Let's Rock n Roll, Baby

Catche's SC3 Relationship Thread

This board allows for discussion of and planning related to Second Chances, currently preparing for its third version.
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Let's Rock n Roll, Baby

Post by Catche Jagger »

Sapphire Waters - Sapphire is a friendly, kind sort, getting along with most of her peers and avoiding holding grudges, able to make friends and connections both within and without her immediate spheres of interest. She paints as a hobby and has a deep enjoyment and appreciation for folk music. Though she doesn't talk about them as much, she also has a fascination with occult subjects and cryptozoology. Possible insomnia issues.

For Sapphire, I'd mainly be looking for friends, both those who share her immediate interests and those who may not. Also open to the discussion of some sort of romantic relationship in past, present, or one which is developing, crushes, etc (Sapphire is bisexual, but closeted). Though Sapphire isn't keen to start fights or hold grudges, there is certainly the possibility that some might find her interests to be distasteful in some way.
[+] Relationships
Desiree Beck - Socially aloof most of the time, Desiree has few friends and shows very little interest in people who don't swim in the some circles as her. She has an interest in classical music, as well as certain video games (Fortnite and Minecraft being paramount). Though Desiree is a member of the math club, she has some resentment towards her involvement as it is something forced upon her by her mother. Desiree mostly blends into the background at school, not engaging with most of her peers, and even when approached she's not one to form bonds lightly or easily.

Open to a handful of friendships for Desiree, but only with those that have some crossover of interests. In addition, though Desiree isn't one to be lashing out or starting fights, her general attitude is likely to be taken as dismissive or possibly snobbish, so contentious relationships with some classmates are just as likely.
[+] Relationships
Aditi Sharma - Softball player, cheerleader, debate team member, straight-A student, Aditi does it all while maintaining a healthy social life. Outwardly, Aditi is very polite and friendly and makes an effort to befriend many peers. However, Aditi has something of a superiority complex, secretly holding negative views of many of her peers and eagerly taking part in school gossip. Though she has historically been able to maintain her friendly presentation with apparent ease, as of late she has begun to slip and lash out more frequently.

Looking for friends for Aditi, either from shared interests, or those who she associates with through classes or parties. Though Aditi still tries to present as one who is averse to interpersonal conflict, she certainly is one to hold a grudge and there are likely others who've gotten a sense for what she's like and find themselves feeling rather negatively themselves. Open to her dating or having dated others as well.
[+] Relationships
Thomas Buckley - Forewarning that Thomas is going to be staying home and will not make it to the island, though I hope to do some other stuff with him. Anyway, Thomas is a neurotic theater nerd. He's friendly with the people who share his interests in theater, anime, and games, but can come off a bit aloof otherwise. He's got a lot of issues with self-doubt or self-loathing, but he makes efforts not to let it show. Probably will be a bit more outgoing this time, in comparison to V7. Also does a sport now.

Looking for theater/anime/gaming/swim team pals for Thomas to hang with. He's also probably got a few people he's got more of a contentious relationship with, as he tends to hold strong perspectives. Thomas is not going to be in any sort of relationship, partially as a result of his complexes, but I would like to touch on some crush on a female classmate (one sided or otherwise).
[+] Relationships
[+] Characters
[+] PV3 Prologue
M35-Muhammad Abbasi - "Hey, it’s okay now. We’re both in this together, right?"
PV3P: 1-2-3-4 | After: 1

M38-Nathan Kirchhoff - "Shit."
PV3P: 1-2-3-4
[+] TV3
ImageCK08FR04 - James Highchurch - “Okay, yeah. Exit strategy. I’ll… Yeah, I’ll think about that.”
Memories: 1 | Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19

ImageBC05 - Gabriela Garcia-Campos - “This is how things are here, the way the show is. So I need to get over it.”
Memories: 1 | Sandbox: 1-2-3
TV3: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14
[+] AUs
International
O19 - Archibald "Archie" Harper - "That’s why we’ve gotta fight the fuck back, one step at a time."
International: 1-2-3

O11 - Jen Mara Tuiqamea (adopted from Cicada and jimmydalad)
International: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8

Supers
Alan Melnyk - "What you’ve gotta do is say ‘fuck em’ and keep doing you."
Memories: 1-2-3
Supers: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11
After: 1-2-3
[+] The Future
Second Chances
Aditi Sharma
Desiree Beck
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Mercy would know Aditi through cheerleading! Mercy probably thinks she's really cool for managing to balance so many things while being really good at a lot of them. Aditi also plays on Mercy's fears that people don't actually like her very much, especially as I think Mercy would want to be liked by her (Mercy would probably have this worry whether Aditi liked her or disliked her, though the dynamics would obviously be different depending on which one it is).
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Ingrid and Aditi dated for a bit.

It didn't go well.

(double checking you're still down for that lol)

Also Ingrid and Thomas are both swimming kids (but presumably on different teams bc of gender), though I think Ingrid might find him annoyingly and a bit pathetic. Dunno if Austin's likely to have much of a connection with any of them one way or another.
[+] TV3
"Finish what you started."
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
"You wouldn’t say that if you knew me better."
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[+] New BRAU
"Just remember me. Okay?"
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
"I like to have contingencies, and contingencies for my contingencies."
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
"I can play the game but it helps to know the score."
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
"You don't know how lucky you are."
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

Sapphire:

BB likes art and music, but different types from Sapphire. That probably makes them more compatible, since BB can be difficult about the stuff she likes. Has maybe a bit of a rough sense of humor, but means well. Very politically progressive. I think they could be casual friends?

Juliette doesn't have a whole lot of interest overlap, but she also is on friendly terms with everyone (and is also a closeted bisexual, but I doubt that'd ever come up). I think maybe friendly acquaintances?

Sofia is more into country than folk, but there's enough overlap they might be musically compatible. Probably not too much to do with each other aside from that, though.

Desiree:

I think BB is probably too high energy/situationally annoying to get on well with Desiree—BB probably barely knows she exists, and Desiree maybe finds BB kinda irksom.

Juliette tries to know everyone, doesn't push people overly hard, and likes classical music. Maybe low-key friends?

Sofia maybe actually doesn't know Desiree exists, and is likely a bit intimidating.

Aditi:

BB could be someone who Aditi has been friendly towards in person but smack-talked behind her back—BB is annoyingly good at school without really trying (and uses that as an excuse to not try) and is also a little stuck up about stuff in her own right.

Juliette's maybe an option for a more positive read? Juliette's also a high achiever, and has a similar presentation to what Aditi once held, but manages to keep it very steady/not slip up. Or maybe Aditi thinks she's super phony!

Sofia is probably a great target for gossip, though might be so far from Aditi's circles to make it less common or interesting.

Thomas:

Maybe vaguely similar vibes to BB, who is online a lot (and, as an aside, also not going to the island unless something changes drastically)? Their actual interests are pretty different, though.

Juliette tries to know a bit about/be friendly towards everyone, but has little overlap, so probably kind of passing acquaintances.

Sofia's a weirdo but not in a way I think Thomas would have much cause to engage with. Probably they're just kinda aware of each other's existence.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun

Return to “SC Planning/Discussion”