WE ARE GOING TO BEAT YOU TO DEATH

AKA Kami planning thread! I realized both of my kids beat people, lol.

This board allows for discussion of and planning related to Second Chances, currently preparing for its third version.
KamiKaze
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

WE ARE GOING TO BEAT YOU TO DEATH

Post by KamiKaze »

Hey there! I have two lovely ladies who would love to be buddy-bud (or hatey-hate!) with you.

Junko Kurosawa: Junko is, has, and always will be an extreme adrenaline junkie. She was exposed to Jackass at a young age, and tried to create her own stunts (her moms put a stop to that). In the present she still loves her adrenaline, and engages in track (as a sprinter), parkour, and rollerblading! She is also an adoptive daughter of a lesbian couple, and is openly a butch pansexual herself (be an anti-gay dick around her and die). Other than adrenaline, she is a bit of a media junkie and loves comic books, animation, and video games. Other things Junko likes are learning about Japanese, culture, history, and language, as well as the weed. In terms of personality, Junko is prideful, hot-tempered, and absentminded.

In V6 her in-game schtick was that she was such a big adrenaline junkie that she got a thrill off being in life-and-death situations and fighting people, and died when her friend shot her in self-defense because she was beating on him with a baseball bat (it's cool, it gave her one last thrill. 👍). She will largely be the same character, just updated for the 2020s and for St. Paul instead of Kingsman.
[+] Junko relationships
*chugs hot sauce*

Bella Bianchi: Bella is a skilled ballet dancer and actress, which may sound like a good thing, but to her it's not. See, her mother-- Berta Bianchi-- was a former actress and dancer herself, and has been pushing her to succeed in both from a young age stage mom-style. So, Bella has... a difficult relationship with her mom, which reflects some in how she interacts with people. She typically comes off outwardly as polite, if anxiety-prone and overly formal sometimes. Aside from being a ballet dancer and an actress, Bella was actually a fan of SOTF in her original run, to the point of writing shippy fanfiction before, but I'm replacing this with her liking both action movies and non-murdery reality television. She also has a collection of plush toys and dolls.

My original plan in TV2 was to have her go through a bit of a 'madness arc' where she loses it over time, as well as her having anti-villainous traits. However, it fell through, and she went down a different path! She killed one of her classmates out of revenge/justice, and another person out of self-defense and protecting her allies. But, I may or may not do something similar to what I originally planned for her, or even a variant of where her arc ultimately went! Other than adjusting her for a main-like setting, I will probably make some changes to her personality and backstory for a variety of reasons. But, her crux will be similar!
[+] Bella relationships
*pirouettes that ends in me kicking you in the face*
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Heya! Lots of my stuff is still in flux, but I've got two kids pretty locked.

Sofia is gonna be pretty different from her original iteration in focus, but not in overall trappings. She's a rough-and-tumble sort who moved from the UK in middle school and has tried (and failed) to fit in with certain aspects of American culture since. Gets in some fights, hates bullies, kind of surly. I think she might vibe pretty well with Junko, with the caveat that they've also probably gotten into it, maybe physically, a couple times. I don't think she'd really have that much to do with Bella; Bella's a bit too put-together and into traditionally feminine stuff for Sofia. If they've interacted much, it might've been about accents/vocal training.

Juliette is gonna be much more like her original run. Prim, proper, composed, holding in a bunch of stress, closeted. Juliette would probably slot Junko in as either "annoying" or "of little interest" depending on how any interactions they had went, but would be polite and surface-level kind to her regardless. She'd probably have a lot more in common with Bella, though, maybe being willing to listen if she needs an ear for her struggles and also generally impressed by/sympathetic to her dedication.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Hey there!

Everything sounds good re: Junko and Sofia! They might have fought, yeah, even if they vibe otherwise. So, fighty friends? Funny thing about Bella is that her love of action movies might intersect some with Sofia's love of cowboy movies, so it might be funny to have them be like 'we can't see eye to eye! ):<' when it turns out they like the same movie(s).

I think the same for Junko @ Juliette. Too prim and proper, too repressed. She wouldn't go out of her way to bug her, but she'd probably roll her eyes if something came up. And yeah, Bella and Juliette do have similar issues re: stress but from different angles and how it presents itself, if that makes sense? So they could definitely relate to each other.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Sweet, sounds good!

I've also added BB for a third—I think she'd maybe vibe with Junko politically, also being fairly progressive and open about it. She's big on art and performance, so she probably really respects Bella's talents on that front, but also she's really into it herself and may not get Bella's lack of being as huge on her own activities.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Jason Foley and Junko, you know what to do
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Cicadan

Post by Cicadan »

Hey Kami! Couple ideas I've been musing on for a bit:
[+] Junko
I was envisioning that she and Sayuna could be friends of a sort! Sayuna came back from a few years in Japan in freshman year and would have wanted for friends, I figure the extroverted Junko befriends her fairly easily over mutual interests in anime and shared heritage. They wouldn't stay close friends for long as Sayuna finds her social footing over the course of freshman year, given that Junko is way more sporty and active than the terminally inside/online Sayuna and they drift apart into different friend groups over time, but Sayuna would still be fond of Junko and they'd sometimes chat about Junko's interests in Japanese culture that Sayuna has first hand experience in, Sayuna could help Junko's developing Japanese skills as a casual conversational partner, that sort of thing. So not so close nowadays but on good terms and a long history together.
[+] Bella
Bella stole Princess's roles in theater club!! But yeah, within the context of theater club I sort of see Bella as having, relatively speaking, the more outgoing and friendly nature that others prefer to deal with. And Bella also persues theater more formally than Princess does, having auditioned outside of the school club environment, so my take is she's generally more talented? And Princess is, thus, definitely salty and jealous. Princess has opened up somewhat to others in the club over the course of the last year or so of school but she's more inclined to be frigid towards Bella in particular as a direct threat to her ego, so Bella would probably recognize that Princess is colder towards her than others in the club.

Bella and Faith are both into Chevy so I imagine they are aware of each other and mildly distrustful of each other's intent? They run in widely different circles though so I imagine they have little reason to know each other beyond each viewing the other as a threat to their romantic interest.
Upcoming:

Second Chances V3 (deconreconfirmed):
Relations Thread!
Olivia Fischer (original handler, Maraoone)
Memories: 1 Pregame: 1
Faith Marshal-Mackenzie (original handler, Frozen Smoke)
Memories: 1 Pregame: 1
Sayuna Lewis (original handler, Cicada)
Princess McQuillan (original handler, Cicada)
Pregame: 1
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Bella now has an SC3 profile. She's changed, of course, but the crux of her characterization is the same!

I also have a third now, but the catch is that I won't publically announce their identity until it's time for reasons. Just keeping it at a 'if you know you know' status for now, but I may approach people in private about them for now.

Anyways:

Toben: Can BB and Bella have this thing where Bella brings up 'oh, I like classical music, but I'm trying to learn more about punk' and BB pulls up this super-obscure and avant-garde piece where someone is playing chicken noises for 40 minutes? Bella might be interested in the performance art side of things, too. It's kinda like what she does, just more... experimental. (Also, we could probably derive some kind of humor from the fact that Bella's initials are also 'B.B.')

And yeah, progressive pals with Junko seems like a good fit.

Brinkie: I know what to do indeed. ;)

Cicada: All good with Junko and Sayuna! I like the idea of their bonding over shared heritage and anime. Not too close, but there's some history there.

Meanwhile, Princess and Bella can have this dynamic where Princess is like 'you stole my roles :/' and Bella is like 'uh, did I do something wrong?' But yeah, I'm fine with Princess being frosty towards Bella because of her more experienced background! And yeah, we can have some kind of weird love triangle stuff with Chevy, Bella, and Faith down the road.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

KamiKaze wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:15 amAnyways:

Toben: Can BB and Bella have this thing where Bella brings up 'oh, I like classical music, but I'm trying to learn more about punk' and BB pulls up this super-obscure and avant-garde piece where someone is playing chicken noises for 40 minutes? Bella might be interested in the performance art side of things, too. It's kinda like what she does, just more... experimental. (Also, we could probably derive some kind of humor from the fact that Bella's initials are also 'B.B.')

And yeah, progressive pals with Junko seems like a good fit.
"By the way, there is this one band with a parrot as their vocalist..."

Super down for all of this!

Return to “SC Planning/Discussion”