Fucking Compasses... How Do They Work?

Open Thread

The southern side of the felled forest is similar to the northern one, though it is more steeply sloped, angling up along the northern slope of the island’s central mountain. The footing is more treacherous here, with erosion having damaged much of the soil.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

((Sorry to break post order, but I'm a little scared that Simon's going inactive ...))

"You've seen Roman. You're sure. Damn, I wish I had my phone there's a picture of him. He's okay though? I mean he had to be if you could go your separate ways? And did he leave first? Did you see which way he went?"

"He seemed okay to me. Someone called out to him. Had huge mustache, like Borat, and Roman responded to it. He left when ..."

Ah-choo! Crack. Simon flinched as he looked down, to notice that his leg was fine. Then ...

"Oh Jesus. Oh Jesus, Milo, I am SO sorry!" The brunette had apparently fired her rifle when she had sneezed, and was now apologizing for it. He looked over to Milo, who now had a dart sticking out of his crotch. Simon just stared at the sight as Milo's screams turned into ... something, as Milo looked at the other guy with them, and then ...

"Oh my god, you're Mecha-Bigfoot!"

"Uh, what's up with him?" (As if that weren't obvious enough ...)
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

((Actually, it was your turn to post all the time, decoy :P))

Deep inside his mind, Rob actually hoped, that the annoying guy will try to do something stupid, after Rob told him to leave. He was still really pissed off, and a good beating could solve all his problems right there. As it turned out though, it wasn't necessary, as someone completely unexpected somehow managed to punish Milo (as it turned out to be his name) much better than Rob ever imagined.

At first, Rob stared dumbfounded at the situation. It just seemed so... Bizarre. One second he's shouting at the guy, and the in a flash, the guy has a tranquilizer dart... In his nutsack?

So, that rifle actually shoots tranquilizers. Well, that's good to kn- OMG THAT'S HILARIOUS!

Robert exploded, but this time in a positive way. Suddenly, all the tension, bad mood, and a brief recall of his past deeds on the island, all went out to meet the outside world in a nice, big package of laughter, leaving his soul clean for a moment, and making him forget about the game for a while. In fact, Rob found the situation so hilarious, he almost fell on the ground from the laughter.

"Oh... Oh my..." He tried to catch some breath after his outburst, before standing up and sending a (giant) thumb up to the girl. "That was great. I just wanted to hit him in the face, that's all, but your idea is way better. Next time warn me before firing, though..."

Still laughing, Rob took a few steps back, then sat down and opened his daypack for some spare bread, as Milo started screaming. Comedy gold was happening right before his eyes, but that doesn't mean his stomach forgotten about it's demands.

As he munched the bread, Milo started... Fading away, as Rob guessed. The annoying guy just stood there, and stared. What was worse, he stared exactly at the redhead. At first, Rob just passed it as something normal for someone who just got shot with a tranquilizer, but it became a little bit unsettling after a few minutes. When Rob was ready to change position to see, if the guy stared at him, or just happened to look in a random direction, the guy finally opened his mouth.

"Oh my god, you're Mecha-Bigfoot!"

Wait, what?

It looked like the guy was still on high, as the words he spoken made no sense whatsoever. Then again, nothing which came out from Milo's mouth made sense so far, so maybe he was back to his normal self? Rob decided not to dwell on that subject. He couldn't pass up answering the guy, though.

"Mecha-Bigfoot?" Rob smiled a little. "Seriously? That's lame, dude. I really do hope it won't become my NBA nickname, when I'll be back in the states."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Yossarian. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Alex let out a small sigh of relief at the news she got from Simon, but instantly wanted more. Why didn't he know more? Did he know you had to keep an eye on Roman? She was ready to pump him for more information when a sneeze and Jessica suddenly apologizing caught her attention. She turned around and couldn't hide a smile at the scene before her.

"Wow Jess, way to show that all we wanted was to have breakfast," she said stepping towards her friend. "Maybe we should put the rifle down before anything else gets injured."

She put her hand cautiously on the rifle and pushed it down so it was pointing to the ground. She then turned and looked on in amazement in the change in Rob. "Good thinking," she whispered to Jessica over her shoulder.

Suddenly at a loss for what to do next she shifted from one foot to another. "Look Jess, I know we were supposed to eat, but I was thinking that maybe if we head over to the Hall of Mirrors that we could figure out where Roman has gone. We could always eat on the way," she said fixing Jessica with a pleading expression. "What do you say?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

... Shit. Jessica had done it. She screwed up.

Jessica never really liked Milo. He was a jerk. She didn't hate him enough to actually want to shoot him though. And now he was screaming! Oh god. What had she done?! Now they were going to think she was a loon! Oh god oh god. Jessica stared at the raving Milo, biting down on her lip. She didn't take into account that Robert was laughing at the incident. All she could think about was that she someone in the crotch, which was a disturbing thing that a young girl like Jessica should be thinking about. Her eyes almost teared up from her gut-wrenching guilt.

Wait, was Alex talking to her? Crap, she hadn't been paying attention.

Jessica turned and looked at Alex. Her eyes were wide, tearing up. "H-Huh?" She stammered. "Umm..."

Why the hell was it so hard?

Alex had been worried about Roman for the past three days. Why wouldn't Jessica just take pity on Alex and listen to her? Jessica wasn't hungry. She never ate much so going without food for a little longer wouldn't bother her.

Jessica closed her eyes. Alex, Josie, Pand-Meredith. She really hated that name. She didn't have many friends. Jessica couldn't even name five off of the top of her head. Everyone looked at her as the weird girl that never spoke during class. They never bothered with her. Alex and Meredith were her only friends and even then their connection was loose. And Josie - well, Jessica had only spoken to her twice.

Nick. Especially Nick. His name should have overshadowed Roman and Josie. On the list of people she wanted to see the most, Nick was way up there. Things didn't feel so rushed with him. She didn't stumble over words when she was around him. That made her feel... what was the word? Normal? Jessica knew she was a normal girl but that was the only way she could describe it. Jessica would travel to see Nick. That begged the question though. If Jessica heard that Nick was at the Hall of Mirrors... Would Alex go with Jessica half-way across their little deserted home? Or would Alex sneer at Jessica and tell her she was stupid? Jessica wasn't sure about either of these things. So she had flipped her coin and it had landed on it's edge. Now where was supposed to side...

Then again she did shoot someone in the crotch so... when Jessica really thought about it, the decision had been made for her.

"Yeah," Jessica said after a moment of hesitation. She nodded. "Y-Yeah, let's just go."

Jessica didn't take into account how the chances of Roman actually showing up there were small. He might have moved on for all she knew! However, it was an excuse to leave. So she left without fuss.

(Jessica and Alex continued in Not What I was Expecting)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Sean†

Post by Sean† »

((Narrowly avoiding inactivity here.))

Milo looked up. The two girls, who were now rainbow unicorns from his sedative-enhanced point of view, were leaving him there with Mecha-Bigfoot.

He decided to make his displeasure at this very clear, very loudly.

"Hey! Let me ride away into the sunset on your glistening back and fly away from Mecha-Bigfoot!" he yelled, slurring his speech. He got progressively dizzier.

"Mommy? Daddy? Sasquatch? Why is the world all spinny and magnets?" he muttered, and then collapsed.
Milo woke up in a featureless grey plane and heard a very familiar voice.

"Oh jesus, not you again," the voice said dejectedly.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sean. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

((Sorry about the short, crap-tacular post.))

Simon just stared at the snob Milo Taylor (That's who suit-boy was) as he slowly went into oblivion.

"Hey! Let me ride away into the sunset on your glistening back and fly away from Mecha-Bigfoot!" he yelled to Jessica and Alex, who were both leaving the scene as Simon turned towards them. Funny thing: now that he recognized Milo as the jackass that thought himself as being better than everyone (Huh. Kinda like Cartman), the whole being shot in the crotch with a tranquilizer dart now seemed pretty funny.

"Mommy? Daddy? Sasquatch? Why is the world all spinny and magnets?" Those were Milo's last words before he fell blissfully asleep. Simon just turned to Rob as Simon remembered his "weapon."

"Dude, that was just hilarious. I gotta go. You can follow me if you want, but he has to stay. I say no to drugs," Simon walked off with his best attempt at a joke, remembering the incredible gamble he was taking by hoping that his key in his jeans led to something useful.

((Simon Telamon continued in Living in the Aftermath))
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sean†

Post by Sean† »

Milo looked at the source of the voice.

Unsurprisingly, it was the same red naked Barbie-crotch version of him that he had seen last time he fell asleep.

"Oh for fuck's sake, no. No. I'm not punching a superego-horse to death again. That can go get fucked," Milo told the red clone. Milo blinked, and the red Milo was suddenly wearing sunglasses.

"Deal with it," the red Milo said.

"What?"

"I said deal with it, motherfucker," and with that Milo got a sudden vision of his mother performing an obscene act on a donkey.
Milo bolted upright and screamed at the top of his lungs. He continued to scream for what felt like several minutes, until all the air was out of his lungs.

He took a deep breath and continued screaming. Mecha-Bigfoot had become a giant cockroach now.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU'RE A GIANT ROACH!" Milo screamed at the unsettling creature, who clicked his antennae at him. He picked up his daypack, still screaming incoherently, and bolted away from the area.

Clearly the tranquilizers had not worn off yet.

((Milo Taylor continued in When My Fist Clenches, Crack It Open))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sean. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

And suddenly, Rob was all alone again. The girls formed a search party for the missing twin, 'Mr. Information' followed them, and the annoying guy left as well, after a couple more tranquilizer-induced bullshit (actually, at one point Rob noticed, that Milo's behavior is not that much different from his normal not-sedated self. It looked like this guy just ate, drink and breathe craptalk). The redhead just sat there in silence.

But that was a good thing, you know? That was exactly, how liked it to be. All of those 4 people presented no value to his survival odds whatsoever, and they were going to die sooner or later (Rob could bet all his first NBA payment, that the annoying guy was going to get shot very soon in that state). Also, they were just an annoyance. Now, Rob was sure he won't get woken up with a sound of a terrible hip-hop, or hit by a rock, just so he can turn his attention to someone.

All was just the way he wanted at that moment.

Perfect...

((Rob Jenkins continued in When My Fist Clenches, Crack It Open))

((Thread is over))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Yossarian. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Felled Forest: South”