Rhonda Rollins

Profiles of characters who were abandoned or have timed out are stored here. Characters in this forum are eligible for resubmission by their handlers unless specifically noted otherwise.
Aura

Rhonda Rollins

Post by Aura »

Name: Rhonda Rollins
Grade: 12th
Hobbies and Interests: Wrestling, cars, classic rock, robot combat

Appearance: Rhonda is 5'10" and around 140 pounds, well-toned from her regular exercise and wrestling practice. She is light-skinned with a tan, Caucasian on her father's side, Mexican on her mother's. She frequently has bandages applied to various areas due to surface-level injuries, either bruises or cuts from practice or hurting her hand while working on a car. She has a few small scars on her hands for similar reasons.

Her face possesses an impressive frame, with her strong cheekbones and pointed chin granting her a serious look. Her green eyes stand out with her frequent glares, and her black hair is barely styled, with a few strands hanging over her forehead while the rest is splayed out on top and over the sides of her head in a vaguely spiky fashion.

Her fashion sense is simple, but functional. On Casting Day, she was wearing a black tank top under a red and black flannel shirt, denim jeans with frayed cuffs and rips hear the knees and ankles, and black running shoes with blue laces.

Biography: Living with a single father, Darrill Rollins, Rhonda's family has always been scraping by in terms of money. Her father works as a mechanic, a job that he has excelled in thanks to his deep knowledge of cars and machinery. His paychecks were steady, but since he was a working single parent, Rhonda had to spend a lot of time either with babysitters or in after-school care while he worked.

Rhonda's mother, Alicia, was with them until Rhonda was four years old, and she used to stay at home with Rhonda while her dad was at work. The two of them were quite close, but Alicia fell ill one afternoon when a long-term heart condition flared up. Despite the doctors' best attempts to cure her, Alicia died in the hospital. Rhonda and Darrill were devastated. Rhonda would cry frequently in the coming weeks, and Darrill became almost stone-faced in his grieving.

After the tragedy, despite only having limited time to spend together, Rhonda and her father were extremely close. In fact, since they didn't get to spend much time together as she was growing up, they put a lot of effort into what time they did get. To make things more convenient for them, the two of them ultimately wound up sharing a lot of interests. Her father listened to a lot of classic rock growing up, and Rhonda wound up getting a taste for it as well, especially Queen and Rush. On her 13th birthday, he gave her a decent amount of his old CDs, focusing mostly on her favorite bands.

One thing that they did together was watch wrestling. Darrill had tapes of his favorite matches that he would share with her, and they would try to catch a few shows whenever they were on TV. She was enthralled almost every time she watched. It was like an action movie in front of a live audience. She loved the high flyers, the brawlers, and the powerhouse giants equally. She thought that the whole spectacle was just the coolest thing she had ever seen.

Another major shared interest of theirs had to do with Darrill's career. When Rhonda was 15, her father started teaching her about cars, specifically how to fix them, at the same time he was teaching her how to drive. She picked up on these skills pretty quickly, and by the time she had gotten her license, she was just as adept at maintaining the vehicle as she was at driving it around town.

Ever since she was 12, Rhonda has been finding ways to earn money on her own so that she wouldn't have to rely on her father to buy things for her. She started by mowing lawns in her neighborhood during summertime, and when she turned 16, she got her first job at the mall as a cashier in a shoe store. She has done well in her job, and manages to balance it with her remaining lawn mowing jobs during the summer. She saves most of her money that doesn't go towards her hobbies, trying to give herself something of a financial cushion.

Related to mechanics was an interest in robot combat. Rhonda picked up an early interest in robot combat shows and events long before she ever got behind the wheel of a car, and that turned into a strong desire to get involved in the sport on her own. Her knowledge thus far is limited to mechanics and simple electronics, enough to make sure that an engine runs properly, but not much else. However, she has built a simple, weaponless wedge out of an RC car, and she hopes to go to college in order to pursue such projects further.

In her teen years, Rhonda's love of wrestling persisted, although she had grown more cynical. No longer enjoying it the way she had in her childlike wonder, she became very critical about what she watched. Wrestlers, matches, and even promotions that earned her ire became common points of criticism for her, both in conversation and online. She was not particularly reactionary, and she would deal out praise when she thought that someone deserved it. However, when she was properly incensed, she showed no mercy with her commentary.

She would go to local indie shows frequently, and as soon as she was old enough and got the money together, she started to train at a small school run by a retired pro. She only has a few months of training thus far, but she's planning on sticking with it, and she's actually factoring the proximity of local wrestling schools into her college selections. Some of her colleagues are aware of her online presence, and while a few are wary, she hasn't said anything to burn any bridges yet.

Rhonda has always been a good student, particularly excelling in science and writing skills. Thanks to her high grades throughout elementary and middle school, she was offered a scholarship from Mangrove. Knowing about its prestigious reputation, she accepted.

However, that was where her positive experiences with the school ended. Although she had heard about the ranking system, she assumed that it was something she could safely ignore, not knowing how prominent it was. She absolutely despised the rankings, and made no attempt to hide that fact. Due to a combination of this and her oft-sullen demeanor, she has spent almost her entire high school career dwelling new the bottom of the rankings despite her excellent grades. The social stigma of such wound up limiting her social circle, not that she cared. If someone didn't want to talk to her because of some arbitrary system, then she didn't want to associate with them anyway.

Rhonda has a small group of friends who she is fiercely loyal to, and she drops her guard to relax and have fun with them, showing a warmer personality beyond her stares and scowls. But to the larger student body, especially the high-ranked students, she's viewed as a delinquent despite not actually breaking any explicit rules. Now in her senior year, Rhonda can't wait to leave Mangrove Garden behind and go to a school that she doesn't hate.

As for SOTF, Rhonda can't stand it. She thinks that it's stupid and pointlessly cruel, and she hates how it seems that she can't walk around a corner without seeing some advertisement or merchandise deal for it. She regularly vents her issues about the show, much to the ire of its fans. She doesn't care what they think, though. She's never been one to hold her tongue no matter what the issue, and SOTF is just another problem as far as she's concerned.

Advantages: Rhonda is very athletic and agile thanks to her wrestling training. She is also quite intelligent and resourceful, as her grades show. Her mechanical knowledge may also come into play should she come across something potentially useful that needs fixing.
Disadvantages: Rhonda's personality is viewed as poisonous by many of her classmates thanks to her sullenness and caustic commentary. She is also unrelentingly outspoken, and may anger someone with her words at an inopportune time. In addition, the stigma of being low-ranked may make it difficult for her to find new allies.
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

Howdy, Aura. I'll be looking over Rhonda tonight, and she's temporarily DENIED pending some questions I have.

What is Rhonda's ethnicity and complexion?

What happened to Rhonda's mother?
Rhonda had to spend a lit of time either with babysitters or in after-school care while he worked.
Lit should be lot.

What are some classic rock bands Rhonda likes?

Since you mention she's a fan of it as a child, I'd like to see Rhonda's interest in wrestling come up earlier and hear a little bit more about how she felt about it when she was younger. Does she tear down performers she doesn't like in person as well as online? How does this affect her reputation with other wrestlers she trains with?

Why does Rhonda hate the ranking system so much? How does her father feel about her relationship with the school? What kind of repercussions does Rhonda's vocal opposition to the ranking system have on her relationship with faculty? If she dislikes Mangrove so strongly, why did she seek a scholarship there in the first place?

Does Rhonda work? She has some expensive hobbies, and I'm curious how she funds them.

Where do Rhonda's negative feelings towards SotF come from? You note that she hates how it's eclipsed all other forms of entertainment, but she would barely be old enough to remember anything else by the time SotF rose to popularity. Is she influenced by her father or other peers?

In regards to Rhonda's advantages, what areas does she excel in academically? How much mechanical knowledge does she have? In the profile you have her performing some basic car maintenance and modifying an RC car. Does she have any knowledge of more complicated electronics? What about firearms? This kind of advantage reads very broadly, so I'd like the parameters of her knowledge more well-defined.

Both of Rhonda's disadvantages revolve around the ranking system right now. I'd like to see them diversified to include something else.

That's all this time around! Post when you've made these edits and I'll look at her again.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Posted and edited!
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

Heya Aura. I'm going to have to leave Rhonda DENIED on this pass.

I'm not seeing any changes to her appearance to include ethnicity and complexion. I'm also not seeing any explanation about what happened with her mother. Both of these edits are still requested. I also don't see any mention of specific bands Rhonda is into; this may seem relatively minor compared to the other edits but it would help me ground what this interest means to her, as classic rock could mean anything from the 1960s to the early 2000s depending on who you ask.

I'd like some more expansion on why she hates SotF so much. Her point of view is logical for you and me, but since you note this is also something she argues with her peers about I would like to see the social element of SotF more present. What influences her to believe the show is pointlessly cruel? Is her dad a fan? Does she have friends who agree with and support her opinions, or is there an element here where Rhonda's disrespect for her fellow students also drives her to disrespect the media they flock to? You don't need to cover all these directions, but I'd like you to think about them while expanding this section.

Mangrove does not approach students with scholarships. To attend you either have to pass their academic testing requirements or pay tuition; Rhonda seems more than capable of passing the test, but that brings us back to the issue of why she would come here in the first place if she hates the school's structure so much. I'm also still not entirely clear on why she hates the ranking system so much in the first place. So what we're going to need here is a reason for Rhonda to reach out for Mangrove for testing despite of or in ignorance to the ranking system, and then a reason why the ranking system rubs her so wrong. I think you have the foundation for that here and would suggest maybe expanding on how her dad feels about her attending Mangrove and what her initial experiences with the ranking system were like before jumping full on into thinking it's dumb and useless.

I've still got issue with the wording of Rhonda's last advantage, it reads very broadly in a way her profile does not reflect. Her profile says her knowledge of engineering and robotics are amateur if that, and at the risk of spoilers there's probably not going to be an abundance of cars in the game. What are you envisioning her repairing?

That's all I have this go around! Post when you've made these edits and I'll check in again.
Wham Yubeesling
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

This character biography has had no alterations for more than two weeks and has been put in the abandoned characters forum. This profile is eligible for resubmission by the handler upon alterations requested by the staff.
[+] The Present
Image Image

SC3:
???: Jeremy Frasier — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | Present:
THEME: Jim's Big Ego — Stress

B02: Maxwell Lombardi — “Then I'll beat them again. Simple as that.” — 100%/0%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: SPAS-12 Shotgun, Trident, Colt .357 King Cobra, Meat Cleaver
SCDos — |
SCTres —
THEME: Eminem — The Way I Am
[+] The Past
ImageImageImage Image Image

BRAU2:
B11: Hiroki Sugimura — "Listen, Kayoko, I lov-” — 10%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Shamisen
BRAU2 —

INTL:
O07: Jaxon Chen (Adopted from Tapey!) — "You- started- this-" — 55%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Poison Ivy Gloves, Smoke Bomb, Crutch
INTL —

PV3:
F01: Michelle White — "Because if you can forgive me, then… then maybe I can try to forgive myself. Amen." — 68%
Kills: 1 | Equipped with: Ghille Suit, Combat Knife w/ Sniper Scope, Speargun
SANDBOX — Past: N/A | Present:
PV3 —
THEME: Tommy Körberg — Anthem

Supers:
S034: Isabella Lugosi — "Stay. Away. Stay- away-" — 32%
Kills: 1 | Equipped with: Phenomena
Supers — Memories: N/A | Game: 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦
THEME: John Carpenter — From The Fire

TV2:
SP5: Michael Robinson (Adopted from Polybius!) — "Oh shit." — 77%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Large Fishing Net
SANDBOX: N/A
TV2 — 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

TV3:
BC08: Marion Rosales — "Doesn't- matter if it works or not. You get- a chance to try." — 27%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Decorative Mareon Rosalales Nameplate
SANDBOX — Past: | Present: | 𓅓
TV3 — 𓅓
THEME: Dessa — Ride

SS01: Verity Stewart — "Fucking owned-" — 98%
Kills: 6 | Equipped with: Heckler & Koch P11, Harpoon
SANDBOX — Past: | Present:
TV3 —
THEME: Those Poor Bastards — Crooked Man

SC2:
G25: Jasmine King — "I win." — 32%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Colt Single Action Army, Hunga Munga
SCDos —
THEME: QZ Productions — My Mistress' Will
[+] Beyond

PV3 Prologue:
M35: Buddy Underwood — "So... what, we creatin' some kinda Dogtown?" — 62%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Sledgehammer
BEFORE — Past: N/A | Present: N/A
PV3 Prologue — 1 2 3 4 5
THEME — ???
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Waldo Woodrow — The Best Friend — "Yo! Bro! Check out this shark I caught!"
Warion Roux — The Bumblebee — "Homme qui regarde même les signatures en notre année 2022?"

Return to “TV3 Forfeited and Abandoned Characters”