Soar

Closed - Grim Wolf and Decoy73

Wanna roleplay out those big events? House parties, football games, wrestling matches, and even prom can all be found right here! Feel free to post your own events, and make sure to jump into others as well!
daybreak†

Soar

Post by daybreak† »

((Continue from Come Fly With Me))

The pace was set almost the instant they had hit the streets. No stopping, not a moment to slow down...the scenery around them was just a blur. Kale felt the sky calling to him as he pushed himself to run even faster.

His feet left the ground and he flew for just a second, leaping down a set of stairs, before he slid under a railing. His eyes flickered back, checking to see the others were on his heels. Good, he thought when he was sure. He was glad he didn't have to hold himself back. Smiling a little to himself, he stepped up a bus stop bench and leapt off, keeping up his momentum as he went. Footing was important on how he landed, he really had to conetrate on how he rolled his steps. He didn't want a repeat of last month's injury.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler daybreak. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

(Jason Clarke continued from Come Fly With Me)

"Holy hell. That was quite a jump, eh?"

Jason watched for a second as Kale and David took off, treating the world like one giant, interactive obstacle course. They might be able to go that extreme, but he himself was going to have to tone it down. Jason took off after David, vaulting over the fence and jumping off of a railing to land past the cars in the parking lot. All the while, he was wondering if Kale and David were insane like foxes, or just insane. Jason just smiled. Maybe it was for the best. Sometimes, it was fun to go crazy.
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

(David continued from Come Fly With Me)

"Sweet jesus!"

David watched in awe as Kale slid beneath a rail and passed some steps. He had known that parkour tended to be extremely acrobatic, but it hadn't occurred to him that Kale would be so good at it.

Still, looked like it was worth a try. Jason seemed to think so, at any rate.

Feeling a little more ballsy, David launched himself towards the railing, took four running steps upon it, and then leapt off, following Kale. It didn't quite work: his jump wasn't high enough, and he had to scramble desperately to make it. He took a second to pant and then Jason was past him, launching himself off a fence onto some parked cars just beyond it.

Damn it.

David followed, taking two bounding steps down after Jason since I didn't think he'd successfully be able to roll.
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
daybreak†

Post by daybreak† »

Not bad... Kale had slowed to check up on the others. Once they were out on the open streets again he let himself go full throttle.

"It's okay to just let your body work it out for you," he explained, before he jumped up onto a small barricade. "Go by feel." He leapt off, heading towards one of the side streets and down to a dead end. "Because not every way is so straight forward."

His copper eyes lit up and his body took the most instinctual path. In a few bounds he was up a dumpster and jumping for the fire escape above it. The metal shuddered as he scaled it level by level, ignoring the ladders completely. Slipping over the top, the runner disappeared from view for a moment.

"Hey!" He poked his head over the edge, grinning like an idiot. "This way up if you want to fly. . ."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler daybreak. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Jason looked up to where Kale's voice was ... and stared when he saw Kale looking down at them from the roof of the building. Holy shit. This guy is CRAZY.

Jason ran his right hand across the stubble on his chin, then looked around. He could attempt to go straight up, except to get to Kale, that was defined as "scaling the building barehanded." Not an option. He could go into the building. Yeah, and do what? Ask for rooftop access? Then there was the fire escape in the alley. Jump on the dumpster, use the ladders, wouldn't be TOO difficult. Jason immediately turned into the alley and launched himself off the dumpster, grabbing onto the ladder, and climbing, running the zigzag maze of iron up and back, up and back. As soon as he reached the roof, Jason slowed, so that he was running in place, smiling.

"Kale, this is fucking INSANE! Where do you get these ideas?" Jason chuckled, unable to stop grinning. This was a thrill ride.

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
daybreak†

Post by daybreak† »

"Kale, this is fucking INSANE! Where do you get these ideas?"

The said teen was all smiles, all energy. It was coming off him in waves.

"Ideas?" He laughed a little. "I don't think, I just do." Hoping from foot to foot, Kale waited in anticipation, the sun glowing off his bronze skin and light reflecting in his eyes.

Yeah, he was in the flow today.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

David was feeling hesitant: that climb was extraordinary, watching Jason scale the fire escape like an insect, his limbs flying over routes that weren't even there. How could he keep up with that?

Well, Jason had found a way.

Once again, David chose a middle road between Kale's madness and Jason's caution. He launched himself towards the dumpster, latched onto the edge of the fire escape, and flipped himself over the side. He jarred his shoulder on impact but forced himself up, straightening out and pulling himself to each level after two or three bounding steps on the fire escape stairs. He caught up to the other two.

"Seriously," David agreed, coming in six or seven seconds behind Jason and just in time to hear his words. "You're a madman."

Not that it wasn't fun.

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[/url]

V6

V5

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

daybreak†

Post by daybreak† »

Kale looked between the two. He didn't get it. He was just doing his usual. Shrugging a little, he looked off and beyond.

"Let's keep moving, yeah?" He set off, running the length of the building at full speed. He had one destination in mind and anything between him and it meant nothing. He launch himself off the roof, keeping his legs tucked under and his arms spread like wings. It was at least a two or three metre distance to the next building, but the difference in height made the jump easier. The runner landed on the other side rolling with his shoulder first, then back onto his feet fluidly.

Kale trotted back to the edge, he beckoned the other two.

"C'mon, let's keep this jam moving..."
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Leaping over rooftops. This guy really was insane. David had powerful legs and had little chance of missing the lower rooftop, but they were two stories up and the consequences of missing were much harsher. He needed a way down, a way to pull ahead of Kale but--and Kale had made this very clear, this was the essence of freerunning for him--he had to find a creative way down...

There.

There was a stack of crates that didn't look too sturdy, but they were arranged rather conveniently in a stair-like formation.

"I think I'm gonna win, Kale!" David called out, and was off before the other guy could respond.

He launched himself down, landed atop them, and began to rebound as they fell. That, at least, was the plan. What actually happened was that they were less sturdy than they looked. His bruised foot went straight through and he was only barely able to pull his ankle out as he pitched to the bottom. He managed to roll away from the toppling boxes, but scraped his knees and elbows as he hit the pavement. He shoved himself up and set off limping down the street.

And laughed. Laughed half in terror and half in exhilaration.

Soaring. Damn it if Kale wasn't right.

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

daybreak†

Post by daybreak† »

Kale grinned. A challenge, eh?

He planted his hands on the edge of the building and leapt over, gripping on, his feet steadied on the wall before he dropped the few metres down onto the steps leading up to the buildings entry way. A well executed demi tour...The teen jumped down the stairs, bouncing slightly as he landed.

"Now you're getting it! That was a nice roulade!" He called after, now giving chase. "Let's move, Jason!"
ifnotwinter†

Post by ifnotwinter† »

[OOC: Okay, guys, this is an official warning to keep it down. Kale is experienced at parkour and I've already talked to daybreak about what he can and cannot do; Grim Wolf, your character does not do parkour and could probably not make a six to nine foot jump between buildings. If I interpreted your post correctly, he also launched himself off a building and landed on some crates without any injury. Unless he has had experience falling and knows how to do it - contrary to popular belief it is not instinct - he wouldn't be able to do that. Not to mention that crates really really would not break his fall.

Stick to what you know. If you're not willing to RP realistically, you won't be RPing here at all.

Thanks.]
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ifnotwinter. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

"I think I'm gonna win, Kale!"

As David jumped onto the crates, Jason scanned his surroundings. That's how he did it. Scan as many scenarios, and pick the best (in the case, defining "best" as "safest") one. He silently cussed as David landed on the crates, which buckled under the force of his landing. There goes one way down.

"Now you're getting it! That was a nice roulade!"

He looked across the gap to see Kale leap off the building he was on, planting his feet on the wall, before landing on the steps and running off. How do I get down, though?

"Let's move, Jason!"

Only one option seemed open to Jason: go back the way he came. He immediately ran for the fire escape, going down the steps three at a time. Halfway down the ladder, Jason merely jumped onto the edge of the dumpster and pushed away from the wall, landing on the ground, hands out, in a clumsy roll. He shook off the pain, feeling nothing majorly wrong, and ran towards Kale and David.

"Wow." He breathed out, grimacing from the scrape he saw on his right hand. Didn't seem that bad, it could probably wait until they hit the Varsity. He looked at the other two. "Sorry. I'm a human stick figure."

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

[Hmm, that is a terrible post, on balance, though I think I can justify something under David's athleticism...got it. Edited.]

Was his ankle alright? Yes, David thought so. He hadn't seriously hurt it, but he didn't want to put too much pressure anymore. Two injuries in perhaps twenty minutes was probably overdoing it.

He limped after Jason and Kale, his adrenaline fading a bit as he tried to follow.

"On second thought!" he called. "I think you're going to win!"

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

daybreak†

Post by daybreak† »

Kale paused, a frown on his features. Jogging back, he put a hand up to stop David.

"Hold on a second." He was limping, that probably wasn't a good thing. "What's up? Your ankle?" The runner turned back to Jason. "Hold up, Jason...Actually, get back here, your hand's bleeding." Kale's energy faded slighty. Digging around in his waist pouch, he pulled out some gauze and band-aids. "We'll fix this up and keep going, yeah?"
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

David grinned. "Relax, Kale, I'm fine." He waved them off, kept limping. "Twisted it a bit, that's all. You guys get on." He laughed. "I'll catch up. You and Jason still got a race to finish, don't you?"

He kept moving, still smiling. Wouldn't be able to run on it for at least an hour or two, but he could still move without too much of a problem. He wouldn't have any trouble getting there.

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

Return to “Events”