New Characters ... who's this?

SC3 Relationship Thread

This board allows for discussion of and planning related to Second Chances, currently preparing for its third version.
decoy73

New Characters ... who's this?

Post by decoy73 »

So, I'm putting my hat into the SC3 ring. I'm going to have three characters:
  • Stephanie McDonald: The Lesbian Queen. An aspiring model, she's sexy, she's British, she's of ... passable intelligence, and to the disappointment for all the men, she is a lesbian. She's going to need: friends (she's quite social), fellow members of the Gay-Straight Alliance (or whatever we're doing for SC3), and ... a girlfriend (it's going to be a different person this time, and she's looking for love ... well, I am on her behalf).
    [+] Current Relationships
    • MEILIN ZHOU: Close friends. Has issues with Austin.
  • Christina Rennes: The Snarky Gamer Chick. Introverted, snarky, and quite intelligent. She's decently popular and good-looking, but her popularity is more due to being the twin sister of (Pregame-only) Jessica Rennes. Christina tutors others a couple times a week, has a decent Twitch following (as in, could be pretty popular if she goes in for the whole thing), and is on the track team as an 800 runner and scorekeeper (she's good at that). She's going to need: a couple friends. Unlike Stephanie and Kat, the more introverted Christina won't really socialize. She might be close with a couple people due to common interests, but that's it.
    None as of yet
  • Kat Tolstoff: The Bitchy Basketball Star. Future UConn basketball player, popular chick, exceptionally loyal. She's good and she knows it. She's going to need: friends, whether from the popular group or the basketball team; a boyfriend(?), possible rivals (even though she's loyal to her friends, she's more likely popular like the Mean Girls)
    None as of yet
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

Stephanie:

BB is in the GSA! BB also likes people of dubious intellect because they let her obviously be as much smarter than someone as she feels! Probably friends, if not super close?

Juliette we've discussed maybe having a bit of a crush on Stephanie. Juliette definitely has a bit of a pining-for-others (especially people who are very confident and liberated) thing going on. Probably not super close in part due to this—she wouldn't wanna test herself.

Sofia is like super duper opposite Stephanie in lots of ways. Probably doesn't think about her much, maybe weirds her out a bit for being someone who wears cowboy boots to school unironically.

Christina:

BB is also smart and sarcastic, so maybe some overlap there? Less so on interests, but that might help them not get on each other's nerves, maybe casual positive acquaintances?

Juliette probably is relatively chill in her interactions with Christina (like she is with most people) but maybe privately finds some of her sarcasm kind of grating.

Sofia is weird so is maybe someone Christina could joke about? Wouldn't take offense unless it struck a nerve or was targeting weaker people. Not a ton in common, but Sofia'd think her running's cool.

Kat:

Not too much overlap with BB, who's not really popular but is kinda witty and biting. Maybe know each other in passing?

Juliette is tight with folks, especially popular folks, but manages to stay out of mean girls stuff—probably is on decent terms with Kat but also has an incredible ability to never be there if Kat's doing anything prickly to anyone else but often be there to root for her otherwise.

Sofia feels like she could clash with Kat—very different vibes and values, and Sofia's wardrobe just screams "make fun of me."
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
KamiKaze
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by KamiKaze »

Stephanie:
This might be a weird idea, but sometimes models act and sometimes actors model. Bella is a dancer and actress with some professional experience, so it's possible she's done a little bit of modeling, and it may be possible for Stephanie to get small acting roles. So, maybe they audition/try-out for similar things? Kind of like a friendly competition thing, where they're often competing with each other but offering tips and encouraging each other and cheering each other on. Bonus: Bella is lesbian-leaning bi, and I dunno if anything would happen relationship-wise (Bella tends to like more butch/masc people, I'm thinking), but there's a chance they've also run into each other in the GSA.

Junko is also pan, and like Bella, I don't think they'd have a thing (though Junko might have checked her out once or twice), but they'd also possibly do GSA stuff as well.

Christina:
Junko is the track team president, so she's definitely met Christina before. ;)

Aside from that, though, she might have popped into Christina's streams once or twice. Junko herself has a geeky side to her, so she'd be interested to see what games she's playing.

Also, Bella got tutoring in her original iteration due to often being busy with performing, and same here. Perhaps she's one of the people Christina tutors?

Kat:
Junko tends to be complimentary of people who are good athletes even if she doesn't like them otherwise, so she'd, at the very least, like that Kat is a good basketball player enough to do UConn. I think that, while she isn't the type to go out of her way to harass them, if her friends start doing a Mean Girl in front of her she would be the type to countertroll the shit out of them. She's generally perky, but she can also be hot-headed and can bulli back in her own way.

I'm honestly stuck on anything involving Bella and Kat, sorry. I might come back later.
Salic

Post by Salic »

Stephanie

Mikki and Stephanie would definitely know each other, considering they're both part of the popular club. Stephanie possibly attends Mikki's numerous house parties, perhaps? Other than that, there's not really much overlap and Stephanie would probably be put off by Mikki's outward front of arrogance.

Bree might make a good girlfriend for Stephanie, so I'd like to DM you so we can hash out if that would work. Bree is also a good friend of Meilin's, so they'd definitely know each other and interact due to their mutual friend.

Serena and Stephanie don't really have much overlap. There probably isn't much there beyond the superficial "they know that they exist", and maybe not even that in Stephanie's case.

Christina

Mikki and Christina don't really have anything in common. I don't really have anything for the two of them.

Bree is a fellow streamer, so it's possible that they could collaborate? Even if they don't collaborate, they could watch each other's streams perhaps. Maybe they'd be positive acquaintances, if not outright friends?

Serena and Christina again don't have much in common. Since they're both not social and reside in different social groups, they've probably never had the impetus to talk to one another outside of class (they could be lab partners or something).

Kat

I'm almost positive Mikki and Kat do not get along. Mikki's arrogance and Kat's proclaimed bitchiness would not mesh well at all. Kat may (reluctantly) go to MIkki's parties, but other than that? No bueno.

Bree and Kat's relationship may be more complex? Both of them are popular athletes, and Bree can respect an athlete who's good at what they do. However, their personalities could either mix really well or be like water and oil. Bree is very rough around the edges, and is not afraid to speak her mind and is judgmental. She may either find a kindred spirit in Kat or their similar personalities may lead to a rivalry between the two.

Again, I don't think Serena and Kat have anything to bond over. I hate to be "Oops! all superficial relationships!" with Serena but I genuinely cannot think of a way they'd ever really interact with each other unless they had to do group work or something together.
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
Mikki Swift - "With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bree Jones - "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them." - Queen Victoria
Serena Waters - "You cannot make a revolution in white gloves." - Vladimir Lenin
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]
B1: Yoshio Akamatsu - "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” - Lyndon B. Johnson
Assigned Weapon: Sickle
Location: The die was cast in Farm Storage (H6) - Iacta Alea Est
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
B7: Yoshitoki Kuninobu - "When the sword of rebellion is drawn, the sheath must be thrown away." - John Copley
Assigned Weapon: Czechoslovakian CZ 75 Semi-Automatic Pistol
Location: He took the fall for an enemy in Residential Area (H/I8) - Peace Village: Brother's Blood
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1 - 2 -

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker
S027: Claudia Salgado - "The optimist may fail, but the pessimist already begins failing." - Juscelino Kubitschek
Assigned Weapon: [ERROR: WEAPON UNAVAILABLE.]
Gift: Flashbang
Location: She stared death in the face in The Outskirts - Out Run
Pregame History: 1 - 2
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
P003: Elizabeth Rodney - ”I demolish my bridges behind me... then there is no choice but to move forward.” - Fridtjof Nansen
Assigned Weapon: Obedience to Authority + Altor Survival Pistol
Location: She met up with her beloveds in The Powerhouse - Burning Down the House
Pregame History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
In-game History: 1
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:
Christian Graf von Helder - “I’ll be a big noise with all the big boys!” - Peter Gabriel
Francisco Ordaz Santander - ”I am responsible only to God and history.” - Francisco Franco

INTERMISSIONS:
Sophia Mirowski - "Be strong in the belief that life is wonderful." - Valery Sablin
Lee Iker
Stanley Mirowski - "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SOTF-SUPERS V2:
Kendra Kuchel - ”If we value so highly the dignity of life, how can we not also value the dignity of death? No death may be called futile.” - Yukio Mishima
Nichelle Damen - ”All our knowledge- past, present, and future- is nothing compared to what we will never know.” - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Kazimierz Krzyzewski - ”At dawn it is not just the night that dies, it is man and his becoming, and the warm blood staining the pavement is a word that is just starting.” - Ricardo Mannerini
Raqel Poghosyan

Return to “SC Planning/Discussion”