The First Step is the Hardest

Private - Simon/Clio

Everything Prom-related before the actual dance takes place here: last second date-searches, time spent dressing, rendezvous with friends, and fancy limo (or, as the case may be, bus) rides to the dance are all welcome.
decoy73

The First Step is the Hardest

Post by decoy73 »

((Simon Telamon continued from Weed is the new tobacco))

Simon looked at the house on his right as his left foot ached. He didn't bother rubbing it. He just breathed in and out. He was quite familiar with phantom limb syndrome - it happened a bit, especially when he was nervous or annoyed, and right now, he was nervous as he sat in his dad's car. It was a gray Volvo S40 - not a flashy sports car or a classic, he knew that, but it was sleek and after a good wash, it was quite shiny on the outside, and clean on the inside. He looked himself over - his tuxedo was a classic black with a bow tie. He had wanted to wear a tunic and an olive leaf crown, but he and his dad realized that it would probably attract too much undue attention, even if it was a homage to his ancestors. He took out the box he had stashed under the passenger seat. The corsage. He took a quick look at it, peeking inside. Still in good condition.

Okay. Better start this up. Don't want to delay this too much.

Simon got out of the car, closing the door behind him and locking it. He looked at the house, then at the box in his hands, then at the house again as he walked forward, patting his (for once) neat hair, up the pathway to the front door, and knocked on the door.

Let's get this show on the road ...
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

((Clio Gabriella continued from Weed is the new tobacco))

The hardest step was choosing colour. What colour prom dress? Would it clash with her...anything? She eventually settled on what was commonly known as a 'plain jane'. It was a nice cream colour, didn't enhance anything, and, according to her parents, it made her look...beautiful. That was a word that she hated hearing, so much, so very very much. Not from her parents, mind.

After the dress, she needed to decide a bunch of other things. Her hair, her skin, her legs...well, she already had a job done last week, so no point doing that again...ooh, it was frustrating, but it was worth it. Simon was nice to her, and it was good to meet another European who wasn't a complete cow. What did she do to that girl anyway? Was she just like that?

So Clio now stood in front of the bedroom mirror, admiring herself from every angle, while her Mama gave her a smile. She was beautiful. Her hair was tied up in a beehive, so a solitary purple swirl was making an ice-creamesque image of her head.

Her mother ran down the stairs and grabbed the camera. Her father lead her down the stairs, while the camera snapped furiously on each step.

"Not so fast, Mama! You'll use it all up, and you wont get one of Simon!" Clio pleaded.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. It had to be him.

"Okay, Mama, Papa, just one photo, and we're off," Clio said. She walked over to the door, and opened it.

He was there. And he was looking molto, molto bene.

"Hi Simon!" Clio exclaimed, as she threw her arms around him.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

"Από τους Θεούς, είστε όμορφοι," Simon marveled in Greek. (By the Gods, you are beautiful.) Those were the only words that came to his mouth as Clio wrapped herself around Simon in a bear hug that almost squeezed the breath out of him. He just chuckled affably as he returned the hug.

"Clio! How are you?" He asked warmly as she released him. "Oh, I almost forgot." He opened the box in his right hand to reveal the wrist corsage. He noticed that the white and red flowers complemented her dress perfectly (Clio had been kind enough to provide Simon with the color of the dress, so he wasn't completely blind when making a selection) as he slid it onto her left wrist. He looked at Clio, giving her a once-over. Yeah. She had it going on tonight.

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Clio almost instantly failed to realise how strong her hug was, and so she made it that so he had air to breathe.

"Clio! How are you?"
"I am wonderful!" Clio said, finally releasing him from her death grip. "Oh, I almost forgot." Simon said, before opening the box in his hand. It was a corsage, a wonderful one at that. It reminded her of Strawberries and Cream, and it matched her dress perfectly. She was in delight as Simon slid it onto her left wrist.
"It's beautiful, Simon," Clio marveled in his generosity. She was just about to ask him if they could head out, when she remembered she had parents.

"Like the advertisements used to say, we have a Kodak moment!" Maria piped out, readying the camera.
"Oh of course!" Clio said, as she hooked her right arm into Simon's and spun him around. She held out her left hand to show off the beautiful corsage. The camera clicked, the flash creating spots in her eyes.
"Well, Prom won't wait for us, so we should go!" Clio announced "Bye Mama, bye Papa!"

Her happy, waving parents could not have been more glad for her as she waltzed out the door, Simon on right arm, corsage on left, and chariot waiting for her out the front.

((Clio Gabriella continued at the Prom))
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

((Sorry for the delay.))

Simon looked at Clio's face as she marveled at the corsage now on her left wrist, when he heard a woman speak up.

"Like the advertisements used to say, we have a Kodak moment!" Simon looked to see a woman holding a camera - Clio's mother. He felt Clio hook her right arm into his left, turning him towards the camera. Simon just smiled for the camera as the flash went off, and blinked after the fact.

"Well, Prom won't wait for us, so we should go! Bye Mama, bye Papa!"

Simon laughed as they went out the door, with Simon closing it with his left foot. He reached into his pocket with his left hand and unlocked the doors. As they reached the car, Simon opened the passenger side door.

"After you."

((Simon Telamon continued at Prom))

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7

Return to “Pre-Prom”