait.

Cecil remembers the two other names of his assigned roommates.

Hell no. No way, son of a—

"Wait," Cecil's eyes widened, then turned back to Declyn to confirm what he just realized. "Isn't Emmett our roommate?"
backslash

Post by backslash »

Somewhere between the time a guy ran through yelling memes and when Emil appeared to say he got this when it was pretty clear nobody got this, Andy's eyes had kind of glazed over.

He was... irritated? Yeah, irritated seemed like a good one. He was tired and just wanted to get to his room (which he at least knew the location of now, thanks Ty) and now he also wanted to snap at everyone clogging up the hallway and saying stupid shit (thanks retracted, Ty).

"Okay," he said into the faint void left by all the bullshit that had already been spewed. Just throwing his two cents into the sewer grate after the explosion was already over and done with. "I dunno what the fuck is going on here, but if we don't all get out of each other's personal space like five seconds ago, you guys are going to force me to group hug everyone until we calm the fuck down, and we all fucking stink because we spent all day on a bus. So like... fix this shit so I can go change shirts."

Andy felt the tiniest bit bad that everyone was ganging up on Emmett now, but like... dude started it. Still he couldn't completely stifle a bark of a laugh when Cecil shared his little revelation with the world.

God, there were too many people right here, right now, and this cluster was only getting more fucked the longer they stood around. If peacemaking didn't work, Andy's next plan was to just drop his bags and start hauling people around by the collar until they got over their shit. That move had always worked on Andy and his brothers when their dad decided to bust it out during arguments that got too heated.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Emmett’s push felt rough, full of anger, real. It was not something Declyn was used to at all outside of purely playful turmoil. When he stumbled back against his own suitcase, his mind was blank. Some of the comments that had been thrown around the hallway made his heart feel much heavier than he usually let it, and he knew he didn’t want to let this escalate. Whatever part he had control over.

There were now three people in front of Declyn, almost making him look like some kind of final boss since Emmett would have to fight his way through Axel, Emil, and Cecil first to get back to him, just going more by where they were standing than by strength.

Cecil helped him maintain his balance and Declyn could feel small, tiny tears form at the corner of his eyes and please, no, just don't cry, plea—Fortunately, they weren’t going any further than that because Cecil realizing just then that Emmett was their roommate was…. hilarious really. One of his hands clutched the bottom of Cecil’s shirt, his fingers buried into the thin fabric while he listened to Andy’s announcement.

It sounded fair enough.

Sucking in a quiet breath, Declyn’s hand relaxed and he brushed it down against Cecil’s side before he moved passed him.

Then he locked arms with Emil, and his other with Axel, holding this one a bit closer. Not like it would stop them if they actually wanted to go all out. But he was trying.

“.... I’d rather not have anyone be sent home after five minutes of arriving because of a misunderstanding,” he said, sounding like there was a bit of a lump in his throat. His posture straightened but his expression showed uncertainty when his eyes met Emmett’s.

“So yeah. I don’t know. Changing shirts sounds wonderful.”
[+] V7

ImageDeclyn Grayson-Anthis | aesthetics

last google search - "cool off on hot summer days help"
PREGAME – Past: 1 , 2 | Present: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 | Prom: 1 , 2
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 ,9 , 10

ImageDane Lennox | aesthetics
last google search - "top ski resorts 2018"
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Emmett still felt anger and he knew that maybe he was being unfair to everyone here. No one wanted to deal with his shit. He knew that for a long time and he still couldn't stop himself from fucking things up. Maybe he did need to sort out whatever the hell was wrong with himself. Maybe he needed to talk to someone about his stupid, dumb feelings that were making him feel- No, firstly; he needed to calm down. Just not with these guys around. He wasn't ready for the disaster of sharing a room with Declyn. Not yet. Maybe not ever.

And now Declyn was trying to defuse the situation more after some of the others didn't want any fighting. He was also looking right at Emmett now as he had gotten closer and Emmett felt almost ashamed of himself. Now he didn't have the energy to snap back at the other boy anymore. Even if he had no right to say that he had been a crappy boyfriend to Adonis. Okay, he had been pretty shitty to Adonis sometimes. But....

No, I can't let Declyn get to me. A misunderstanding? What the fuck did he mean by that? But I know what I saw.... Adonis seemed like he was getting more distant with me and he seemed closer with Declyn. Aaahh! I don't fucking know what to think anymore! Goddammit!

Emmett let out a shaky breath and he picked up his suitcase that had fallen over, trying to not let himself want to throw it against the wall. He didn't really want to be there. "....I'm gonna.... I'm going to get some fresh air. I don't want to fight anymore. Since I can't treat anyone right." Emmett hated the words that were coming out of his mouth as they were tasteless lies that were easy for him to tell and his eyes with slight hurt in them were focused on Declyn. "....Fuck."

He turned away from the others and bailed out of there with his suitcase, feeling more empty than normal.

((Emmett Bunnell continued elsewhere))
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

This was turning into a colossal clusterfuck, and it was very quickly going from pretty funny to just annoying. Plus Andy sounded like he was gonna pull out his sweet bouncer skills and starting bouncing some asses if anything went down, which, like, not that he was ever not down to throw down with Andy, but this probably wasn't the time or the place. Some other dude he didn't recognize had straight inserted himself into the situation despite having, as far as he knew, not a damn thing to do with it, plus apparently Declyn and Cecil were rooming with Emmett which wow did anyone get a room what wasn't a shitshow besides him? He always thought he was an unlucky fuck but like, Jesus.

Emmett had fucked off, anyway, so not much left for him to do here. Not that Declyn could stay away from him if they were in the same room, but hopefully common sense would prevail, or whatever. Probably not. Wasn't like he could stick around all night to keep the two of them apart, though, so might as well... leave it to Cecil. Gross. That felt like a loss.

He shrugged and relaxed, turning to Declyn. "That's that, I guess. We're like—" he pointed toward the door Tyrell had disappeared into "—right down the hall, if he keeps being a prick. See you later, yeah?"

Then he leaned in and kissed him on the cheek before grabbing his suitcase and heading to his room. Fuck you, Cecil.

>> Axel Fontaine continued elsewhere...
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Emil looked back and forth as he started to realize that it wasn't Axel and Emmett planning to duke it out, but Emmett trying to duke it out with Declyn and Axel was getting between them and everyone was watching and shit was getting claustrophobic and Emil was expecting someone to start screaming Jay Jay WorldStar! but as quickly as it ramped up, Emmett just kind of deflated like a popped balloon and swoosed away. Everyone else was sauntering off too, and Emil was more confused than anything.

"The flip- err-The fuck?" Emil could only look back and forth crosseyed as the situation solved itself. That was cool. He wasn't expecting it, but it turned out okay. This was fine, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, crisis averted and all that. "So... What was that all about; you guys okay?" Emmett had a reputation of being a diva, but that was way too early in the trip for this shit to start going down. This was like, second to last day type bullshit, so what gives? Emil looked at Declyn, asking "Why's Emmett all pissed at you already? You put gum in his hair on the bus ride or something? Pee in his Wheaties?"

He looked down the hallway Emmett disappeared into. He looked back to the group. "So he's our roommate?" Emil knew he was rooming with an Emmett, but maybe it could be a different one? Was there any other Emmetts? Probably not, but he could hope, right? Emil's not a big fan of drama. "Hopefully he's done venting when he comes back."

Emil paused before looking around the hallway, then back towards Decyln and Cecil. So those were two of his roommates, with the third stomping off all hoity toity. For the most part, the planes, trains, and plantains wreck is all here. "Actually shit, lets go to our room, there's no point waiting out here when we have nice soft beds and chairs inside; you guys need help unpacking?" Emil stretched his arm past the two as he swiped the card into the door.
backslash

Post by backslash »

"I dunno what the fuck just happened, but cool. Andy out." Andy decided not to say any more shit about Axel getting admittedly pretty fucking gay right there in the hallway, instead turning on his heel and following Axel to the room that Ty had popped out of a few minutes before.

((Andy Silverman continued briefly in Room 713: We Didn't Start The Fire (Yet)))
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
LeslieFranc

Post by LeslieFranc »

His indignant reaction to realizing that they’d be rooming with the clearly volatile boy was promptly dismissed as two more guys tried to calm things down. It was pretty clear that Emmett wouldn’t be winning this…fight or whatever it is he instigated. Everyone else in the hallway besides him probably wants to get this over with and just get back to their rooms, and Cecil would gladly be of the same opinion despite his original plan being to get out of his. Now he just wants to go anywhere Declyn is and Emmett isn’t.

He warily glanced at Declyn when he moved past him to face Emmett, linking arms with the two guys who placed themselves in the front line against the angry blonde, leaving him in the back. Cecil couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow at calling it a “misunderstanding,” but since he barely knows what the whole story was about, he supposed he should just be relieved that Emmett decided to back off anyway.

I do hope he doesn’t start anything once we inevitably see him again, he wryly thought with a last glance at him before turning his attention back to Declyn with a relieved smile.

Said smile dropped to a thin line rather quickly however as he witnessed the red-haired rebel kiss the pastel green-haired boy on the cheek, Cecil’s wide eyes stuck at that particular place for a moment before narrowed eyes followed the boy who’s probably headed to his own room with his friend. He quickly realized what he was doing and forced himself to look away, as well as fix the probably idiotic look on his face. Not to mention, there’s the urge to immediately cling onto Declyn and kiss more than his cheek after seeing that.

I can do that right now, he considered, but then the only remaining guy in the hallway with them started talking, and it took Cecil a moment to realize that this guy is probably their other roommate. Or I can sort out my emotions on that matter a little later.

He politely smiled at…Emil, if I remember correctly, just relieved that at least their other roommate doesn’t seem to have any issues with them. At Emil talking about Emmett, he couldn’t help but make a rueful smirk.

“Good luck to whoever gets to share a bed with him,” he decidedly remarked to whoever as he stepped back a bit to give way to him after he swiped his card on the door. So far, Cecil thought Emil seemed pretty nice, for now at least, as he did note the loud idiot first impression he gave when Emmett was still here.

“Oh, I’ve already unpacked,” he replied before turning expectantly to the remaining person who most likely hasn’t.

Cecil paused for a bit, simply looking at Declyn. Then he remembered that recent scene, and he just asked, “So, what was that?”

He realized that he didn’t specify what exactly he’s asking about the moment the words left his mouth, but his eyes were looking at the direction of the room that guy pointed at as his right before…making Cecil rather unhappy. He wouldn’t even try acting nonchalant about it. He’s curious, uneasy and confused. Is it okay to be unhappy about it? He doesn’t know, maybe he’ll figure it out, but it’s what he’s feeling right now.
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Something about the spark of pain and weakness in Emmett’s eyes as they focused straight on Declyn’s almost spurred him to go after him, to call out to him and maybe, or definitely, apologize for his comment. The conclusion he had hoped for wasn’t there just yet and the heavy feeling in his chest was draining him, a feeling like he had just been beaten up not physically, but mentally.

Giving Emmett space right now seemed to be the best solution for everyone, and later.... Well, Declyn would figure it out. He rubbed his brow in frustration and looked down at the ground before his gaze followed Axel’s pointed finger. Right when he thought that he wouldn’t be able to calm down, it turned out that a peck on the cheek could suck some of that negative energy out of you. He just had to do it right then, huh? The nerve. The absolute nerve of this guy.

It left him with a baffled and flustered smile. “See you. And thanks....” Andy pretty much summed the whole ordeal up, and then the hallway felt empty.

Everything was okay. It was going to be okay.

He saw that Cecil was staring somewhere else and then Declyn turned his head to Emil to respond to his question. “.... How did you know I put gum in his hair?” He joked and grabbed the handle of his suitcase with his shoulder bag on top. “No, but—honestly I’m not even sure. It’s about his ex and a friend of mine, Adonis.” Declyn could tell him the whole story if Emil wanted to, but right now he just felt like they should get inside their room first.

Cecil reminded him that one of them had to share a bed with Emmett, and glancing inside the room confirmed it. Declyn knew who he wanted to spend the night with and that’s when he noticed the unhappy look on said person’s face, followed by a question that didn’t need much explanation judging by where he was looking at.

Oh. Oof.

Declyn could say it was nothing, but Axel was not nothing. Or listen, if you ever heard him sing, you’d want him to smooch you too. Instead of saying anything at all, he grabbed Cecil’s hand and squeezed it gently. He could show him that he liked him best but with Emil being here with them, he chose his words and actions more carefully. “That's just Axel being Axel.”

Would that satisfy him for now? Maybe.

What a rollercoaster.

“...I really need a shower.”
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Honestly Emil didn’t know what in the fuck was happening. So much shit happened at once that he was sure he was thinking 200% more in this one moment than he did normally 48 hours a day, 11 days a week. The plot has thickened harder then like, a thick milkshake.

Eventually the little hamster in his head ran too fast on its wheel and shot off at light speed, so he decided to quit thinking on it while he was ahead. All in all this was another episode of the reality tv show of GHHS, also known as Gays of Thrones. The last thirty seconds were lost on him and he decided he didn’t even wanna try to sleuth his way through it.

Declyn told Emil that Emmett was all pissed off about Adonis because Adonis was Declyn’s friend or something, but like wasn’t Emmett the one who did the breaking up, like that’s his own ass’s fault. Anywho, next bit of business was helping them get their stuff unpacked, like the good neighbor he was. But then, Cecil said he was good so eh, least he asked.

As they were planning on moving in, Cecil mentioned that someone would have to share a bed with Emmett. Cecil’s not it. Emil wanted to say not it, but the only other option is Declyn and to be quite honest, Emil didn’t want to see him get yeeted out the balcony so that left him. “Damn Daniel... Aight whatever.” Didn’t matter that much to him to be honest, just like, sleeping next to an angry meerkat is probably not the brightest of things he’s done, and that includes BB jewelry.

Declyn called dibs on the shower and Cecil got his own stuff squared away so he may as well focus and unpack. Emil laid his bags upon the bed and- oh, “Oh shit!” Emil loved this song! Unpacking could wait to be honest; this playlist was the shit, and Emil could use a break. He pulled his vape pen out his bag as MGMT began grieving in stereo blasting some Little Dark Age to his ear drums, and made his way to the balcony.

((Emil The Third, Continued Elsewhere.))
LeslieFranc

Post by LeslieFranc »

Emmett. Adonis. Axel. So many names that are connected to Declyn that it'd come to a point in which one will openly pick a fight with him and another will have no qualms in kissing him, both things that happened in the same hallway. The latter name disturbs Cecil the most, but Declyn reaching out to take his hand and squeeze it softly made him calm down a bit. His answer did not satisfy him at all, to be honest, but the hand-holding helped to somewhat reassure him of...something. That he shouldn't worry about it. That he's in the best place possible. That at least he's the one Declyn's with right now. Cecil's not completely sure what he himself did, but he felt a sense of accomplishment for some reason.

We definitely need to talk about that later though, he decided. Maybe even about us.

Cecil squeezed back in response, a small smile on his lips as he starts nodding to relay his...he's not sure whether understanding would be the right word, but he wants to show that he's...not really completely fine, just trying to be mostly patient and that he'll only be asking some questions once Declyn's comfortable to answer them. Hopefully soon. Plus, he said he wants a shower. Cecil can wait for a right time.

Oh what the hell.

In one quick movement, Cecil leaned down to give a small peck at Declyn's lips.

Now he definitely feels a lot better.

He grins before making his way to their room, just in time to see Emil pull out something that made Cecil's smile falter and turn to something a bit sterner. "Oh hell no," he muttered to himself as he goes to follow him to the balcony and first find out what exactly will he be inhaling.

((Cecil Salazar-Loveless continued elsewhere))
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Something told Declyn that Cecil wasn't going to let this go so easily and….

Okay, who was he kidding? He definitely wasn't.

Before he could even say or do something about Cecil's kiss, he was already gone after Emil. It left a tingly feeling on his lips, and inside it blossomed into a burst of love and pure affection.

He huffed out a laugh through his nose that was barely perceptible, looking at the ground when he dragged his suitcase behind him.

Now, time to check out the lovely thinking room, also known as the bathroom.

[Declyn continued elsewhere]
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr

Return to “The Hotel”