Rubicon

open

The residential district tapers into the harbor, which includes a number of docks, small warehouses, and equipment for unloading cargo. At the time of the game, no ships are present, and most of the cargo that can be ransacked offers little of interest.

Moderator: BRAU2 Director

ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

He turned around to the tune of the tumble, and that was the ring of the bell. Game end, match over. Sure, Akamatsu was still flailing, swinging that sickle like he still had fight in him, but if Mitsuru wanted him dead. Well...

"Debu; cut that shit out."

Like Mitsuru thought, Akamatsu was only going to get himself hurt.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Salic

Post by Salic »

When Numai turned around, Yoshio was sure that he was coming to finish him off, to eliminate him from the game. Yoshio tried to pick a fight but he failed miserably. He had gotten nothing but a leg injury for his trouble, and now this was probably going to be the end.

But it never came. Instead, Numai told him to stop what he was doing. Yoshio looked up and saw him just standing there, not making a move. He stopped swinging his sickle around and held it up defensively and rigidly.

“W-What? What are you...?” he questioned quietly, unsure of why Numai was sparing him. Yoshio had charged first, after all.

He started crawling backwards slowly, not wanting to put any weight on his injured leg and agitate the new gash he had.

“I-If you’re not gonna...” he couldn’t bring himself to say “kill”.

“If you’re not gonna finish it, then p-please go. I j-j-j-just want to be left alone. Please, Numai.”

Yoshio averted his eyes, shame boiling away in the back of his mind.
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
Mikki Swift - "With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bree Jones - "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them." - Queen Victoria
Serena Waters - "You cannot make a revolution in white gloves." - Vladimir Lenin
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]
B1: Yoshio Akamatsu - "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” - Lyndon B. Johnson
Assigned Weapon: Sickle
Location: The die was cast in Farm Storage (H6) - Iacta Alea Est
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B7: Yoshitoki Kuninobu - "When the sword of rebellion is drawn, the sheath must be thrown away." - John Copley
Assigned Weapon: Czechoslovakian CZ 75 Semi-Automatic Pistol
Location: He took the fall for an enemy in Residential Area (H/I8) - Peace Village: Brother's Blood
In-Game History: 1 - 2 -

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker
S027: Claudia Salgado - "The optimist may fail, but the pessimist already begins failing." - Juscelino Kubitschek
Assigned Weapon: [ERROR: WEAPON UNAVAILABLE.]
Gift: Flashbang
Location: She stared death in the face in The Outskirts - Out Run
Pregame History: 1 - 2
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
P003: Elizabeth Rodney - ”I demolish my bridges behind me... then there is no choice but to move forward.” - Fridtjof Nansen
Assigned Weapon: Obedience to Authority + Altor Survival Pistol
Location: She met up with her beloveds in The Powerhouse - Burning Down the House
Pregame History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
In-game History: 1
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:
Christian Graf von Helder - “I’ll be a big noise with all the big boys!” - Peter Gabriel
Francisco Ordaz Santander - ”I am responsible only to God and history.” - Francisco Franco

INTERMISSIONS:
Sophia Mirowski - "Be strong in the belief that life is wonderful." - Valery Sablin
Lee Iker
Stanley Mirowski - "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SOTF-SUPERS V2:
Kendra Kuchel - ”If we value so highly the dignity of life, how can we not also value the dignity of death? No death may be called futile.” - Yukio Mishima
Nichelle Damen - ”All our knowledge- past, present, and future- is nothing compared to what we will never know.” - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Kazimierz Krzyzewski - ”At dawn it is not just the night that dies, it is man and his becoming, and the warm blood staining the pavement is a word that is just starting.” - Ricardo Mannerini
Raqel Poghosyan
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Put that damn thing down, I'm not going to kill you."

Yoshio was off his shit, that was clear. He wasn't a threat to Mitsuru anymore, but at any time, he could cause someone else to get killed, if not himself. Akamatsu wanted Mitsuru to leave, and hell he wanted to before, he just didn't appreciate being pointed at with a damn sickle.

"I was trying to, but you kept waving that stupid hook around like some sort of psycho. I get your scared, but you swing that shit at the wrong person then they're going to kill you, or someone who wanted to help you is going to end up dead."

Mitsuru looked at the gash going through his arm. Yoshio got him good, he needed to bandage this shit up soon.

"You want me to leave? Promise me you're not going to act like an idiot and try to stab every first person you meet."
Salic

Post by Salic »

He hated every word coming out of Numai’s mouth, every word spewing forth like poison out of the delinquent’s thick skull. It made Yoshio’s blood boil in anger, but it was not a righteous anger. It was a hate borne of pettiness. Yoshio hated what Numai was saying because he knew it was true.

Yoshio had allowed his own fear and paranoia overtake his rational thought process and brainlessly attacked Numai as a result. Now he had a serious-looking leg injury to take care of merely minutes into the game. This put him at a major disadvantage compared to everyone else. Yoshio groaned and let his sickle fall from his hand, clattering on the pavement.

“...Fine.”

Those words hurt his pride more than he cared to admit.

“You’re right. I let my fear govern my actions, and it was a mistake.” He breathed out heavily, as the pain in his leg was coming in full force now that the adrenaline was gone.

“I’ll stop waving the sickle around. You’ve got my word.”
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
Mikki Swift - "With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bree Jones - "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them." - Queen Victoria
Serena Waters - "You cannot make a revolution in white gloves." - Vladimir Lenin
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B1: Yoshio Akamatsu - "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” - Lyndon B. Johnson

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B7: Yoshitoki Kuninobu - "When the sword of rebellion is drawn, the sheath must be thrown away." - John Copley
Location: He took the fall for an enemy in Residential Area (H/I8) - Peace Village: Brother's Blood

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker
S027: Claudia Salgado - "The optimist may fail, but the pessimist already begins failing." - Juscelino Kubitschek

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
P003: Elizabeth Rodney - ”I demolish my bridges behind me... then there is no choice but to move forward.” - Fridtjof Nansen
Location: She met up with her beloveds in The Powerhouse - Burning Down the House
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:
Christian Graf von Helder - “I’ll be a big noise with all the big boys!” - Peter Gabriel
Francisco Ordaz Santander - ”I am responsible only to God and history.” - Francisco Franco

INTERMISSIONS:
Sophia Mirowski - "Be strong in the belief that life is wonderful." - Valery Sablin
Lee Iker
Stanley Mirowski - "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SOTF-SUPERS V2:
Kendra Kuchel - ”If we value so highly the dignity of life, how can we not also value the dignity of death? No death may be called futile.” - Yukio Mishima
Nichelle Damen - ”All our knowledge- past, present, and future- is nothing compared to what we will never know.” - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Kazimierz Krzyzewski - ”At dawn it is not just the night that dies, it is man and his becoming, and the warm blood staining the pavement is a word that is just starting.” - Ricardo Mannerini
Raqel Poghosyan
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Alright...Look, I'm uhhh I'm sorry about..." Mitsuru wasn't used to apoligizing, nor was he used to apologizing over stabbing people, give him a second here. "Sorry about your leg..."

Mitsuru just sort of stood there awkwardly. It was also kind of Akamatsu's fault his leg was like that, but if Mitsuru started blaming him it was just gonna piss him off again. "If it makes you feel better, you got my arm pretty good." He'd have to patch it up pretty soon. Somewhere else that wasn't here, unless Akamatsu got brave again, or someone else got the wrong idea.

"Look, I get you hate us, that's fair, but you got a lot of friends too, you're not alone here. Go find Shuya or someone, maybe someone will figure something out, maybe we can get out of this." Mitsuru himself had some people he had to find, he was already on the wrong side of the island, the Kiriyama family needed his help, even if the Boss had things figured out. Already he was late, and he was going to be even later with this arm in the way.

Mitsuru looked behind him. The houses would probably have something to help him out. Beyond meds and food, he was going to need more protection than this knife. He began to pace backwards, putting the boot knife back in it's holster. "Alright, I'm leaving now, just stay low find someone you can trust. Someone freaks you out, don't attack them unless they attack first. Defend yourself, but don't give people a reason to fight you." He began to leave, before stopping to turn around once more.

"Debu, you're braver than you think. Don't lose your shit now, these bastards aren't worth it."

Hopefully that was enough to mean something. Hopefully Mitsuru wouldn't regret this. He turned around, and left.

((Mitsuru Numai continued elsewhere.))
Salic

Post by Salic »

Yoshio said nothing during Numai’s apology, too shocked to ever think that one of Kiriyama’s boys would ever have anything nice to say to him. As he watched Numai disappear into the forest, he reflected on what he had done. When he first ran out here, the game didn’t feel real at all. Even after he had charged Numai, it still didn’t feel real. It was like a bad dream, something he’d wake up from eventually.

But the gash on his leg proved that it wasn’t a bad dream. This was really happening, and what had he done basically immediately after getting sent out? He attacked someone out of fear and paranoia. He had succumbed to the Program almost immediately, and he was ashamed to admit that one of his bullies had snapped him out of it. Violently charging at people willy-nilly was only going to give him enemies, and he knew that not everyone would be as merciful as Numai had been. Someone else may have killed him right then and there.

He slowly started crawling away from the harbor, not wanting to agitate his injury more. ”Debu, you’re braver than you think.” Numai’s words echoed in his mind, and he wondered if they were true. It was stupidity, paranoia, and cowardice that had propelled him to slash Numai. Did he really have an ounce of bravery in him?

He held that question for a long, long time as he crawled away into the unknown.

((Yoshio Akamatsu continued in I Am The Ocean, I Am The Sea))
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:

INTERMISSIONS:
Lee Iker

SOTF-SUPERS V2:

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Raqel Poghosyan

Return to “Harbor (H9) [Forbidden]”