Morton's Fork

The dwellings found on the western side of the settlement were occupied by the poorer denizens of the town. These buildings tend to be low, small, densely-packed, and in questionable states of repair. Those that are more than one story tend to be divided into apartments, and were probably largely tenanted by sailors and dockworkers. The architecture is largely bare stucco and wood, and roofs are mostly flat. Gardens, when present, are small and poorly-maintained. Many of the buildings were clearly shared by many inhabitants, evidenced by extremely efficient layouts and numerous beds. The light here is poor, and there are a number of alleys and tight spaces suitable to concealment... or ambush.
backslash
Team Affiliation: Shiva's Sirens

Post by backslash »

Ashley had a few choice words for all of this, and she let them loose accordingly.

"HEY WHAT THE FUCK."
Wham Yubeesling
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

“I-”

There was screaming, behind her. It brushed right past her head, failed to register because what she’d done was laying on the ground in front of her, eyes glazed and body bleeding just like Mrs. Horton and Mr. Shaw and she stepped back and she placed her hands over her face because no no no no no no no no this wasn’t happening she didn’t do that Morton was still okay and maybe if she moved forward did something he could still be saved so she uncovered her eyes moved forward to Morton and saw his eyes saw the blood and Mrs. Horton’s chest was blown open again and Mr. Shaw’s head had just exploded and no no no no no this had happened she was here and there was nothing she could do. No way to defend herself. She’d just killed someone and no no no no no no no and-

She breathed.

“I-”

Took a step back.

“I-”

Felt all her thoughts rush through her head tried to push all of them out because they all just tried to excuse and distract herself from what she’d just done. Maybe Ashley hated her because of this and now maybe there was no hope of them ever getting close and maybe she’d now become what she swore she’d fight against now she’d become what the Americans wanted her whole class to become but no no no no no she couldn’t think about those because the point was that she’d just murdered. Morton was here but because of her he now wasn’t. She was a bad person who killed someone and she didn’t know how to think she didn’t know how to deal with this she knew that there was no way she could make up for this and she-

“I-”

Took a step back.

Collapsed. Fell to her knees.

Breathed. Did her best to keep everything together. Tried to think of something to say, something she could do to show that this hadn’t been her, wasn’t something she intended.

Found nothing.

Let everything out, instead.
backslash

Post by backslash »

Son of a dick.

Michelle hadn't even needed to get between them. Morton would have gone down as quietly as possible in the next few seconds, and everything would have been fucking fine. Well, not fine, but Ashley would have relieved some tension, and ideally the knife would also be out of Morton's hands.

As opposed to in him.

Instead, Morton was on the ground, knife in his gut, and Michelle was screaming at the top of her fucking lungs. Ashley growled and pushed herself back to her feet. "Shut up!" Again, she went ignored, so she grabbed Michelle by the shoulder and shook her. "Stop it! And Morton, you piece of shit, stop-"

Playing? Playing wasn't the right word when you'd got a fucking knife in you, but he didn't need to just keep laying there like-

Like-

"Morton. Morton, get up!" Ashley abandoned Michelle and went to his side instead, and fuck, she didn't want to be sorry but now that she was looking, things were worse than she'd thought. Morton's stomach was all torn up, and there was a steadily growing mess spreading on the floor by his side.

She didn't think he was breathing.

"Morton, open your fucking eyes, okay, shit!" Ashley grabbed him by the arm and shook him like she'd done Michelle, babbling. Fuck, fuck. They should try to stop the bleeding right? Or she should, since Michelle was still making noise and not helping much of anything. "You fucking prick, if you die, I'll kill you! This isn't funny!"

Morton didn't respond, and Ashley made no move to staunch the bleeding after all. As much as she tried to refuse it, there was a terrible, rising certainty in her that there wasn't anything they could do to fix this. She and Michelle had gone and proper fucked it.
Wham Yubeesling

She didn’t respond as Ashley shook her body, told her to stop it. She could barely even feel it, in all honesty. It was too much already to take in what was in her head. Anything more than that just didn’t compute, failed to reach beyond the surface level. Her body just kept screaming and she couldn’t stop thinking about Morton and what she’d done and she didn’t even know how she was going to deal with any of this and-

Her breath gave out. Her body doubled over, once again. She was clutching her stomach and coughing and looking at the ground because everything hurt and nothing about this felt real-

“I’m sorry-”

She looked up. Saw Ashley. Looked down again. Kept crouching. Kept-

“I’m sorry I’m sorry I was trying to get you two to stop I was trying to help and I’m sorry I’m sorry and-”

She looked down once more, as another round of coughs enveloped her.
backslash

Post by backslash »

"Stop," Ashley croaked, eyes still fixed on Morton. "Jesus, stop!" She finally tore her eyes away, stomach churning.

There was no making this better. No making up for this mistake by going to detention and getting lectured by her Grandpa or any of that. Ashley had done some stupid shit in her time, but nobody had ended up dead because of it. In the face of having nothing to do that could help, Ashley's mind went to damage control.

"We have to get out of here. You can cry all you want later, okay, just- just get all your shit together and come on." Ashley left it ambiguous whether she was referring to Michelle's belongings or her demeanor. With one last look at Morton, just to confirm that he still wasn't moving, wasn't breathing, Ashley began to hurriedly gather up the food she'd scatter on the floor and haphazardly toss it back into her bag.

"Come on. Take his stuff too or leave it, just come on!"
Wham Yubeesling

A breath. Another set of coughs. She saw Ashley, as she spoke, told her to move. She looked down. Looked up again.

“Okay. Let me-” Another breath. “Let me have a second.”

She was still on the floor, trying to make things feel okay. The thoughts were all in her head and there was no way she would ever be able to get them out but she knew she had to do what Ashley said because she was the one making sense right now and she was better than her and-

No. No. She wasn’t going to allow herself to think. She couldn’t get bogged down, not now. There were things she needed to do, people she needed to find and-

...What things?

What people?

she didn’t know she didn’t know she didn’t know she didn’t know and that was why she couldn’t think, that was why she had to follow Ashley. She knew best and even if she didn’t she knew something and-

No. No. Couldn’t let herself get bogged down. Thinking about this would just allow the thoughts to come back. Not doing anything about this would make it worse. Her body slowly moved. Got to its feet. She didn’t know whether she could stay standing and it felt like any push would knock her back down to the ground, but she was there. Her eyes were far away from Morton. She was able to do… whatever she needed to do, whatever could be done.

“Where do we go?” She asked. “Do we go to another house or another place, or…?”
backslash

Post by backslash »

Ashley's eyes kept wanting to move back to Morton, and there was still a nagging certainty that he'd sit up at any moment and laugh at them for panicking. Or maybe he'd wait until they had gone, and he'd have a private laugh at their expense on how he'd gotten one over on them and made them feel bad.

For most of the day, Ashley had been pissed off and out of sorts, but she'd held a grim certainty underneath it all that things would be fine. They weren't okay, but they would be, because they weren't stupid, they weren't brainwashed, and they weren't monsters. If anybody did die, it was the Americans who had killed them, just the same as if they'd pulled the trigger themselves, because that was what this was. Just murder by proxy so they could pretend to have the moral high ground.

Now, she just kept moving quickly, mechanically, to finish her hurried packing and fight the rising bile in the throat.

"Doesn't matter where," she said, voice tight. "We're just getting the fuck out, we can't be here." It wasn't like the cops were going to come and haul them off, but running from her mistakes was all that Ashley could think to do right now.

With all her meager belongings stuffed back into the pack, Ashley did another quick scan of the floor around her. A heap of green cloth at the foot of the sofa caught her eye. Morton's blazer.

"Fuck," she hissed under her breath, and rose to grab it. She stood with the blazer clenched in her hands for a moment, and then took a deep breath and turned back to Morton. Unsurprisingly, he hadn't moved. Not so much as a twitch.

He was dead.

The longer she looked, the dizzier she felt. She didn't feel like she was in full control of her body. Fuckin' pity her eyes still worked.

She hated Morton, but she didn't want to leave him here like this. But they had to run, because if she stayed here she'd be sick and frozen forever.

"Ugh!" Ashley summed up everything in one short exclamation, disgusted, and she flung the blazer over Morton. It fell lopsided, but at least it covered his face. The knife and its wound were still visible. She wanted to pull it out, but she couldn't- the thought of touching him made her stomach lurch even harder.

Fuck this shit. "Come on." She turned away again. If she kept looking, she- she didn't know what she'd do.

Ashley grabbed her pack and the scythe, and made for the door, expecting Michelle on her heels.

((Ashley Pontecorvo continued in Hiding From The Truth))
Wham Yubeesling

“Okay.”

Leaving, going anywhere that wasn’t here sounded like a good idea as any to Michelle. She didn’t like the fact that she was leaving Morton behind and she was aware that she’d only just be running away from what she did to him but she knew that there was nothing that could be done about it here. Maybe if she went away, gave herself however long it took for her head to be in its proper place again, she could come back. Give Morton his proper respects. Make up for what she’d done to him, if there was even a way of doing that.

Good plan?

She watched Ashley move, start heading out of the room.

Well, it was certainly better than the last one.

She picked up her bag. Moved to leave the room. Gave Morton one last glance, for acknowledgment's sake, before she closed the door behind her.

((Michelle White, continued elsewhere))
[+] The Present
Image Image

SC3:
???: Jeremy Frasier — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | Present:
THEME: Jim's Big Ego — Stress

B02: Maxwell Lombardi — “Then I'll beat them again. Simple as that.” — 100%/0%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: SPAS-12 Shotgun, Trident, Colt .357 King Cobra, Meat Cleaver
SCDos — |
SCTres —
THEME: Eminem — The Way I Am
[+] The Past
ImageImageImage Image Image

BRAU2:
B11: Hiroki Sugimura — "Listen, Kayoko, I lov-” — 10%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Shamisen
BRAU2 —

INTL:
O07: Jaxon Chen (Adopted from Tapey!) — "You- started- this-" — 55%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Poison Ivy Gloves, Smoke Bomb, Crutch
INTL —

PV3:
F01: Michelle White — "Because if you can forgive me, then… then maybe I can try to forgive myself. Amen." — 68%
Kills: 1 | Equipped with: Ghille Suit, Combat Knife w/ Sniper Scope, Speargun
SANDBOX — Past: N/A | Present:
PV3 —
THEME: Tommy Körberg — Anthem

Supers:
S034: Isabella Lugosi — "Stay. Away. Stay- away-" — 32%
Kills: 1 | Equipped with: Phenomena
Supers — Memories: N/A | Game: 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦
THEME: John Carpenter — From The Fire

TV2:
SP5: Michael Robinson (Adopted from Polybius!) — "Oh shit." — 77%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Large Fishing Net
SANDBOX: N/A
TV2 — 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

TV3:
BC08: Marion Rosales — "Doesn't- matter if it works or not. You get- a chance to try." — 27%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Decorative Mareon Rosalales Nameplate
SANDBOX — Past: | Present: | 𓅓
TV3 — 𓅓
THEME: Dessa — Ride

SS01: Verity Stewart — "Fucking owned-" — 98%
Kills: 6 | Equipped with: Heckler & Koch P11, Harpoon
SANDBOX — Past: | Present:
TV3 —
THEME: Those Poor Bastards — Crooked Man

SC2:
G25: Jasmine King — "I win." — 32%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Colt Single Action Army, Hunga Munga
SCDos —
THEME: QZ Productions — My Mistress' Will
[+] Beyond

PV3 Prologue:
M35: Buddy Underwood — "So... what, we creatin' some kinda Dogtown?" — 62%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Sledgehammer
BEFORE — Past: N/A | Present: N/A
PV3 Prologue — 1 2 3 4 5
THEME — ???
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Waldo Woodrow — The Best Friend — "Yo! Bro! Check out this shark I caught!"
Warion Roux — The Bumblebee — "Homme qui regarde même les signatures en notre année 2022?"

Return to “Western Dwellings (PV3)”