SOTF U: DAY 1 INCIDENT LOG

The first rolls! And some fluff!

This board contains important information for SOTF: U.

Moderator: SOTF U Staff

Shiola
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

SOTF U: DAY 1 INCIDENT LOG

Post by Shiola »

/// INCIDENT TRANSCRIPT - NOT FOR PUBLICATION ///

/// REMOTE STATION PERSONNEL ASSESSMENT SUBSECTION A.1 ///

*** RECORDING START***

VAN DER HOEK: -you knew? You fucking knew, and you didn’t tell us?!

GARDNER: You know now. What difference does it make?

V.D. HOEK: [interrupting] I don’t know what I saw! I don’t have a fucking clue! What was that thing in the video?

BISHOP: ‘What difference does it make?’ Are you serious?

SEVERN: I didn’t sign up for this. Convicts is one thing, civilians another. Monsters though, chief?

V.D.HOEK: And those people - were they some of ours? Is that what happened to your last team?

SEVERN: [interrupting] No, no. I was there last time, we lost a few lads. Those three weren’t ours, Gerritt. I’ve never seen ‘em before.

V.D.HOEK: Then who did we leave out on the island?

GARDNER: I can’t tell you who those people were.

V.D.HOEK: What the hell do you mean, 'were'?!

BISHOP: Jesus Christ.

GARDNER: It’s Janus-Hayes’ concern. Not ours. They have fail-safes, if anything gets out of hand.

SEVERN: Yeah. Bomb collars. That worked fuckin' brilliant last time.

GARDNER: [sigh] I was told they fixed the issue.

CHERNYSHEV: I am not worried about this. Yet weapon Gerritt and I left in field - [pause] those precautions we took - what was that?

V.D. HOEK: [Interrupting] That thing we hooked up to the statue! Is that why I’m here? Did I just leave a god-damned bio-weapon out in the middle of nowhere?

GARDNER: You’re here to guard the station. Protect the scientists while they do their jobs. Follow orders, and not ask questions. That’s what you’re being paid to do.

V.D. HOEK: Guard the - we don’t have CBRN equipment, Patrick! How the fuck are we supposed to-

GARDNER: It’s not a bio weapon! Dr. Garuda says we’re safe, so we’re safe. We tested the AIS - nothing’s getting through that.

SEVERN: Chief, all due respect, but do you even know what we’re dealing with? I mean, where does this kind of tech even come from?

CHERNYSHEV: Such things should not exist.

SEVERN: Well, it does exist. Patrick - do you trust Janus-Hayes to actually have our backs here?

[Silence. Gardner does not respond.]

V.D. HOEK: How am I supposed to follow orders when the man giving them doesn’t even know why?

MEYIR: That’s enough, Gerritt.

V.D. HOEK: I work for him, not you. I’ll say what I want.

MEYIR: You’re not helping.

V.D.HOEK: Oh so do you know what we’re dealing with, Danya? You calm about all this?

MEYIR: I trust our commander. So should you. This is just another black operation, we’ve all been here before.

V.D.HOEK: I didn’t know you had so much experience with this! Tell me, are [redacted] villages normally full of monsters? Or is it just you?

[Shouting, indistinct. The sounds of a physical struggle are audible.]

SEVERN: Stop! Patrick - do we have a plan for-

CHERNYSHEV: [expletive, Russian]

BISHOP: Hey, hey! What the fuck, guys?! We're supposed to be professionals out here!

[A pistol slide is racked. The fight stops.]

GARDNER: Fall in line, all of you.

MEYIR: Yessir.

V.D. HOEK: Servile piece of shit.

GARDNER: Another word, Gerritt! Another word on this from any of y'all, and I'll leave you outside of that fence and you can find out for yourself what's out there. I'm sure the company will be happy to write off your paycheck.

SEVERN: Chief, we have to-

GARDNER: [Interrupting] Did I fucking stutter? This is done. Clean yourselves up, then get to your posts. I want status reports in an hour. Dismissed.
*** RECORDING END***

The first rolls are here! Four students have been rolled, and the Prototypes have been assigned their Day 1 flags in secret.

For a reminder on how the Prototype Death Flags work, check out the Prototype Hunting Rules.

If you would like to ping the Prototypes for a death, consult the Prototype Kills post for more information.

Next, a reminder on posting etiquette for roll threads, quoth TV3:
Do not gloat about certain characters getting rolled. Do not gloat about your fortune to not get rolled. You may request a save in this thread, but please do so only once and please do not repeatedly bring the subject up in chat. If you're looking to score kills, please be sure to only approach handlers who have requested death ideas in this thread. Similarly, handlers who are rolled: please do not wait until the end of card time to start planning your deaths/scenes, even if you're hoping for a save. Card time is also planning time.

The first announcement and second roll-set will be posted in January of 2023. Given the holiday break, the deadline for deaths for this roll set has been extended, and will go until January 5th, 2023. Should all go well, that will be the date for the first announcement and second roll-set as well.

The Rolls:

P019 - Harper Gray (Ohm)
P026 - Esther Ježek (Dr.Adjective) P017 - Daniella Bonifacio (Cicadan)
P015 - Julia Raymond (Spindarene) P024 - Austin Stanton
P013 - Catarina Markovitz (Brackie) P004 Reinette Rennes

You have three days for cards, and twenty-six days for deaths.

The Prototypes are deployed at sundown on the first day. Any threads featuring the Prototypes must take place in the evening of Day One. Feel free to poke myself or the rest of U staff with any concerns or questions you might have.

Happy Hunting!
[+] Roll Logs
Shiola — Today at 1:25 PM
Hiya. SOTF: U's first rolls are a-go. Namira, Cicada, and I are presiding, using our rolling list posted here: http://sotfmini.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3949

We are rolling four characters for our first rolls, using a D28 and following Toben's example above. Once they've been confirmed, I'll log them and post them on the forum as well as a bit of surprise fluff, along with the adjusted dates taking into account the holiday slowdown.

Namira — Today at 1:26 PM
I shall roll the bones

Shiola — Today at 1:26 PM
First test roll:

d28

@Namira
d28

Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 1:26 PM
28 ⟵ [28] 1d28

Second Test Roll:

d28

@Namira
d28

Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 1:26 PM
4 ⟵ [4] 1d28

Cool beans. Alright, U's first roll set. 1 of 4:

Namira — Today at 1:27 PM
d28

@Namira
d28

Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 1:27 PM
12 ⟵ [12] 1d28

Shiola — Today at 1:27 PM
2 of 4:

Namira — Today at 1:27 PM
d28

@Namira
d28

Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 1:27 PM
6 ⟵ [6] 1d28

Shiola — Today at 1:29 PM
P006 - Zandah Udall (edited)
[1:29 PM]
3 of 4:

Namira — Today at 1:30 PM
We have had an issue!

Shiola — Today at 1:31 PM
Restarting from the same roll-set* (edited)

Namira — Today at 1:31 PM
Okay, for posterity, what has happened here: the numbers being called from and the up to date rolling list were not the same!

Shiola — Today at 1:31 PM
We are now on the same page (literally). (edited)

Namira — Today at 1:31 PM
And so we called out the wrong person for the first roll, twice
[1:32 PM]
So we're hitting reverse here and restarting from the beginning!

Shiola — Today at 1:32 PM
Okay! Well, at least we know the bots are working fine. :3
[1:32 PM]
Alright, 1 of 4:

Namira — Today at 1:32 PM
d28

@Namira
d28

Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 1:32 PM
18 ⟵ [18] 1d28

Shiola — Today at 1:33 PM
P019 - Harper Gray
[1:33 PM]
2 of 4

Namira — Today at 1:33 PM
d28

@Namira
d28

Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 1:33 PM
25 ⟵ [25] 1d28

Shiola — Today at 1:33 PM
P026 - Esther Ježek
[1:34 PM]
3 of 4

Namira — Today at 1:34 PM
d28

@Namira
d28

Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 1:34 PM
14 ⟵ [14] 1d28

Shiola — Today at 1:34 PM
P015 - Julia Raymond
[1:34 PM]
4 of 4

Namira — Today at 1:34 PM
d28

@Namira
d28

Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 1:34 PM
12 ⟵ [12] 1d28

Shiola — Today at 1:34 PM
P013 - Catarina Markovitz
[1:35 PM]
Alright, that's that. I'll log this and post it. : )
Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

Hey everyone! If anyone can spare a hero, I would appreciate it. I’ve been enjoying writing in this version so far, and since the semester is almost over I am going to have more time to write soon.

Otherwise, death ideas are appreciated!
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

While I’d sure like to carry on playing Esther, I imagine that everyone else feels roughly the same about their people! So let me know how you’d kill her if you want! Or maybe how she’d be slightly slower than you in the vicinity of a prototype! I am much more responsive on Discord than PMs!
SOTF: U
Esther Ježek
Last equipped with: PPSh-41 submachinegun (3x 35 round box magazines)

Step One:🇨🇭 -> Step Two: 🏚️ -> Step Three: 😴 -> Step Four: 📹 -> Step Five: 🔥 -> Step Six: 🌊 -> †

One Room Death Game - Charlotte Torres & her opossum plush (subscribe to Goblin Town!)
Cicadan

Post by Cicadan »

heroes Esther
declines death ideas
refuses to elaborate
Upcoming:

Second Chances V3 (deconreconfirmed):
Relations Thread!
Olivia Fischer (original handler, Maraoone)
Memories: 1 Pregame: 1
Faith Marshal-Mackenzie (original handler, Frozen Smoke)
Sayuna Lewis (original handler, Cicada)
Princess McQuillan (original handler, Cicada)
Pregame: 1
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Hi! I've really been enjoying writing Catarina, but I don't feel I've had the opportunity to get her going to her full potential yet - I've been super enjoying what I've been doing thus far, though, and would really appreciate a hero if there are any kind souls out there :)
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Frozen Smoke

Post by Frozen Smoke »

Austin Stanton heroing for Julia Raymond
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Heroing Catarina Markovitz with Reinette Rennes

Shiola
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Shiola »

We're now past time for Cards. You have until January 5th, 2023 for deaths. Please let myself or other staff know if you have any questions or concerns.
SOTF: U
Evan Keane: "I guess my world was always gonna end, somehow."

SOTF Supers:
August Hanlon - "This never felt like much of a Gift."
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Cicadan

Post by Cicadan »

Upcoming:

Second Chances V3 (deconreconfirmed):
Relations Thread!
Olivia Fischer (original handler, Maraoone)
Faith Marshal-Mackenzie (original handler, Frozen Smoke)
Sayuna Lewis (original handler, Cicada)
Princess McQuillan (original handler, Cicada)
Pregame: 1

Return to “SOTF: U Important Information”