Revenge is Best Served Cold

end of day 4

These are the woods on the island’s Western coast. The trees run nearly all the way to the sea, allowing only a thin stretch of beach, which disappears altogether depending on the tide.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

"Wait a minute. Just where exactly did you and Alex get the idea that I was going to kill Hayley? Honestly, sounds like you two are the bloodthirsty ones. Trying to egg me on into killing someone, trying to take advantage of my feelings for James. Wow, who knew you were that devious Alex, trying to turn Charlie and me against each other. First, you purposely get wounded so Charlie here feels indebted to you. Then you beg someone to cut your arm off, refusing any sort of proper medical treatment, even though you both had first aid kits. Finally, you decide that I'm going to kill Hayley. Just what exactly is your game?"

Charlene's expression momentarily showed confusion. Thea was getting a little paranoid. As far as Charlie knew, Alex and Thea didn't even know of each other until the game started, not to mention that Charlie had clearly mentioned that she simply wouldn't stop Thea from killing Hayley if Thea tried to do it (actually, it hadn't been that clear). Of course, given how much James meant to Thea, it wouldn't exactly be unexpected if Thea did try to kill Hayley. Then Tall Boy spoke up:

"I ... do think this is a rather large misunderstanding. Neither I nor Alex have any inclination to harm you or anyone else. I am under the impression, in fact, that Alex is attempting to prevent further bloodshed." Charlie approached Thea and murmured furtively, just loud enough so that only Thea could make it out:

"Thea, all I said was that if you tried to get Hayley, then I'm not going to stop you. I'll just look the other way if you decide to do it ... with the gun they gave me." Charlie looked around to make sure that Alex and Tall Boy weren't looking, then winked at Thea.

Ugh. Must I always say everything over again? (Yes, you do. Maybe you wouldn't have to re-explain what you said if you said it right the first time.)
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
nowave†

Post by nowave† »

"Alright Thea, I'll bite. We're out here because you're looking for Hayley Kelly. You're looking for her because she killed someone that you care about. So if you're not going to kill her, what are we doing here?"

He sighed.

"I purposely get wounded..." he said, rubbing his hand over his eyes softly. When he looked up his eyes were angry. "Who the fuck do you think you are?" he said, his scottish accent suddenly entering into his speech.

"All I've done since I've got to this island is try and help people. All I want is to try and figure out a way out of this place and try and get as many people out of here as possible. I took a bullet for Charlene because she seemed to think that was a good idea."

He shook his head. "And it cost me my arm. Which was too far gone, I was too far gone. If we hadn't cut it off, I would be dead right now."

He looked over to Charlene. "And you don't owe me a thing." He looked back at Thea, by now his voice was barking in the broad glasweigan of his father. His features were contorted with rage. "But how dare you question my integrity, when all i've ever tried to do is help and all I've seen you do is argue about helping me and lead everyone out here to go hunt the GIRL I LOVE!"

Suddenly his face changed. In shock at the very words that had escaped his lips. His true motivations revealed. He didn't want anyone to die. But especially not her.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler nowave. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Thea listened to Alex's outburst coolly. The longer the talked the more she was beginning to think that her idea had in fact been correct. Alex was seriously unbalanced and was trying to take things out on her.

She crossed her hands over her chest. "Now the truth comes out. Hayley can do no wrong and should in no way be harmed, harassed, or messed with because you love her. Awww how sweet," she said in a mocking tone. "Congratulations I hope it works out for you. I'm sure you'll be as happy as James and I are. No wait, as James and I were. She's a murderer, a psycho, she killed him. MURDERED HIM. MY JAMES, who wouldn't hurt a fly and who only went around helping people on this island. I can see see how he'd be a really threat. And you love that? Yeah I have a problem with your integrity and motivation on the island."

"And as for our little understanding," she said turning towards Jasper-Declan and putting the word understanding in air quotes. "Can you see what I'm talking about? At no time have I mentioned Hayley and yet Alex here as made it the sole purpose. I started out looking for James and then needed some time to collect myself. I have no idea where this Hayley idea came from."

"And finally, you," she said turning towards Charlie. "What are you training to be a lawyer all of a sudden? Like I care if there was an "if" in your statement, honestly. Get over yourself Charlie there's more important things going on then semantics battles. I don't even know you anymore. You know what I'm out. You wanna hang here with your precious savior and his new boytoy, you're more than welcome."

She shouldered her bag, somewhat comforted by the extra weight it now had. She'd emptied James' bag of the extra food and grabbed a couple of shirts along with the photo. Spinning away from the group she headed into the woods that Jason and Evie had disappeared into not long ago.

((Thea Kairos continued in Anthem for Doomed Youth))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Thea's little speech had upset Alex a bit. He squeezed at his eyes as Alex went into Thea for assuming that he was manipulating everyone ... and then the truth of the matter came out.

"But how dare you question my integrity, when all i've ever tried to do is help and all I've seen you do is argue about helping me and lead everyone out here to go hunt the GIRL I LOVE!"

He loved her? Alex loved Hayley? That was not the best news that Charlene had heard. Mainly because ever since Hayley had killed Steve, Charlie had wanted to stay away from her. Fact was, not pulling the trigger on Hayley was what she owed Alex for saving her ass. Thea's feelings were somewhat different.

"Now the truth comes out. Hayley can do no wrong and should in no way be harmed, harassed, or messed with because you love her. Awww how sweet. Congratulations, I hope it works out for you. I'm sure you'll be as happy as James and I are. No wait, as James and I were. She's a murderer, a psycho, she killed him. MURDERED HIM. MY JAMES, who wouldn't hurt a fly and who only went around helping people on this island. I can see how he'd be a really threat. And you love that? Yeah, I have a problem with your integrity and motivation on the island." Thea railed against Alex, and then Tall Boy, neither of which Charlie had a problem with. Then Thea turned to face her.

"And finally, you," Charlie's expression momentarily went into confusion. "What are you training to be a lawyer all of a sudden? Like I care if there was an 'if' in your statement, honestly. Get over yourself, Charlie there's more important things going on then semantics battles. I don't even know you anymore. You know what, I'm out. You wanna hang here with your precious savior and his new boytoy, you're more than welcome." And with that, Thea turned around and left, leaving Charlie standing there, shocked.

Had she been thinking about it, she would have realized that this was the problem of trying to keep the loyalties of two people who essentially had opposite goals. Going fully onboard with Thea would have meant going against Alex, and siding with Alex would have meant betraying her best friend. Her attempt to play both sides, by simply giving indirect assistance to Thea, had failed, and now Thea hated her.

No, no, no. Thea leaving hurt more than anything, including the gunshot wound she took the first day. After about fifteen seconds, Charlie managed to get herself back into the real world.

"No, Thea, please! I'm ..." Charlie started after her, afraid that she'd just lost her best friend of ten years ...

((Charlene Norris continued in Without Love, It Cannot Be Seen))
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hollyquin†

Post by Hollyquin† »

Jasper-Declan was silent, as he often was, digesting the details of the scene occurring around him, as he was wont to do. This girl, this Thea, seemed quite unreasonable. This Charlene seemed...he didn't know exactly what to think of her. She was clearly on Thea's side, but she didn't seem to want any conflict, which was exactly how he felt, though obviously his loyalties lay with Alex. And Alex...was in love?

"But how dare you question my integrity, when all i've ever tried to do is help and all I've seen you do is argue about helping me and lead everyone out here to go hunt the GIRL I LOVE!"

Well then.

Jasper-Declan didn't understand love. Well, he understood it, in a technical sense, and he certainly loved his parents and his brother and sister, but in the teenage, affectionate, boy/girl sense, he just didn't comprehend it. But he understood well enough that Alex's feelings were strong- strong enough to be protecting a girl who had killed, more than once- and that he needed to be on Alex's side for this. Not that he would've changed sides now, for anything. He had found Alex, and he was not going to lose him now. For any reason.

Of course, Thea took issue with this explanation. Apparently one of the people Hayley had killed had been the boy Thea had loved, which made her position a bit more understandable, he supposed. She left soon after, and Charlene followed suit, leaving Jasper-Declan and Alex alone in the woods.

...What was there to say?

"...Alex," he said, speaking slowly. "Let's go. It is...getting quite late. We must find a place to rest."

He began to walk, making sure that Alex followed.

"So..."

Jasper-Declan hesitated. Speaking this way was not his forte. He wasn't much for casual conversation. But...

"...How long have you been in love with Hayley...?"

[[Jasper-Declan MacDermott and Alexander Campbell continued in Our Last Days As Children]]

[[END OF THREAD]]
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Hollyquin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Woods: Coastal”