If You Were Friends With the Kids in Here, You'd be Home by Now

Slam's buddy/pals thread!

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Slam

If You Were Friends With the Kids in Here, You'd be Home by Now

Post by Slam »

Note that these ideas are still relatively early stage and liable to be further fleshed out in due time. Be sure to check back in later if nothing jumps out at you now!

Teddie Boyd

Theodore 'Teddie' Boyd is an extraverted creative. He loves being around friends and other people, but also can be pretty desperate for attention, possibly because he's a middle child. He wants to get along with everyone, and can sometimes be A Bit Much. He loves animation, especially Pixar, and wants to be a 3D animator when he grows up. He has a pet ferret that he loves to bits, and is working on a short sample of animation involving said ferret. Progress is slow but steady. He became a furry after watching Zootopia, and is in the art club.

He also is a premie and hence has a weaker immune system and only one testicle (this is public knowledge thanks to an unfortunate school shower incident). He tries not to let it get him down, though, and participates in school sport events as the team mascot (assuming the position is available at time of apps). He is also probably bi because I haven't written a bi guy yet, but knowing me if he did wind up in a relationship it would probably be pretty gay. But he's open to both, so let's see where the chemistry is!

[+] Teddie relationships
Brook Peterson - Amicable if not close.
Izzy Sutton - Has a bit of a thing for but can't really keep up with her.
Betty Dixon - They may have bumped uglies, but neither of them are entirely sure. Otherwise get along.
Raf Halili - Teddie irritates Raf unintentionally and Raf compensates by mocking his one-nad status.
Jordan Toribio - May or may not be familiar, depends how social Jordan is.
Kiana Coleman - Friends!
What Teddie Wants
- Friends! Teddie is friendly with just about everyone so if you also want friends, the two of you will get along.
- People who have been rubbed the wrong way by Teddie's over-enthusiasm
- Comrades in his mascot escapades, either sports team members or cheerleaders.
- Rude people who think his monorchism is hilarious or just enjoy like taking the piss out of the guy in the big costume in general.
- Teddie seems to sleep around a lot, so let me know if you think your kid might've done the deed with him.

Spuds Bullock

Lara 'Spuds' Bullock is a young potato farmer slash defence lacrosse player. She is a very well-built gal who forsakes sleeves and regularly commutes by bike to school, putting her in all around top-shape. Contrary to stereotypes, she's also a promising STEM student and has aspirations to study horticulture or biology at college. Her parents would prefer it if she saved the money and kept working on the farm though, and this causes her some stress. Her nickname comes from both her family profession and her love of baked potatos at lunch. She is a bit insecure about not being more feminine at times, even in this modern day and age, and can get a bit defensive when she's out of her element. She has a good heart, but she's more partial to tough love than coddling. She isn't going to let bullies do their thing right in front of her though, that's for sure.
[+] Spuds relationships
Brook Peterson - Mutually chill but not a fan of him making fun of people.
Izzy Sutton - Fistbump respect. May share basement potatoes with her.
Betty Dixon - Also respects but doesn't have much time to hang out with.
Raf Halili - Not her favourite person but Raf at least respects her.
Kiana Coleman - May be the target of her one-sided crush.
What Spuds Wants
- Fellow athletes or green thumb havers to be friends with.
- Spuds respects girls who are themselves and dance to their own rhythm, so you'll likely earn her approval if you do that.
- On the other hand, Spuds hates bullies or people who don't stand up for themselves or who laze about, so if you're one of those you'll likely have earned her ire.
- I'd also quite like it if she could be good friends with a short dainty girl who never the less has a strong personality. I feel the two would make a good pair.
- Her relationship interests are currently undecided.

Please let me know if you think you'd like to be friends/enemies/lovers/family members with either of these kids. If you have any ideas that don't fit into my What They Want lists, let me know anyway! Hopefully we can work together to make a really cool pairing.
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
LeslieFranc

Post by LeslieFranc »

Slam wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:37 pm Teddie would probably like Alec. He's a creative type too so they could be pals over that, though Teddie's in a different medium.

Spuds would probably loathe Eunice due to her perceived laziness and horrible personality. Her opinion of Ara might be more wishy-washy due to having some positive diligent traits but also being a moody type. At the very least she would respect her.
Alec - Teddie: Sounds great! He'd like Teddie, too. Alec is usually interested in even other mediums of art, even ones he doesn't know much about, so that sounds fine.

Eunice - Spuds: Well, Eunice deserves it. She wouldn't get why, so questioning glares like what do you want from me would happen when she notices the disapproval. She seems like a self-assured person who has plans for the future unlike her, so Eunice would naturally resent that when she notices Spuds.

Ara - Spuds: I suppose some tense civility would be good. Ara is a moody type, and doesn't take it well if someone gives her a weird look or something. She'd challengingly raise an eyebrow if it looks like Spuds has a problem with her, but other than that, mutual respect sounds good.
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

There could be an interesting dynamic between Spuds and Donovan, due to the fact that he only tries with regards to certain things. He's competitive about things like Track & Field, Cross Country, and Basketball, but he could not care less about actual schoolwork, preferring to do as little work as he can get away with.
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-CLASSIC V1:

Code: Select all

Edithe Merdur is looking to axe you a question.

,  /\  .  
 //`-||-'\\ 
(| -=||=- |)
 \\,-||-.// 
  `  ||  '  
     ||     
     ||     
     ||     
()

Trent Sherwin is running away from his problems.

_
              _( }
    -=   _  <<  \
        `.\__/`/\\
  -=      '--'\\  `
       -=     //
              \)

J is a man of few words.

_     
                      | |    
__      _____  _ __ __| |___ 
\ \ /\ / / _ \| '__/ _` / __|
 \ V  V / (_) | | | (_| \__ \
  \_/\_/ \___/|_|  \__,_|___/

Andrew Leeroy is going to beat you to death.

_.--""--._
/  _    _  \
_  ( (_\  /_) )  _
{ \._\   /\   /_./ }
/_"=-.}______{.-="_\
_  _.=("""")=._  _
(_'"_.-"`~~`"-._"'_)
{_"            "_}
Slam

Post by Slam »

Dogs231 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:50 am There could be an interesting dynamic between Spuds and Donovan, due to the fact that he only tries with regards to certain things. He's competitive about things like Track & Field, Cross Country, and Basketball, but he could not care less about actual schoolwork, preferring to do as little work as he can get away with.
I feel like Spuds would find him annoying due to him being a fellow athelete but also going around causing shenanigans. She might view him as an entitled jock stereotype, in that he's good at sports but seems to think he can do whatever he feels like the rest of the time.
[+] Dead V7 Kids
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

Teddie - I could see him having interesting interactions with a few of my kids. Karin would probably be annoyed as hell by his antics if he was a bit much during classtime, and she wouldn't hesitate to giggle to her friends and poke fun at him behind his back for having only a single tenant in the basement suite, and if she knows he's a furry she won't let that slide either. Rebekah has probably crossed paths with him, since she's a cheerleader and he's the mascot, and would probably be open for escapades. Juanita would probably know him best, since she's been pretty active in sports. Teddie absolutely could have tried to make a move on her, but it'd probably scare her off if she realized that he was hoping to go all the way with her.

Spuds - I could see Juanita possibly connecting with her, due to them being in the sports world, and neither of them feeling particularly feminine.
SHSL Awkwardness#1092 on Discord, hit me up for character discussions.
V8 concepts
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

Slam wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:47 am
Dogs231 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:50 am There could be an interesting dynamic between Spuds and Donovan, due to the fact that he only tries with regards to certain things. He's competitive about things like Track & Field, Cross Country, and Basketball, but he could not care less about actual schoolwork, preferring to do as little work as he can get away with.
I feel like Spuds would find him annoying due to him being a fellow athelete but also going around causing shenanigans. She might view him as an entitled jock stereotype, in that he's good at sports but seems to think he can do whatever he feels like the rest of the time.
I wouldn't quite consider Donovan a "jock" exactly, though I can imagine her finding him annoying.
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-CLASSIC V1:

Edithe Merdur is looking to axe you a question.

,  /\  .  
 //`-||-'\\ 
(| -=||=- |)
 \\,-||-.// 
  `  ||  '  
     ||     
     ||     
     ||     
()

Trent Sherwin is running away from his problems.

_
              _( }
    -=   _  <<  \
        `.\__/`/\\
  -=      '--'\\  `
       -=     //
              \)

J is a man of few words.

_     
                      | |    
__      _____  _ __ __| |___ 
\ \ /\ / / _ \| '__/ _` / __|
 \ V  V / (_) | | | (_| \__ \
  \_/\_/ \___/|_|  \__,_|___/

Andrew Leeroy is going to beat you to death.

_.--""--._
/  _    _  \
_  ( (_\  /_) )  _
{ \._\   /\   /_./ }
/_"=-.}______{.-="_\
_  _.=("""")=._  _
(_'"_.-"`~~`"-._"'_)
{_"            "_}
Sansa

Post by Sansa »

Teddie!
-- Dusty also sleeps around a lot so he'd definitely have tried it on with Teddie at some point. (Although he'd probably be a bit put off by all that enthusiasm, that ain't gonna stop Dusty from making a move~)
-- Sutton is a cheerleader, so she'd appreciate Teddie also being involved in school spirit. She'd probably be the type to really hype Teddie up when he's doing his thing, as she believes mascots don't get the same cred as cheerleaders, and undeservingly so.

Spuds!
-- Dusty is also a lacrosse player! He has a lot of respect for his teammates and I think he'd appreciate Spuds. He'd even tone down the cattiness around her! Look at her power.

Can't think of anything for Roland with these two, though ;-;
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

Another thread I was meaning to post in and lost track of! Guten tag!

Teddie
So he has a pet land otter ferret, is highly enthusiastic, linked with school athletics, and is literally named Teddie? There's almost no way he doesn't have a friend in Evie!
And add Beth to the "made fun of his missing anatomy" tally.

Spuds
Sporty, big on biology, masculine energy, should also get along well with Evie. If they're close, maybe she's someone to confide in about her insecurities, since Evie doesn't have much trouble combining her boyish style with a few girly flourishes?
And Beth's a bit of a prick, so, enmity!
I made some terrible children, please befriend them.
Evie "Otter Mode" McKown will protect every animal. They are all friend.
Bethany Lyon is going to join the Daughters of the American Revolution when she's old enough.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Gundham wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:37 pm Teddie - I could see him having interesting interactions with a few of my kids. Karin would probably be annoyed as hell by his antics if he was a bit much during classtime, and she wouldn't hesitate to giggle to her friends and poke fun at him behind his back for having only a single tenant in the basement suite, and if she knows he's a furry she won't let that slide either. Rebekah has probably crossed paths with him, since she's a cheerleader and he's the mascot, and would probably be open for escapades. Juanita would probably know him best, since she's been pretty active in sports. Teddie absolutely could have tried to make a move on her, but it'd probably scare her off if she realized that he was hoping to go all the way with her.

Spuds - I could see Juanita possibly connecting with her, due to them being in the sports world, and neither of them feeling particularly feminine.
I agree with all of these! I would expand on Spuds relationships by pointing out that since she's also on the lacrosse team, she's quite likely to have had a pre-existing relationship with Juanita and might be feeling sympathetic but not sure what to say to her about her ACL injury. I really think she'd get along with Rebeka too, since they're both nature lovers, and I think their personalities would click well together too. Plus biology is Spuds' best subject, so she might be able to tutor her with it from time to time.

Teddie would absolutely have tried to make a move on her, because they'd know each other from cheerleading and Juanita has great assets that would appeal to him (he wouldn't say it's just that, but he's a hormonal guy who likes what he likes). He absolutely wouldn't press it if he was making things uncomfortable though.
Sansa wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:51 am Teddie!
-- Dusty also sleeps around a lot so he'd definitely have tried it on with Teddie at some point. (Although he'd probably be a bit put off by all that enthusiasm, that ain't gonna stop Dusty from making a move~)
-- Sutton is a cheerleader, so she'd appreciate Teddie also being involved in school spirit. She'd probably be the type to really hype Teddie up when he's doing his thing, as she believes mascots don't get the same cred as cheerleaders, and undeservingly so.

Spuds!
-- Dusty is also a lacrosse player! He has a lot of respect for his teammates and I think he'd appreciate Spuds. He'd even tone down the cattiness around her! Look at her power.

Can't think of anything for Roland with these two, though ;-;
Dusty and Teddie would absolutely make a good one-off/friends with benefits pairing. He might also ask him for fashion tips, as Teddie likes to look his best from time to time too. A shopping trie turned bedroom adventure? Teddie and Sutton should absolutely be buddy buddies too.

I think you've hit the right tone with Spuds and Dusty there. Mutually respecting and such and such. I would say she'd hold the same view of Sutton, appreciating her go-getterness.

I would say that both kids would probably be at least friendly with Roland, if not having any specific interactions.
Dr Adjective wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:09 am Another thread I was meaning to post in and lost track of! Guten tag!

Teddie
So he has a pet land otter ferret, is highly enthusiastic, linked with school athletics, and is literally named Teddie? There's almost no way he doesn't have a friend in Evie!
And add Beth to the "made fun of his missing anatomy" tally.

Spuds
Sporty, big on biology, masculine energy, should also get along well with Evie. If they're close, maybe she's someone to confide in about her insecurities, since Evie doesn't have much trouble combining her boyish style with a few girly flourishes?
And Beth's a bit of a prick, so, enmity!
Teddie and Evie should get on like a house on fire. I have the sudden idea that he might've sketched her as an otter furry, though that might be a bit embarassing to actually share with her. Teddie might've also suggested fooling around which she may have done half-heartedly or not at all? She's probably someone he would've been open to having that kind of relationship with. but oh my goodness teddie and beth are not going to get on well at all

Spuds should have a mutual getting alongness with Evie too. She might be open to Evie's confident girly flourishes, but I'm not sure if Spuds is really the confiding type at this point. Remains to be seen? She'd probably not be openly hostile to Beth, but she wouldn't be cool with Beth being a bitch to people in front of her either.
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

I think we already sorta had a talk about this, right? But I'm just leaving this in your thread just in case.

Teddie+Isaiah: Exes who sorta just... drifted. Still on good terms, though.
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

[+] Ideas
Teddy/Cedar: Art club buddies from an early point onwards I think. Cedar is easy to glomp onto for attention and she can typically handle extremely over energetic folks well b/c she has a ton of free time and is naturally inclined to be very attentive and kindly. If he somehow runs into her patience limits he's a very powerful human being indeed. I think she is probably open to being inducted into being a furry (I've talked with Aster about this, in the form of her following Jordan's art etc) formally but that's still up in the air as of V8 pregame present and Teddy might also want to drag her down that particular rabbit hole I guess!
Teddy/Ashlyn: If he's the school mascot she's friendly to him, given how deeply devoted she is to the school's athletics department and the multitude of existing connections they'll have as a result. Probably off-handedly wants to beat the fuck out of the people who bully him (even before I read Teddy's profile she already wants to beat up Raf for unrelated reasons so there you go), but she's not very good at giving clingy people attention because she's very stubbornly her own person. Plus she's naturally intimidating. I can't imagine they're the closest but she probably likes him a lot and thinks he's fun.
Spuds/Ashlyn: No mincing words here I think Spuds is like the single biggest 'Ashlyn was madly infatuated with her at some point' character blurb I've read to date. The interesting thing here is they're both tough love, independent-minded sorts but Ashlyn's tough love straddles a fine line with bullying tactics and being generally overwhelming and difficult to handle. Depends on who she's talking to. Could go either way there I think, with Spuds either seeing a kindred spirit in Ashlyn or thinking she goes too far and being put off/trying to push back and get Ashlyn to stop being an ass. Up to you, or maybe something we can feel out once there are some pregame posts to evaluate. But yeah, they're both athletes so Ashlyn at least checks up on her from time to time. And probably had the biggest crush on her and asked her out on a date at some point. Their mutual insecurity about not being feminine enough could've been a bonding point if they'd gotten close enough at any point, also.
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
Slam

Post by Slam »

Cicada wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:37 pm
[+] Ideas
Teddy/Cedar: Art club buddies from an early point onwards I think. Cedar is easy to glomp onto for attention and she can typically handle extremely over energetic folks well b/c she has a ton of free time and is naturally inclined to be very attentive and kindly. If he somehow runs into her patience limits he's a very powerful human being indeed. I think she is probably open to being inducted into being a furry (I've talked with Aster about this, in the form of her following Jordan's art etc) formally but that's still up in the air as of V8 pregame present and Teddy might also want to drag her down that particular rabbit hole I guess!
Teddy/Ashlyn: If he's the school mascot she's friendly to him, given how deeply devoted she is to the school's athletics department and the multitude of existing connections they'll have as a result. Probably off-handedly wants to beat the fuck out of the people who bully him (even before I read Teddy's profile she already wants to beat up Raf for unrelated reasons so there you go), but she's not very good at giving clingy people attention because she's very stubbornly her own person. Plus she's naturally intimidating. I can't imagine they're the closest but she probably likes him a lot and thinks he's fun.
Spuds/Ashlyn: No mincing words here I think Spuds is like the single biggest 'Ashlyn was madly infatuated with her at some point' character blurb I've read to date. The interesting thing here is they're both tough love, independent-minded sorts but Ashlyn's tough love straddles a fine line with bullying tactics and being generally overwhelming and difficult to handle. Depends on who she's talking to. Could go either way there I think, with Spuds either seeing a kindred spirit in Ashlyn or thinking she goes too far and being put off/trying to push back and get Ashlyn to stop being an ass. Up to you, or maybe something we can feel out once there are some pregame posts to evaluate. But yeah, they're both athletes so Ashlyn at least checks up on her from time to time. And probably had the biggest crush on her and asked her out on a date at some point. Their mutual insecurity about not being feminine enough could've been a bonding point if they'd gotten close enough at any point, also.
We have discussed these via PM and I was on board!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”