High Fashion, High Prices

TIme to go shopping

The U-shaped Western wing of the mall is filled with a pleasing mixture of large clothing stores and smaller specialty boutiques. Forever 21, Express, FYE, Brookstone, and Sephora can all be located within this area. The far end of the annex is dominated by a Macy’s and a Sears department stores.
Aura

High Fashion, High Prices

Post by Aura »

(Stacey Mordetsky continued from Morning at the Mordetsky Mansion)

Ugh, don't they know that periwinkle blue stopped being in style last season?

Stacey Mordetsky made her way through the racks of clothes in her favorite boutique, Runway.  As she glanced at each article of clothing, she silently critiqued them in her mind.  Patterns, colors, and fabrics all came into account.  If she was going to spend her hard-inherited money on clothes, then she was going to make sure that they were up to her standards.  All those years of reading Vogue and Cosmo had given her an acute eye for fashion, and she would not be caught dead in something tacky or out of season.

Happening across the formal wear section, she began scanning the dresses.  She would need something sleek, sexy, and form-fitting.  No matter what the occasion, she always had to make sure that she was the best-looking person in the room, no exeptions.  After a few minutes of searching and judging, she found a red dress that seemed to fit her interests.

Well, red's always in season, and it definitely has that going for it.  Hemline's short enough to show off, but long enough to keep a bit of mystery.  Neckline's something that I can definitely work with.  Looks a little snug, but that's nothing that I can't deal with.  Yep, I think that we might have a winner here.

Stacey was convinced that this was the dress for her.  She continued to scan it for a few moments longer, just to make sure that there were no imperfections.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

((Miranda Millers continued from Gotta Go Fast!))

Alright, so what could she get today?

Something in style. Something classy. Something in good quality. Something at a good price, not overpriced or anything.

It had to be the best, or at least worth the cost.

Her father always drilled prices and such in her head. Make sure everything was the exact cost it deserved! Make sure it's good quality! And don't frivolously spend money on things! He was always kind of... worried about that sort of thing, and to some extent it had extended to Miranda. In addition, Miranda was genuinely interested in fashion design, so...

Well, buying new clothes could be considered somewhat frivolous, right? Depends on the context. Here, Miranda was planning on spending money on only one thing. Maybe two, if she spotted something she thought looked good with it. She had enough money for it, she was sure.

The current fashion season was already partway through, and while she did have some things to go with the new and current trends, she just needed to update a little bit. So far, based on what she knew, athletic looks, 1920s looks, neons, and prints were in style.

To her, fashion was important, yes. It left a good impression. But there was also something rather... artistic making clothes, or finding two clothes to work together. While there were rules for each season, it didn't hurt to experiment. It's just... rules. Artistic rules. But occasionally you can break them. It was hard to explain, really. You have to keep in mind shades of colors, for example.

Miranda always found that she didn't look good in orange, even if apparently orange was becoming a thing. So no orange. She looked horrid in orange. Probably keep going with the pastels. Those were still in fashion, that she knew of, and she looked better in them. So something pastel. Something nice.

Well, if she spotted something, she spotted something. Better be good.

As she examined a soft pink dress, knee-length (by her guess), and with a square neckline and no sleeves, she wondered. Nah, probably not. Maybe. It looked nice, but it didn't instantly jump out at her. Miranda gently placed it back on the rack. Well, looks like her quest was going to continue a bit longer-

Oh hi Stacey. What a coincidence, seeing you here. Maybe. Kind of.

Miranda walked over to her, her heels audibly clicking with each step.

"Stacey. What a surprise."

A genuine smile passed over her lips.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

((Amaranta Montalvo continued from Violet Blue Dragon))

Mara took notice of the other nearby voices from a few racks over and slowly turned.  

"Why, hello dolls," she said, taking a few long strides towards them and stopping just short of being invasive.  

Mara waved cheerfully at the other two girls. Her normally stick straight hair was in artificial, soft, tousseled waves with the hair near her face secured in the back with gold hair ornament. She wore an orange tunic that fell a few inches above her knees, patterned with black and white swirls and diamonds. She wore leather gladiator sandals with the leather straps crossing and weaving intricately, up to her mid calf. In her hand was a little light brown messenger bag with  Cs covering the surface in a darker brown.  

She stood politely with her hands clasped in front of her, smiling. An observant person might notice, however, that as she spoke and stood her eyes were darting over the two girls.  

"How are you two?"
Dropbear†

Post by Dropbear† »

[[Jamie Snicket continued from Perfect]]

Jamie had an unusual knack for knowing where everyone was at a specific time. Considering that it was a day off and that most of the girls were bitching about everyone's looks and clothes the other day, the most likely places to find them would be in the shopping mall, the fancy section. As she had just come out of Sephora looking for lipstick and saw nobody, the next best guess would be clothes, probably Runway. Checking her small bag (a few deep shades of red, eyeliner, nothing too big), she started to make her way over, going through her iPhone quickly for messages. Training sessions, she needed to actually go to them one day. Something about another couple might be breaking up on Facebook. Nothing too big.

Giving an aside glance through the store glass, she immediately spotted Miranda out from the crowd. Jeez, she needed to stop eating that plant growth stuff otherwise she'd end up being on the basketball team as well as track. Sliding through the doors, Jamie waded through the colours of fabric, noticing the other two girls, Mara and Stacey. Not all of the gang, but close enough. Hell, she might pick up an idea from one of them for a new dress maybe.

"Right on time. I think we need to find less obvious places to shop," commented Jamie, as she slipped into the mini-circle forming. "Nice shoes, Mara."

A small smile appeared.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Dropbear. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Stacey continued to examine the dress as though she were a scientist analyzing his studies.  The dress appeared flawless by her standards, and her standards happened to be VERY high.

"Stacey.  What a surprise."

Stacey looked away from the dress to find the source of the voice.  It was Miranda Millers.  She breathed a small sigh of relief.  At least it hadn't been her brother coming to tell her that she had locked her keys in the car again.  Miranda was cool as far as Stacey was concerned.  No weirdness involved, and she also happened to have a good eye for fashion as well.

"Oh, Miranda, are you shopping today, too?"

"How are you two?"

Stacey turned her head again, this time seeing Mara Montalvo joining their little conversation.

"I'm fine, Mara.  Just looking for a dress."

"Right on time.  I think we need to find less obvious places to shop."

Jamie Snicket had also arrived.  Stacey now had three of her friends in the store with her.  It was weird.  She hadn't called anyone to say that she was going to the mall, so how did they find her?

"So, what are all you girls doing in here?"  Stacey asked.  "Trying to find some new clothes?  Let me tell you something.  Blue and purple are out, so forget about anything in those colors.  Red, pink, and black are totally in, though, so find something in one of those."

Stacey smiled.  She had not only met her friends in the mall, she could keep them from making huge fashion mistakes.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Miranda nodded in response to Stacey's question.

"Yes", she said, still smiling.

Then right on cue, Mara had popped in. Again, a pleasant surprise. Mara was another good friend of hers. And guess what? Both her and Stacey shared one thing in common with Miranda; fashion. So, what a pleasant coincidence. Surely they would be able to have fun with each other with this. Though Mara's eyes did make her slightly nervous. She knew that she was just as critical of outfit choices. Then again, Miranda was the same, but still. But she was still happy to see her, and kept her smile.

"Doing good, Mara. And you?"

And as if that weren't enough, Jamie had shown up as well. Sweet. Miranda couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at the comment about being predictable. In a way... that was true, actually. How else would they end up in the same store, after all? But that wasn't a bad thing. Far from it.

Stacey then went on about fashion trends and such. It wasn't that hard, avoiding a fashion disaster. You just need to know what's in and out, and understand things like what colors go together and junk. Stacey seemed to think pink, red, and black were better choices this season, while blue and purple were not. Miranda had her own thoughts on the matter.

"The trends this season are pretty okay. I'm pretty sure that retro stuff is in, you know? Pastels are fresh as always, and there are plenty of bright shades. Prints are pretty stylish this time, and I think athletic looks are good. What do you guys think about it?"
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Mara looked slightly over her shoulder with her eyes shifted far to the side to avoid needing to turn her body further. Jamie arrived and she complimented Mara's sandals. If the way to a man's heart was through his stomach then the way to Mara's heart was through compliments.

She beamed and smiled brightly. "Thank you, they're great for summer," she gushed.

Stacy was looking for a dress. Mara leaned against a rack of clothes and toyed with a dangling price tag.

"A dress?" she asked, looking up at Miranda for just an instant before batting the price tag again.

"What sort? It happens by chance that I'm looking for one too. I've got to get a new pageant dress for an upcoming competition. Something flashy."

Miranda mentioned retro fashions as a trend for the upcoming year. Mara knew who she could rely on for what information and Miranda was well studied in clothes.

"Well, I do love 1940's and 1950's pin up fashion but I just don't think I could pull it off at school. It takes some guts to slap on a red lip and winged liquid eye liner."  
Aura

Post by Aura »

Stacey listened to her friends' ideas for clothes, taking every word into account.

Retro.  Pastels.  Prints.  Athletic looks.  I'll have to look this up when I get home.

For now, all she could do was trust her friends' instincts on what they should wear.  She glanced around the store in an attempt to find something that would fit their needs.  

"Well, Miranda, I think that if you want something athletic, then you should probably look at the tank tops over on that rack.  Stacey pointed to a rack in the middle of the store.  "They have a good variety of colors and they breathe pretty well, in addition to being quite form-fitting."

She turned her attention to Mara.  "Now Mara, if you want a dress for a competition, and you want something flashy, then I think that I've found what you need right here."  She motioned to a black dress to her right.  "Long, flowing hemline to give the dress more of a classy feel.  Hangs off the shoulder for a touch of sophistication.  Not to mention the nice, silky fabric, making the dress lovely to the touch."

Stacey sounded like she was reading directly off of a fashion magazine with her descriptions.  If she had put as much effort into school as she did into clothes, then she would probably be on the honor roll.

"So, what do you guys think?"
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

((Oh, my god, Kat Tolstoff's starting pregame!))

Another day, another hoop, another drop

Kat was walking through the mall after basketball practice. For once, she seriously needed some time off to rest, and possibly get omething for herself. She wasn't looking for anything too too expensive, maybe just an extra pair of jeans or something. She looked through the stores. Sephora, no. She didn't want anything that could wash off with her sweat at this point. There were some more mainstream shops, but getting clothes from a JCPenney? Ugh. Then she looked over to Runway.

Well, well. Maybe I can get something here, and hey ...

Kat fished into the pocket of her jeans to take out her cell phone, switching to camera mode through the touch screen in a practiced gesture and zooming in as she walked towards the people she thought it might be.

Yup. Who else? The popular girls, to which she fit like a glove. Stacey Mordetsky was showing off her encyclopedic knowledge of anything and everything that involved looking good. Kat put her phone away and approached the group.

"So, what do you guys think?"

"Well, I'd have to say go for it. If you're trying to wow the guys, I don't think you could go wrong with that, assuming that you're not wearing that at school. That would just be ridiculous." Okay, maybe that last part was a bit Captain Obvious, but then again, the first part was, too.
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

"Well, I think for right now 1920s stuff is coming in style in particular, based off what I've heard. But of course... that ones are kind of nice, in my personal opinion."

Did that count as retro? Well, it was old, wasn't it? Old, fashionable, neo-1920s? Yeah. She used the right terms, right? Retro equals 1920s and old fashions. There you go!

But yeah. There wasn't anything bad about 40s-60s wear. In fact, Miranda thought that they oftentimes looked quite pretty. After all, she'd been experimenting with that sort of look oron her own a bit in recent history. But it took a bit of work to make them... well, work. On the other hand? When it worked? It worked.

Oh? Mara's looking for something for the next pageant? Miranda didn't know much about pageant-wear, unfortunately. She knew a lot about clothes in general, but she didn't know what they wanted in particular for pageants. Pageants had their own rules, after all. The closest she could come to was "formal wear". So maybe that was just it.

Stacey added in more on the topic, saying that there was a good selection of tank tops she could look at if she wanted any sort of athletic looks. Well well. She had bought a tank top here once. Wasn't bad, actually. They had them in nice shades. While the weather was warming up a bit... well, it was Seattle. One day it could be sunny, the next pouring out from the skies. That was the main problems with wearing sunny weather clothes here, really.

Oh, that was a pretty dress.

Stacey had pointed out a nice black one for Mara.

"That one looks pretty", she commented. "It has a nice look to it, and can't go wrong with black, right?"

With that, Kat approached. Kat? Was another good friend of hers. Her best buddy, in fact. She just swooped in and added her thoughts. Just like that. Why she thought it was for school, she didn't know, but she giggled slightly, hiding her mouth behind her hand. It was safe to presume she was joking.

"Hi Kat. We were just looking at pageant dresses for Mara. She says she needs one for the next competition."
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

One of Mara's well groomed eye brows arched slightly listening to Stacy. She motioned to the black dress and Mara folded her arms across her chest and motioned her head towards the garment with a bit of a shrug. She smiled.

"It's is nice, isn't it? Sexy."

She tilted her head to the right, to the left and stood up straight again looking at the dress.

"Not hoochie though, right? I don't want the announcer asking the judges to give a big round of applause for Candy on the main stage."

She looked to the other girls for an opinion. Quickly she glanced at her phone as was her habit and then shoved it nervously back into her pocket.

And just then by chance Kat walked up. She gave an assessment of her thoughts on the dress and just as Miranda was saying the obvious, that of course it wasn't for school, Mara's eyes lit up and she hip checked Miranda  

"Shhh, let's have some fun" she whispered quickly to Miranda.

She stood up straight again and shot a quick look of warning to Stacy.

"Yeah. I'm looking for something to wear to the next student council fund raiser and I've got my eye on a special someone."

She pulled the black dress and grabbed a pair of pink lucite heels with a big sparkly platform.

"What do you think?" she said sincerely as she held the two out at Kat.
AtomicVandal†

Post by AtomicVandal† »

((Francisco "Frank" Reyes Lanza: Start))

Frank felt like a fish out of water. And that was the optimistic take. His eyes scanned the store back and forth taking notice of who entered and who exited. This errand of his would surely get the attention of the people inside the store.  

The swing of the door made him slightly queasy on his midsection. He breathed deep. He could do this. He couldn't give a damn about what people said, but explaining could be rather annoying.

"I can do this."

He said to himself as he took confident strides, his eyes set on a one way trip without return.  He entered Runway.  His mother always appreciated some stylish gifts which the store could provide. Although the store didn't match with his type, and surely would get some stares.

He made his best effort to continue unfazed as he approached the nearby stand of scarves and neckwear, feeling the texture of a couple of them. He also took notice of the colour, only to remember that he was essentially colour-blind in the world of female fashion. He consoled himself knowing that it was the thought that it counted. It counted more than matching colours and current trends.  He couldn't afford the newest items.

His ear caught on female voices. Voices those were somehow familiar, perhaps too familiar. He turned towards the source in an effort to identify them. Only after doing so, he would realize his mistake.

"Well, damn." He said, frowning slightly upon finding the lot of them. There would be talk at the school about this...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler AtomicVandal. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

((Eliza Patton re-premiered from LSMFT))

The year was probably starting out how she liked. The damn Snowpocalypse fizzled out for arriving 11 months early, but Seattle was never known for being nice and warm. At least compared to elsewhere inland from King County.

Nevertheless, Eliza Patton needed to be someplace warm.

The younger Patton certainly stood out like a gangrenous, let alone sore thumb as she entered this place of high fashion and high prices. Certainly one that flaunted being a Seattle(-brand?) punk would have at least two rent-a-cops keeping an eye out in case she picked some Michael Kors or Collezione Mondeci to smuggle out and hock to please her pimp up in Renton or Rainier Beach. Someone to violently restrain and parade out to the well-to-do that at least we didn't have that kind of people in this neighborhood.

And nobody represented that kind of person than the school's very own Bitch Squad, who were currently wetting their beaks (among other things, possibly) at whatever would probably end up in the bargain bins come spring. The same bargain bins where she got most of her favorite attire.

Hell, even she knew it wasn't quite her kind of store. She was practically "selling out" by walking in here. But her policy had always been "anything goes." And she never discriminated when she found something she thought would look good on her - at least after a few homemade modifications.

"Well damn."

Eliza could probably put a name to that voice. Fortunately, she faced the man from whose lungs that exclamation were spouted.

Cisco Lanza. She didn't quite have any idea why she called him that, maybe it just sounded nicer than Francisco or Frank. Besides, who would name their kid Cisco anyway? Wasn't that some tech company? In any case, he was someone she'd gravitate to easier for at least knowing each other in non-hostile terms.

Apparently she went to the same tattoo parlor run by Lanza's new stepdad. And hell, if that didn't give Cisco "cred" in her eyes, she didn't know what did.

She strolled around the tables and shelves toward him with a slight smile on her face and her hands in the pockets of her jacket, hoping to greet him from behind. But even she knew that she wasn't exactly hard to notice.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Will†

Post by Will† »

[[Finn Grant continued from Clap Your Hands]]

Finn strolled down the western end of Lone Pine Mall with his hand in his pockets. He turned his head every time he walked past a shop, looking through its doors in search for his friends. It was their day off so they were bound to be there. Finn was seeking for one shop in particular. His eyes scanned the name of every shop, searching for the shop named Runway. Runway was his friends favourite shop to shop in for clothes so it was highly likely that they would be there.

As Finn spotted Runway, he made a B-line towards it. Getting closer to the shop, Finn gripped hold of his phone in his pocket and pulled it out. He held it close to his stomach in case his friends weren't actually there and he had to call them up.  

Approaching the entrance of Runway, Finn spotted a large group of people within the shop, most notable the stylish clothing choice of Amaranta Montalvo and the bleach-blond hair of Stacey May-Mordetsky. Slipping his phone back into is skin-tight jeans, Finn smiled and outstretched his arms in front of him and ran to his friends.

"Hello girls!" Finn shouted with enthusiasm.

Finn reached his friends and then put his arms around the shoulders of Mara and Jamie.

"So, what are you guys do-"

Finn stopped in mid-sentence as out of the corner of his eye, he spotted the blond mohawk of Eliza Patton. Finn scrunched up his nose in distaste; she looked like someone out of a heavy metal rock band.

"Don't look now, but there's that Eliza Patton girl over there." Finn said whispered giving another sneaky side glance at Eliza.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Will. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Well, it seemed like Stacey's fashion suggestions were going pretty well.  Miranda and Mara seemed to like what she had found, and Kat Tolstoff had just showed up.  Mara told Kat that she was looking for a dress to impress someone at a fund raiser.  Stacey raised an eyebrow at this, but didn't question it.

"Hello girls!"

The unmisitakable voice of Finn Grant made itself known, and Finn joined the group.  He began to say something else, but he stopped partway through and wrinkled his nose as if he had smelled a rotting steak.  He whispered to the rest of the group.

"Don't look now, but there's that Eliza Patton girl over there."

Stacey looked over and saw Eliza, feeling disgusted at the sight of the punk girl.

Seriously?  Those piercings?  That mohawk?  Those tattoos?  She looks like a filthy heavy metal groupie.

But Eliza wasn't the only person that caught Stacey's eye.  The also saw the tall figure of Fransisco Lanza.  She had heard of him around the school, and he apparently hung around the local tattoo shop a lot.  It was a difficult decision for Stacey to decide who to harass.  As far as she was concerned, neither of them had any right to be in a store as refined as Runway.  As she saw Eliza walk closer to Frank, however, an idea formed in her head.  A cruel grin spread across her face as she came up with a plan.

Just follow me."  She whispered to her friends.  She approached Frank and Eliza and spoke up with a deliberately condesending tone.

"Oh look, girls, it's Eliza!  Oh, and Frankie, too!  What are you two doing here?"

Return to “Western End”