C-WALK

Geti t because they're CRIPpled lmao hehe| Hospital stuff. It's open!

Here is where all threads set in the month after the game belong. This is the place to post your character's individual epilogues or interactions. Handlers with a surviving character may have one active aftermath thread in addition to other threads. Make sure to read the Supers Denouement before posting here!

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

ItzToxie

C-WALK

Post by ItzToxie »

When Crispin first awoke, he moaned like a zombie risen out of it's grave. HOLY SHIT! He fucking felt it too, what the fuck?! His whole body was pounding, his mouth was dry, he was cold, and shit hurt, he didn't know what time it was-

He sat up and glanced around in the darkness. Daaayum, they done threw his ass in the morgue. Wait, no- Hands padded with so much bandage patted at the bed below him. Morgues ain't got beds, they got lil metal tables. He was still in the land of the living, but goddamn he certainly didn't feel like it. Turning his head, he felt his whole head, neck, and chest scream in aching pains and tension.

"Mhnn, whadda fnnfk." He mumbled through the thin slit opening of bandages for his lips as he flopped himself out of bed. "Flurf funnin freen, mhnn hamm." He walked about a step on cold tile with bare feet before he felt something pulling on his arm. The fuc- oh. That's his IV drip. He wanted to turn the lights on, but he guessed he'd sit right here, shit was too dark anyways.

He plopped back onto the bed, hands fumbling around for the bed remote. He wondered what time it was. He wondered if it was a good idea or not to call for room service. How late was it? Was anything even open? Shit where was the tv remote at? Was he alone or was he sharing a room?

Whatever he's going back to bed, shit hurt way less when he was asleep.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

When Crispy woke up the morning was a dark grey. He had his hospital room to his self. He’d walked over to the window, remembering to take the IV drip with him this time. Across the street he saw a few things, a strip mall, some gas stations, a McDonalds, an Olive Garden. Gotdamn he could really go for either of them right now.

Instead he had hospital breakfast after nurses came to help him change bandages again. Wasn’t all that great to be honest, but leagues better than protein bars held in blood coated hands. Couldn’t complain, though he was sure the eggos pancakes were stale or freezer burnt.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Later on, he had a visitor. Wasn’t none of his friends. Short guy with a mustache. Cop. Crispy knew what it was about, but he didn’t know what was going on in the outside world. He thought about pleading the fifth. Instead he told the guy about the trip, and the furries that kidnapped them, and what they wanted.

He told the cop it didn’t take long. Wasn’t even an hour in before people started to try to kill him. Wasn’t even an hour after that before he saw Mercy perform the game’s first kill by immolating his best friend. He’d already said too much. Pointed to his face with his bandaged up mitten hands like a GTA SA character.

He said it wasn’t until the end that anyone tried to help him. Just about everyone he met wanted him dead. Crispy said he wanted to be alive more than they wanted to kill him. He said that the six he was with was probably all that’s left. He finished by saying he didn’t have pity for a lot of the people that didn’t make it. He definitely said too much then. He reiterated that he wasn’t the only one people had tried to kill, but that he was one of the only ones who got away.

The cop nodded and he was about to leave. Crispy asked if Claudia was okay. Cop said he’d get back to him on that.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

For the rest of the day, nobody came but nurses coming to change his bandages.

He didn’t need the Iv drip anymore.

He spent the rest of the night watching cartoons and hoping someone would come talk without wanting something off of him.

He fell asleep to the George Lopez show reruns.

Low ri-der, gets a little higher.

~do do do do do, do do- do- do do~

~do do do

~do do do

~do dooo~
Salic

Post by Salic »

When Crispin fell asleep to the George Lopez reruns, Claudia woke up. She tried her best not to, but she couldn’t sleep forever. Being awake was no joy. When she was awake, everything hurt, she was reminded of the things that made everything hurt, and she hated it. She despised it so. The runny and familiar tune of George Lopez didn’t do much to comfort her.

The IV drip tube felt uncomfortable and intrusive in her arm, but she knew that she needed it. According to the doctors, she’d undergone several blood transfusions to restore her blood count to normal levels. Her blood type was AB+, so she was able to get any type of blood, so lucky for her.

Claudia stared up at the ceiling in cold silence.

She’d regained feeling in her limbs and torso again, which was sort of a mixed blessing. On one hand, she was glad she could feel her body again. On the other hand, everything in her body hurt like a bitch. Her midsection was still agonizing to feel, and it made most kinds of movement impossible. The stitches were still fresh. The most movement she could really do without hurting herself was wiggling her fingers and toes. She sighed. She had been barefoot for well over a week straight now, and she’d probably continue to be until she could safely walk out of her house without help.

She tried not to think of home. She knew how worried her family would be. How worried Yvonne would be. Claudia wasn’t sure if she was emotionally ready for that yet.

She tried to turn her head over to Crispin, but it hurt, so she stopped. She had no idea if he was awake or not, but she needed to know something.

“H-Hey, Crispin. D-Did the d-doctors tell you where we are? Wh-What state we’re in?”
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
Mikki Swift - "With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bree Jones - "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them." - Queen Victoria
Serena Waters - "You cannot make a revolution in white gloves." - Vladimir Lenin
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]
B1: Yoshio Akamatsu - "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” - Lyndon B. Johnson
Assigned Weapon: Sickle
Location: The die was cast in Farm Storage (H6) - Iacta Alea Est
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B7: Yoshitoki Kuninobu - "When the sword of rebellion is drawn, the sheath must be thrown away." - John Copley
Assigned Weapon: Czechoslovakian CZ 75 Semi-Automatic Pistol
Location: He took the fall for an enemy in Residential Area (H/I8) - Peace Village: Brother's Blood
In-Game History: 1 - 2 -

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker
S027: Claudia Salgado - "The optimist may fail, but the pessimist already begins failing." - Juscelino Kubitschek
Assigned Weapon: [ERROR: WEAPON UNAVAILABLE.]
Gift: Flashbang
Location: She stared death in the face in The Outskirts - Out Run
Pregame History: 1 - 2
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
P003: Elizabeth Rodney - ”I demolish my bridges behind me... then there is no choice but to move forward.” - Fridtjof Nansen
Assigned Weapon: Obedience to Authority + Altor Survival Pistol
Location: She met up with her beloveds in The Powerhouse - Burning Down the House
Pregame History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
In-game History: 1
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:
Christian Graf von Helder - “I’ll be a big noise with all the big boys!” - Peter Gabriel
Francisco Ordaz Santander - ”I am responsible only to God and history.” - Francisco Franco

INTERMISSIONS:
Sophia Mirowski - "Be strong in the belief that life is wonderful." - Valery Sablin
Lee Iker
Stanley Mirowski - "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SOTF-SUPERS V2:
Kendra Kuchel - ”If we value so highly the dignity of life, how can we not also value the dignity of death? No death may be called futile.” - Yukio Mishima
Nichelle Damen - ”All our knowledge- past, present, and future- is nothing compared to what we will never know.” - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Kazimierz Krzyzewski - ”At dawn it is not just the night that dies, it is man and his becoming, and the warm blood staining the pavement is a word that is just starting.” - Ricardo Mannerini
Raqel Poghosyan
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispin’s eye peeled open. He looked around the room. Hospital. Yeah, hospital, not the desert. No sand.

He glanced over at the voice. Looks like Claudia’s alive. How long had she been in here? She wasn’t when he was awake earlier. He tried to remember what she’d asked.

“Ermm. Mmf-“

He fumbled with his bandages, trying to open them up around his mouth.

“Well, if you’re in here it means you’re gonna be fine, least that’s what they told me. This is the recovery room, or some shit like that. Ain’t nobody up here but doctors and nurses n shit.”

He chuckled. Claudia’s gonna be fine then if she’s here.

“Ain’t no visitors neither. Not that they ain’t allowed, just nobody’s come by yet, cept twelve.”
Salic

Post by Salic »

Claudia gulped, the grimaced. She tried not to breathe too deeply. It really hurt when she did that.

“No visitors, huh? W-Wonder our f-families even know where we are. The police may n-not have released those details yet.”

She continued to stare at the unwelcoming hospital ceiling, hopelessly and drearily gray. They couldn’t have picked a worse color. Even beige would’ve been more welcoming and pleasant than the cold gray. She recalled her own home, the vibrant shades of red, orange, yellow, and white that decorated the interior and exterior. She missed it. She wanted to be there, now, but she knew she probably needed the most recovery time in the hospital.

Claudia hated that fact.
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
Mikki Swift - "With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bree Jones - "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them." - Queen Victoria
Serena Waters - "You cannot make a revolution in white gloves." - Vladimir Lenin
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B1: Yoshio Akamatsu - "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” - Lyndon B. Johnson

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B7: Yoshitoki Kuninobu - "When the sword of rebellion is drawn, the sheath must be thrown away." - John Copley
Location: He took the fall for an enemy in Residential Area (H/I8) - Peace Village: Brother's Blood

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker
S027: Claudia Salgado - "The optimist may fail, but the pessimist already begins failing." - Juscelino Kubitschek

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
P003: Elizabeth Rodney - ”I demolish my bridges behind me... then there is no choice but to move forward.” - Fridtjof Nansen
Location: She met up with her beloveds in The Powerhouse - Burning Down the House
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:
Christian Graf von Helder - “I’ll be a big noise with all the big boys!” - Peter Gabriel
Francisco Ordaz Santander - ”I am responsible only to God and history.” - Francisco Franco

INTERMISSIONS:
Sophia Mirowski - "Be strong in the belief that life is wonderful." - Valery Sablin
Lee Iker
Stanley Mirowski - "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SOTF-SUPERS V2:
Kendra Kuchel - ”If we value so highly the dignity of life, how can we not also value the dignity of death? No death may be called futile.” - Yukio Mishima
Nichelle Damen - ”All our knowledge- past, present, and future- is nothing compared to what we will never know.” - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Kazimierz Krzyzewski - ”At dawn it is not just the night that dies, it is man and his becoming, and the warm blood staining the pavement is a word that is just starting.” - Ricardo Mannerini
Raqel Poghosyan
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"I ain't heard shit to be honest with you. I know they're keeping it under wraps though. First time I checked the news they called us bus crash survivors. They ain't mentioned how many or who we were yet. Ain't checked since then though, so if they said we were kidnapped or not, I don't know yet."

He shrugged.

"Guess that's what the popo are trying to figure out..."

"How much you wanna bet we're gonna get thrown under the bus, or they make us sign an Oath of Silence or some shit and sweep this all under the rug?"
Salic

Post by Salic »

“I...” Claudia tried, before sighing and stopping herself. “I, I really don’t know. The feds may not even know what’s going on. We don’t know if they’ve even found the...” Claudia struggled to come up with a word that worked. “...the area.”

“What the fuck are they gonna do if they find it? What if the camera footage is released? What are they gonna do then?”

She broke off into an excruciating coughing fit, her abdomen feeling like it was ripping apart all over again. Tears dripped down her face before the coughing subsided.

“...fuck...”
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:

INTERMISSIONS:
Lee Iker

SOTF-SUPERS V2:

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Raqel Poghosyan
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispy sighed. Thinking they'd keep this shit lowkey was a pipe dream. Yeah, he wanted someone to talk to about all this shit, but he didn't want... that. Cameras, interviews, stupid motherfuckers on Twitter... He ain't even seen what happened to his own face yet, let alone letting some bitch put it on tv.

"I uhh, Goddamn. This probably don't make you feel any better, but honestly, at this point, I think the world's gonna figure out before we do."

He stared at the ceiling. There was a shakiness in his voice, even if he tried to hide it.

"I-I mean if they do, they do. There ain't shit we could do about it, like there wasn't shit we could do about what happened."

He'd like to think the ride was over once they left. He knew it weren't.
Salic

Post by Salic »

Claudia was wary about speaking again, given the last coughing fit, but she went in and did it anyway. It was best not to let these kinds of thoughts fester in her mind, left to slowly eat away at what little foundational stability there was left.

“Crispin... is this all that we’re gonna be known for? Is this all anyone’s ever going to say to us? Is this just what we’ll be? The ‘survivors?’ As soon as people see us, hear our names, are they just going to talk about how pitiful and sad our stories are?”

The tears were coming again, but from physical pain this time.

“Is this going to define us forever to the public? To our friends? To our families?”

Her breathing became erratic again.
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:

INTERMISSIONS:
Lee Iker

SOTF-SUPERS V2:

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Raqel Poghosyan
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"I don't know. Truth be told I'd rather not be known at all, but I'll take 'survivor' over what they're probably going to call me."

"Man;"

"Man, fuck this tough guy shit."

"I-I'm fucking scared, dude."
Salic

Post by Salic »

It was strange talking this openly with Crispin. Their longest interaction ever had been the argument on the decaying road, which ended with Crispin storming off as Claudia watched. She was sure that would’ve been the last time she’d ever see him. They parted on bad terms, never to be mended because they would’ve been dead before they had the chance.

But somehow, somehow, they’d both made it. Everyone from that moment, she, Crispin, and Steve, had made it back. They had survived, and that gave everyone a bond forged in fire.

“I... I am too. I’m...” She thought about the road again. “I’m sorry for arguing... and parting with you on the road on bad terms. Whatever you did... it wasn’t your fault. It was no one’s fault but them.

She spit the last word out with such venom it could’ve rivaled Nora.
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:

INTERMISSIONS:
Lee Iker

SOTF-SUPERS V2:

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Raqel Poghosyan
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"I appreciate it."

"But I don't know about that."

"Even when, even when we were there, nobody listened to me. Alan was there, he saw the shit that happened, and he still didn't believe me, even when Moose lost his fucking finger, when Kennedy fucking took it as a trophy or some shit, even when-"

"He was right there, right there with me when Mercy showed up. He saw it too. We knew people were out there, trying to kill, going all in the first day, first, hell first fucking hour. I tried to say it, 'hey, people are trying to kill us. People are trying to kill me. Nobody fucking listened and like-"

"If it was just those masked motherfuckers' faults, then this many people wouldn't have did what they did. Sure I did shit too, but-"

Crispin turned his bandaged head to Claudia. The thin light of the tv shone on his face, his eye underneath his bandages were red.

"Our fucking class jumped at the chance to do this shit. T-they wanted to do this shit! A-and I asked for help, a-and and ain't none of you believed me. A-and this was the people who saw it happen-"

"What do you think them motherfuckers on the news is gonna say about me? All these wannabe hero 'sheepdog' ass sumbitches who think they'd have saved the day if they were there. Motherfuckers can't even run a mile, but they could fight off a fucking mutant ass blob, or some invisible shithead beating them with a rebar, and do it without killing them, or that they're strong enough to lift that fucking one ton concrete block off of Gary, and drag him out of there even with his legs being crushed to dust- because 'oh, oh they fucking know help is coming' and-"

"Like all them motherfuckers that just don't know, they ain't even there gonna be fucking experts on it is one thing."

"Y'all were there, though. And y'all still didn't believe me."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"I- Shit. I ain't mean to make this shit about me or call you out or whatever..."

"But if this was only those other motherfucker's faults; then all those people we knew wouldn't have went apeshit. People wanted to fucking kill each other, and they didn't even need an excuse to do it. They just-"

"Those masked motherfuckers it is their fault, we'd have never had to do this shit if it weren't for them. But then a lot of motherfuckers in our class didn't need much pushing beyond that excuse either. They enjoyed what they got to do."

"Until they didn't."

Crispy sighed.

Return to “Aftermath”