And So It Goes

But where it's goin', no one knows (private for now, get off my lawn)

A large, flat portion of sandy desert terrain north of The Compound and the old road leading to it. The Flatlands are covered in densely packed, low-lying brush and patches of grass, giving anyone within it plenty of places to hide, but very little cover from attack.

THREAD LIMIT: 3

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

Skraal
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by Skraal »

Emily's head abruptly jerked upwards at the sound of David's approach. She swallowed hard, glancing down at the pair of students lying nearby before returning her gaze to the newcomer, words tumbling nervously out of her mouth into the chilly evening air.

"I-I don't know! I looked away for a bit, to let them have, like, a bit of privacy, and then after they got quiet I turned back and they were both like this."

She put a hand to her forehead for a moment, her thoughts disrupted by the onset of what was shaping up to be a splitting headache. Every moment of the situation seemed to be bringing things from bad to worse, and the ride didn't seem to be slowing down any time soon.

A few more seconds of anxious silence ticked by while Emily tried her best not to stare at the glowing veins crisscrossing David's skin, her mind continuing to race. Finally, she got the bright idea to pick up reach over to Ximena's neck, moving the girl's pretty black hair out of the way as she fumbled around searching for a pulse. Her efforts were soon rewarded by a weak, but still present thumping beneath the skin. A brief sense of relief flashed through her before she looked back up at David.

"She's still alive, I think... I can feel a pulse, at least. Can you check on Raja while I keep trying to wake her up?"

Emily closed her eyes for a moment, the pain getting worse. This was going to be a long night...
[+] Characters
The Program V2
Josephine "Josie" Luu - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 2
Søren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED

Second Chances 2
Soren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED
Cody Jenkins - Current Status: DECEASED

The Program V3
Samuel Rosen - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 3
Luciano Ascencio (adopted from UnmaskedMountain) - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF International
Clara Micallef - Current Status: In Thread

SOTF Supers
Mei-Ling "Emily" Chou - Current Status: DECEASED

New Battle Royale AU
Yuko Sakaki - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF Cyber
Nicholas Cameron - Current Status: In Thread
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Ximena drowsily came to consciousness sometime in the dark. There was something warm near her. She didn't think much about it, nor had she the capacity to think about much. She sighed until her lungs were completely empty and went back to sleep.

When she woke again, the sun had come up. She casually was disappointed that she was not dead.

It was time to leave.

(( Ximena continued elsewhere))
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."
Jilly
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Jilly »

David nodded his head a few times unevenly and stumbled over to Raja's side. His face and hair were still soaked in sweat, but he was lying motionless as if he were asleep.

David shook his shoulders gently. "Hey, hey," he called to him a little louder than David intended. No response. It was like holding a raw piece of steak.

David felt along Raja's still-damp neck and his chest. David took the arm draped over Ximena and felt along it down to the wrist
Nothing. Not even an echo. Must've just happened.

David swallowed the spit built up in his throat as he eyed over the fifth dead person he'd ever seen with his own eyes before. He looked at Emily and shook his head. "I don’t think he's here anymore."

David wiped his nose with the back of his hand as he surveyed the cooling darkness of the desert night. He looked down at Raja and Ximena's hands still clasped together along the ground.

"I don't think there's anything left with can do for him right now, or her either. But maybe we can set up camp and figure it out in the morning. Start from there."

David reached down to the outstretched hands and broke them apart.

((to be continued))
Skraal
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by Skraal »

Emily breathed out deeply through her nose before giving David a curt nod of acknowledgement as he broke the news to her. To be completely honest, it was what she had already expected to hear, but having the words come out of someone else's mouth gave her at least a little desperately needed emotional breathing room.

Perhaps if the day hadn't been so overloaded with horrible stuff, she would have been more traumatized by this, but as things stood, she really didn't have much energy to spare here. She was an asshole for thinking it, obviously, but between the kidnapping, and the lost medication, and the throbbing in her skull, there wasn't much room left to process Raja's fate.

Her attempt at waking Ximena came to a stop as she took her hands off the other girl's shoulders before sitting back against the tree and closing her eyes once more. All she could do now was try to sleep and hope that her headache would have faded by the morning.

Unfortunately, when the next morning arrived, she soon discovered that she hadn't been that lucky.

((Emily Chou continued in Parasocial Paranoia))
[+] Characters
The Program V2
Josephine "Josie" Luu - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 2
Søren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED

Second Chances 2
Soren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED
Cody Jenkins - Current Status: DECEASED

The Program V3
Samuel Rosen - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 3
Luciano Ascencio (adopted from UnmaskedMountain) - Current Status: DECEASED