English Class Odyssey (PUBLIC)

OPEN TO ALL

Events and happenings began influencing who our characters are long before the SOTF ACT was even a glimmer in someone's eye. Have an interesting memory of your character's to share? Want to show the world why they are the way they are? Even if you just want to establish why they like comic books, this is the place to do it!
decoy73

English Class Odyssey (PUBLIC)

Post by decoy73 »

(OOC: Here's how this will work: This takes place during an English class freshman year. If your character was a freshman at Bayview Secondary School, that character can be in exactly one post, where they can answer the question posted.)

Bayview Secondary School, 2004-2005 school year, Freshman English class ...

"So after reading The Odyssey, the one thing I'm really wondering is: who was the bigger antagonist? Poseidon or Antinous?

Charlene Norris thought about the question posed to the class. Unlike most books she'd had to read for this class (or even any class), she'd actually been interested in The Odyssey (meaning that she had read, not skimmed, the book from start to finish, and actually remembered some of the details). They'd both been so mean to Odysseus, but still, Poseidon hadn't allowed Odysseus to go home for ten years. With out thinking, Charlene raised her hand.

"I think that Poseidon was worse. I mean, so Odysseus made a mistake. It's not worth robbing a man of ten years of his life. Even at the end, Odysseus still isn't free. Poseidon should have just forgiven Odysseus."
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Elma†

Post by Elma† »

((hope I used the right names, I haven't studied greek myths since I was a freshie))
Amanda sat directly behind Charlene, filing her nails as the plucky cheerleader answered the question. She was entirely oblivious to the fact that the question has been directed at the entirety of the class.

She extended her palm out, flexing her newly groomed nails, admiring her handiwork. The teacher would interpret that as raising her hand, and called out to the girl.

"Amanda Sinclair? What do you think?"

Bloody hell.. Amanda stumbled to come up with an answer. She hadn't read past the third chapter with some bloke named Telemachus or something along those lines. She didn't even know who Antinous was, and had a general idea of who Odysseus and that Poseidon guy were. Fuck.. this is going to suck

----

Meghan, seated directly adjacent to Amanda, luckily had read the epic poem, and was ready to retort with an answer, sparing Amanda.

"Well Professor, I think it would have to be Poseidon as well. 10 years is such a long time to be apart from loved ones. And in Odysseus' defense, Polythemus was the aggressor, not Odysseus. It was a justifiable attack"

She soon placed her hand on her open palm and started back to the clock, which occupied so much of her time in class. So close.. yet so far She counted the minutes before next period, which she and Amanda had a study hall. She softly giggled at the irony.

Suddenly she felt a jab with the blunt end of a pencil, who's eraser had long been grated down. She looked eye level to Amanda, who tilted her laptop screen so she could read it.

"Hanako's. 5 minutes before class ends. Fake your per or something" Amanda shut her laptop and stood up to walk out, saying something inaudible to the teacher as she left.

Hanako's? I'm so there Meghan smiled.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Elma. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Memories from the Past (V4)”