Peace Village

Pax in Terra [Open.]

The residential area is where the bulk of the island's population lived. The houses here tend to be relatively modest, and the general level of technology is low. A handful of cars may be found, but most of the inhabitants traveled on foot or by bicycle, and the pathways between houses are far more suited for these modes of locomotion. This, of course, means there are nearly endless places to hide.

Moderator: BRAU2 Director

Dogs231
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Dogs231 »

Shūya heard it, every word of it. Mitsuru Numai (Male Student No. 17.) was here, and he'd brought friends; the Kiriyama Family was ready to enlist in the rebel alliance. The right side of his lip curled upward, and a large smirk formed on his face. He unplugged the Walkman from the megaphone, which he let hang at his side, and plugged it into the headphones around his neck.

"It's about time," he said, "after all, you can't have a mutiny with no mutineers."

Another person may not have trusted them; after all, the Kiriyama Family had a well-earned reputation. Shūya, though, knew better than to listen to popular opinion. He'd always theorized that the so-called bad students weren't that bad, and Mitsuru proved him right back in that classroom.

In another universe, perhaps not far from this one, Shūya died at that moment, to the tune of Bruce Springsteen's discography. He never met the Kiriyama Family again, reunited with Yoshitoki, declared a rebellion, or any of those things.

In this universe, though? Well, in this universe, Shūya had lived. Mitsuru was to thank for that; from that point forward, he knew the other boy was trustworthy. The other boy had every reason to let him die, yet Mitsuru had risked everything to save him.

[I'm no gambler...]

[...but I'd bet on him.]

"Well, no time like the present," he said to Kuninobu, tilting his head to the fire escape, "let's go greet our visitors."

Shūya walked briskly towards the fire escape stairs and then vaulted onto the grated platform below. He waved at the group for a moment, then walked down a few flights of stairs and dropped onto the ground from the lowest level. He raised his right hand like a visor, squinted at the group, and saw them in the dim light.

As he walked toward the Kiriyama Family, he took extra care to step on the flag he'd cut down prior; his keds mashed the banner's cloth into the concrete, merciless and defiant. When he arrived, he flashed them a cryptic smile and extended his hand forward.

"Alright, then," he said, still smiling, "I'm glad to see you all. Let's talk."
[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
Appearance Tracker

O18: Alexander "Lex" Latimer - "You've got something to go home to, right? Then it's yours."
Assigned Weapon: Pistol Auto 9mm 1A, Pistol Auto 9mm 1A
Location: He prepared for the end in The Mysterious Circle - United by the Moment.
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

SOTF: Cyber
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE]

A01: Solana "Sunny" Lucero Estelle - "—maybe I'll die. But, you know, united we stand, united we fall. Something like that, anyway. If I'm going, well, I'm going down swinging."
Designated Weapon: W-7 — Gold Silverware Set
Designated Utility: U-26 — Surveillance System
Location: She met her match and lost the game in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1/1

A18: Daniel Arista - "It ain't right for a man, you know, to die on his knees." [Adopted from Cob]
Designated Weapon: W-27 — Tennis Racket
Designated Utility: U-18 — Non-Fungible Token (NFT)
Location: He played the game like he was told in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:

Tyler Becerra - "We're all gonna make it."
Location: He's gambling with his life in The Stage - One Room Death Game.
[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ES03: Cory Cartwright - "We can have power over the situation. We can defeat the game. We only need to figure out how."
Assigned Weapon: Diving Knife
Location: He was out of his depth in Jetties: Central - Armageddon Game. [47/81]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

S015: Noah Davis - "We're alive, and that means we still have a chance to set things right."
Gift: Finger Guns
Location: He tried his best, but came up short in The Flatlands - Pale Rider. [19/43]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

B15: Shūya Nanahara - "Well, now, I'm no hero, that's understood..."
Assigned Weapon: Icepick, the Power of Rock Music!
Location: He refused to play by the rules in In-Between - The Worst Game in History. [10/42].
[+] CONCEPTS
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V3

Liam Black is one sick puppy - "No more rain, where's the sunshine when you need it?"
Austin White is always right - "I would very much like to see you prove me wrong."
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V4

Josh Goodman is living the dream - "For a mad scientist, imagination is the greatest weapon."
[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

Tamarisk Allen is a dead ringer - "We're friends, and friends stay together to the end, right?"
Stryker Williams is the best around - "Now, I'm going to take my first step towards greatness."
Blake Killam is made for this - "This show has been my life, from start to finish."
[+] SOTF-TV V4

Richard de la Cruz is determined to win - "Watch as I do something unimaginable."
Evan Gemstone is ready to die on this hill - "I'll send this whole structure crashing down."
[+] SOTF-U V2

Alex Wituk is vibrating with motion - "I don't know what came over me, but I was on fire with anger!"
[+] SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2

Kim Song is under watch - "두렵더라도 강해져야 합니다."
[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

Adam Ka'uhane is forgotten - "Nobody will remember me when I'm gone."
[+] OTHER

Caius Jones is a doomsayer - "The signs are clear; the end is nigh!"
Maxwell Verity is telling the truth - "Life is an equation, and numbers don't lie."
Aiden Chase is speedrunning life - "It's simple, just beat the clock."
[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

B001: Jason Dagon - "They say it's hard taking a life; they're wrong. It's the easiest thing in the world."
Assigned Weapon: IWI UZI
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Mitsuru returned the smile and leaned to his right. He spat on the banner that Shuuya stepped over and wiped his mouth. He returned the handshake.

"Well, from the looks of it, we got the rest of our lives to talk. Glad to see you pull through too. You got our condolences for Shinji. We were hoping he'd be here too. Shit's been bad all around. We've seen a lot of shit, but from the sounds of the announcements it's only the tip of the ice burg."

Mitsuru sighed. "It's been brutal. We're looking for a way out of this shit. We figure you're the best chance at that, at getting all of us out." He didn't want to mention how brutal it's been for the Kiriyama family. That was a conversation for later. You couldn't just say you changed before you actually did anything to change.

"Either way, we're here to help. We all put in work, then we can turn our luck around. Anything's better than waiting to die from our classmates."
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Ryuhei would flinch when he saw Mitsuru spit on the flag, almost as if he was expecting his collar to go off right there and then.

He'd seen would-be rebels get the shit kicked out of them for way less back home, so often and so viciously it was ingrained in his very soul that whatever you do, you don't disrespect the flag. Not that he had much love for it or the government himself, especially after all the shit they had been put through, but was he really gonna risk it when they were all a button press away from going kablooie?

That being said, if not pissing off the government was at the top of his priorities, he probably wouldn't be there with the rest of the family chumming it up with Shuuya of all people. He still wasn't entirely sure how this plan of theirs was supposed to work, especially with Shinji already smoked. Much as he didn't care for the smartass, even he had to admit he was probably one of the few guys on the island who could think their way out of this. Fat lot of good that big brain did him in the end.

There was still The Boss though, that's what Mitsuru seemed to be counting on, but at this point Ryuhei half suspected he'd ditched them long ago. Probably thought it'd be easier to go solo, not that he could blame him. Hell he wouldn't be surprised if he was responsible for half the deaths that'd been announced, guy like Kiriyama could lay waste to this whole island single handed if he put his mind to it. They probably ought to consider themselves lucky he didn't decide to just waste their asses when they all met up at the beach.

Then there was Sho, but... Well, Sho was probably lurking in the background somewhere, like he always did. Just waiting to interject whenever he felt like it.

That left them, the muscle, along with the world's friendliest freedom fighter and his best friend Nob-head. Ready to fight the system with naught but the power of friendship.

Yeah. They were fucked.
Kicking Akamatsu in the face since 2010
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Shuya came down to talk with Mitsuru cause who else? Hiroshi did not have shit to say about this, and the less Ryuhei said, the better. They did not need another clusterfuck at their hands. Safer to just have him do it.

Although, Hiroshi did reach up to his neck with his left hand- dropping the rope meanwhile- and touched his collar with the tips of his fingers after Mitsuru thought it was bright to spit on the flag. So, maybe none of them should be talking if that was the brightest fucking idea in this place.

Hiroshi continued keeping a lookout despite reassurance that this place was safe, and the dude coming down was the same Shuya from school; he'd seen enough shit from around here to tell that keeping a vigilant watch is something they had to do, enough surprises have happened, and the guy tried to run down government folks with guns; smarts were not in his court, that was Shinji's, and he's dead like so many others.

Was this really that good of an idea? Who else was here? Kuninobu? No one else? Although, that would make it easier if they ever had to...

Hiroshi cracked his neck side to side, a bit difficult due to the metal encasing around it, but he managed, and he could hear the crackling within that left him knowing. The rope was on the ground, but they still had it, and all three were armed with guns; if worst comes to worst, they have the means of defense.
Salic

Post by Salic »

Seeing Shuya descend, Yoshitoki followed suit, careening down the staircase a few seconds after Shuya had. He may have scoped out the Kiriyama Family from afar, but now it was the time to get a close-up. He really wanted to trust them, to be able to comfortably say that they were on their side, standing up to fuckers that inhabited the school building, but he wasn't sure. He was damn sure Numai could be trusted. He spit on that flag and took Shuya's hand without hesitation, eliciting a pleasantly surprised grunt from him.

Sasagawa was visibly uncomfortable when Numai spit on the flag, but he didn't say anything about it. That was probably for the best, really. Sasagawa also looked like shit. His nose was crumpled and bruises covered him. He'd ask about that in just a little bit.

Kuronaga, well... Yoshitoki couldn't really get a read on him. No one ever could, really. He reached his hand up to his collar after the flag incident, but that was it for a reaction. He mostly just started looking around afterwards. Oh well.

Yoshitoki advanced, standing a few feet away from Shuya. Now was as good a time to ask Sasagawa about his injuries as ever. He crossed his arms.

"Hey, Sasagawa. The fuck happened to you, man? You look like shit. Someone jump you on your way here?"
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
Mikki Swift - "With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bree Jones - "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them." - Queen Victoria
Serena Waters - "You cannot make a revolution in white gloves." - Vladimir Lenin
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B1: Yoshio Akamatsu - "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” - Lyndon B. Johnson
Assigned Weapon: Sickle
Location: The die was cast in Farm Storage (H6) - Iacta Alea Est
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B7: Yoshitoki Kuninobu - "When the sword of rebellion is drawn, the sheath must be thrown away." - John Copley
Assigned Weapon: Czechoslovakian CZ 75 Semi-Automatic Pistol
Location: He took the fall for an enemy in Residential Area (H/I8) - Peace Village: Brother's Blood
In-Game History: 1 - 2 -

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker
S027: Claudia Salgado - "The optimist may fail, but the pessimist already begins failing." - Juscelino Kubitschek
Assigned Weapon: [ERROR: WEAPON UNAVAILABLE.]
Gift: Flashbang
Location: She stared death in the face in The Outskirts - Out Run
Pregame History: 1 - 2
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
P003: Elizabeth Rodney - ”I demolish my bridges behind me... then there is no choice but to move forward.” - Fridtjof Nansen
Assigned Weapon: Obedience to Authority + Altor Survival Pistol
Location: She met up with her beloveds in The Powerhouse - Burning Down the House
Pregame History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
In-game History: 1
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:
Christian Graf von Helder - “I’ll be a big noise with all the big boys!” - Peter Gabriel
Francisco Ordaz Santander - ”I am responsible only to God and history.” - Francisco Franco

INTERMISSIONS:
Sophia Mirowski - "Be strong in the belief that life is wonderful." - Valery Sablin
Lee Iker
Stanley Mirowski - "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SOTF-SUPERS V2:
Kendra Kuchel - ”If we value so highly the dignity of life, how can we not also value the dignity of death? No death may be called futile.” - Yukio Mishima
Nichelle Damen - ”All our knowledge- past, present, and future- is nothing compared to what we will never know.” - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Kazimierz Krzyzewski - ”At dawn it is not just the night that dies, it is man and his becoming, and the warm blood staining the pavement is a word that is just starting.” - Ricardo Mannerini
Raqel Poghosyan
Dogs231
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Dogs231 »

Shūya's handshake was firm, and he maintained eye contact with Mitsuru the whole time; those familiar with the typical Japanese handshake would know it to be different from his, which more closely resembled the American manner.

His cryptic smile faded quickly, swept away with the mention of the Third Man; what replaced it was a look of determined resolve, of a will unbroken. The name of Shinji Mimura still hurt him and probably would for a long time; he wouldn't let that stop him, though.

"Thanks, Mitsuru," he said, a glance into the distance, "I appreciate it. It hurts, but we've gotta keep going, you know?"

[It doesn't just hurt...]

Shūya paused and sighed. The air felt cold as ice in his lungs and bitter as if he'd bitten into a citrus fruit. The corpses were still fresh, the graves unmarked, the bodies unburied.

[...it hurts more than anything else.]

"I mean, like," he spoke, grasping for the right words, "I didn't expect it. You think you know them, like—they were our classmates, our friends— better than that, right?"

He sighed again, the next breath as cold and bitter as the one that preceded it. It didn't feel good to talk about it—don't speak ill of the living or the dead—but he'd said it anyway. It was one of those things you have to get off the chest.

Mitsuru said something, though, and it struck Shūya like a lightning bolt; they thought he was their best chance. It surprised him; he'd never considered himself particularly smart, especially compared to people like Shinji Mimura or Kazuo Kiriyama (Male Student No. 6).

They believed in him, and he believed back; the idea made him feel invincible, unstoppable.

[I'll do it...]

[...I'll find a way...]

[...just you wait!]

"They think they have the right to decide if we live or die," he said, a confident rebound in his voice, "I know that's wrong, though."

"We'll find a way out," Shūya said, and he truly believed it.
[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

O18: Alexander "Lex" Latimer - "You've got something to go home to, right? Then it's yours."
Assigned Weapon: Pistol Auto 9mm 1A, Pistol Auto 9mm 1A
Location: He prepared for the end in The Mysterious Circle - United by the Moment.
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

SOTF: Cyber

A01: Solana "Sunny" Lucero Estelle - "—maybe I'll die. But, you know, united we stand, united we fall. Something like that, anyway. If I'm going, well, I'm going down swinging."
Designated Weapon: W-7 — Gold Silverware Set
Designated Utility: U-26 — Surveillance System
Location: She met her match and lost the game in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1/1

A18: Daniel Arista - "It ain't right for a man, you know, to die on his knees." [Adopted from Cob]
Designated Weapon: W-27 — Tennis Racket
Designated Utility: U-18 — Non-Fungible Token (NFT)
Location: He played the game like he was told in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:

Tyler Becerra - "We're all gonna make it."
Location: He's gambling with his life in The Stage - One Room Death Game.
[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ES03: Cory Cartwright - "We can have power over the situation. We can defeat the game. We only need to figure out how."
Assigned Weapon: Diving Knife
Location: He was out of his depth in Jetties: Central - Armageddon Game. [47/81]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

S015: Noah Davis - "We're alive, and that means we still have a chance to set things right."
Gift: Finger Guns
Location: He tried his best, but came up short in The Flatlands - Pale Rider. [19/43]

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

B15: Shūya Nanahara - "Well, now, I'm no hero, that's understood..."
Assigned Weapon: Icepick, the Power of Rock Music!
Location: He refused to play by the rules in In-Between - The Worst Game in History. [10/42].
[+] CONCEPTS
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V3

Liam Black is one sick puppy - "No more rain, where's the sunshine when you need it?"
Austin White is always right - "I would very much like to see you prove me wrong."
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V4

Josh Goodman is living the dream - "For a mad scientist, imagination is the greatest weapon."
[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

Tamarisk Allen is a dead ringer - "We're friends, and friends stay together to the end, right?"
Stryker Williams is the best around - "Now, I'm going to take my first step towards greatness."
Blake Killam is made for this - "This show has been my life, from start to finish."
[+] SOTF-TV V4

Richard de la Cruz is determined to win - "Watch as I do something unimaginable."
Evan Gemstone is ready to die on this hill - "I'll send this whole structure crashing down."
[+] SOTF-U V2

Alex Wituk is vibrating with motion - "I don't know what came over me, but I was on fire with anger!"
[+] SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2

Kim Song is under watch - "두렵더라도 강해져야 합니다."
[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

Adam Ka'uhane is forgotten - "Nobody will remember me when I'm gone."
[+] OTHER

Caius Jones is a doomsayer - "The signs are clear; the end is nigh!"
Maxwell Verity is telling the truth - "Life is an equation, and numbers don't lie."
Aiden Chase is speedrunning life - "It's simple, just beat the clock."
[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

B001: Jason Dagon - "They say it's hard taking a life; they're wrong. It's the easiest thing in the world."
Assigned Weapon: IWI UZI
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

‘A way out’.

Mitsuru had faith, but he was also a realist. They needed numbers. Plans, ideas, equipment. Someone who knew their way around tech. People to trust. People who could trust them. Time. All of which was steadily running out.

They could’ve done this on day one with the right people. Maybe nobody would’ve died. Then again maybe they all would’ve. There’s been no records of escaping this hell before- unless it’s all propaganda.

Whatever, this thinking thing wasn’t his to do. He didn’t know shit but what he was told 99% of the time, and that 99% was okay. He’d done his 1% just getting the family here. It kept them out of bullshit for the time being, and it gave them the chance to redeem theirselves, and the chance to not die as a result of shit they started. At least now, with them focused on another task it meant more people who didn’t deserve to die were safe, though Mitsuru knew it wasn’t just them. There were a lot of names that came up.

Beyond the Kiriyama family, there were a lot of things to worry about, but right now all they had was this… peace village.

All they had to do was not fuck this up.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Ryuhei turned his head to Nobu, cocked an eyebrow, then cautiously wiped his mouth clean with his sleeve. An image flashed in his mind of Akamatsu's boot right before it made contact with his face, followed by a barrage of fists battering him to within an inch of his life, before the sound of thunder and a spray of crimson silenced his assailant forever.

"Somethin' like that, yeah..." he'd reply in a brusque manner, kicking a pebble away before looking off in the distance. He let Mitsuru and Shuuya continue chatting away all they liked, refusing to elaborate further as he gazed out at the sunset. Eventually, he'd turn back to the others as he began to slowly wander off.

"Well, that's great and all, but how about we find somewhere to shack up? Legs are fuckin' killing me..." he'd say, heading off in no particularly specific direction to find a nice little spot to annex for the evening.

The Kiriyama Family and Shuuya's little Peace Patrol, working together like peas in a fuckin' pod. Hallelujah.

((Ryuhei, Mitsuru, Hiroshi, Shuuya and Yoshitoki continued elsewhere...))
Kicking Akamatsu in the face since 2010

Return to “Residential Area (H/I8) [Forbidden]”