Evergreen Goodbyes

Private

The manor house is the largest single building on the island and the only building that has a second floor. The outside of the house features elaborate carvings in the entryway, while the main hall contains a large metal chandelier formed of many interlocking spirals. The interior features extravagant rugs spread across the floor in every room. On the ground floor, there is a kitchen, a large dining room with a hand-carved table, each leg made to look like a rushing wave, and a living room featuring a large purple velvet sofa. The second floor is home to a large master bedroom, a smaller but no less elaborate guest room, a drawing room and a balcony that overlooks the entire island.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

The gun clattered out of Emmett’s hands as he fell onto his back.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis was wheezing and coughing behind as he was staring down at Emmett and he had lost his own grip on the chainsaw, not caring if he dropped it. He could hear Declyn talking to Cecil behind him and his heart was feeling more heavy. He really was not a good person. He was going to die as a bad person and he felt like that was okay. Even if his family was watching and saw him doing unspeakable things.

You really are better than me, Emmett. I've never been able to able to adapt to this nightmare, have I?

Adonis was continuing to stare down at Emmett.

"Get up.... a-and fight me...! C....Coward...!" His voice was getting weaker and he raised his fists, swaying and wobbling on his feet.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“No.”

Emmett just closed his eyes. He didn’t care anymore. He was tired of all of this.

“It don’t matter. It doesn’t.”

He looked up at Adonis, heaving and retching his last. He didn’t have much time left anyways. There wasn’t a point to any of this anymore. Cecil was going to die, so was Adonis. Everyone he cared about was dead, and soon he’d be too. This shit was stupid.

“You’re already dead, anyways. There’s nothing more you can do to me or anyone else that you haven’t yet.”
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"...."

Adonis couldn't believe that Emmett was giving up on surviving or even trying to stop him, feeling more frustrated with everything. He hated to see Emmett just laying there for him to just chop him up into little pieces of meat and he knew that he, himself, couldn't walk away from this situation. He didn't want to say that he was now afraid of dying alone. He had to pretend a little more.

"F....Fine. If this is how you see things.... T-Then I should kill you too..."

Adonis went to turn to his side and he reached down for the chainsaw, groaning softly. No point in wasting his fists on Emmett.
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

When Adonis looked back at Emmett, he could only see the 7 barrels of the volley gun.

“I told you.”

He cocked the lever back with his thumb.

“It’s.”

“Over.”

It didn’t matter in the end. Emmett knew that, and days later he’d regret this decision and wished he’d just given up. When he’d later die alone he’d think back to this moment and how easier everything would have been, but not now.

Now it wasn’t about him, or Cecil, or Adonis. Declyn was right there, and somewhere a bit of a ways back was Jon, and there was a chance that Adonis could just hurt them next, and there was a chance, just a slim one that Emmett could do something right to avert all of that.

If he could only do one thing right in his miserable existence, let this be the one.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis felt the mask falling off of his face as he was knocked backwards from the gunshot wound to just below his collarbone and he could felt the numbness in his chest. He couldn't breathe. He was coughing and hacking more blood out of his mouth, turning to rest on his side. His hands were trembling as he was trying to stop himself from bleeding out and he felt the hot tears rolling down his face.

Emmett had really done it. He had stopped Adonis from hurting anyone else and Adonis wished that he could thank him for freeing him from his little cage of being a messed-up beast. He really felt like he was finally going to be okay. He still wished that he hadn't had hurt Cecil or Declyn with his selfishness. Emmett was definitely the real hero in the end, huh? Adonis almost felt like laughing at the thought.

He heard footsteps approaching and he wasn't feeling afraid anymore.

"E....Em...?"

He could barely speak.

His vision was starting to blur and he could see a bit of red.

"I-I need.... to.... to t-t-tell you..... s-s-s-some.... s-s-something...."
[+] V7
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

The gun clattered to the ground as Emmett picked himself up, and walked towards Adonis. He put a hand over his own shoulder trying to hold back the bleeding from Adonis’ chainsaw. He looked at Adonis’ tattered body. Miraculously he was still alive. He was trying to speak to him.

What happened to Adonis to make him this way? Was all of this because he broke up with him? Why did he do this? Why Cecil? Why not him?

Whatever happened to Adonis, he made his choice. He chose to wear that stupid mask. He chose to try and carve them up with a chainsaw. He chose to hurt people, he chose to kill Cecil. Emmett looked away.

He didn’t want to hear it. Nothing Adonis could say mattered to him anymore. Adonis made his choice.

Emmett walked away from him, leaving him on the ground as he strode to Declyn and Cecil.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"H-Hah...."

Emmett had walked away from him and Adonis couldn't say anything. He was going to die alone and he had been at fault for all of that. This was what he deserved after all. He felt a small weak chuckle come out of his mouth and he could felt the blood flowing out of his wounds more slowly. He felt more tired and he just needed to rest. Would he be able to see Marco...? He had tried to do better for both the good side and the bad side. It had broken Adonis' mind and he had wished that he could have just asked anyone for help. To keep him sane.

He reached out for the sad mask and held it fragilely against himself.

I never asked, did I...?

"Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."

He managed to call out in a croaky voice before closing his eyes and his breathing was starting to slow down rapidly. He guessed this was going to be an good end for him, right?

Dying alone....

It wasn't that bad.

B033: ADONIS COHEN - DECEASED
[+] V7
LeslieFranc

Post by LeslieFranc »

That was all there was to it, wasn’t it? Selfishness was what kept him going in this island, because he only cared about what he wanted, and that was to go home and see his family again. He didn’t stop to think about what his family would want. His parents had a son who was the victim of Survival of the Fittest, and that was already a tragedy of itself. For him to die was the next natural step. For him to adapt to the rules the terrorists had given him…maybe that would’ve proved him strong, strong enough to survive, and that was what his family deserved. But to have a son that was a murderer, would his family—no, he decided. I shouldn’t do that to them. Embarrassing them in front of the whole world would be the worst thing I could do. At least, that was what he would’ve thought, if I was selfless. But he wasn’t, and he wanted to win, and I failed anyway. He thought he would kill if he was ever given the choice, and maybe he already made that choice when he fought with Adonis, but it just never went through. Selfish or not, I’m still a failure, huh?

Cecil heard the sound of a loud gunshot that should only come from the huge gun that Emmett had. He hoped that he hit Adonis head on.

Or maybe, just maybe, this was the best thing that could happen for my family? He got kidnapped and was forced to survive through this, to let some parts of him die throughout so he could stand alone in the end, and so many parts of him were killed, and he fought as much as he can, I did my best, and maybe that wasn’t enough, but…

He hadn’t gone crazy. He was still himself from back home. Maybe. Mostly. He didn’t go on a murderous rampage like some of his classmates. There were times when he acted pathetic, yes, but he never surrendered against his enemies. And yes, he was dying—shit shit shit—but wouldn’t it be preferable that your son died in Survival of the Fittest rather than spiral down to madness in front of a worldwide audience like Adonis?

Maybe this was for the best?

Maybe…maybe with this, he can be selfless?

So I did good, right?

Declyn’s hand clasped on him and he squeezed, and Cecil was supposed to let out a breath in maybe relief or I’m just terrified and I can’t breath I don’t know, but all that came out of his mouth was blood.

There was Declyn, and now he wanted to act selfish again. Maybe act delusional too, because he still desperately endured everything when he saw him try to stop the bleeding with his shirt when Cecil could tell that it was already too late, way too fucking late, fuck, nothing that we have will fix this, nothing

Cecil squeezed back just as tightly, or as much as he could with his declining strength and blood anyway.

Declyn, the boy that stood for him as the guiltless happiness he never thought he could receive, laid down beside him and they stared into each other’s eyes like they were back at that party or their hotel room in DC. He didn’t look good, and he was close to crying. Cecil simply didn’t want him to be sad, but there was nothing he could do to fix that, right? Cecil loved him laughing, and happy, and loving him, and Cecil had laughed and was happy with him, and I love him. They weren’t laughing, and they weren’t happy, and Cecil was dying and Declyn was sad, but they loved each other. Cecil knew that. For some reason, it became easy for Cecil to stop doubting that when it came to Declyn.

Tears freely ran down when Declyn told him that he wasn’t leaving him, because fuck, you better fucking not, that’s the most terrifying thing. Please don’t leave me—

“Please don’t,” he managed to let out quickly. And Cecil, he was—

“I’m sorry that I am.” So fucking sorry I’m leaving you. And Mom and Ma and Angel and Drew—

He wondered if Camila was this scared when she died, too. Probably Drew. He never knew, and will never know. If only he was there, if only I could see her again…

Choking with tears, it might be from emotion, or the blood. Camila’s dead. Drew’s dead. Everyone’s dead. And I’m—

Declyn was being hopeful with a small joke, and even when there were times when Cecil didn’t really find them all that worth a laugh, there was still something from the way Declyn would say it that always got him to smile at him. This time was no exception.

At least he could say he was smiling before they kissed. He could vaguely hear the sounds of Emmett and Adonis’s fight, but he barely cared about that now. He was being selfish and keeping Declyn here and letting him give him the comfort he desperately seeks instead of urging him to get the hell out. When the kiss ended, he found himself relaxed, just for a very brief moment, before he wanted to get closer to Declyn as if he wanted to hide himself from the rest of the world and reality itself.

Finally, his other hand let go of the knife, wrapping his own arm around Declyn himself, gently pulling him closer.

Cecil held Declyn close against himself, and thought of Mom and how she loved baking for them when she managed to find the time between work, or when she started his first personal piano lessons together with her, and her gentle smile that he realized was only ever genuine when directed towards their family. He thought of Ma and her open acceptance and involvement with his interests, the way she understood him without him saying anything, and her rough and unrestrained display of physical affection. He remembered his quiet yet mischievous brother Angel, whose actions were always stronger than his words, and how Cecil would always do anything in his power to make sure he would never get in trouble. Little seven year-old Drew who was so sweet and so, so smart, whose eyes and smile easily had Cecil right under her small thumb, and that time she gave him a heart attack when she climbed on the fence on the balcony of his room and swung her legs with a carefree shriek of laughter.

With a new pang of pain and guilt in his chest, he also thought of Camila and her constant playful teasing, or her arm around his as she dragged him away somewhere. He thought of Drew and that flutter in his heart when all he felt was flattery and happiness at his invitation to prom. His few classmates who smiled and seemed to enjoy spending little time with him despite the past years of his then coldness and indifference, and how he enjoyed those times as well.

He looked at Declyn, and their moments in the pool, their time at the party, and their time at DC, when they made it official that they wanted to be together and each other alone. He thought of the moments between those memories, whether it was when he loved him as a friend or a romantic partner. I love him. I love him. I love him. I love him. I—

“I love you.”

Yes, dying like this, having fought and lost and yet with no huge regrets, would be the best possible ending he could give to the people he cared about who would be affected back home.

He did good. He had to believe that.

So maybe he deserved being a little selfish for his last moments, right?

He saw Emmett get closer just when he felt his sight blur and darken, so he closed his eyes and held Declyn closer against him, weakly but desperately tightening his hold on him, as if afraid that Declyn would disappear before he himself inevitably does first.

Even with his eyes closed, waiting for himself to pass out, Declyn was here with him. It’s okay. Even if it wasn’t. Not really, he was still scared. But he continued telling himself that. It’s okay. It’s okay.

His hold never loosened anyway.

Until it did.

B014: Cecil Salazar-Loveless | DECEASED — V7 END
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Why? Why were you too late to do anything, you fool?! You shouldn't have lagged behind. You idiot!

((Jonathan Meyers continued from Among the Sef))

Jonathan had dropped the bike somewhere away from the manor as he had noticed Mercy's body in the bushes and he had been staring at her rotting corpse for too long. He had found himself hum-singing a prayer for her and he had not even noticed that Cecil and Emmett had gone on ahead without him. He had thought that everything was going to be fine until he heard the yelling, the fighting and the two gunshots echoing through the air.

He hesitated for about two seconds before he let go of the bike completely and he found himself dashed towards the manor, feeling himself dreading about what he was going to see. He took a step inside. He noticed all the blood and carnage. He stared at what looked like Adonis' corpse and then he realized that the boy was really dead without even touching him.

"What the...?" He could barely get the words out of his mouth and he was starting to feel a wave of dizziness, knowing that he was not that great with seeing people die.

Why is this-

That was when he saw him.

Declyn....

He noticed that Cecil was there, bleeding out from a wound. He noticed the chainsaw near Adonis' body and he saw the blood on it. Was.... Was that Cecil's blood? He had to stop just standing there like an idiot and he had to help Declyn with Cecil. He unzipped his bag, got out his first aid kit quickly and he headed over to where the three boys were.

"Hey." Was all that he could say to Declyn before he glanced down at Cecil.

He felt a lump in his throat.

You were too late...

"O-Oh...."
[+] V7
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Declyn didn't move an inch except for a flinch when Emmett's gun went off and the clang of Cecil’s fallen knife rang out.

A copper taste stuck to his lips that were slightly apart. He closed his eyes.

He didn’t dare to look around, didn't want to look at what was happening just steps away. When everything went quiet, it was even scarier. Voices were just a feathery cloud.
[+] V7

ImageDeclyn Grayson-Anthis | aesthetics

last google search - "cool off on hot summer days help"
PREGAME – Past: 1 , 2 | Present: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 | Prom: 1 , 2
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 ,9 , 10

ImageDane Lennox | aesthetics
last google search - "top ski resorts 2018"
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
V8
follow me on tumblr
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

When Emmett walked to Cecil and Declyn, he knew he was too late. Cecil was gone. He turned his head behind him, and Adonis was gone too.

Gone...

All gone.

Well. Cecil found Declyn. You found Adonis.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! Coooongraaaaatulations! All your friends are dead! Everyone you care about is dead! The last two people you had any attachment to just died! Because of you!

All because of you, Emmett.

Emmett simply exhaled. He turned around, his face blank except for a twitching smirk peeling his lips back, like he was trying not to laugh at the world’s funniest joke. He passed Jon on the way to Adonis’ body. “Hi Jon.”

He knelt down and picked up the weapon he used to kill Adonis. “Bye Jon.”

He pressed the barrel of the gun to his own chin. He squeezed the trigger.

Nothing...

Well that was embarrassing. Emmett slapped himself on the forehead and laughed. “God, I’m such a doofus! This thing needs bullets to work! Man, I just can’t do anything right, haha!”

He knelt down to his bag, rifling through it to find what he really needed.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan glanced at Declyn who had his eyes still closed and he knelt down beside him, letting his first aid kit slide out of his hand onto the ground beside him. He reached up to Cecil's neck to check for a pulse. Nothing. Then he checked his wrist. Nothing, nothing.... Then he placed a hand on Cecil's chest, hoping and praying to at least feel a heartbeat.

No heartbeat. At all.

"Declyn...." That was all that could come out of his mouth and he hated how useless he had been this whole time. He hadn't even been here to help or even stop two people from dying. Adonis and Cecil both deserved better than this. They both should have been living their lives to the fullest and not being in a pool of their blood on this island because of some terrorists that found this entertaining. "I'm sorry."

Jonathan felt himself moving on auto-pilot and he pulled Declyn into a gentle hug, not knowing how else to comfort him in this messy situation. He heard Emmett's voice and he instantly glanced up to look at the other boy who just tried to shoot himself. Jonathan suddenly felt sick at the thought of Emmett trying to kill himself and he needed to stop him from doing something so reckless.

"Emmett." He said his name in a sharp, strict tone of voice.

He got up while dragging Declyn up to his feet and he powerwalked over to where Emmett was, not wanting to see anyone else dead. Jonathan knew that he was trying to keep himself together as best as he could and now he needed to be there for Emmett and Declyn in their time of need. Declyn had lost Cecil. Emmett had lost Adonis. This was just a massive trainwreck.

"Don't...." Was the barely spoken word that came out of his mouth as he knelt down beside Emmett and he wrapped an arm around Emmett's shoulder, pulling the other boy closer to him to hopefully calm him down. He wrapped his other arm around Declyn again and he let out a shaky breath. "Please don't...."

He was struggling to keep himself together but he was trying his best.
[+] V7
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Declyn only opened his eyes just to make sure it was really Jonathan who was suddenly holding him, a moment later Emmett as well. He didn't want to keep them closed forever. Just a short forever. He wasn’t sure how that was going to work but the impossible always had a mysterious appeal to it which made him wonder how much of that impossible was possible.

Why had Adonis done what he had done? As interesting of a thought it was to him, it was just a pain now. Maybe everything would have turned out okay if he stayed with the others. Didn't people understand that what really counted was working together? Through all of this. Teaming up, grouping up, that was what Declyn hoped for, that's what he had been trying to do.

People were selfish in the end. It was the name of the game.

The blood on his bare chest left some marks on Jonathan during the embrace.

“This island sucks,” he stammered weakly.

Sure did, huh.

It hurt.

So much.
[+] V7

ImageDeclyn Grayson-Anthis | aesthetics

last google search - "cool off on hot summer days help"
PREGAME – Past: 1 , 2 | Present: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 | Prom: 1 , 2
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 ,9 , 10

ImageDane Lennox | aesthetics
last google search - "top ski resorts 2018"
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
V8
follow me on tumblr
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Emmett stood up with a handful of rounds as Jonathan spoke to him. "Why not?" He asked. "Everyone I care about is either dead or going to die. Everyone I ever let close to me has died."

Emmett put in a round.

"Help's not coming."

He put in another round.

"I'm probably only going to stick around to watch you two die, then someone else, then someone else..."

And another.

"Then I'll go before I get the chance to do anything about it."

And another.

"All of this will be for nothing, it IS for nothing."

Another.

"It's happened eight times before. It'll keep happening, nobody cares."

Another.

"We're all dead men anyfuckingway."

Last one.

"Why do you even care anyways? You barely know me. You should be happy, I'm making it easier for you."

Emmett stepped back, closing the gun up. "What's the point? I've fought and struggled just to get here, and all I've accomplished is watching all of my friends die. All I've managed to do about it was kill my Ex. That's it." His eyes were turning red. "What do you want from me?! What do you expect from me? To just sit here and take it!? I've had enough! I'm fucking done. I'm tired of all this pointless shit! I got nothing left!"

Return to “The Manor House”