Fast Times at the Lunch Line

Ganglords comin in

Shiroiwa (Japanese for "Castle Rock") is the city from which Class 2-B hails. While a far cry from the metropolis of Tokyo, it is still large enough to support a relatively diverse array of activities, and is markedly more urban than rural. Though not the city situated across they water from the island, it is remarkably similar in size, and the nearby civilization may provoke memories, especially at night when the lights shine. While this forum is named for Shiroiwa for thematic reasons, memories set elsewhere are also allowed. Characters may be in one active memory thread at a time, though may also have one-shots or solo threads as desired without counting against the cap.

Moderator: BRAU2 Director

Deamon

Post by Deamon »

From where he had been leaning against the side of the cafeteria counter Kazuo Kiriyama stood up straight. He looked between the members of his family and Akamatsu, his handsome, intelligent face inscrutable. He had clearly been listening to the encounter as it had played out.

After taking in the immediate scene in front of him and then taking stock of the other students who had been reacting to it his attention settled on Mitsuru.

“Either take his money or don’t.” He said, his voice level. It betrayed no hint of either boredom or irritation. It was as impossible to read as his face. “I haven’t got all day.”

Then he stepped past Akamatsu and to the front of the line, where he collected his lunch before making his way out of the cafeteria.

((Continued…))
carduinal-cyn
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by carduinal-cyn »

There he was, the brilliant, the beautiful. Kazuo Kiriyama was a god amongst men, eternally calm in a way that was almost menacing. On days when he was especially bored in class, Sho would turn his head to the right and briefly gaze upon him. Kazuo's expression was so distant and aloof that it looped right back around to warm again. It never seemed to shift. There was something uncanny about it, and Sho always thought of the tabula rasa from his psychology books whenever he thought on it for too long. Either that, or the leader of his beloved family was some sort of higher life-form, untroubled by the whims and trifles of man. Sho had his pet theories. Right now it was that they'd drilled deep into Kazuo's head when he was a very small boy, and filled in the holes with nothing but pure, peerless talent.

To the Kiriyama family, Kazuo's word was law. Sho was feeling peckish today, and he could pay. He decided that today he would take pity on poor Akamatsu, whose belly looked as though it had never known hunger at all, and followed Kazuo to the front of the line.

((Sho Tsukioka continued in START GAME.))
Olivia del Rio [ES11] is shooting her shot!
Olivia's Relationship Thread
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 123456789101112Endgame (1234)
[+] Upcoming characters
There doesn't seem to be anything here.
[+] Past characters
Raymond LaSalle [S025] was squirreled away to his doom.
Raymond's Relationship Thread
Memories: 1
Supers: 1234567

Sho Tsukioka [B14] gave love a bad name.
Memories: 1
Battle Royale: 123456
Salic

Post by Salic »

All of a sudden, there was a rush of people around Yoshio, with Utsumi and Tsukioka joining the scene seemingly without rhyme or reason. Then Sasagawa, the little bully that could, ambled up to him. It was like a cat flanked by tigers approaching a bear. Fortunately for the cat, the bear was gentle at heart, terrible at fighting, and was possibly the most conflict-avoidant entity in the room.

He was finally about to break through his little meltdown and say something, but then he saw the face of the little five-man bandit group. It was Kiriyama.

At the sight of him, Yoshio almost reflexively yanked his hand out of his pocket to deposit his money in Sasagawa’s face. But then Kiriyama said the best possible thing he could say, telling his posse to either take his money or leave. And just like that, the class’s ace was gone.

When he saw Tsukioka depart, Yoshio had gotten a little dose of courage.

“Hey, uh, you heard Kiriyama. He told you to go get lunch. That’s what all you tough guys do, right? You follow your leader.”

He knew what he said was bold, but he hoped the consequences of not following Kiriyama’s orders were worse than the consequences of leaving Yoshio alone.
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
Mikki Swift - "With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bree Jones - "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them." - Queen Victoria
Serena Waters - "You cannot make a revolution in white gloves." - Vladimir Lenin
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]
B1: Yoshio Akamatsu - "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” - Lyndon B. Johnson
Assigned Weapon: Sickle
Location: The die was cast in Farm Storage (H6) - Iacta Alea Est
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B7: Yoshitoki Kuninobu - "When the sword of rebellion is drawn, the sheath must be thrown away." - John Copley
Assigned Weapon: Czechoslovakian CZ 75 Semi-Automatic Pistol
Location: He took the fall for an enemy in Residential Area (H/I8) - Peace Village: Brother's Blood
In-Game History: 1 - 2 -

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker
S027: Claudia Salgado - "The optimist may fail, but the pessimist already begins failing." - Juscelino Kubitschek
Assigned Weapon: [ERROR: WEAPON UNAVAILABLE.]
Gift: Flashbang
Location: She stared death in the face in The Outskirts - Out Run
Pregame History: 1 - 2
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
P003: Elizabeth Rodney - ”I demolish my bridges behind me... then there is no choice but to move forward.” - Fridtjof Nansen
Assigned Weapon: Obedience to Authority + Altor Survival Pistol
Location: She met up with her beloveds in The Powerhouse - Burning Down the House
Pregame History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
In-game History: 1
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:
Christian Graf von Helder - “I’ll be a big noise with all the big boys!” - Peter Gabriel
Francisco Ordaz Santander - ”I am responsible only to God and history.” - Francisco Franco

INTERMISSIONS:
Sophia Mirowski - "Be strong in the belief that life is wonderful." - Valery Sablin
Lee Iker
Stanley Mirowski - "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SOTF-SUPERS V2:
Kendra Kuchel - ”If we value so highly the dignity of life, how can we not also value the dignity of death? No death may be called futile.” - Yukio Mishima
Nichelle Damen - ”All our knowledge- past, present, and future- is nothing compared to what we will never know.” - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Kazimierz Krzyzewski - ”At dawn it is not just the night that dies, it is man and his becoming, and the warm blood staining the pavement is a word that is just starting.” - Ricardo Mannerini
Raqel Poghosyan
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Ryuhei rolled his eyes as he heard Yukie's voice, the corner of his lip forming an irked sneer. Goddamnit, more of them? At this rate they'd started drawing too much attention, last thing they needed was a member of staff to get involved. He was tempted to take up Yukie's idea and suggest taking mantits somewhere a little more discreet when a familiar voice caught his ear, sending chills through his bones as he looked back to see none other than the boss himself.

He'd always looked up to Kiriyama, ever since he pulled a couple of strings to make sure his kid brother didn't end up in juvie, though even if he hadn't done his family a big favour like that he probably would of found himself worshiping the ground Kiriyama stood on anyway. Not in the same way as Sho, obviously, or even Mitsuru for that matter. But Kazuo Kiriyama was the real fucking deal, a bonafide hardcore badass who even adults seemed to fear, as bad a mother fucker as you could ever hope to meet. Not that he and the boys were pushovers or anything, but compared to him? He was an alpha wolf, a once-in-a-lifetime prodigy, a stone cold killer. Everyone was a small fry compared to Kiriyama, and Ryuhei could only dream of even coming close to his level.

Hell, even the way he blew them all off and went to grab lunch was cool, though it did leave Ryuhei in a bit of a bind. Especially once Akamatsu finally grew a pair and decided to give him a bit of lip, his fist clenching as he turned back to him with a glare. Not wanting to look weak in front of the boys, he'd suddenly give Akamatsu a solid sucker punch in the gut, not even caring about the money anymore as he turned back to Yukie's group and did a bow before making his way over to join Sho and the boss.

Though even as he did his best to save face, he couldn't help but find himself shaking his hand and rubbing his bruised knuckles. Jesus FUCK! Maybe Mitsuru was right after all, that felt like punching a sack of bricks!

((Ryuhei Sasagawa continued in START GAME))
Kicking Akamatsu in the face since 2010
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

It seemed more and more of the school’s girls came to Akamatsu’s aid. Class rep joined in. Haruka joined in. Mitsuru never thought he’d see the day. This was almost more trouble than what it’s worth. Almost-

A voice made the room go cold. Ice cold. Coldest most hardcore bastard around. The Boss. With the lack of a damn he was known for, Kiryama told them to get on with it or leave. Something was up, Mitsuru could feel it no doubt. He had something good planned.

“Yeah, boss, you got it.”

He turned back to Yoshio, holding out his hand pretty much ready for Akamatsu to make his safety deposit. He didn’t. He talked back. Granted it was because of the crowd forming, and The Boss’s word. Part of him was angry about the whole thing, but then again.

He smirked.

“Well Akamatsu, I always wondered how you had so much spare change. Didn’t know you were in the pimping game.” Mitsuru nodded, poking the inside of his cheek with his tongue.

“Enjoy your meal, we’ll see you later.”

They would. Truth be told, Mitsuru was almost impressed. He wondered if Akamatsu would keep that attitude later in the day when they returned to kick his ass. Probably not, but the big bastard had spirit, at least right now, he wasn’t as much of a pussy as he thought. He was already turning on his toes by the time Ryuhei gave him a taste of what’s coming up later.

He laughed to himself watching Ryuhei shake his hand afterwords.

((Mitsuru Numai continued elsewhere.))
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

''I hate him,'' she muttered bluntly. And she hated saying that. She hated being rude and mean and unpleasant to be around, but she also hated people who make life difficult for others without any excuse. She hated those who could be better but chose not to. It was easy to not be horrible. How difficult was it to leave someone alone, anyways? How difficult was it for Kiriyama to step upa nd tell them to stop? For the rest of his gang to realize that this pattern of destructive behavior won't survive adulthood?

''I really, really do.''

''All of them.''

And then she took out her tamagotchi and fed it.
Sh4dE
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by Sh4dE »

Hiroshi laughed at Mitsuru's joke at the expense of Akamatsu's belly. Sure, Hiroshi had a bulk on his own, but unlike Akamatsu he exercised by fighting and brawling instead of just exercising his fingers on the console.

Then he heard his voice. The boss was right, he always was. There was no need to make a scene. Just take the money or don't.

More people already paid attention to them, which was nothing new really, Hiroshi actually enjoyed the respect that was given to him for being part of the family. Before he had joined, he still would've been a nobody watching from the crowd, but now he was somebody. Still, there was no need to drag this out. Just take the money, and quickly.

Akamatsu was stupid enough to command them and rightfully got Ryuhei's fist into his gut as a result.

"Don't talk back, doofus."

It was a surprise he still hadn't learnt to respect them. It was not like this was the first time he met the family. Hiroshi bent down to grab the money out of Akamatsu's pocket.

"Hey mantits," he whispered into Yoshio's ear. "Your diet starts today."

After putting the money into his own pockets, Hiroshi goodbye'd Akamatsu via a strong kick against his leg, before joining the others. Ryuhei would get his new sneakers.

((Hiroshi Kuronaga continued elsewhere))
I'm so glad to be back !
Salic

Post by Salic »

While Yoshio knew that his little bout of courage may land him in trouble, he wasn’t expecting Sasagawa’s fist right into his stomach. All the air exited his lungs as he clutched his belly, unintentionally leaving his sacred yen in his pocket unprotected. Of course, the last remaining bully there, Kuronaga, took the yen from his pocket while he was vulnerable, and then a crushing pain struck him across the shin, and he almost fell to the floor. He recovered though, not wanting to look weaker than he already looked like right now.

When he finally recovered, his stomach poured salt in the wound by groaning loudly, reminding Yoshio of just how hungry he was going to be for the rest of the day. He sighed dejectedly before wandering to the fringes of the cafeteria, the most welcoming place in the school for him. Even though he didn’t have food, he could at least take solace in the mindless fun of his Gameboy. Maybe then he could try to get this whole incident out of his mind.

((Yoshio Akamatsu continued elsewhere))
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
Mikki Swift - "With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bree Jones - "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them." - Queen Victoria
Serena Waters - "You cannot make a revolution in white gloves." - Vladimir Lenin
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B1: Yoshio Akamatsu - "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” - Lyndon B. Johnson
Assigned Weapon: Sickle
Location: The die was cast in Farm Storage (H6) - Iacta Alea Est
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B7: Yoshitoki Kuninobu - "When the sword of rebellion is drawn, the sheath must be thrown away." - John Copley
Assigned Weapon: Czechoslovakian CZ 75 Semi-Automatic Pistol
Location: He took the fall for an enemy in Residential Area (H/I8) - Peace Village: Brother's Blood
In-Game History: 1 - 2 -

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker
S027: Claudia Salgado - "The optimist may fail, but the pessimist already begins failing." - Juscelino Kubitschek
Assigned Weapon: [ERROR: WEAPON UNAVAILABLE.]
Gift: Flashbang
Location: She stared death in the face in The Outskirts - Out Run
Pregame History: 1 - 2
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
P003: Elizabeth Rodney - ”I demolish my bridges behind me... then there is no choice but to move forward.” - Fridtjof Nansen
Assigned Weapon: Obedience to Authority + Altor Survival Pistol
Location: She met up with her beloveds in The Powerhouse - Burning Down the House
Pregame History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
In-game History: 1
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:
Christian Graf von Helder - “I’ll be a big noise with all the big boys!” - Peter Gabriel
Francisco Ordaz Santander - ”I am responsible only to God and history.” - Francisco Franco

INTERMISSIONS:
Sophia Mirowski - "Be strong in the belief that life is wonderful." - Valery Sablin
Lee Iker
Stanley Mirowski - "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SOTF-SUPERS V2:
Kendra Kuchel - ”If we value so highly the dignity of life, how can we not also value the dignity of death? No death may be called futile.” - Yukio Mishima
Nichelle Damen - ”All our knowledge- past, present, and future- is nothing compared to what we will never know.” - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Kazimierz Krzyzewski - ”At dawn it is not just the night that dies, it is man and his becoming, and the warm blood staining the pavement is a word that is just starting.” - Ricardo Mannerini
Raqel Poghosyan
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

In the end, Kayako’s interference had accomplished little. She’d mostly been ignored or told to just go away as Kiriyama’s gang continued to just mock poor Akamatsu. In the end, she’d found herself not quite equipped to handle the situation and was left stunned until Yuki and Chisato arrived and Kiriyama himself decided to call his goons off.

Kayako had considered saying something to Akamatsu, to give some sort of apology for her inability to do more. Instead, she simply let him go. Probably better off that way.

With a frustrated sigh, she turned her attention to Chisato and Yukie. Chisato was a friend of a sort, though Kayako didn’t consider them to be particularly close. She was nice enough, polite and considerate, expression betraying a bit of concern for Kayako’s recklessness, but to Kayako there didn’t seem to be much else to the girl. The class representative was more just an acquaintance, but seemed a respectable sort, probably good leadership material, something like that.

“Oh uh, sorry if I made things a bit too messy be stepping in there.” She reminded herself to give a quick apology to them, laughing nervously as she did. She must have seemed like quite the fool.
[+] Characters
[+] PV3 Prologue
M35-Muhammad Abbasi - "Hey, it’s okay now. We’re both in this together, right?"
PV3P: 1-2-3-4 | After: 1

M38-Nathan Kirchhoff - "Shit."
PV3P: 1-2-3-4
[+] TV3
ImageCK08FR04 - James Highchurch - “Okay, yeah. Exit strategy. I’ll… Yeah, I’ll think about that.”
Memories: 1 | Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19

ImageBC05 - Gabriela Garcia-Campos - “This is how things are here, the way the show is. So I need to get over it.”
Memories: 1 | Sandbox: 1-2-3
TV3: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14
[+] AUs
International
O19 - Archibald "Archie" Harper - "That’s why we’ve gotta fight the fuck back, one step at a time."
International: 1-2-3

O11 - Jen Mara Tuiqamea (adopted from Cicada and jimmydalad)
International: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8

Supers
Alan Melnyk - "What you’ve gotta do is say ‘fuck em’ and keep doing you."
Memories: 1-2-3
Supers: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11
After: 1-2-3
[+] The Future
Second Chances
Aditi Sharma
Desiree Beck
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

Utsumi watched Akamatsu stagger away. She wanted to call out to him, to tell him not to just walk away in defeat, tell him she'd buy him some lunch out of her own pocket. But somehow it just seemed like anything she'd do would make things worse for the poor guy. They'd find some way to twist it, make fun of him for getting help from the class rep, make fun of him for hiding behind a girl, or any of a thousand other things. In this situation, the kindest thing was just let him go.

But even though she knew that in her head, she couldn't stop the righteous indignation burning in her heart. What kind of school was this, where bullies could just punch a kid and steal his money in full view of everybody, and then just walk away without consequences? What kind of example were the teachers setting by letting this kind of thing go on? She couldn't count how many times she'd spoken privately to their homeroom teacher, trying to get something, anything done to try and make the situation better. And it never seemed to have any effect at all.

In response to Kayoko's question, she just shook her head. "No, it was really brave of you to step in like that. The school lets those guys get away with way too much, and if we just let it happen and act like it's normal, nothing will ever change."

She looked around the cafeteria. With the brief spectacle over, everyone was resuming their conversations and finishing their meals like nothing had happened. And why shouldn't they? Nothing was going to happen. She forced a smile and turned her attention back to Kayoko. "At least we're graduating soon, right? Then they'll be someone else's problem. But if they give you any trouble for speaking up, just let me know and I'll handle it, okay?"

It was an empty promise, but it felt nice to say the words anyway.

Utsumi lightly tugged Haruka's sleeve. "Hey, c'mon. Let's finish our lunch."

She headed back to the table, hoping her food wouldn't be too cold.

((Yukie Utsumi continued elsewhere))
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Chisato just felt terrible after the aftermath of what had happened and she felt more deflated when the other students went back to chatting among themselves. As if bullying was the norm here and sadly, it was in a way. Most of the time the school was ruled by Kiriyama's gang or Mitsuko's gang and she knew that the teachers couldn't do much about it without possibly getting hurt themselves.

Chisato could only watch Yoshio disappear into a crowd of people after the loss of his lunch money and she wished that she could have done something more like Kayoko and Yukie did. But that hadn't helped either. It was personally frustrating to see people getting hurt for no reason. Just for a bit of "fun". Chisato shook her head slightly and she listened to what Yukie was saying to Kayoko quietly.

Be someone else's problem.

Chisato thought that was the problem. Just throwing bullies onto someone else to handle was never going to work. Not unless a bully wanted to change their ways and wanted to redeem themselves. She almost let out a tired sigh but stopped herself from doing so.

She waited until Haruka and Yukie went back to the table that they had been eating at and she focused her attention on Kayoko, offering the other girl a calm, sweet smile. "You tried your best, Kayoko. No need to apologize. Sadly, I think those guys will never learn." She commented honestly, a hint of sadness was present in her eyes.

She glanced over at her friends and then back at Kayoko.

"Would you like to join us for lunch?" She offered politely, hoping Kayoko would accept the invitation.

((Chisato Matsui continued elsewhere))
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

(Haruka NOT continued to anywhere yet!)

(Seriously leave it up to Kiriyama to ruin a scene damn)

(Ugh)

(They're not even actually leaving anything but the conversation.)
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

Yukie and Chisato both tried to reassure Kayoko that she had been in the right to step in when she had. It was kind of them, but it did little to remove the lingering knowledge that the move had been impulsive on her part.

Kayoko had been trying to get better at restraining her impulsive decision making as of late. That sort of behavior was fine for a little kid and all, but she was supposed to be taking on more adult responsibilities soon enough. Her mother had advised her as much when she’d suggested taking up the tea ceremony club in the first place. Maybe a bit of that elegance would rub off on her.

Giving another sigh, Kayoko just laughed it off.

“Thank you, really. I guess I’m just getting too in my head about all that.” She explained with a smile, thinking it better to just brush the whole thing aside. “And I’d be happy to join you all.”

((Kayoko Kotohiki continued elsewhere...))

Return to “Shiroiwa (Memories)”