I Have the High Ground

Ask first before joining!

There are enough access points to the roof, strewn across both hallways used by the students and the maintenance tunnels used by the staff, that the rooftop is impossible to barricade or hold—even with the combined effort of multiple coordinated students. There used to be safety fencing twice as tall as the average student, but it's gone now; there's not even a little ledge to demarcate between safety and falling off the edge. The upside of the roof was used, in better times, for student projects, a popular hangout spot for friend groups and smaller clubs without rooms of their own; however, there are no pieces of dedicated furniture native to this area of the school, and it is very sparse now save for the number of steel pylons and contraptions that serviced the illusion of HVAC and water supply. One sight here is the imposing dome of the planetarium, which rises a good ten meters above the rest of the roof. The roof also features the exhaust of the central Air Conditioning (AC) system, which still runs hot, with fan blades the size of a grown man still spinning. The metal mesh used to protect people from falling in is nowhere to be seen.

Moderator: SOTF: Cyber Staff

Anderson

Post by Anderson »

Zane sighed. If they had had the portal gun, that might have been an "easy" answer. But they didn't, so...

"Yeah. I'm just...I think..."

He let out another sigh (or maybe just a deep breath).

"I think we're hoping someone finds a way to short-circuit this...mess...before then."

Playing for time, not playing to win, as it were.

"So...remind me what the other way up here is?"
PlatFleece

Post by PlatFleece »

"Aside from climbing up the building, I don't think there's any other way but the stairs," Erica said, taking a moment to just look down.

"You guys don't think they gave people, like, Spider-Man powers or anything right?"

It felt weird, but there was a portal gun. There could be things like grappling hooks, after all. "So, whaddya think? We wanna hunker down here, after all? I still think this is, mostly, somewhat, kinda safe?"

It's true, though. They'll make this a danger zone sooner or later. Erica couldn't deny that. "...when we do have to bail, though. Any great ideas on where?"
Skraal
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by Skraal »

Honestly, the fact that they didn't believe him about the roof access was becoming even more annoying than the whole debacle on the stairs. Like, okay, this was a death game where people are walking around with weapons; some measure of paranoia was understandable. The roof entrances, though? Nicolas thought it was common knowledge, or at least he remembered seeing multiple of them back in the "normal" school simulation. There'd be not much reason to change it either on the part of the people running the game, though he had to admit that it wasn't like he understood their motivations that well to begin with.

Silence filled the air as Nicholas bit down on his tongue for a moment, pressing just a little bit too hard for just a little bit too long. Whatever. It didn't really matter what the entrance/exit situation was like - they were going to get forced out of here sooner or later, and staying here with them until then didn't really sound worth it at this point. Better to find another place to rest than to keep dealing with these two. He lifted his head, still avoiding eye contact with the pair of fellow students as he spoke, a slight waver of frustration tickling at the edge of his voice.

"Just look around yourself if you don't believe me. The roof's not that big."

Without waiting for a reply, he turned back towards the stairs. A few steps later into the darkness, a twinge of guilty conscience began to nag at him as his rude exit began to play over in his mind. He turned back and yelled out a pointless "Sorry." before continuing onward, his footsteps slowly fading off into this distance.

((Nicholas Cameron continued elsewhere))
[+] Characters
The Program V2
Josephine "Josie" Luu - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 2
Søren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED

Second Chances 2
Soren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED
Cody Jenkins - Current Status: DECEASED

The Program V3
Samuel Rosen - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 3
Luciano Ascencio (adopted from UnmaskedMountain) - Current Status: DECEASED