Let's Do the Time Warp Again

The neon blue sign running vertically down the side of the brick building is enough to grab one's attention. The Varsity is a fairly well-known sports lounge, catering to teens and adults alike. A blue star stamp on your hand indicates you aren't old enough to drink alcoholic beverages, but many teens have easily found their way around that. The lounge itself is nice, with flatscreens lined up on the walls and pool tables, foosball tables, and arcade games set up around the area.
daybreak†

Post by daybreak† »

((Kale Richardson Continued from Soar))

How long had he been circling the Varsity? It felt like forever. He was sure Jason would have arrived. Kale had lingered long enough to have well and truly given up the race. But working his way around the building Kale saw no sign of Jason...

Was he inside?

The runner tentatively poked his head in the entrance, suddenly feeling very out of place.

It was crowded and loud. He could smell the alcohol and he scrunched up his nose slightly. This didn't seem like his kind of place, but upon seeing that telltale moustache of Jason's, Kale held no reservations about strolling in.

'Good spotting,' he thought with a smile. As he reached the table he cocked his head, feeling like he was walking into the middle of something...

((OoC: Sorry about the MASSIVE delay.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler daybreak. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Jason was starting to worry slightly. Not because of Quincy, who was going with someone else, but because he didn't want to time his invitation to Alex had to remember that wrong. If he timed it wrong, Alex was going to drop off. He heard Quincy say something about Alex's guaranteed success in ten years.

"Yeah. We've all got that chance." Jason replied. "I mean, we're all able in our own ways. If we're not in the corner office or whatever by our 10th, we'll at least have gotten the ball rolling. But I don't really care much for that. I just want to look back ten years with no regrets." Jason chuckled. He then took a nice breath as he asked Alex (best to do it now and get it out of the way):

"So, Alex. Are you going to prom with anybody?" It was about two seconds later that he heard another voice.

"Nice spotting." Jason discreetly looked at the source of the voice.

Wow. That was either the best or the worst timing ever.

"Hey, Kale." Please don't mess this up ...
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Alex listened to Quincy's complement all the while watching Jason out of the corner of her eye. He looked like he was working up the nerve to do something. "So, Alex. Are you going to prom with anybody?" Jason said suddenly.

He actually asked me. Well, he kind of asked me. If she worked this right, maybe she'd get an invite out of it. Alex was thrilled, her brother had been teasing her lately that she'd be attending the prom dateless. Not that he actually had a date, he just knew it bothered her and decided to rub it in. Alex decided to overlook the secret asking from earlier, thrilled that someone had actually asked. Okay, breathe girl, don't look to eager.

She opened her mouth to answer when Jason's attention seemed to wander. A second later she heard a voice say "Nice spotting."

She looked up and saw Kale walking up to the table, she smiled and nodded her head in greeting. She knew Kale only in passing.

"No, I don't have a date for prom as of yet. Why are you asking," she said with a smile.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

((Sorry if I broke post order. This kind of drama is best settled straight away.))

"No, I don't have a date for prom as of yet. Why are you asking?"

She's smiling! Does she know? Does she want to go with me? This is getting stressful.

Jason's mind reeled with Alex's reaction. It took him a second to think about what to say. He didn't want his mouth to run like a diesel engine again.

"Well, I was asking if you had a date because I didn't want to sound stupid asking you to prom if you did have one. Would you like to go to prom with me?"

Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes ...

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
daybreak†

Post by daybreak† »

Kale bit his tongue and stilled. Oh, yeah...definitely walked into the middle of something. He felt it better to just wait this one out for his actual greeting before interrupting. He was actually intrigued by the whole "asking to Prom thing"...

"Well, I was asking if you had a date because I didn't want to sound stupid asking you to prom if you did have one. Would you like to go to prom with me?"

Nicely done...he couldn't help but think with a smile. As far as he had heard, asking a girl to prom was hard. Not that he knew...but he was hoping for a positive for Jason's sake.

He turned himself away, suddenly realising just how intrusive it may seem for him to just stand and watch. Don't interrupt, and don't stand there listening to their conversation. Ma taught you manners for a reason, he scolded himself. Hey...there's sports on the T.V.

((Sorry...but I can't leave the boy standing there slack jawed and staring through the whole thing...that'd be rude...))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler daybreak. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Alex grinned again as Kale attempted to not pay attention to the conversation in front of him. She decided to draw out the moment taking a sip from her soda before fixing her gaze on Jason again. "Yes, Jason, I'll go to Prom with you," she said and tried to stifle the giggle at his sigh of relief.

"It's safe. No embarrasing scenes," she said to Kale. "I'm sure you'd be much more comfortable if you actually pulled up a chair and joined us."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Killer_Moth†

Post by Killer_Moth† »

Quince sat and sipped his beer, bemused at the pair fumbling awkwardly. He tried to think how he'd asked out Felicia, and realised he hadn't made a much better job of it. Still, he should be happy for them. As far as guys went, Alex could do a whole lot worse

As Kale wandered over and joined the group, Quincy instinctively looked him up and down. Athletic, but he's a runner. There's upper body strength, but I'd doubt if he knows how to throw a punch. Quince mentally chided himself. He had to stop looking at everybody who came up to him as a potential threat, or challenge. Still, as Kale looked around, trying to avoid the situation he'd wandered into, Quince felt momentary satisfaction that he could easily take the guy one on one.

"Way to go, Jason, my man. Here's hoping you can handle an American girl. Now, anybody want another drink?" He killed the bottle in his hands, and hoped he had enough in his billfold to make a proper night of this.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Killer_Moth. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
daybreak†

Post by daybreak† »

Kale could feel it; eyes assessing him and it made him shift from foot to foot uncomfortably. He didn't really know the other boy at the table but he was giving off a vibe the Tracuer deemed hostile. And then it was gone, and Kale could breath again.

"It's safe. No embarrasing scenes, I'm sure you'd be much more comfortable if you actually pulled up a chair and joined us."

He smiled alittle.

"Alright. Thanks..." he said as he pulled a chair over from another table to make a spot for himself at the table. Kale patted Jason on the back as he sat, grinning from ear to ear.

Good job...
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

"Yes, Jason, I'll go to Prom with you."

At that moment, Jason's head immediately exploded from the shock. At least, that's how the scene played out in his head. In reality, Jason just sat there, staring at Alex, as Quincy congratulated him. He didn't really hear what he said, because Jason had just one thought running through his head:

She thinks I'm worthy? Oh, my God! She thinks I'm worthy as a prom date!

Jason felt an impact on his back. He looked to his left to see Kale, beaming. Jason's nervous expression that had been plastered on his face slowly changed as he laughed in relief. It seemed like what he did was so much easier now that he had actually done it.

"Wow! I can't ... I mean, that's splendid." Jason caught himself before he went into another run-on soliloquy. "So, pick you up at six-thirty?" Jason, having used his money to update his car, was hardly expecting to have his parents pay for a limo. A shiny new car with some stylish updates was going to have to do. Talking about the modification process was going to be good.

((Jason Clarke continued in Real Men Don't Need to Open Doors ...))

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

"Wow! I can't ... I mean, that's splendid." Jason caught himself before he went into another run-on soliloquy. "So, pick you up at six-thirty?"

"Sure, six-thirty sounds great," Alex said with a smile her thoughts drifting to getting home and telling her mom she'd been asked to prom. Mom would be thrilled for her, but then she'd probably again hear the lecture about her dress choice. Well, maybe she could head off that argument by throwing Roman under the bus. That sounded like a good plan to her, after all what were brothers for.

"Way to go, Jason, my man. Here's hoping you can handle an American girl. Now, anybody want another drink?" He killed the bottle in his hands, and hoped he had enough in his billfold to make a proper night of this.

"I'll take a soda," she said turning her attention back to Qunicy. "So now that we've exhausted the prom discussion, what should we talk about next? Sports," Alex asked tipping back in her chair.
Killer_Moth†

Post by Killer_Moth† »

Quincy bowed his head as he rose from his seat, instinctively protecting it. Just a minor habit he'd picked up from his training. It was something he was a bit self conscious about, especially with Kale there. The guy seemed to pick up on his signals somehow. Quincy felt threatened, and slightly revised his earlier estimate of the guy.

At least this round should prove to be cheap, with only his beer and a soda. Whether the guys didn't want to get indebted or just weren't drinking, he didn't know. At least with Jason it didn't feel like a deliberate snub. The guy had other things on his mind, clearly.

As he wandered over to the bar, he gestured to the bartender, who acknowledged him in turn with a sharp nod. He raised his empty bottle, which was swiftly met with a full one in front of him. "Erm... and a soda." The bartender swiftly produced one again. As before, he threw a few bills on the bar, leaving a tip for the guy. Drinks in hand, he returned to the table.

"OK guys. What did I miss?"

((Quincy Jones continued in The Dance Must go on!))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Killer_Moth. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
daybreak†

Post by daybreak† »

"So now that we've exhausted the prom discussion, what should we talk about next? Sports,"

Kale just cracked a smile. He opened his mouth but shut it as Quincy stood.

Kale watched him, feeling quite perplexed. What was this guy's deal? He was acting like a fight was about to break out. It put the Tracuer on edge, and Kale just didn't like it. He hated fights, he really did. As Quincy left, he turned to the others with a troubled look.

"Did I do something to upset him?" Kale honestly thought he had done something wrong. "That's Quincy Jones, yeah? I think I have a class with him...Is he like that with everyone?" Shrugging it off, the Tracuer tried to lighten his mood again. It couldn't be anything personal. He'd never spoken to the guy before.

((Kale Richardson continued in Paces))
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Alex thanked Quincy for the soda when he returned and spent the better part of an hour chatting with the boys. Her phone chirped and she smiled as she pulled her phone out checking the text message. Glancing at the time, her eyes widened.

"Wow, would you look at the time. Sorry, guys, I gotta go, curfew. See you later," she said and with a smile and a wave headed back to her car.

((Alex Jackson continued in Splashdown!))

Return to “The Varsity”