The One Where You Are Crying And I Don't Do Anything At All

Morning following the fourth announcement, Private once more

The cargo hold and engine rooms of the cruise ship, as well as crew quarters and other areas not intended to be seen by the guests, comprise the bowels. These are the lowest points of the ship, and unlike the well-decorated upper levels, the aesthetic is sparse and functional. The bare metal walls are stained with rust, and low-hanging pipes are common. Given the ship's size, this area falls well below the waterline, leaving ambient noise strange and unsettling, and creating a stifling atmosphere. The cargo hold is full of wooden crates, creating an artificial maze, though most of the crates are empty and those that are not are mostly filled with screws and bolts rendered inoperable by manufacturing defects; these were brought in by the producers to populate the area.
Tapey
Team Affiliation: Malcolm's Mariners

Post by Tapey »

She heard a voice calling her amidst her own sobs. A short, two-worded question asking if she was there, living and existing.

The voice sounded...familiar somehow. Was it someone she had been keeping an eye on before? Or was it another person she had met in school?

Honestly, she had no idea. Her mind was filled with nothing but severe pain and the fear of dying.

"Go away." She answered, her voice much shakier than before as if she was at her limit. She did not want to get into their little feud over there.

All she wanted was to be left alone. For now at least.
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

Surprisingly enough, Gabriela wasn’t going to just “go away.” Luciano was already proving to be a pain in the ass, and in that case Gabriela at least knew who and where he was. They didn’t need some wild card shit getting stirred into the mix.

Additionally, the idea of ceding ground to someone that was so obviously some variety of dead-ender troubled her.

“Yeah, sorry, but I don’t take requests from random fucking sob stories. So I’m going to ask again, and this time know that you’re talking to someone with a fucking gun, alright? So, who the fuck are you?”

Having to argue over such basic shit only served to further frustrate her. Letting Luciano not only live, but stick around had been a big tactical misstep, one she would pay for. Though she could fix that by simply turning around and shooting him.

Instead she took a few more steps forward, approaching the corridor where the voice seemed to come from.
Tapey

Post by Tapey »

Well, what were the odds? She had a fucking gun with her too.

Honestly, Hannah did not see the point of introducing each other. They both knew each other were in this very room, each having their own issues to deal with. Even if they somehow met each other, she could just end her right there without having to know her name.

But again, what's the loss of telling out her name anyways? It's not like hiding her identity would completely prevent her from potentially getting murdered.

"H-Hannah. It's Hannah here." She stuttered, obviously nervous that she might get shot from disobeying. "Y-You? Wh-Who are you? What do you want?"
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Well, thank fuck it was someone like Hannah. Gabriela wasn’t friends with the girl, but knew enough to get the gist. Small and polite, Hannah was the sort to make herself a nonentity, and it was her sort that usually got weeded out by this stage of the game.

It meant that the mysterious new arrival would likely present little in the way of being a direct threat.

But could Gabriela let another easy target just slip by? She was three kills behind Seo-yun, so she needed every one she could get. She needed to remember that. Needed.

She reached the corner and paused a moment, before peeking around. No sign of the other girl.

“Gabriela.” Her response came slow, an attempt to curb the edge of frustration.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

A voice whispers very quietly from Luciano's collar.

"In case you were wondering, Gabriela shot the last two people she chatted with. In your shoes, I'd consider making myself scarce while she's distracted."
Tapey

Post by Tapey »

Hannah stopped sobbing in disbelief, her moment of grief turned into a much fearful one. She had to be joking, it couldn't be...

It's Gabriella. The same Gabriella who shot Beau earlier. The same girl whose name had appeared several times in the announcements as the killer.

Chances were she would not let her slide that easily, especially someone as gravely injured as Hannah. I mean, anyone who was sane enough would definitely not let a free kill slide, especially when you're so close to escaping the game, so close to freedom.

Her head was a complete mess. Not even words could describe how fucked up her situation was.

She just barely escaped from getting killed by a murderer on a killing spree, only to end up in the hands of another.

Calm down, Hannah... Maybe if we talked this out, she would not blast her gun right in your face... Just maybe...

She remembered how badly Beau's wound was back when she first met him. She remembered the number of people who had died by her. She felt the sharp pain from her arm again, this time even more severe than before...

Fuck it. She couldn't think straight anymore.

Why? Why can't she think normally whenever she needed to be logical the most? Just WHY?!!

"Alright, Gabriella, here's what we're going to do. You're going to turn around and continue whatever the fuck you're doing with your crew there, while I'll be minding my own damn business. I don't care if you have a fucking gun, and I'm certainly not in the mood to entertain you. So mind your damn business, fuck off, and leave me alone. Capiche?!" Her tone was way harsher and angrier than usual, with some gasping from agony in between.
Skraal
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by Skraal »

Whatever feeling of relief Luciano may have experienced from no longer being the target of Gabriella's weapon was soon drowned out by the rapidly escalating crisis happening between her and the newcomer. The space cadet was self aware enough to admit that he didn't have the best social skills in the room, but it didn't take a master of social intelligence to realize that the current situation was going to hell in a handbasket.

Trying his best not to disturb the two girls, he took a couple steps back before his thoughts were interrupted by a quiet voice emerging from his collar. He paused for a moment, shocked at the sudden emergence of his mentor's advice, before her words really began to sink in. As usual, Jewel was right, even without having to account of Gabriella's killcount.

Taking a deep breath, Luciano took a few more quiet steps backwards, taking care not the scrape his sword along the ground. Intervening here would be nothing but trouble, and his best chance for survival would be to get out of here while his would-be assailant was distracted.

A few seconds later, he was around the corner, and a few seconds later, he was making his way up the steps. He had had enough of the cramped quarters of ships and submarines to last a lifetime - if he never left dry land again, it would be too soon.

((Luciano Ascencio continued in Song of the Candle))
[+] Characters
The Program V2
Josephine "Josie" Luu - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 2
Søren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED

Second Chances 2
Soren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED
Cody Jenkins - Current Status: DECEASED

The Program V3
Samuel Rosen - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 3
Luciano Ascencio (adopted from UnmaskedMountain) - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF International
Clara Micallef - Current Status: In Thread

SOTF Supers
Mei-Ling "Emily" Chou - Current Status: DECEASED

New Battle Royale AU
Yuko Sakaki - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF Cyber
Nicholas Cameron - Current Status: In Thread
RetroVenus

Post by RetroVenus »

Luciano stumbled over his words as he apologized to the pair and asked Gabriela if she could maybe not shoot him, please and thank you. This whole act felt familiar to Elliott-Blair; the pair were going through the same motions they did during their encounter with that blue-haired boy. Offhandedly, Elliott-Blair wondered how he was doing. Was he still alive, fighting to keep it that way? More likely he was dead, lying on a dock somewhere with countless stab wounds to the stomach.

Before anyone could react, a faint sobbing noise echoed throughout the bowels. Someone else was here.

Gabriela raised her hand, the universal sign to stop talking, before she began to maneuver her way to the source of the crying. She glanced at him, and he nodded. Should Luciano try anything, he'll be at the receiving end of Elliott-Blair's fancy new taser.

A short conversation between Gabriela and the sobbing girl followed. Her name was Hannah, and she wanted to be left alone. Interestingly, her words were punctured by pained gasps. She was wounded.

An easy target.

A faint voice came from behind him, and he turned to see that Luciano was now standing a few paces away. His mentor must have given him the push he needed to leave. Elliott-Blair wanted to chase him down, but what good would that do? Luciano was on the track team, and Elliott-Blair did not nearly have enough stamina to outpace him. Luciano also had a bladed weapon on him, and if he decided to fight back...

Elliott-Blair turned his back on Luciano. Fine. Whatever. Let him go, there will be other people to kill. Like Hannah, who Gabriela seems much more comfortable talking with than shooting. Was she losing her motivation?

Elliott-Blair started walking to where Gabriela currently was. No, no, no. She can't give up, she's still eight kills short of his freedom! Perhaps she just needed a little reminder?
avatar by pan, sprite by the wonderful Yugikun
[+] that which shall be tuned
x.
[+] that which was discarded
ImageElliott-Blair Østergaard — Rocketman — "Was that all you wanted?"
Profile | Memories 1 | Pregame 1 | TV3 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

And then, almost in an instant, the situation seemed to slip right through Gabriela’s fingers, falling just out of her grasp. Luciano running off wouldn’t have been a complete loss on its own. It was a lost opportunity, but it also made everything here much less complicated, since Gabriela now only needed to focus on Hannah.

But Hannah started to fucking freak out for whatever reason. Well, Gabriela knew the reason. Hannah knew that she was a killer and wasn’t going to entertain some bullshit, which only left Gabriela more frustrated.

Nothing could be easy or simple or even peaceful at this point, not with the path she’d chosen to go down. Gabriela was a threat, and everyone knew that.

“Sorry, but I’m not interested in taking orders. So how about you tell me where you are?” Gabriela could feel the tension rising in her voice, unable to hide the irritation she felt with the other girl’s sudden development of a backbone.

Gabriela probably was going to have to shoot Hannah here, and that was a good thing, after all. She had lost focus, but now this girl was being annoying and belligerent. Gabriela really didn’t have a choice. And Elliott was still there with her, still dependent on her.

She quickly stepped around the corner, intending to face down her opponent, only to find no one else there.

“Where… are you…?” Gabriela repeated to herself in a whisper.
Tapey

Post by Tapey »

"And have you blasting my entire head off with your gun? How about fuck no and screw off somewhere else?" Hannah retorted, her tone clearly more shaky and nervous. Technically, all she had to do was to stay silent and hide until Gabriella lost all of her patience and left. She didn't know why she had to scream out everything that was on her mind. Perhaps she had finally lost it and just wanted to vent out instead of keeping everything onto herself for once.

Perhaps, she just wanted to live, and the fear of death had overtaken her.

Regardless, Gabriella had probably heard her, and it would take a few minutes for her to find Hannah and kill her on the spot.

A few minutes before she would meet her inevitable demise.

She couldn't help but to tremble and curl herself in the corner. She could feel chills running down her spine, and her eyes were starting to get teary again. Is this what it feels like when you're getting closer and closer to death?

'P-Please...' She mumbled in a nervous, frightened tone, despite knowing that Gabriella might not give a shit about her final request, 'I don-I don't want to go h-here. So please... J-Just leave me alone...'

A short pause of sobbing, with a final, desperate plead, '...please...'
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Gabriela had been stupid. She’d gone and been concerned that the emotionally unwell girl was just going to be a problem because she was going to get angry or start some sort of fight. But no, after a few more moments of defiance, Hannah’s voice grew quiet, almost difficult to hear.

Instead, this was shaping up to be a problem that was far less dangerous, but likely far more frustrating. Carol and Sarah’s deaths had been quick… Well, actually, Sarah’s hadn’t been quick exactly, but there wasn’t a whole lot of mulling it over. A fight had happened and Gabriela won and Sarah died.

It wasn’t technically worse to have to stand over someone while they beg you to let them go only to just pull the trigger anyway, but it was a different sort of difficulty.

It was a feeling of inevitability, and the desperation of those who cried and clawed and threw themselves upon the gears, only for time to grind flesh into paste and continue on as if there had been nothing at all.

Gabriela wasn’t like those people. She knew this game, understood the way it worked. She wouldn’t make herself a nothing for the sake of pride or shame.

“I’m not… I just… I need to see you. Wanna make sure everything’s alright.” The words came out as more of a muttering as they went.

She wouldn’t have been able to convince someone with the mind of a fucking toddler. What the fuck was wrong with her?

Gabriela felt her face tighten, trying to focus, but she struggled to figure out what that something was. Her pistol? Hannah? Elliott? The camera that Gabriela couldn’t help but notice as it seemed to focus on her shirt.
Tapey

Post by Tapey »

She's lying. She's definitely lying.

There's no way someone would just threaten her with a gun, all that only to just 'check on how she's doing' .

Hannah could felt Gabriella's footsteps approaching her, nearer and nearer. She tried to come up with a plan to escape, but her mind was too much of a mess to even connect the pieces. Every plan that she could think of was immediately denied by a worst-case scenario.

She knew she was pretty much screwed, so why the struggle?

Was she terrified of death? The process of dying? Or just straight-up could not handle the fact that she died in the hands of a liar? That she was killed by another person who would do literally anything to escape, even if it meant killing your own friends?

Slowly and slowly, she seemed to accept her fate, but deep down she still wanted to live. She wanted to barge out of here and die somewhere else.

But she knew she couldn't.

"Just...save it. Why bother lying when you literally just threaten me with a gun a few minutes ago?" Her voice croaked and echoed across the corridor with a desperate yet frustrated tone, "After all, what's stopping you from shooting me? Thought you would have gotten used to it after killing the others."
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

It was an accusation, an insult, the way Hannah was talking to her, about what she’d done. And why did it frustrate her? Why was she acting so petulant? The frustration was irrational, because Hannah was right. She was nothing and Gabriela would kill her, just like the others, but she was so fucking smug about it.

“I didn’t- I wasn’t- I needed to know who the fuck you were, asshole! Sorry if I fucking offended you because I- I- just shut the fuck up, alright? Come out here and- I want to talk to your fucking face.” The pace of her words was quickening and thoughts cut into one another, half-formed and frustrated.

Hannah was close. Gabriela could hear that she was close. What little alcove or hole had that little troll dug herself into and decided to insult other people while she cried.

“At least I’m not hiding from the fucking world. Come out. I want to talk.” She hissed. This time, her voice did not falter and words did not fail.
RetroVenus

Post by RetroVenus »

The conversation between Gabriela and Hannah continued; Gabriela curtly telling Hannah that she didn't take orders, Hannah responding that she didn't want to be shot.

Gabriela rounded the corner ahead of Elliott-Blair, and he briefly assumed that their nice little chat would end with a bullet to the head. When that deafening gunshot did not ring out, he turned the corner to see what was causing the delay.

In front of Gabriela and him was...nothing. The hallway was the same as all the others, with stark metallic walls decorated with large wooden crates. Not even a trail of blood to indicate where Hannah was hiding. The only sign of her at all was a disembodied voice telling the pair that she wanted to be left alone.

Gabriela tried lying, saying that she wanted to see if Hannah was alright. Such a bold-faced lie, Elliott-Blair inwardly scoffed. Really, she was a better liar that that. Predictably, Hannah threw Gabriela's earlier threats right back at her face.

But she kept going, saying that Gabriela should be used to all the killing now, and something snagged at Elliott-Blair's conscious.

He was being much too casual over someone's life. Hannah was defenseless, injured and alone. Yet he stood above her, demanding that Gabriela crush her underfoot. Maybe he should convince Gabriela to leave her alone, that there were better targets out there. Targets that deserved to get shot at, not some someone unfortunate enough to—

No.

Any sentimentality he had should have died alongside Sarah. If he was willing to condemn his friend to death, then everyone else should be fair game. No, Hannah was just another step closer to going home, sleeping in his bed, reading up on the latest news in astrophysics, catching up with Rashmi, living.

Gabriela sputtered something in response, before settling on an insult. Still, she insisted that she just wanted to talk, and that was what Elliott-Blair was here for. To gently guide her back on the right path.

"Gabby?" he whispered.
avatar by pan, sprite by the wonderful Yugikun
[+] that which shall be tuned
x.
[+] that which was discarded
ImageElliott-Blair Østergaard — Rocketman — "Was that all you wanted?"
Profile | Memories 1 | Pregame 1 | TV3 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Tapey

Post by Tapey »

Hannah sat silently still in the corner, clearly getting even more annoyed by Gabriella's comments.

It's not only due to the fact that what could have been a peaceful negotiation had now turned into a sour argument, but also about the insult towards her. Why was she taking the comments personally anyways? Was she irritated by the fact that her plan to negotiate had completely gone south?

No, it wasn't just that.

Gabriella actually had a point. She was being a coward the whole game.

She didn't dare to kill. She couldn't save her closest ally. Fuck, she couldn't even bring the guts to save herself.

For a moment, the bowels were only filled with ambient noises and footsteps. Hannah kept herself quiet and still.

She knew Gabriella was just right beside where she was hiding. A few more steps and she's exposed.

She had to do something. Even if it brought the smallest chance to escape.

But she's out of options.

She sighed heavily. Well, fuck it.

Hannah used her remaining of her strength to get herself up on two feet, grabbing the edge of the crate as a handle. It hurts, it really fucking hurts, but this was the only way she could think of if she wanted Gabriella to spare her. To earn her pity and hopefully being able to get spared.

And so here she was, barely being able to stand in front of Gabriella and... her squad. She really wasn't lying about the gun, huh?

Also, there's way more people around here. Way more than it should be.

"There...You happy now?" Her voice was stern, yet faint. Her right arm was a goner at this point, and her legs were wobbly from all the agony. She tried her best to give Gabriella a smile, despite still having tears all over her face.

Her feelings were a complete mess. Was she relieved? annoyed? angered? terrified?

Was this how Beau felt when he requested to get killed?

God, she was sure that her smile made her even uglier on camera.

With her remaining strength, she looked towards Gabriella in the eye, barely able to speak out her words.

"Please..."

Return to “Cruise Ship: Bowels (Danger Zone)”