DELICIOUS APE

deth thred

The Compound consists of the upper, above ground levels of the titular structure. The outer walls of The Compound evoke brutalist architecture, being composed primarily of concrete, steel, and glass. The building itself is enormous, and box-like in shape, with two floors above ground and two floors below ground. Despite the road, parking lot, and fence surrounding The Compound all showing signs of age, the structure itself appears to be completely intact. On the roof of the structure are an enormous exhaust pipe and a very large loudspeaker, the latter of which can be heard across nearly the whole arena when it is turned on, and is nearly deafening up close.

Inside, The Compound's floors all consist of the same layout, with hallways running around the perimeter of the building surrounding its central staircase, with rooms branching outwards from these hallways and facing the outer edges of the building. During the day, the interior of The Compound is dimly lit, courtesy of the glass windows common to every outside-facing room. At night it is completely dark inside, requiring the use of a flashlight for the average person to be able to see.

Much of the furnishings of The Compound have been moved around and overturned to create cover within the rooms and hallways, but cursory examination shows the most common furnishings being cabinets, flat metallic tables, and plastic chairs. Discerning the purpose of most of The Compound's above ground rooms is difficult, but flat countertops with fume hoods above them are a frequent sight, and some rooms (primarily on the building's west side) possess beds and were seemingly designed for habitation. Shards of glass from shattered glassware and scattered, broken medical equipment is common in The Compound's rooms, but not the hallways.

THREAD LIMIT: 2

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

ItzToxie

DELICIOUS APE

Post by ItzToxie »

Nope, nothing. Bitch was hiding from him. She knew. She knew and she was too scared to strike first, so she cowered away and waited for Crispy to just leave. That's it. She wouldn't show herself, she heard him coming, saw him at some point, he knew that. Where else would she be?

Crispy lied in wait on the rooftop of the compound, looking out across the arena, he knew Mercy's weak ass wouldn't be out in the wilderness, but it was worth a shot. Maybe he'd find Lincoln, hold him hostage. Yeah... That could work. That'd make her come to him. But where the fuck was he?

Fucking pussies won't own up to it and come finish this shit. They wanted to wait it out, wait him out. They'd show when he was weak, then they'd take their time, they'd fucking laugh and pick him apart like a bunch of vultures, and call themselves heroes. He fell to his knees and rested against the curb.

He was tired. He wanted this to be over. Fuck this cat and mouse shit. Fuck the shit he had to do to people. Fuck being thrown from shit situation to shit situation, over and over again, over and over and over and over and over and- fuck this game.

He needed to just stop looking. Something will come to him. It always does.

"Fuck this." Crispy's voice was hoarse from the last few hours.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

A big piece of slab-like debris materialized out of nowhere and impacted upon the back of Crispin's head.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispin could barely react to the ambush besides grasping at the back of his head and curling over to the side.

Like he said.

Something would find him.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Vengeance. It was the only thing that was on his mind. He had witnessed what Crispin's sheer strength had done to Gary while in his invisible form and he knew what he was doing right now was plain suicide. He even knew that Crispin had done some merciful for the younger boy back then... But right now Kaine wanted to be the selfish one.

Even if Austin was in his head right now. He wanted to do this. He wanted to hurt Crispin for what happened to Toma and Andrew and Austin and anyone else who had suffered at the squirrel boy's hands.

He didn't even care if he had to die trying.

He walked right up to Crispin, not caring if he could hear his footsteps while he was still in invisible form.

He gave Crispin a hard, swift kick in the side, hoping to break something.

Huh. Moose was right. Invisible people were evil indeed.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

He rolled with the kicks, glancing around to see who was doing it, but found nothing.

Oh.

He tried to crawl away, curling his head under his arms and tail.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Kaine almost felt frustrated over Crispin not fighting back. He would have preferred a fair fight, but after everything that had happened in the flatlands, Kaine was never going to give Crispin that chance. That's why he had played dirty. He had to get him in a weaker state.

Kaine cracked his knuckles, hitting Crispin with more kicks that were calming down a little. His hands were completely wrapped in bandages so that he couldn't make connect with Crispin's skin and so that he wouldn't be visible to Crispin. He preferred to stay unseen for the time being.

That was the moment when he finally pounced onto the pathetic form in front of him, pretty much latching onto Crispin's back.

His left fist made connect with Crispin's ear.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispin tried to get up, but Kaine wouldn't let him. He was just going to keep wailing, and wailing, and wailing on him. Just like he thought the cowards would. Something something broken clock, except it seems like Crispin's been right the entire time he's been here. He laughed.

"You should pick the brick back up, you hit like a bitch!"
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Hah...!"

Kaine didn't know why he let a pitiful laugh. Maybe it was because he felt so tired to keep going and maybe Austin watching was making him feel a bit light-headed. Maybe, maybe he was just beyond caring.

"Why should I let you die so easily? I just want you to hurt... Just like you did to me...!"

His fists reigned down on the wound on the back of Crispin's head and his bandaged hands were starting to get covered in a bit of blood.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Fuck-gnk- Fuck you!" He pushed back against Kaine, scrambling away towards the edge. He wasn't gonna die on the ground like this. Crispin turned around.

"You did this shit to yourself, you fucking idiot! Always starting shit, always hiding behind someone else to duck the heat!" He swung blindly at the air, hoping to hit something. He missed.

"Wanna talk about who hurt you? Look in the fucking mirror instead of hiding all the time!"

He swung again.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Kaine was keeping quiet while Crispin was shit-talking to him and he did feel a bit of doubt for a few seconds. He knew that he would be more upset about the harsh words. Crispin wasn't wrong about him wanting to hide away from conflict. He rarely got into fights as he didn't want to get crushed by someone's gift that was too powerful for him.

Then what the hell are you doing right now, Kaine?

He moved backwards to avoid Crispin's punches as they were getting closer and closer. He couldn't risk getting hit. He just couldn't.
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

((Austin Greene continued from My Invisible Tears Are Full Of Sorrow Birds And Shattered Glass))

Austin hadn't consented to this little detour, nor to Kaine's ambush. Certainly, the last thing he wanted to do was risk Kaine's life on the likes of squirrel bitch here. Austin knew Crispin was (indirectly) party to Toma's death, and understood more than anyone what a detestable little shit the ratboy was. Still, he'd made his resistance known, and was more than a little panicked when the rock failed to immediately take Crispin out.

But it wasn't like they could uncross the river here, and the last thing Kaine needed right now was doubt; it might make him hesitate, and that could be deadly. Not to mention seeing Crispin so broken even before Kaine attacked, feeling Kaine brutally beating him down... he was enjoying it, that he couldn't deny. A little vicarious revenge for Crispin crippling him days prior. Being in Kaine's body almost made him feel like he was getting the pleasure of doing it himself.

All that said, Crispin was still dangerous. Kaine had managed to keep away from his swings for now, but some of them were getting too close for comfort. He couldn't do much about it, but he was ready to tell Kaine to book it at the first sign of Crispin getting the upper hand.
[+] TV3
"Finish what you started."
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
"You wouldn’t say that if you knew me better."
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[+] New BRAU
"Just remember me. Okay?"
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
"I like to have contingencies, and contingencies for my contingencies."
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
"I can play the game but it helps to know the score."
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
"You don't know how lucky you are."
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Where the fuck are you?! Why the fuck you keep hiding huh?”

He kept swinging. He felt dizzy. He didn’t know if it was getting bashed in the brains with a brick, the dehydration, sleep deprivation or inhaling all that dust or a mix of it, but he felt fucked up. When he wasn’t hitting nothing he stopped. Or tried to.

He slipped on his shoes and tripped over his own feet.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Pathetic..." He muttered under his breath.

It was also an opening to continue to keep wailing on Crispin. As much as Kaine thought Crispin had been tormented enough, he wasn't feeling that forgiving right now and he felt like he couldn't stop. Only Austin cutting in, will like be what could stop him from all this violence.

He stepped closer to where Crispin had tripped over and he stomped his foot down on one of Crispin's hands.

He never thought that Crispin could bring out this brutal side of him.

Well, now he was becoming monstrous because of Crispin'

"All your fault, Crispin..." He laughed bitterly.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Yeah..."

He looked up at Kaine, or well, he couldn't see him, but he knew he was there on the fact that he was stepping on his hand. Just like the motherfucker too. Brave when he's got people to hide behind, brave when he's got the upper hand.

"Don't blame yourself, cuz. Blame me, it's all you pussies know..."

He wondered if he could punch Kaine's kneecap in with his other hand. Well, he didn't wonder, he knew the answer, he just wondered if it was worth it. Even for that fun five seconds of Kaine turning 180 back into bitchmode wouldn't make Crispin feel better, not anymore. Wouldn't make things better, things were still spiraling downwards. Wouldn't change a thing, they were both screwed regardless.

"Go on bitch, I ain't begging you."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"That's the thing, Crispin. It's not just your fault what happened to Toma and Andrew..."

Kaine took his foot off of Crispin's hand and he reached down to grab onto Crispin's clothing, yanking him up to his feet forcefully. He clicked his tongue lightly. Just looking at Crispin's face right now.... It made him falter for a moment. Just seeing the damage that Mercedes had done, it was just too horrid.

Kaine almost felt sorry for Crispin once again. Almost....

"....I will always blame myself as well. WE were both at fault and I have to make you understand that...!"

His right fist suddenly swung right into Crispin's gut, his knuckles felt like they were on fire. But he honestly didn't care anymore.

Return to “The Compound (Danger Zone)”