A Pity Sight for the Magpie

open

In a remote section in the northwest portion of the island are several grassy hills, overlooking much of the area around them. A trail leading up a slope of one of the smaller hills leads to an isolated hillside cabin in the middle of nowhere. The area around the home is surrounded by a small wooden fence. The property contains the wooden cabin itself and a smaller outhouse. Many overgrown bushes and large trees also surround the area around the hills. The cabin appears older than most of the mining-related buildings, but is actually in somewhat better shape, having been refurbished into a foreman's dwelling and then stripped less carefully as the mining company departed.
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by The Honeless Beard »

"You hold on to that," Baxter said, kneeling near his set-down bag again, moving around empty tupperware containers - he had already consolidated his bags - that he'd brought to the aquarium. His personal bottle of water still had an inch and a half of powder at the bottom - chocolate flavored whey - and he lifted it out for a moment, shaking his head at himself.

He tossed it back into his bag, then finally pulled out the map they were all given, laid it flat on the floor of the cabin.

"It's a plastic gun, but apparently it fires bullets," he said to Daniel, "not sure how reliably, though. So I wouldn't use it to hydrate yourself anytime soon. Yaz got a knife that has old blood on it, Maxwell has a onesie that's shaped like a pokemon, and I got a bowie knife."

He then motioned Maxwell closer, tapping the map with his shoe.

"Let's plot some sort of course. If this map is accurate we can get a feel for the distance between things, so if we need to move fast we can find a spot to do it. Lombardi and I will go; you two should stick around here."
SOTF TV V3
ES12: Ivan Rodriguez - Co-Winner - "Just fucking fight me, man."
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3
MM12: Maxine "Max" Schwimmer - Sink or Swim "Akeno, please." - DECEASED

International:
O25: Tarren Joseph - A Boring Dystopia- "You killed me." - DECEASED

Supers
Kincaid Rawlins - The Apocalyptic Rockfight- "Hello kitty sucks."
delicateMachine

Post by delicateMachine »

"Thanks, Brandon," Daniel said, trying not to be bothered too much that everyone else had ignored his question; and were kind of ignoring him in general. Like, yeah he was slumped in the corner mumbling mostly irrelevant nonsense, deliriously at that; but did they have to treat him like he was?

He also had to deal with Brandon's two new, obviously equally weighty revelations: his toy gun was a real bullet gun; and the mysterious girl had a name. Okay, the second one was a heck of a lot easier to unpack.

Yaz. That was a pretty distinctive name. Daniel knew he'd heard it before, could kind of put a face to it. Somewhere between a stranger and a silhouette, except neither because she was more familiar than either of those and he just liked the way the alliteration sounded in his head. Acquaintance? They'd probably had classes together. Yeah, that'd work. He'd been dreading having to choose between referring to her with pronouns and vague gestures and actually asking it, so there was a relief there, too.

Okay, that was nice. All his feelings on that particular matter had been neatly sorted and placed into a nice box on a bookshelf somewhere. High enough that he wouldn't need to stoop but low enough that he wouldn't need to awkwardly stretch, either. A tall bookshelf. Good for easy access if he ever needed to consult his feelings on remembering someone's name again!

He had a gun that could shoot bullets at people and probably kill the people or at least make them bleed everywhere, with said bullets. In fact, a gun that would almost certainly be used for said purpose, if not by any of his friends than by someone who'd come by after they were all... done.

Images of Rachael bleeding out starting to also bleed through his subconscious and Daniel found himself wishing that the mind-killing pain would come back.

"Don't worry, Yaz. If someone comes in here just shout and I can like, stagger over and collapse on them or something." Oh god shout he hadn't even meant it like that, ah geeze he was a bad person.
Wham Yubeesling
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

The plan was in effect.

It seemed as if Baxter was going to come with Maxwell to explore this island. He supposed that that was a good enough addition to the plan - it would mean that any person Maxwell found who fancied being a serial killer would have a lot harder time killing one of them - so he decided that he would be fine with that. Even though he wished to walk alone - to be honest, he prefered doing group projects alone - he couldn’t deny that there was an intrinsic value to teamwork, especially here. He walked over to Baxter. Looked at the map. If he had to guess, they were in the cabin in the middle of the woods. If he had to guess, the set of tunnels and caves that he could see would likely be connected. Would likely give him mobility around the island.

“Would you like to go through these sets of tunnels, Baxter?” He asked. “If we have to get somewhere quick, it would seem likely that they would be our shortcut.

He saw Daniel, in the corner of his eye. Heard his complaint.

And although he wanted to leave, although he wanted to be safe doing so, he knew that Daniel also had a point. That he and Yasmin would not be safe back in here.

And although he knew that this alliance couldn’t last, he knew he didn’t want the number of people on his side whittled down this early.

And although he knew that staying together - staying with Baxter - was a good plan, he knew that this was his chance to go alone.

He knew that this was his chance to see what this island was like for himself.

“Actually,” he said. “Daniel is right. It would probably be advisable for you to protect the other two while I explore.”

And he could feel a tingle on his skin, the briefest sense of fear enter his body as he thought of what was out there, the idea that he would have to face it alone.

But he shook it off. Squeezed the feeling out.

This was what he wanted.

This was what he needed to do.

“I’m not saying Yasmin can’t fight, but if someone comes in with a gun…”
[+] The Present
Image Image

SC3:
???: Jeremy Frasier — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | Present:
THEME: Jim's Big Ego — Stress

B02: Maxwell Lombardi — “Then I'll beat them again. Simple as that.” — 100%/0%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: SPAS-12 Shotgun, Trident, Colt .357 King Cobra, Meat Cleaver
SCDos — |
SCTres —
THEME: Eminem — The Way I Am
[+] The Past
ImageImageImage Image Image

BRAU2:
B11: Hiroki Sugimura — "Listen, Kayoko, I lov-” — 10%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Shamisen
BRAU2 —

INTL:
O07: Jaxon Chen (Adopted from Tapey!) — "You- started- this-" — 55%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Poison Ivy Gloves, Smoke Bomb, Crutch
INTL —

PV3:
F01: Michelle White — "Because if you can forgive me, then… then maybe I can try to forgive myself. Amen." — 68%
Kills: 1 | Equipped with: Ghille Suit, Combat Knife w/ Sniper Scope, Speargun
SANDBOX — Past: N/A | Present:
PV3 —
THEME: Tommy Körberg — Anthem

Supers:
S034: Isabella Lugosi — "Stay. Away. Stay- away-" — 32%
Kills: 1 | Equipped with: Phenomena
Supers — Memories: N/A | Game: 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦
THEME: John Carpenter — From The Fire

TV2:
SP5: Michael Robinson (Adopted from Polybius!) — "Oh shit." — 77%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Large Fishing Net
SANDBOX: N/A
TV2 — 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

TV3:
BC08: Marion Rosales — "Doesn't- matter if it works or not. You get- a chance to try." — 27%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Decorative Mareon Rosalales Nameplate
SANDBOX — Past: | Present: | 𓅓
TV3 — 𓅓
THEME: Dessa — Ride

SS01: Verity Stewart — "Fucking owned-" — 98%
Kills: 6 | Equipped with: Heckler & Koch P11, Harpoon
SANDBOX — Past: | Present:
TV3 —
THEME: Those Poor Bastards — Crooked Man

SC2:
G25: Jasmine King — "I win." — 32%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Colt Single Action Army, Hunga Munga
SCDos —
THEME: QZ Productions — My Mistress' Will
[+] Beyond

PV3 Prologue:
M35: Buddy Underwood — "So... what, we creatin' some kinda Dogtown?" — 62%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Sledgehammer
BEFORE — Past: N/A | Present: N/A
PV3 Prologue — 1 2 3 4 5
THEME — ???
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Waldo Woodrow — The Best Friend — "Yo! Bro! Check out this shark I caught!"
Warion Roux — The Bumblebee — "Homme qui regarde même les signatures en notre année 2022?"
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Ew, who the fuck called her Yasmin?

Her parents didn't even call her by her full name, so it was weird hearing Maxwell do it. In fact she hadn't even heard someone use Yasmin in at least a month.

Even Daniel had called her Yaz and he was an out of it mess.

On a more important issue though Yaz had some problems. She had been under the impression that when Baxter had suggested that they explore the surrounding area he had been meaning the area around the cabin. Apparently that was not the case and him and Maxwell intended to leave her and Daniel alone in the cabin.

That idea didn't seem great to her.

"Thanks Daniel," She said in response to Daniel's plan, smiling a little at the statement itself. "I'll keep that in mind."

Yaz wasn't sure that between Daniel and her the cabin would be well defended.

Maxwell obviously had similar doubts based on what he had said. She had a knife, and Daniel had a gun, but...she could see why he would have his doubts about how well they'd be able to look after themselves in a fight.

His new plan wasn't much better though.

"Are you sure going alone is...like a good idea?"
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by The Honeless Beard »

While they talked, Baxter moved again, his eyes taking in the cabin surroundings, fingers idly tapping his thighs. He limped a little less noticably, now, moved a lot better. One of his tapping digits moved to rubbing, soft scratching, anything to distract himself from the nagging ache.

He let Yaz's addition to the conversation die in the air before he responded.

"Who's going to protect you then, big guy?" he said to Maxwell, moving towards a bare table tucked into the corner of the room. He tested how strong it was - half rotten legs, wobbly frame. Perfect.

"Daniel, cover your ears," he said softly, then, waiting a beat, kicked one of the table legs where it joined the flat surface.

The crack was muffled as the soft wood gave way, and the table sank towards him, popping free of a second leg, one rusted screw sticking out of the wood where it had once brought the furniture together. Baxter snatched it up, tested it with a swing, and nodded to himself.

"We barricade the door, block the window," he continued, this time to Yaz, "enough so that it's hard for someone to get in - not impossible. The front door opens out, so you and Daniel can push something in front of it - something that's hard to move from the doorframe."

He tapped his chin, thinking. "A bookcase or a cot, or something. That way, when someone tries to get in, you can either flash the knife or scare them off by throwing stuff. With all of these places to hide, I doubt someone's going to think it's worth the trouble."

He looked around the room again, and a little smile emerged.

Our endzone. Home base. Stop the other team from scoring.

"Lombardi and I won't be long."
SOTF TV V3
ES12: Ivan Rodriguez - Co-Winner - "Just fucking fight me, man."
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3
MM12: Maxine "Max" Schwimmer - Sink or Swim "Akeno, please." - DECEASED

International:
O25: Tarren Joseph - A Boring Dystopia- "You killed me." - DECEASED

Supers
Kincaid Rawlins - The Apocalyptic Rockfight- "Hello kitty sucks."
Wham Yubeesling
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

Amount of time that it took for Maxwell’s plan to get shut down: two seconds.

But he supposed that their concern was understandable. He supposed that the idea of exploring this island by himself wasn’t a good one, for him or this group. Honestly, part of him was still confident that he could do the job himself - if he utilized stealth, it would be unlikely that he would get a fight in the first place - but there was no point in arguing this. There was no point in going against the grain of the group who had been so quickly to accept him, who had decided to go against Maxwell’s decision for his own sake. No. There was no point in disagreeing with them. Even if he wanted to be alone, even if he could go alone, it was safer to go together. He would just have to work around Baxter being with him.

And to be honest, that part too was for the best. Admittedly, he didn’t know why, but there was a piece of affirmation. A brief feeling telling Maxwell that yes, this was the right idea.

He would have liked to know why particularly it was, but he could deal with that.

Honestly, it probably wouldn’t be likely that he would have the full picture anymore.

He supposed he would just have to work with what we had.

“Right,” he said, nodding at Baxter. “Going alone would be… a bad idea, right.”

And he looked around. Heard the crack as Baxter got a weapon of his own. Hear the second proposed part of Baxter’s plan.

“Yeah,” he said. “Boarding this place up would be ideal, although...”

He looked at the door. Back at the group.

“If me and Baxter are going we would have to do so before the blockade comes up, so if you’re okay with doing it yourself, Yasmin…”

A confirmation. The specifics were unimportant. All he needed to know was that him and Baxter were leaving now.

((“Right,” Maxwell said, turning around and opening the door. “I suppose the two of us will be off then.”))
[+] The Present
Image Image

SC3:
???: Jeremy Frasier — "..." — 0%
THEME: Jim's Big Ego — Stress

B02: Maxwell Lombardi — “Then I'll beat them again. Simple as that.” — 100%/0%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: SPAS-12 Shotgun, Trident, Colt .357 King Cobra, Meat Cleaver
SCDos — |
SCTres —
THEME: Eminem — The Way I Am
[+] The Past
ImageImageImage Image Image

BRAU2:
B11: Hiroki Sugimura — "Listen, Kayoko, I lov-” — 10%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Shamisen
BRAU2 —

INTL:
O07: Jaxon Chen (Adopted from Tapey!) — "You- started- this-" — 55%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Poison Ivy Gloves, Smoke Bomb, Crutch
INTL —

PV3:
F01: Michelle White — "Because if you can forgive me, then… then maybe I can try to forgive myself. Amen." — 68%
Kills: 1 | Equipped with: Ghille Suit, Combat Knife w/ Sniper Scope, Speargun
SANDBOX — Past: N/A | Present:
PV3 —
THEME: Tommy Körberg — Anthem

Supers:
S034: Isabella Lugosi — "Stay. Away. Stay- away-" — 32%
Kills: 1 | Equipped with: Phenomena
Supers — Memories: N/A | Game: 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦
THEME: John Carpenter — From The Fire

TV2:
SP5: Michael Robinson (Adopted from Polybius!) — "Oh shit." — 77%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Large Fishing Net
SANDBOX: N/A
TV2 — 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

TV3:
BC08: Marion Rosales — "Doesn't- matter if it works or not. You get- a chance to try." — 27%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Decorative Mareon Rosalales Nameplate
SANDBOX — Past: | Present: | 𓅓
TV3 — 𓅓
THEME: Dessa — Ride

SS01: Verity Stewart — "Fucking owned-" — 98%
Kills: 6 | Equipped with: Heckler & Koch P11, Harpoon
SANDBOX — Past: | Present:
TV3 —
THEME: Those Poor Bastards — Crooked Man

SC2:
G25: Jasmine King — "I win." — 32%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Colt Single Action Army, Hunga Munga
SCDos —
THEME: QZ Productions — My Mistress' Will
[+] Beyond

PV3 Prologue:
M35: Buddy Underwood — "So... what, we creatin' some kinda Dogtown?" — 62%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Sledgehammer
BEFORE — Past: N/A | Present: N/A
PV3 Prologue — 1 2 3 4 5
THEME — ???
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Waldo Woodrow — The Best Friend — "Yo! Bro! Check out this shark I caught!"
Warion Roux — The Bumblebee — "Homme qui regarde même les signatures en notre année 2022?"
delicateMachine

"Just, stay safe, alright guys? Try to come back soon? 'Cause, like, sometimes I get really worried when I don't hear back from a friend when I was expecting to hear back from them even if it was just, like, an hour, because... cars? And there's a lot more reason to be scared here, y'know," Daniel said, unceremoniously trailing off as he reached the end of that particular scattered thought. At least he was being acknowledged again, and at least Brandon had given him a generous warning before doing something sonically unpleasant, whatever it was.

Outside, huh. Until like a couple minutes prior, it hadn't really occurred to Daniel that there was stuff he should probably be concerned about (beside the sun's weaponized beams) beyond the walls of the cabin. Stuff like guns, and people, and people with said guns. Also, people who existed entirely separate from their gun-having state. Rachael. Johnny. Not Michael, thank God, however refreshing it would have been to see him striking a pose or something.

It was a relief that Brandon and Maxwell were the chosen ones to go on their first expedition, though. Like, Daniel knew that he probably couldn't stay in the cabin forever if he had any hopes of finding his friends before... yeah, but he also wasn't in a state to do literally anything. Maybe he could take a nap? Probably not, but it was nice to think about.

"Sorry, Yaz, but d'you think you can handle the barricading? At least some of it? I wanna help but I also wanna, like, lean back into this wall until I fuse with it and don't have a body anymore, and I think it might take me like ten minutes to try and stand up." Was Yaz buff? Daniel really couldn't remember enough about her appearance to guess. Like, he knew she was shorter than him, but most people were shorter than him so it wasn't really an effective barometer of fitness.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

"Yeah...uh stay safe." She offered meekly.

And so they were gone and she was left alone with Daniel.

Ok that made it sound worse than it was. There wasn't anything wrong with Daniel, personality wise at least. Physically, well he was a mess.

Yaz didn't know what the problem but they appeared to be going with him having an allergic reaction to the gas, something similar to what she was experience Yaz assumed. Daniel had it much, much worse though. He was basically dead-weight that could talk.

Daniel addressed her and she nodded as he spoke until belatedly realising he couldn't see and stopping, turning red as she did so. Only to realise he still couldn't see her and turning even more red at the fact she turned red to begin with. A whole cycle of embarrassment played out over someone who had no idea what had just happened.

"Umm, yeah, yeah. I can probably do it."

She looked around for something before remembering the bed she had woken up under.

"There's a bed further inside. I'll go get it." She said she shakily stood up and dropped her bag, being sure to keep the knife in her pocket.

She gingerly walked to the bed and threw the pillow, mattress and blanket off. She grabbed the bed by the bar that served as the bottom set of legs. There was no way in hell she was going to be able to lift it so dragging it was the only option she had.

Before beginning though she turned and called back to Daniel.

"Sorry this is going to get loud."

Then she started dragging.
delicateMachine

Yaz wasn't lying about it getting loud. Like, there was no discernible reason for her to lie about it and it would in fact be known in the common parlance as 'a jerk move kind of'; but Daniel had been vaguely hoping that she had, like, vastly overestimated the sound levels that would be generated by her being awesome and doing all the barricading work by herself.

And, again, she hadn't. That was being made abundantly clear. Daniel covered his ears his with palms and his fingers in several different configurations because he wasn't actually sure of the most efficient way to block out sound. If it existed, it wasn't enough to save him from the screech of metal being dragged across the wooden floorboards, inch by agonizing inch.

It was pretty terrible!

Eventually the noise stopped, and while it didn't take the new headpain it had invited into his brain along with it; it was nice enough to hang a 'do not disturb' sign on its way out. As long as the pain wasn't escalating or spiking, Daniel could handle it. Well, not really; but he could think about handling it, which was a step up that could maybe lead to him actually dealing with his problems in the future.

Now there was a new problem - Daniel was alone with someone he didn't really know. Like, that usually wasn't an issue, he liked talking to people; but the situation they were all in made the atmosphere kinda grim for the standard getting to know each other talk. He usually wasn't the type who was afraid of letting a silence sit for a while, either; but talking (in a quiet and reasonable voice) helped distract him from both the pain and the things he'd rather not think about; the insidious teamwork between the two head invaders the only thing stopping him from just taking a nap right there on the floor.

"Yaz, uh, thanks for handling the barricade stuff. That's rad. You're rad," Daniel said at what felt like a perfectly reasonable volume for him but was in reality kinda quiet. "...Read any good books lately?"
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

((If she catches you in view, there is no Plan B))

The cabin stood out among the all the unkempt greenery of the forest. It had as much of her attention as she could spare; every bush, and tree, and shadow could be someone else trying to get the drop on her. But she could focus on it. The split in her attention was rooted in caution, not fear. She'd met many classmates with the will to pull the trigger, but not to put a bullet in someone's head. Even her head. That separated them.
The ends don't justify the means, but ends do require means.
What more literally separated her from the voices she heard in the cabin was a door. A quick shove with her good shoulder confirmed that it was block. Katarina had a polite, natural response: she knocked three times, then raised her gun to the door.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

The bed was propped up against the door barricading it nicely.

Yaz took a step back and leaned forward, resting her hands on her knees.

That...that had been hard work. Hard work certainly not helped by the fact the bed was taller than her by a good few inches. Turning to face Daniel she slid down the wall next to the door until she was once again sitting on the floor, her breathing was pretty ragged.

It made sense, she didn't really exercise, in fact she couldn't remember the last time she had actually exercised. She didn't expect that detail would end up being favorable for her as things went on. But until then she was at least alone in a secure cabin with Daniel. They were safe until Baxter and Maxwell returned from their exploration of the rest of the island. All they had to do was sit tight until then, however long that ended up being. She really, really hoped it wouldn't be too long.

Daniel was asking her a question and oh my god small talk was awkward.

"Umm...I read Never-"

Her response was cut off as someone tried to open the door. She froze and felt her heartbeat speed up. After trying the door proved unsuccessful whoever was attempting to enter knocked three times.

"Who..." She sniffed and really wished her nose and voice would return to normal. "Who's there?"
delicateMachine

Okay, so, Yaz had obviously done a good job with the bed and the barricade (bedricade); since someone was trying to get inside, but they weren't actually inside. That was good. Daniel hadn't doubted her or anything; and was in fact impressed that she had managed to get it done without anyone's help. Nice. It was less nice that he'd have to wait to find out what book she had wanted to talk about - 'Never" wasn't exactly a beginning that narrowed down the titles much.

Alright, that was two talking points out of the way, Daniel was making good time. Anything else he could focus on? His head hurt, but that wasn't novel. At all. Only so many different ways he could phrase it before he started getting repetitive, and even if his pain was stuck in a loop that didn't mean his brain had to be. He'd thought about glass shards already, right? Like, glass shards getting all up in his headspace? That seemed like an obvious one. Maybe he hadn't covered it yet, just because it was so obvious? Well, too late now; either way he'd cracked open the packaging and the expiration date was like, yesterday.

So. Okay. Alright. The knocking. Kinda of ominous? Like, it obviously wasn't Brandon or Maxwell, and Daniel was pretty sure that the rest of his friends and book acquaintances (bookquaintances) would have the common decency to introduce themselves. But their visitor wasn't rude enough to try actually breaking in, so that might be a good sign?

"Hey, uh, hello. We don't want any. Sorry. Whatever it is, no. Unless it's encyclopedias? Like an encyclopedia with a map of every island in the world so we could point to it and go 'we are here' and then, like, that's about all we could do with that I guess? I mean it'd be educational," Daniel said. Could they even hear him? Like, he wasn't gonna shout, and Yaz wasn't shouting either so he probably didn't need to, but - ah jeeze there he went again. She couldn't shout and he didn't want to.

Their visitor'd probably get the gist.
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

Katarina didn't say anything in response. Two people, scared enough to barricade themselves inside and clearly at odds about what should be done with their visitor. One of them sounded like she had been crying. The other seemed dazed. An injury? Hiding from an attacker? Interrupting a deathbed confession?
I hope it was memorable.
The details were unimportant. Every sign pointed to trapped targets with little to no means or will to fight back who might already be dying. She could take her time and force away the urge to attach names, faces, memories to the voices. If she did this correctly, she would never even have to see them. They would just be voices. Pleas. Perhaps screams.
If it's fast, I won't hear any of it.
Katarina raised her hand to the wall next to the door and knocked. Then she began to walk slowly around the cabin as she repeated the motion, looking for the wood's thinnest point.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

No response.

It made Yaz nervous.

Her general feelings about the situation were not improved any when the knocking began to slowly and deliberately move around the outside of the cabin.

It made it clear whoever was out there was not friendly. They had something planned, and whatever it was would be bad for Daniel and her.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit." She breathed as one hand adjusted her headband while the other gripped her knife tightly. She didn't want to use it, but if the person outside planned to kill them then she may have been left with no choice.

Her heart rate was increasing and she could feel the beginnings of sweat starting to be absorbed by the headband.

What did she do? What could she do? All she had was a knife. Whoever was outside could have had a gun for all she knew or some explosives or way to burn the cabin down. What choice could she make? She was responsible for Daniel as well after all. He could hardly look after himself in the state he was in. She could always have left him but-no, no she couldn't leave him. If she left him he would die, she needed to stay. They couldn't leave the cabin.

The cabin was safe and it would stay safe until someone found a different way in.

"Daniel," Her voice was a low rasp, hopefully quiet enough Daniel could still hear her while whoever was busy being a massive fucking creep was left out. She would have moved closer to him, but she didn't want to get spotted. "Stay there and hopefully whoever it is will leave?"

She didn't sound sure because she wasn't.

"Do you think you can move...if you need to?"
delicateMachine

"Sure? I mean, I'd rather not try unless we have to, but like, if we really had to, I guess," Daniel said, keeping his voice low on purpose this time to match Yaz's decrease in volume.

He wasn't gonna argue with her plan to stay put until further notice, but it'd be nice if he could, like, commit to staying still like he had before. Now that there was a possibility that he'd have to stand up, or maybe even walk, maybe even fast, he just couldn't put his heart into it. Like, relax and restation was out of the question while he still had a head, but he would've been able to pretend that it was a possibility.

For real, though? Daniel had a pretty bad feeling about the whole situation, especially since Yaz wasn't super happy with it either. The silent knocking - no, that was an oxymoron, the silence after the knocking - was bad enough, but keeping it up, moving around, a sound so steady it felt ominously inhuman? Nah, that was straight up scary. Even worse when he was still blindfolded.

At least he had control over that last part, though. Daniel silently apologized to Brandon's mom for casting off her special migraine technique as he reached around the back of his head and untied the cloth. Somehow, the temporarily relief made the light sting even worse once it gleefully slammed into his eyes again, but at least he could see.

Ah, geeze, Yaz was tiny. Like, he was like more than a foot taller than Rachael, and Yaz looked even shorter than that. Daniel felt infinitely more apologetic for making her shoulder the work, but also infinitely more impressed that she had still managed to put up a nice-looking barricade. His body might be broken for an indefinite amount of time, but he could still be moral support, right?

"We're, uh, we're gonna be alright. Yeah. We're cool, Yaz. Cool." If Daniel had been egotistical enough to make a list of his top five best moral support moments, that sentence wouldn't have been on it, or considered to be on it, or even remembered, but it was probably better than just staying quiet and panicking.

Return to “Isolated Cabin”