New BRAU Second Announcement

Important information for participating in the New Battle Royale AU lives here. This includes the character selection list. Please note that replies in this forum require staff approval, to keep character wishlists secret until the time comes to roll.

Moderator: BRAU2 Director

MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

New BRAU Second Announcement

Post by MurderWeasel »

School (G7), Okishima Island, 5:38 PM

"I'm so busy!"

Kinpatsu Sakamochi (Supervisor) set down the phone, and his call with one of the higher-ups terminated. They had been discussing various topics, some of which were very important (security concerns which had potential repercussions for the version of Program in progress, though just how accurate the speculation was seemed unclear) and some of which were much less so (the status of various bets).

The betting pool was not officially sanctioned, but neither was it condemned, and implicitly it was widely accepted. Almost everyone involved in the operation of the program participated. The money was put together, and then at the end was distributed to those who bet on the winner in proportion to how much they paid in. Betting on more than one student was forbidden, of course.

Sakamochi had twenty thousand yen riding on his choice. It was a decent amount of money, nothing life-changing either way, especially since he'd chosen a popular pick, but he would definitely feel the loss of pocket change for the next couple weeks. Surely his superior had less to worry about with his own bet, but the salary of a program coordinator was less than might be expected. It was certainly better than when Sakamochi had been an actual high school teacher, though, and the job suited him much better as well.

But you could never get away from bad students. Sakamochi's superior had access to all the classified information regarding the program, but also he hadn't kept up with the times, and was simply hopeless with computers. It was easier for him to phone Sakamochi up and request a verbal update than to use the secret government database.

Well, but it wasn't so bad: at least his pick and Sakamochi's had crossed paths, so the information had been close at hand. With a subordinate, though, Sakamochi would've made him look up the information himself.

The pile of papers on his desk wasn't getting any smaller. Every so often, a soldier would come in and add something new, and the numbers weren't dwindling as quickly as they had in some past programs. The soldiers took watch at the gun ports of the metal-plated windows in shifts, and rested in the classrooms at other times, but nowhere was especially comfortable. But still, it had been going well so far, and it was almost time for another update. Maybe this would hurry things along.

School (G7), Okishima Island, 6:00 PM

"Alright, alright. Good evening, everyone. Once again, this is your teacher, Sakamochi, speaking. The time is 6 PM. It has been half a day since last time I checked in with you. Have you been having a good time?"

Once more, Sakamochi's voice was upbeat. It came from everywhere, the hidden speakers amplifying the words and sending animals in the more remote reaches scattering in the face of the sudden disruption.

"Now I will tell you who has died in the past twelve hours.

"No. 13, Takako Chigusa.

"No. 2, Keita Iijima.

"No. 8, Kayoko Kotohiki.

"No. 2, Yukie Utsumi.

"No. 20, Kaori Minami.

"No. 19, Shinji Mimura.

"No. 4, Toshinori Oda.

"And, finally, No. 4, Sakura Ogawa.

"It's evenly balanced between the sexes this time. Of course, the killing really hasn't been that fast. You're averaging less than one an hour. Oh, but it's not a problem for me. There's plenty of food in here.

"Well then, now for the forbidden zones. Write these down, because you won't want to forget. I will tell you that one person has already died because of being in a forbidden zone, so don't test this yourself.

"At 7 PM, in one hour, H-9. You have less time for this one than the others, so move quickly.

"At 9 PM, three hours from now, B-6.

"At 11 PM, after five hours, D-2.

"At 1 AM, after the new day starts, E-4.

"At 3 AM, in nine hours from now, and right about twenty-four from the beginning, G-1.

"At 5 AM, which is eleven hours after now, F-10.

"That's all. Do your best, and take care."

Then, the relative silence returned.

Weather: 6:00 PM, Day One

The mild, comfortable weather persists, though as evening falls the environment does become slightly cooler. The sky is clear, so outside at night visibility is better than might be expected, thanks to moon and starlight.

And, the rolls. Due to an instance of terminal inactivity, we have only rolled three characters this cycle.

1. Mitsuru Numai (ItzToxie) - Haruka Tanizawa (Yonagoda, Hero Card used)
2. Yuko Sakaki (Skraal)
3. Yuka Nakagawa (Sunnybunny)
[+] Logs
Professor Fether — Today at 10:18 PM
Sweet.
New BRAU Second Announcement rolls. We will be rolling three characters off the most recent list, found here: viewtopic.php?t=3543#p38219

This time we'll be using a D29. As usual, we'll start with two test rolls on that size of die.
Ready for the first test roll whenever.
f l e e p o — Today at 10:19 PM
D29
d29
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 10:19 PM
27 ⟵ [27] 1d29
Professor Fether — Today at 10:20 PM
And, second test roll:
f l e e p o — Today at 10:20 PM
d29
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 10:20 PM
29 ⟵ [29] 1d29
Seems fine. Lemme type up the preamble.
New BRAU, Second Announcement, first roll of three:
f l e e p o — Today at 10:20 PM
d29
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 10:20 PM
24 ⟵ [24] 1d29
Mitsuru Numai (ItzToxie)
New BRAU, Second Announcement, second roll of three:
f l e e p o — Today at 10:21 PM
d29
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 10:21 PM
13 ⟵ [13] 1d29
Professor Fether — Today at 10:21 PM
Yuko Sakaki (Skraal)
New BRAU, Second Announcement, third roll of three:
f l e e p o — Today at 10:21 PM
d29
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 10:21 PM
10 ⟵ [10] 1d29
Professor Fether — Today at 10:21 PM
Yuka Nakagawa (Sunnybunny)
I'll log us and post!
Three days for cards, and a further seven for deaths.

Once again, our Forbidden Zones are staggered. The Harbor (H9) is forbidden immediately, with three days for normal activity and an additional seven to exit.

Come mid-month rolls, the House With Well (E4) will become forbidden, with its own timer (and you'll be notified/reminded then too). Until then, it's still open like any area.

The remaining Forbidden Zones do not directly correspond to specific locations. Unlike in other games, Forbidden Zones are not lifted as the game progresses, and no warning is given to students who linger in or enter one.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Well, guess it's that time again. I'm really enjoying writing Yuko and I'd really appreciate a hero if anyone has one they'd like to throw my way.

Death ideas are also welcome.
[+] Characters
The Program V2
Josephine "Josie" Luu - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 2
Søren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED

Second Chances 2
Soren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED
Cody Jenkins - Current Status: DECEASED

The Program V3
Samuel Rosen - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 3
Luciano Ascencio (adopted from UnmaskedMountain) - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF International
Clara Micallef - Current Status: In Thread

SOTF Supers
Mei-Ling "Emily" Chou - Current Status: DECEASED

New Battle Royale AU
Yuko Sakaki - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF Cyber
Nicholas Cameron - Current Status: In Thread
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Damn.

Ngl, I’d appreciate a hero, I think I’m hitting some good beats with Mitsuru, and I don’t see any decent opportunities for a satisfying ending if he bites it just yet.

Accepting death ideas but I’ll probably be looking for something specific.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Heroing Haruka for Toxie's Mitsuru, thank you.

Death ideas are welcome.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Twenty-two hours and fifty-nine minutes for cards and standard activity in the forbidden zone.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Past time for cards!

Five days, twenty-two hours, and thirty-two minutes for deaths and exit posts!
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Yuko's out, apologies for the delay.
[+] Characters
The Program V2
Josephine "Josie" Luu - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 2
Søren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED

Second Chances 2
Soren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED